• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Adelaide - Valhalla, November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Oh bugger. D:

I don't want to be broken in.

@ontopic - How big, roughly is the SA scene? I'm sure it's bigger than I'd assume.
Just all the people who play aren't regular SWF members and such?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I doubt it, he's still not home.
I'll be there.
WITH OXYCODONE FOR ALL.
Just kiddin'...IT'S MINE!
I'll give him a ring, or text him the address.

He was at Thriller he just didn't enter it 'cause I kicked him out.
Pretty sure he beat Alzi, though. :D

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Bahahaha, the random factor in the game.

Frigate flipping while Vlade and Glenn were in the air fighting caused Vlade to fall off and die, in grand finals.

Was an epic, yet frustrating moment for him. Same with the upset with the set between Andre and Gnasch at a tournament a while back.
His own fault, the random flipping is pretty easy to predict, and a good rule of thumb is that it never flips while the lights are out...

Smash scene pretty much consists of:
Apollo
GrimTuesday
Jamage
Gaganova
Aces_
DJBrownie (?)

I think that is pretty much it.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Everyone seemed to have enjoyed the event today, thanks for coming Grim, Acer, Named, Nova and a few others.

Next time I'll bring my own tournament bracket software so we don't have to rely on the VAL network for the match standings.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
1st - Nova (Snake)
2nd - Rey (MK, Marth)
3rd - American forgot the name (Ike)
4th - Kirby user
5th - Pikachu user
Rest: nfi

Rage Rey left early. Took.a.set off me with Marth wtf.

Edit: djb doesn't post here (Aus) 'cause he hates competition or something, lol.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yeah he's also my brother.
He suckkkkkkkkkkks. </3

Edit because I'm evil:
I won Melee.
And I barely play it lolz. <3

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Lol
Sure you will.
You can't beat my tech skill.
DI to tech the floor to wavedashed d-smash. <3

Anyway Wookie told me next Valhalla will be 2nd of October.
I won't be here as I'll be in Melb for RC.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Lol
Sure you will.
You can't beat my tech skill.
DI to tech the floor to wavedashed d-smash. <3

Anyway Wookie told me next Valhalla will be 2nd of October.
I won't be here as I'll be in Melb for RC.
Lol, that is almost as good as that bull**** triangle dashing you were doing XD
Which you accidentally lead into a down smash which killed me :(

zApollo

Smash Ace
I need to learn not to pull off an emily in edgeguarding. Melee was great fun.

Nova what is this u-tilt floor tech that Rey did? Sounds amazing.

Lespar

Smash Cadet
1st - Nova (Snake)
2nd - Rey (MK, Marth)
3rd - American forgot the name (Ike)
4th - Kirby user
5th - Pikachu user
Rest: nfi

Rage Rey left early. Took.a.set off me with Marth wtf.

Edit: djb doesn't post here (Aus) 'cause he hates competition or something, lol.
Did apollo not play? Also, how many people turned up?

Well, hope you had fun. I'll be able to make it to the next one i think.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I couldnt go coz I got called in to work all day Saturday. Now have a 4 week break.

Ant fn owns...... trust me ;) Keep playing Brawl, come next Streetgeek.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I need to learn not to pull off an emily in edgeguarding. Melee was great fun.

Nova what is this u-tilt floor tech that Rey did? Sounds amazing.
Lol that was ********.
I hit him with an U-tilt on Brinstar (his stupid cp) and he somehow tech'd it off the floor, on 201%.
Cheat codes imo.

Also I can't remember the results for doubles.
But Chris, I now like Snake/ZSS, we're developing cool strategies. <3

SethT

Smash Ace
Thanks Apollo/Nova/Grim for hosting the three smash tournies, Named and I had a blast. We both needed to be at a party later in the night hence why we couldn't stay for the brawl singles.

My highlight was definitely Grim/His Partner vs that Kirby and MK match at Jungle Japes. Sucks when you lose to a Kirby with... suicidal tendencies. Still having a chuckle about that.

Also I can't remember the results for doubles.
But Chris, I now like Snake/ZSS, we're developing cool strategies. <3
2v2 Results from memory

1st Nova/Apollo
2nd Aces_ /Named
3rd The Ike/Samus
4th Grim/the Mario
5th MK/?? (think it was a Lucario)

Might be a swap around between 3rd and 4th but i'm pretty sure that was it.

Grim, your partner wasn't much of an improvement in melee either :/
Think it was my second time playing it? and i managed to beat him... that being said I went fox and just chain-grabbed him the whole time...

We'll be gunning for you next 2v2 Apollo/Nova :D

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Thanks Apollo/Nova/Grim for hosting the three smash tournies, Named and I had a blast. We both needed to be at a party later in the night hence why we couldn't stay for the brawl singles.

My highlight was definitely Grim/His Partner vs that Kirby and MK match at Jungle Japes. Sucks when you lose to a Kirby with... suicidal tendencies. Still having a chuckle about that.

2v2 Results from memory

1st Nova/Apollo
2nd Aces_ /Named
3rd The Ike/Samus
4th Grim/the Mario
5th MK/?? (think it was a Lucario)

Might be a swap around between 3rd and 4th but i'm pretty sure that was it.

Grim, your partner wasn't much of an improvement in melee either :/
Think it was my second time playing it? and i managed to beat him... that being said I went fox and just chain-grabbed him the whole time...

We'll be gunning for you next 2v2 Apollo/Nova :D
That Japes match was hilarious.
Funny how I CP'd it once cause Ride was banned, then pretty much EVERY match afterwards had it as a CP -__-

We definitely came 4th.

I agree about that Mario in Melee, but eh, what can you expect? He's not going to be Scorpion Master or Boss first try. Your brother is awesome Ace, another Ice Climber player!

SethT

Smash Ace
Oh its on Nova! It's on! :D

That Japes match was hilarious.
Funny how I CP'd it once cause Ride was banned, then pretty much EVERY match afterwards had it as a CP -__-

We definitely came 4th.

I agree about that Mario in Melee, but eh, what can you expect? He's not going to be Scorpion Master or Boss first try. Your brother is awesome Ace, another Ice Climber player!
Lol yeah! by the end of it, it was like BAN JUNGLE JAPES!

well... to tell you the truth I was expecting to get slaughtered, it feels like a completely different game.

Oh jeez... well i'll drag him along to Streetgeek as well then. I don't like his Ice Climbers... or Wolf for that matter... they both make me cringe in frustration =_=

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Oh its on Nova! It's on! :D

Lol yeah! by the end of it, it was like BAN JUNGLE JAPES!

well... to tell you the truth I was expecting to get slaughtered, it feels like a completely different game.

Oh jeez... well i'll drag him along to Streetgeek as well then. I don't like his Ice Climbers... or Wolf for that matter... they both make me cringe in frustration =_=
Japes is much more manageable 1 versus 1, it's a great CP for Meta Knight as well, you should practice on it and use it.

I wish I got to play you in Melee Ace XD, it would be like master versus apprentice, remember all that advice I gave you?

Lespar

Smash Cadet
eh, seems a little unfair to have the two unarguably best players there on the same team :(.

So, was the turn out like 10ish? My friend and I will make another doubles team next time :)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
eh, seems a little unfair to have the two unarguably best players there on the same team :(.

So, was the turn out like 10ish? My friend and I will make another doubles team next time :)
Eh, I'm gonna ask Apollo if he wants to team next Valhalla XD, hopefully I get him instead of Gaga :laugh:

On another note, my Ivysaur is getting really good. Can't wait to show if off :)

zApollo

Smash Ace
Do bring him along, and honestly I think your MK is much better. You just need to read his tactics more, as they get rather predictable.

eh, seems a little unfair to have the two unarguably best players there on the same team .
Well it certainly encourages the other teams to pick up their standard, and Nova and I have always teamed together. But I understand your statement.

Yeah the turnout for doubles was 8, and I assume around the same for singles. Which I was grateful for since we only ended up with one set up for each brawl and melee (thanks Jamage :p).

I hit him with an U-tilt on Brinstar (his stupid cp) and he somehow tech'd it off the floor, on 201%.
Cheat codes imo.
Must have been amazing SDI coupled with the curvature of the stage floor.

SethT

Smash Ace
Japes is much more manageable 1 versus 1, it's a great CP for Meta Knight as well, you should practice on it and use it.

I wish I got to play you in Melee Ace XD, it would be like master versus apprentice, remember all that advice I gave you?
Yeah, Japes would be an awesome CP for MK, never really considered using it.

Worst... midgame losing advice.... ever...
wave dash to the shield cancel in the middle of ... all I heard was blahblahshieldblah xD

Unfortunately thats how competitions work, when theres money on the line why not go with the best odds to win it? M2K and Ally, arguably the best two players in the USA team up for the 2v2 and win it every time.

Do bring him along, and honestly I think your MK is much better. You just need to read his tactics more, as they get rather predictable.
Yeah, i'll def bring him along when the next comp's on. Thanks, I'll think about it when I next play him.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yeah, Japes would be an awesome CP for MK, never really considered using it.

Worst... midgame losing advice.... ever...
wave dash to the shield cancel in the middle of ... all I heard was blahblahshieldblah xD

Yeah, i'll def bring him along when the next comp's on. Thanks, I'll think about it when I next play him.
Only choose Japes if Rainbow Ride is banned btw, that is easily his best stage.
My advice was good, you are just bad. :laugh: Just kidding, keep practicing, you'll get good.

Your Meta is so non-sensical to me, I can't work out why it doesn't work, you seem to do everything right as far as I can tell. I seem to find that hitting you isn't difficult, maybe shield more and space better?

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Thanks very much to Apollo for running it - and whoever the guy was who replaced him after. Thanks muchly to the guys who turned up on the day. I asked for 6 and i know that we had around 10 people involved at various points, so to our mid thats a success.

We'll be running it at our October 2nd: School Holiday Special event where anyone with a student ID will recieve half price entry, and i expect sega rally to make a comeback and some new stuff to boot.

if you have any further ideas or suggestions or anything you think we could implement for you please dont hesitate to ask.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Thanks very much to Apollo for running it - and whoever the guy was who replaced him after. Thanks muchly to the guys who turned up on the day. I asked for 6 and i know that we had around 10 people involved at various points, so to our mid thats a success.

We'll be running it at our October 2nd: School Holiday Special event where anyone with a student ID will recieve half price entry, and i expect sega rally to make a comeback and some new stuff to boot.

if you have any further ideas or suggestions or anything you think we could implement for you please dont hesitate to ask.
Gaganova took over after Apollo.

I can't come to that one on October 2nd cause I'll be at Robocop, but I have suggestions:
BlazBlue - Continuum Shift
Street Fighter 2
Half Life 2 - Deathmatch
Mario Kart DS/Wii

SethT

Smash Ace
Only choose Japes if Rainbow Ride is banned btw, that is easily his best stage.
My advice was good, you are just bad. :laugh: Just kidding, keep practicing, you'll get good.

Your Meta is so non-sensical to me, I can't work out why it doesn't work, you seem to do everything right as far as I can tell. I seem to find that hitting you isn't difficult, maybe shield more and space better?
*makes note to actually learn rainbow ride*
Oh I have no doubt that your advice was solid (even if it sounded like complete gibberish) and I do suck horribly at melee.

Melee isn't my style anyway, might as well just stick to what I know and chain grabbing with fox!

I've put a lot of thought into it and come up with an answer: Not enough experience. The only match up I vs'ed while learning was a wolf, and so molded my play style around that. For example against your Jigglypuff and your "horizontal air pound thing." Against a wolf I wouldn't have to worry about any attacks like that and so haven't learn't to properly counter it which is why you always hit me with it.

Once I start frequently coming to tournaments I hope to kill that "little habit." Just a small theory I came up with.

Also I have a **** concentration span.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom