• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

swordsaint

Smash Master
Snake is hard to play right Ant?

F-tilt > f-tilt > grab > down throw > grab > down throw > f-tilt > f-tilt > X9001 grenades > up tilt.

Win.

A S U R A

Smash Rookie
Teching isn't ultra hard but I still don't use it in ssbb and yes Snake is hard but is he much harder in a Texas Duel? I mean it is not like he is using F-tilt > F-tilt > grab > D-throw > etc etc.

Browny

Smash Hater
The hardest part is not accidentally fast falling so the c4 recovery misses. Since you are going to have to do it like, 15 times or more per stock its really infuriating to be perfect with your teching for 2 whole minutes only to accidentally fast fall lol

A S U R A

Smash Rookie
SAGAfest is on Saturday which is 2 days away WOW its coming fast.

Good luck to everyone and hopefully djb won't be around any of ant's matches because I wanna rematch with ant and when I verse him djb will probably start telling Ant some things that kill me and stuff like that

I WOULD OF WON THAT MATCH ANT BUT YOU HAVE DJBROWNEY AND DJBROWNEY IS LIKE A CHEAT TO MAKE THINGS EASY!!!!!

lol.

I LAG

Smash Lord

Browny

Smash Hater
-_-

Well I said I wouldnt get involved... that worked out well lol.

Anyway Eagle next lan is August 14th RETRO LAN, SMASH64/GOLDENEYE/MARIO KART 64/DIDDY KONG RACING TOURNEY :bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:

Eagle

Smash Lord
Is anyone going to Avcon tomorrow for the Brawl tournament? I could use a doubles partner. :D

Browny

Smash Hater
Tomorrow is the FFA thing.

I should be there for both days, word of warning though, i had my wisdom teeth pulled out yesterday so if I look a little weird as if ive gained weight in my face, thats why :/

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Next Lan is Retrolan 14/8/09

Smash 64
Perfect Dark
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Donkey Kong

and many more retro games.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I cant wait for Perfect Dark N64 remade in HD on Xbox live.
Same. It's one of the main reasons I own a 360. It's also my most anticipated game for this year (sad that my most wanted game is a re-release of a game from the start of the decade). Perfect Dark with updated frame rates (the original I'm horrible at now, I can't get used to the slowdown). Plus: online Perfect Dark = win. On so many levels.

A S U R A

Smash Rookie
Is anyone going to Avcon tomorrow for the Brawl tournament? I could use a doubles partner. :D
you were going and you didn't even tell me I would of came
what happened was there alot of people did u win what other tourneys were there????

oh and I can get any pkmn with max stat I got my porygon-z with 405 sp.att
metagross 405 att
and golem 394 def

cool don't u think?
if there is a tourney I probably would win HEHE isn't hacking cool?

Eagle

Smash Lord
I didn't tell you because I was going with my mates.

I'm not going with my mates and bringing my little brother.

And it was like $45, you wouldn't get that on short notice.

Ant1

Smash Ace
you were going and you didn't even tell me I would of came
what happened was there alot of people did u win what other tourneys were there????

oh and I can get any pkmn with max stat I got my porygon-z with 405 sp.att
metagross 405 att
and golem 394 def

cool don't u think?
if there is a tourney I probably would win HEHE isn't hacking cool?
Too bad Asura :chuckle: me and Eagle both got $100 vouchers for brawl doubles lol.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Adelaide seems to have alot of brothers that play smash together, you guys totally need a brother combo with the mario brothers, as a team it works quite well, I've come first with that combo.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Smash 64 Tournament rules

* Best of 3
* Double Elimination
* 4 stock
* Items are turned off
* Handicaps are off

1st round random stages out of :
Peach's Castle
Congo Jungle
Dream Land
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City

2nd and 3rd rounds loser counterpicks

* If Saffron City is selected on the first round and one of the players is using Ness, he or she may request a re-pick.

* However, if the Ness player wins the match, his/her opponent may counterpick Saffron City.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Thought u would have gone kirby as hes 2nd on the tier list between Pika and Ness.
Falcon, Fox and Mario ftw.
I'm thinking about Kirby, cause Ness is kinda weird for me in 64. And I never played much as Pika in 64 either, it's just cause I use him in Brawl. I dunno I guess I might use Kirby.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
StreetGeek 09.08
Retro-LAN

Start: 7pm Friday August 14th
Finish: 9pm Saturday August 15th
560 Goodwood Rd, Daw Park
http://www.streetgeek.com.au

Yup, the PC area at StreetGeek runs for a ridiculous 26 hours of awesomeness. Ever wish you could LAN better, for longer, and give your special someone a time to remember by bringing them to StreetGeek? Well, what are you waiting for!?
RETRO-LAN

This weekend is RETRO-LAN, which means we'll break out all of the olden golden classics. The PC tournaments feature only those games that are no less than 10 years old (from their first release). The console area is really where it's at, though, with consoles from SNES to C64 making a comeback.

This months' LAN features AllNeeds' WORLD FAMOUS door prize! It comes from the SINGLE MOST AWESOME COMPUTER STORE IN ADELAIDE! We wouldn't recommend them if they weren't the serious goodness.

Allneeds is AWESOME
Stand up and be counted! (also, free monies!)
Louise Cooper, an honours student at the Department of Psychology at Uni of Adelaide is coming down on Friday night to pick your brains! The aim of her research is to investigate how people conceptualise excessive video gaming in comparison to the recognised addiction of gambling. You are invited to participate in this study by completing a short survey and two "Q-sort" tasks. These involve rating to what extent you agree with a series of statements. In return for lending your brain cells for half an hour, Louise will reward you with $15 Myer voucher, and enter you into a draw for a $100 Myer voucher. What's more, an extra prize of a $50 voucher will be awarded to someone who filled out the survey at StreetGeek!
Network

I love this picture. Is it relevant? Debatable. Unless you like 100% gigabit network. Suddenly more relevant.

Bottle Drive

Our first bottle drive was 09.06, and we raised $106. Next one will be 09.10, and we'll have a new feature: DOOR-TO-DOOR SERVICE! If you have 4 or more cartons worth of redeemable cans or bottles, we'll come to you and pick them up! We're hoping for $250 this time, so start saving bottles!
Thanks to our Sponsors

Prizes at LANs are mainly supplied by our generous sponsors. Please thank them for their support when you use their services! They really appreciate hearing back from you.
Allneeds
AllNeeds, the most awesome computer store known to mankind, and a strong supporter of StreetGeek since the dawn of time. Allneeds is located at 350a King William St. AllNeeds strive to provide the best value computer parts in Adelaide, and have a stellar reputation for top-notch customer service.
The number one supplier in Adelaide of console modchips and repair services, SuperModChips have Wii chips (fully installed) from $80, NDS cartridges from around $50, and chips for just about every console around. What's more, SuperModChips will mod your console while you watch at a StreetGeek event! Just drop them an email to find out when they are next coming down to do mods.

Thermaltake
Air cooling, water cooling, and quality PC cases and PSUs, Thermaltake is where it's at!
Thermaltake products set a high standard for cooling performance and aesthetic design. The sheer number of Thermaltake cases that can be seen at StreetGeek is testament to the fact that Thermaltake ships a great product that is loved and trusted by Lanners worldwide!
Colonel Light Gardens Uniting Church
Our hosts, the Colonel Light Gardens Uniting Church! StreetGeek is an outreach activity of the Uniting Church, and while our events are 200% religion free, we'd like you to feel welcome to get involved in the wider church community.

Tickets

Tickets are $18 for allocated seating, or $9 for a social ticket, which includes most console gamers. Ladies pay half price. If you prefer, you can buy a supermembership, which gives you a ticket to every LAN for a period of 3, 6 or over 9000 months. Make sure you sign up to the website, and book a seat. A seat booking is required if you want to come in before 8pm, unless there are unbooked seats available. After 8, all bookings are void (except for Supermembers), and you can come with or without a booking. There is almost always a few spare seats, so don't worry if the tickets are booked out, you'll probably still get a seat!

Ant1

Smash Ace
Jamage i got snowboard kids so we need a comp.
Rules can be as follows.
Sinohbin is banned.
I believe the level 3 boards are the best, so everyone is advised to pick the level 3 boards.
Best of 3 levels? Top 2 or Top 1 go through, depends on numbers.
4 Players at a time.
Starting course is a level 1-2 (so everyone figures out how to play)
2nd course is a level 2-3 difficulty map. 3rd Course is a 4 star difficulty course.
Whoever comes last i guess can pick the stage. 1st stage pick is what everyone agrees on.
Points for coming each positions.
1st= 4
2nd=3
3rd= 2
4th= 1

That ok?

Eagle

Smash Lord
I was pretty awesome at Snowboard kids back in the day. Go Slash! :D

Bomberman too, the non-64 one though. :p

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Nice to have some offline matches with someone other than my brother.

Eagle, Apollo, Asura, Ruinz & W150, some great 1 v 1's. Sorry I had to rush off, again. The night time thing doesn't work too well with me. Eagle your Fox is nasty, as is your ZSS Apollo. W150, I think you got your revenge in Smash 64, with my amazing suicides and just general fail. :( ^_^

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
SG Lan 9.08 Smash 64 1v1

1: DJB - Kirby
2: Jamage - Cpt Falcon
3: W150 - Kirby
4: Ant - Kirby
5: Blue Bomber - Kirby
5: Rasberry - Yoshi
7: Whitey - Kirby
7: Chirpin - Kirby
9: Nova - Kirby
9: Eagle - Cpt Falcon
9: Apollo - Kirby
9: Asura - ???

I took out 4 kirbys on my way to te final only to get beaten by another damm Kirby.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Thanks Metanova. :-)

I hadn't played for a bit and I felt that your impression of my Fox at the beginning would be bad. >_<

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
SG Lan 9.08 Smash 64 1v1

1: DJB - Kirby
2: Jamage - Cpt Falcon
3: W150 - Kirby
4: Ant - Kirby
5: Blue Bomber - Kirby
5: Rasberry - Yoshi
7: Whitey - Kirby
7: Chirpin - Kirby
9: Nova - Kirby
9: Eagle - Cpt Falcon
9: Apollo - Kirby
9: Asura - ???

I took out 4 kirbys on my way to te final only to get beaten by another damm Kirby.
=D 5th.

Whitey used Pikachu and Luigi btw, not Kirby.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I also used Luigi for Smash 64. I never used Kirby. :p

Evident by my useless attempts at a sweet spot Up B which I had a habit of performing near the edge which was all awesome and stuff until I just went sailing straight off. Also, in the FFA 64 matches, that psycho CPU JigglyPuff had some sort of a major grudge with me. :(

Browny

Smash Hater
yay for bomberman 64 :)
If anyone cares we did run a tournament. got 8 people to play in the end which was cool.

not as much retro games played as I would have liked... 4 64's brought in yet pretty much everyone just stayed with the 360/wii the whole time :/ Didnt even get a chance to do texas duelist pro bah

Kirby is so broken in 64 haha. Ima practice my melee jiggs now a little more. neutral air is so good :bee:

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Had so much fun at that lan.

Im Bomberman all I did was pump up huge bombs and try to collect more firepower.

Next Lan we are doing a 4 player Wii Sports resort Canoeing comp. I can imagine the lols now

Smash 64 Finals vids:
1v1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y95Uoumoccg&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_b4qA0H4mM&feature=channel_page
FFA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmG_j27e3xY&feature=channel_page

Damm u broken Kirby.

For those that missed the streetgeek video viral comp showings
BEST VIDEO EVER MUST WATCH:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3eyhACb3ZE&feature=channel_page#movie_player

Top Bottom