• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Rock on Adelaide Lan Party

Rock on Adelaide Lan Party will be at the next Streetgeek in September promoting their event and maybe doing some comps.

They plan to do Smash Bros Brawl/Melee 1v1, 2v2 and FFA's at their events and its the same venue as Streetgeek so ill definatly be there. Its also on from 10 am - 10 pm so anyone that may have troubles with Streetgeeks overnight events should have no problem with the time.

http://www.rockonadelaide.com

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Since Jamage hasn't posted this here yet, and some of you don't go to the StreetGeek site...

Streetgeek 9.08 August 2009 Lan Report (RetroLan)

This LAN was RETRO-LAN, and it was a huge amount of fun. Well, I had fun, anyway. The console area was packed with retro gear, and the StreetGeek Viral 2009 was a huge highlight of the weekend.

Sponsors!

We'd like to thank our major sponsors, Allneeds Computers, providers of only the best value swag in the way of computer parts and peripherals. Also, of course the Colonel Light Gardens Uniting Church, for hosting StreetGeek.

Affiliates and Friends!

We'd also like to put in a special mention for our pals over at Reloaded, a 400+ (max capacity exceeds 1000) person LAN that Valhalla's crew is putting on with some assistance from other groups on the weekend of January 16th next year. Pitched as the ultimate video game and anime festival, Reloaded has year after year put on a great show. As part of mutual support and cooperation between StreetGeek and Reloaded, Reloaded are responsible for the awesome Alienware showbags that were at the door for FREE this LAN. If you missed out, there's a whole box left for next LAN, so get in and get some. And we all know, free swag is the best kind of swag there is! They also kindly gave us a number of awesome Call of Duty mugs, so they'll be going out to you punters as minor prizes over the next few LANs. StreetGeek is most pleased to be able to support Reloaded in this way, and we're absolutely sure that all of the StreetGeek attendees appreciate the free swag! If you'd like to know more, please direct your attention to this thread.

The next Valhalla is August 29th, a whole bunch of SG regulars attend Valhalla too, so you wont be alone.

Ignite is planning their next shindig on September 5th. You're looking forward to it, and so am I. A full commitment's what I'm thinking of, ... I'm going to shut up now.

Vortex LAN is a new group that's just kicked up in the Barossa. They've held one event so far, and the next one's October 31st.

Eureka LAN has planned their next event for September 12th.

Streetgeek Viral Video 2009
1st Place: My Definition of a Good LAN Party by Dr Frag
2nd Place: Read Between The Blocks by snax
3rd Place: StreetGeek Crotch Party by M

Pub Crawl T-Shirts
Refer to this thread

Bottle Drive
Our last bottle drive netted a paltry $106. The next one is in October, and this time we'll come to you on the Sunday after the LAN if you have a few full boxes waiting for us.

Free Monies
I got a $15 myer voucher for FREE this LAN. Did you?! A pair of enterprising psychology honours students sat down SG attendees this weekend to a 30 minute stint of brain-picking, rewarding each and every willing guinea pig with $15 to spend at Myer. What's better than $15 for free? Only $50 for free! tWoolie was lucky enough to earn himself a $50 Allneeds voucher. How did they know we like Allneeds so much? Maybe they read our website. Sneaky scum!

Charitober

All money collected from ticket sales, and an appropriate proportion of supermembership fees will be donated to a charity OF YOUR CHOICE at 09.10. Voting for the recipient charity will be held during organ practice (so about 2:00pm) on the Saturday of the LAN. We'll make the donation by direct deposit that same afternoon before the closing ceremony. It'll be awesome.

n00bvember

As per tradition, n00bs are free at n00bvember. However, we've been very close to capacity all year, so seats are limited. We've never turned a punter away, but please just be aware that this limitation exists!

LAN Calendar

Keep up to date on lans in your area. Check out lanparties.com.au.

Tournament results!

FrisbeeMark (irl)
1st: hattiel
2nd: rasberry
3rd: tobbygnome

PC Results
Tetris
1st: DrFrag
2nd: snax
3rd: Boinst
4th: Marchos

GTA 2
1st: Computer100101
2nd: bigreidy
3rd: narthollis
4th: ravenge

Warcraft III: TD
1st: bigreidy
2nd: Zzt
3rd: hallex
4th: ravenge

Total Annihilation
1st: narthollis
2nd: Gorilla
3rd: squid
4th: bigreidy

Scorched Earth
1st: ravenge
2nd: narthollis
3rd: snax
4th: Caddy

Counter Strike 1.6
1st: tobbygnome
2nd: Marchos
3rd: DrFrag
4th: rasberry

LieroX
1st: Random5
2nd: DrFrag
3rd: ravenge
4th: Marchos

Overall PC Winners
1st: DrFrag 22
2nd: narthollis 22
3rd: ravenge 21
4th: bigreidy 20
5th: tobbygnome 15
6th: Marchos 13
7th: snax 12
8th: rasberry 10
9th: Computer100101 10
10th: hattiel 10

