• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Adelaide - Valhalla, November

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
The Reloaded committee has no hesitation in asking jamage to run its smash events. Hes the only person who has stood up consistently to do so, and the committee - most of whom have run big lan events for more than 10 years - have no beef with him.

The fact is, in 6 years of working with Jamage as our tournament director for annual smash comps, Ive had one complaint from someone who was actually prepared to work with us (thanks gaganova). Apollo has offered to assist with the Valhalla side of things at least for the trial. For the rest, not one of you has ever come up to me at an event and said "hey this jamage guy doesnt know what he's doing".

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'll be there guys.

Hey Wookie, any chance of running BlazBlue at future Valhallas? That got a pretty good turn out at Reloaded right? And the new one has been released so it should be even better.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Funny how in person you were quite nice to me but now youve got your screen to hide behind.......
you're stupid, luke is the exact opposite of a keyboard warrior LOL. He either genuinely liked and/or had no problems with you (obv not the case after reading this thread), or you're simply just too ******** to tell he was taking the piss out of you. Anyone who actually knows luke will agree with me.

anyway **** sa

Nova

Banned via Warnings
cbf reading.
But....
Apollo's going to win Brawl, easily.
No Melee is a bit :(, tbh.
Depending on where I live, I might show up.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
ive been considering offering a further $25 for a melee prize, but again it contingent on someone running it.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I co-ran Brawl at Reloaded with Jamage, pretty much.
So I'll help around where it's needed with whatever.
This lan seems like it'll be good enough to finally boost some interest back into SA's scenes outside of Reloaded.

<3 Wookie.

Edit: I'll be there 100% now.
Yes I'm back in SA.
Bipolaaaaaaaaaaaaar bàstard I am.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I co-ran Brawl at Reloaded with Jamage, pretty much.
So I'll help around where it's needed with whatever.
This lan seems like it'll be good enough to finally boost some interest back into SA's scenes outside of Reloaded.

<3 Wookie.

Edit: I'll be there 100% now.
Yes I'm back in SA.
Bipolaaaaaaaaaaaaar bàstard I am.
Does that mean the smash meet is pretty much confirmed then?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Edit: stfu myself.
God, how annoying.
Anyway, yeah, we just need a date, before or after this event, I'm guessing before would be better.
Since I was on strong pain killers at reloaded I've forgotten most people. :(

Edit 2: Umm and I guess I'm free most weekends.

Edit 3: All we need for a meet is a house, I guess. We can do it at mine, but that involves going to Salisbury/Paralowie.
Which is ugh. Major ugh. Bogan paradise.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Edit: stfu myself.
God, how annoying.
Anyway, yeah, we just need a date, before or after this event, I'm guessing before would be better.
Since I was on strong pain killers at reloaded I've forgotten most people. :(
I text'd Dave about it a few hours ago, no reply yet so no idea if he is interested.

I don't want to drive all the way up to Salisbury for this :laugh:

I wonder if Apollo or Jamage would mind sharing their houses :chuckle:

I wouldn't mind having it at my house, only issue is if my parents would mind...

This is so annoying.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Well, either way, I'm up for one.
I can have one here whenever or go to whoever's, wherever & whenever.
Doesn't get better than that, Adhorelaide. <3 In other words people just need to name a date and I can host or go to one.

Edit: Hmm, I wonder if I can find something like Victoria has (some city based gaming thing, forgotten what it's called) in Adelaide (CBD) tomorrow. I'll see.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Doesn't get better than that, Adhorelaide. <3 In other words people just need to name a date and I can host or go to one.

Edit: Hmm, I wonder if I can find something like Victoria has (some city based gaming thing, forgotten what it's called) in Adelaide (CBD) tomorrow. I'll see.
Dave said he'll come, so that's good news.

Good luck with finding the city-based gaming thing in Adelaide :D

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
you're stupid, luke is the exact opposite of a keyboard warrior LOL. He either genuinely liked and/or had no problems with you (obv not the case after reading this thread), or you're simply just too ******** to tell he was taking the piss out of you. Anyone who actually knows luke will agree with me.

anyway **** sa
Hey I calls it likes I see it and thats how it was as he had nothing to say to my face apart from the fact that the comps could be run faster and nothing else. I had no problems with him until he got back home and started acting like a little ***** and continues too and im sick of dealing with it.