Console Results
Super Smash Bros 64 FFA
1st: Blue Bomber - Kirby
2nd: Rasberry - Yoshi
3rd: Apollo - Kirby
4th: W150 - Kirby
5th: Nova - Luigi
5th: Ant - Kirby
7th: Jamage - Cpt Falcon
7th: DJB - Kirby

Grand Finals Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmG_j27e3xY&feature=channel_page

Super Smash Bros 64 1v1
1: DJBrowny - Kirby
2: Jamage - Cpt Falcon
3: W150 - Kirby
4: Ant - Kirby
5: Blue Bomber - Kirby
5: Rasberry - Yoshi
7: Whitey - Pikachu/Luigi
7: Chirpin - Kirby
9: Nova - Luigi
9: Eagle - Cpt Falcon

Grand Finals pt 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y95Uoumoccg&feature=channel_page
Grand Finals Pt 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_b4qA0H4mM&feature=channel_page

Bomberman 64
1st: DJBrowny
2nd: Whitey
3rd: Ant
4th:Blue Bomber

More Photos from the event can be found here: http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj54/Jamage007/SG Lan August 09/

Thanks again to those who attended, the admins, people who helped and our sponsors for making yet another great Lan.

Next Lan: September 18th & 19th

7:00pm: Lan Starts

9:00pm: Super Smash Bros Brawl FFA

10:00pm: Super Smash Bros Brawl 1v1

TBA: Gran Turismo 5: Prologue Time Trials

11:30pm: Halo 3 FFA (360)

12:00am: Midnight Snack

1:00am: Gears of War 2 (360)

6:00am: Cold Breakfast

8:00am: Warm Breakfast

11:00: Smash Bros Brawl+ (more info: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213744)

12 or 1pm: Lunch

TBA: Wii Sports Resort Canoeing 4player

TBA: Street Fighter 4 (360/PS3)

TBA: Guitar Hero (360)

5:00pm: Frisbeemark

6:00pm: Dinner

7:00pm: Closing Ceremony

9:00pm: Finish/Packup

Ultimate Consoler
Awarded to the person with the overall highest points from all the console tournaments. This usually has a bigger prize
than each individual comp and since you get points just for entering a comp the more comps you enter the better.
Points system:
1st: 100
2nd: 90
3rd: 80
4th: 70
5th: 60
6th: 50
7th: 45
8th: 40
9th: 35
10th: 30
Participation: 20

Community games
Get 8 willing participants for a game that we arnt already doing and we will run a tournament for it and even supply a prize.

Tournaments and times may be subject to change

Possible other tournies:
COD 4/WAW (360/PS3)
Super Smash Bros Melee (GCN)
Super Smash Bros (N64)
Soul Calibur 4 (360/PS3)
Wii Sports Resort (Wii)
Warioware Smooth Moves (Wii)
Resident Evil 5 (360/PS3)
Halo Wars (360)
DDR (any)
Forza 2 (360)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

OR
Vote for one of these or make a suggestion and see if others are interested aswell.

http://www.streetgeek.com.au

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Hey no stealing my report :p Na its cool I was just waiting for the official Streetgeek pics to link to.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Luckily Smiteus (best gh pkayer in s.a.) came to this one and got me my achievement. After many months i finally got the complete fire and flames on expert achievement.
Be4 i left to go to the lan, i said 'i bet chris and smiteus will turn up and i wont bring my 360" lol and whadd'ya know.

Thankfully there is a recover gamertag option thing which i didnt know about at the time, so it all turned out well. Lol i saw smiteus looking at my achievements and saw 1000 note streak and going, hmm ill get this one. But he hadn't slept in i don't know how long so he couldn't do it :( Lol @ how the gammed bugged and i got the achievement for 100% 20 songs on expert.

Ant1

Smash Ace
uh no sorry. This is what happened.
He tries TTFAF and fails on the intro.
He then tries it again and fails near the end of the solo. When he failed this time it said i got the achievement for gold starring 20 songs on expert..

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Hey, whatever happened to the idea of a Smash meet?

I know someone (djb or ant I think) was throwing around the idea a while back. Me and Apollo are probably gonna meet up in the next week or so. I don't mind traveling since Salisbury is a hellhole, so yeah. ^_^

Browny

Smash Hater
HELLO YES

be sure to let everyone else know if you plan on doing something. Chances of me being able to host someting vary each week.

Browny

Smash Hater
:<

Well if anyone wants to meet or anything I can probably do something this weekend...

The adelaide uni games thing is still going on. maybe 1 day before I leave this uni for good someone will come to play smash with me lol. For anyone who doesnt know, friday nights 4-8pm adelaide uni games club has like 5 TV's and anyone can come (yes even people in school) for free :)

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I didn't respond because nobody else responded. I'm probably gonna have some offline smash with Apollo next week. You live in Modbury right djb? I'll see if I can talk him into going. Just seems pointless to have a meet with 2 or 3 people, but I think that's all that's gonna happen. I'm also trying to talk him into coming to Rocky, I think he's half way there. >_>

ant should also come if you do. :mad:

COME ON ADELAIDE. :( </roar>

Edit: *Sigh* I give up.

Browny

Smash Hater
hurrrrrrrrrr

How do you think we deal with getting to SG every month then lol :p

Im willing to travel any reasonable distance for a smash meet Jamie :) Im rarely busy on weekends or friday nights lol (fail life). I got my DS + Advance wars, so long bus trips arent an issue for me.

swordsaint

Smash Master
anything up to 3 hours travel should be a non-issue for meets and tournies alike

some of us in sydney have to travel 5 hours to get to the hunter region

Browny

Smash Hater
I travelled by bus back from melbourne...
8 hours by myself
through the night
with no sleep
and i couldnt play my DS coz it was so bright people near me couldnt sleep (even on the dimmest setting)

:/ realllllllllly dont wanna do that again lol

Edit: *Sigh* I give up.
Huh?
What's this about? I dont get it...

Browny

Smash Hater
Pfft its obvious what he wants, an expression of interest... Except I was the one asking for it in the first place, im the one hosting youre meant to ask me for details, I shouldnt have to chase people to see if they want to come... im not going to organise to host anything before anyone expresses any interest in coming lol.

nova you have my msn if u wanted a response why not ask over that?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
*Rolls eyes* What?

It was referring to other interest excluding us (which as I already stated was pointless without anyone else attending), not someone who had, as you said, already expressed it.

The "I give up" was directed at the inactivity of SA smash outside of you.

Browny

Smash Hater
Oh sorry... :( Well in case you arent aware, the other smash players here dont exactly have the means to travel. Ive asked many times lol.

People should use the buses more, adelaide metro is pretty good >_>

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I travelled by bus back from melbourne...
8 hours by myself
through the night
with no sleep
and i couldnt play my DS coz it was so bright people near me couldnt sleep (even on the dimmest setting)

:/ realllllllllly dont wanna do that again lol
Awww, tell me when's the next good time to go to Adelaide and I'll go just for the hell of it.

Browny

Smash Hater
ummm, idk lol i think most adelaide events will be the same for the rest of this year. Ill be sure to try and get melee prac in the meantime though :) Jiggs is too good

Eagle

Smash Lord
I saw Jamie at the Royal Adelaide Show. :-)

.. I have no means of transportation, except buses but well... I'm not that dedicated.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Cao I hope your not forgetting Reloaded 5 (16&17/1/10) but between now and then its just Streetgeek every month.

Why does wifi have to blow so hard :( ffs 360 online gaming is awesome. I have a few people that play Live and Brawl so i can chat while playing but there is still lag even with people from the same city with a good connection.

I worked at the Royal Show 7 days and saw heaps of people but I think Eagle was the only one from here.

Browny

Smash Hater
worked... at the show?

goddam, i want a job like that :p meh not as if I actually could given uni work lol. where abouts did u work?

wifi isnt THAT laggy such that it 'blows hard' although I have noticed a slight increase in lag at all times of the day over the last few weeks >_>

Nova

Banned via Warnings
It's tomorrow!? :-(

>_< I thought it was next week for some reason. Urgh. If I attend, I'll have to leave very early (like 11). So I hope if there is a tourney it'll end quickly or I get eliminated straight away or something. I don't want to leave during another one. I think if I enter it I'll just pick random every match. That should get me out quick smart and still be fun (especially if it keeps giving me Ness like last time). ^_^

Ant1

Smash Ace
Yes finally i can play insane guitar hero customs at the lan. Lol can't wait to see people's reactions when they see the **** i've got.

Pity i have to play them on frets on fire.. bleh. At least the rockband skin for the game looks like the real thing.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Lolz, you and that Guitar Hero ant. I think I heard you say somewhere that you had Malicious Fingers? I'm assuming this is the one from the Sonic 3 & Knuckles Album remake thing, if so, that's awesome (I've never played a Guitar Hero before, but the song is awesome). >_>

Also, I'm leaving for Melbourne on Saturday afternoon now, so I won't need to leave super early for the event anymore. Seeyas all there.

Browny

Smash Hater
Jamie let me run pools :)

ill figure it out quick enough lol. randomly generated brackets ftl

also brawl is boring. moar texas duelist pro / cage matches / all ganon FFA's imo

Ant1

Smash Ace
yes nova i do have malicious fingers.
I could have a lot more sonic songs like live and learn but alas savefile.com has been down for like a month. It's getting kind of annoying as it was meant to be up today :(

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
guitar hero is all good, but if you really wanna prove you have fingers of fire ant, beat me in stepmania...

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I'm gonna be seeing Aura Spheres in my dreams. ^_^

Good games everyone I played against. Congratulations djb, your Lucario is a nightmare. :'(

Eagle

Smash Lord
LAN was fun. :-)

I finally found my copy of Brawl that my brothers lost, plus I got my wireless router up and running so I can play Wifi. :-D

Awaiting challengers.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Top Bottom