Other people just feel like trolling.
Pretty much.

The Reloaded committee has no hesitation in asking jamage to run its smash events. Hes the only person who has stood up consistently to do so, and the committee - most of whom have run big lan events for more than 10 years - have no beef with him.

The fact is, in 6 years of working with Jamage as our tournament director for annual smash comps, Ive had one complaint from someone who was actually prepared to work with us (thanks gaganova). Apollo has offered to assist with the Valhalla side of things at least for the trial. For the rest, not one of you has ever come up to me at an event and said "hey this jamage guy doesnt know what he's doing".
Thanks Wookie, I dont claim to be perfect or the best TO around but I know I do at least a decent job and all I seem to get is praise for my efforts.
Hope Apollo does an even better job than I do for Valhalla.
Also thanks Apollo for stepping up and doing Valhalla as I already got so much on my plate and another TO was definatly needed here in SA.

Im also keen and could also host it at my house in St Marys if needed. Have 2 Wii's and a Cube already set up.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Im also keen and could also host it at my house in St Marys if needed. Have 2 Wii's and a Cube already set up.
That'd be awesome if we could have it at your place.
I got a hacked Wii, a N64 with two controllers (both with crap sticks), 1 GCN controller, 2 wiimotes, 1 chuck and I may be able to borrow my bro's cube if we need it.

I got these games, I might bring them if people are interested:
Brawl
Okami - Wii
MadWorld
MP3 Corruption
Mario Kart Wii
Wii Sports (:D)
Melee
Zelda: TP - GCN
Zelda: WW
Zelda: FSA
Ikaruga - GCN
Zelda: MM
Super Mario 64
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium 1
Mario Kart 64
Banj-Kazooie
Diddy Kong Racing
Smash 64

So far, the people attending seem to be:
GrimTuesday
Gaganova
Jamage
2SXC

I'm sure Apollo would want to come... and maybe some of the other people who were at Reloaded?

I could also invite my friends Michael and Jack if we want more people, I think they are interested in getting into the competitive scene :D

Long live SA!

zApollo

Smash Ace
I wonder if Apollo or Jamage would mind sharing their houses :chuckle:
I would offer, but it'll be tricky hosting over 4-5 people as there is no big open space at the place. Once the shed out back gets renovated into an entertainment area then I'm all for meets at my place. That'll be later this year or early next year.

That would be awesome if you could offer to host for this meet, I'm only 30 mins away. If the time is convenient then I'll definitely come, either saturday afternoon or sunday midday in these upcoming weekends.

If I do come I'll also bring my equipment, should I bring a TV as well?

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Either this sunday or sunday the 22nd are both good for me. Happy to lock it in for this sunday if other people can make it.

Have held a couple of lan/partys here before. Place is pretty good for it.
Have 2 Wii's and 2 360's set up on 2 lcd's in the loungeroom. Spare 68cm and 2 51cm crts.
2 other people live there also own 360's and 1 has a ps3 in their rooms and could join in if we decide to play 360/ps3 lan or online.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Either this sunday or sunday the 22nd are both good for me. Happy to lock it in for this sunday if other people can make it.

Have held a couple of lan/partys here before. Place is pretty good for it.
Have 2 Wii's and 2 360's set up on 2 lcd's in the loungeroom. Spare 68cm and 2 51cm crts.
2 other people live there also own 360's and 1 has a ps3 in their rooms and could join in if we decide to play 360/ps3 lan or online.
Once we work out the time/date I'll tell Dave (and my friend Jack, he expressed interest).

Do you have BlazBlue for 360/PS3?

I'd personally prefer the 22nd, my parents are going to the football this Sunday and it depends on the time if they'll be able to take me.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Ok if i have this right -

Apollo has volunteered to run Smash Brawl at Valhalla on August 21
GrimTuesday has volunteered for Smash melle at Valhalla on August 21

I am personally putting up the cash prize for this.

$50 for Smash Brawl
$25 for Smash melee.

correct me if im wrong

We've been remiss in not running this sooner at Valhalla, but Reloaded more or less sets the tone for Val comps for the rest of the year. Assume Melee runs immediately fter Brawl on the Val timetable.

We currently have 1 x Wii, and 2 or 3 CRT tvs available at the LAN for this. The larger ones you guys apparently dont like but will be used for other tournaments at the same time.

zApollo

Smash Ace
We currently have 1 x Wii, and 2 or 3 CRT tvs available at the LAN for this. The larger ones you guys apparently dont like but will be used for other tournaments at the same time.
I will bring my own wii and a copy of the game, along with whatever controllers I have. I also trust that Jamage will bring his as well if he will attend. If you also have a copy of the game that is 3 setups guaranteed, which should be enough for a small scale tournament. The more the better of course.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I will bring my own wii and a copy of the game, along with whatever controllers I have. I also trust that Jamage will bring his as well if he will attend. If you also have a copy of the game that is 3 setups guaranteed, which should be enough for a small scale tournament. The more the better of course.
I will bring my controller and maybe my Wii also.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Be sure to check the site closer to the date.

Timetable:
(not sure why spoiler tags are not working)
We have a fortnight guys, consider SG this weekend as practice leading up to Valhalla =P

zApollo

Smash Ace
Brawl teams are on, we will start with brawl doubles at around 2.30pm and then singles at 4pm or earlier seeing how things go with the melee side of things. I'll make sure there are setups before and after for casual play.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
This is now just one week away! With a view to doing something major at the October School Holiday Special for both forms of Smash if this works now.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
<3
Should work well, Reloaded alone seems to have boosted Smash's popularity in SA.

Doubles start at 2:30?
I'll probably arrive around 2 and leave after Brawl/Melee singles (whatever is last).

ALSO: I suggest instead of using a camera for finals, Losers Final, Winners Final and Grand Final be played on a Wii that has homebrew replays enabled, then uploaded that way after the event.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
ALSO: I suggest instead of using a camera for finals, Losers Final, Winners Final and Grand Final be played on a Wii that has homebrew replays enabled, then uploaded that way after the event.
I agree completely with this.

Will hacked Wiis be needed? Cause mine is hacked and I can quite easily put No Tripping and Infinite Replays w/ Tags codes.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
There will need to be one hacked Wii.
Replays extending 3 minutes should be the only cheat on, though.
And texture hacks if people want.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Why not "no tripping"?
Because it changes the gameplay somewhat. People have adopted walking into their play style to avoid the game mechanic. If you sprint then you risk tripping. All modifications of the game engine should be avoided whereas possible.

Also, if it's altered on one wii, then all other wiis at the tourney then must have the hack to ensure equal and fair play for all contenders. This is not practical.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Because it changes the gameplay somewhat. People have adopted walking into their play style to avoid the game mechanic. If you sprint then you risk tripping. All modifications of the game engine should be avoided whereas possible.

Also, if it's altered on one wii, then all other wiis at the tourney then must have the hack to ensure equal and fair play for all contenders. This is not practical.
Ah yeah, I forgot about how people walk.

Nevermind then.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Well I think its importnat and we cant do it on every Wii. I lost a game on Saturday simply coz I tripped. If this could be taken off at least one of the Wii I would be happy that chances of this happening have been lowered.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yeah but it's not going to be off on all the Wii's.
I.e, you trip on a system that isn't altered, then use "well I wouldn't have lost if we were on that system" just makes it difficult.

Tripping on/off must be universal.
And given it changes gameplay (dash dancing among other things) means it should remain banned as "anything" that changes how the game is usually played to people that grow used to it (any gameplay modification) aren't accepted.
Walking/Camping/Jumping all are ways to avoid a dreaded random tumble.

Yes tripping can be gay (Corpsecreate V Vlade lol, but even in this case Corpse predicts which way he'll roll) - Brawl is a gay game. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom