• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Ant1

Smash Ace
I just realised something. Whenever we finish off a brawl tourny we never do shoutouts or anything. Even for reloaded. We just say bye, to the other players and thats it lol.
Having a lack of above average players isn't the reason, consider other states they only have 2-4 above average players, the other are just meh.
Perhaps its because the people who come in the last positions don't even play brawl at all lol.

Sure we don't have venues solely dedicated to brawl (which is a good thing, having just brawl is lame) Maybe because our 'smash scene' has only like 6 members that use this site. Not enough people interested in the game...
Maybe at this sagafest we will do shoutouts. Currently our only form of shoutouts involve me johning about losing to eagle.

Anyway...
A.C.T calls itself 'home of the mario pros'
I proclaim S.A. is now 'home of the multiple character pros'

Browny

Smash Hater
shoutouts are cool if you met tons of new people. if its the same people u see every month its like... pointless lol. especially when i have most of them on msn :p dont forget other states are like 'go to tourney, register, play, have about 10 friendlies, go home'. Here we have hours upon hours to do w/e after the actual tournament.

Eagle

Smash Lord
What do you mean shoutout? Like.. "Goodbye 'Player'!"? :p

Unfortunately since I've started playing tennis I'm not able to stay over night because I always have Winter matches on Saturday mornings so I leave pretty much after the Brawl singles tournament.

Browny

Smash Hater
Seems fair enough

when i look at other states results its pretty much 1 character the whole way for most if not all of the top8, SA always has the majority going 2/3+ chars :)

Btw im serious if people wanna do a smashmeet or something... lets try organise something this weekend before SG. Sunday for me is good... as i said before, lets get people saying what they actually have re: tv's to help figure out where we could do it. also if anyone has a texture hack wii that would be awesome :D:D:D

swordsaint

Smash Master
Meets are meant to be held at someones house. >__<

Yes, let me live with you guys if you become the state known as "home of multiple character pros", because I totally dig that.

Browny

Smash Hater
thats what i meant scott lol

some people (like me) have a lot of TV's in their house, so no one has to bring any. It would make things a lot easier.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889

Ant1

Smash Ace
I just find it hilarious that the PS3 has lost another exclusive now with MGS going to the 360.
Final fantasy and now MGS. Lol PS3 fanboys must be going crazy.

But back on topic.
Team names for people. Fantastically Awesome Game(ganon/g&w, other possibilites) Squad.
I.e. F.A.G.S
Who wants it? I spent a whole 2 minutes of my life thinking of that.

Browny

Smash Hater
NO DEAL

If not enough people respond re: smash meets by tomorrow afternoon i might just send out some PM's. Id really like to try for one this weekend (Sunday). Like i said, my house could work, ive got 2 tv's we can use for brawl, and the massive plasma for GH or any 360 games if people wanna play that in the meantime :p

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
I just find it hilarious that the PS3 has lost another exclusive now with MGS going to the 360.
Final fantasy and now MGS. Lol PS3 fanboys must be going crazy.

But back on topic.
Team names for people. Fantastically Awesome Game(ganon/g&w, other possibilites) Squad.
I.e. F.A.G.S
Who wants it? I spent a whole 2 minutes of my life thinking of that.
You stole our Gears name D:

F.A.G.S. = F***ing Awesome Gears Squad = Chirpin, Whitey, Dutch, me.

or

F.A.C.T.S. = F***ing Awesome Cole Train Squad - And we all play as Cole.

Anyways, Nintendo conference was awesome. New Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Conduit, Dead Space Wii, Golden Sun 3, Super Mario Bros Wii, etc.

A S U R A

Smash Rookie
lol Issac is cool and HE'S MY BOY BABIES NAME NOT YOURS!!!!

btw I am CMF just cmf (CaptainMetaFox) was only to see what it looked like on smashboards and what people thought of it but now this is my real username A S U R A because ragnarok which chris like to play and one of the magic attacks is ASURA strike but asura is short anyway eagle it is feelRO A S U R A out

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
lol Issac is cool and HE'S MY BOY BABIES NAME NOT YOURS!!!!

btw I am CMF just cmf (CaptainMetaFox) was only to see what it looked like on smashboards and what people thought of it but now this is my real username A S U R A because ragnarok which chris like to play and one of the magic attacks is ASURA strike but asura is short anyway eagle it is feelRO A S U R A out
So this is your 3rd account now?

>_>

A S U R A

Smash Rookie
So this is your 3rd account now?

>_>
well if u count the one's that I was to young to post on such as Lucario_Fan lolz but one's that can post are pokemon_legend,CaptainMetaFox and A S U R A but xXSoulStrikeXx is my xbox name (Soul Strike is another ragnarok skill)

Back to what all u guys were saying I haven't played golden sun on GBA I think it was on but eagle told me it was good so maybe I could download Golden sun 3 onto my chip thing called EDGE so i'll probably play Golden Sun 3

next lan next week right? well hopefully Ant, DJB, W150, ash & kerri and Aisuka can come to the lan becoz last lan was soooooo booring like there was only 13 people in the ssbb 1v1 plus Blue bomber and Jamage won the the ssbb 2v2 it is mostly Ant and DJB and once DJB and W150 but haven't seen Jamage and ??? win a ssbb 2v2 not saying u haven't ever won the ssbb 2v2 nether have I with ??? and not saying ur bad or anything like that BACK TO SUBJECT come to next lan all the people that I said make the lan fun

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
next lan next week right? well hopefully Ant, DJB, W150, ash & kerri and Aisuka can come to the lan becoz last lan was soooooo booring like there was only 13 people in the ssbb 1v1 plus Blue bomber and Jamage won the the ssbb 2v2 it is mostly Ant and DJB and once DJB and W150 but haven't seen Jamage and ??? win a ssbb 2v2 not saying u haven't ever won the ssbb 2v2 nether have I with ??? and not saying ur bad or anything like that BACK TO SUBJECT come to next lan all the people that I said make the lan fun
Actually I'm pretty sure Jamage won most of the 2vs2 tourneys before DJB came along, lol.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
If you change your name 1 more time im gonna pretend u dont exist as its easier than trying to keep up on who the hell u are. Or we will all give u our own name and u wont like it.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Can we change the title of this thread? It is so bland. I'm thinking along the line of
South Australia presents: Get yo *** whooped! (Falco ain't coming(subject to change))

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Social Gaming in Australia
Social Gaming involves people getting together in person to enjoy PC and console games. A recent study by the Interactive Entertainment Association of Australia reported that nearly 30% of the population of Australia participates in Social Gaming on occasion. The Australian gaming industry generated 1.7 billion dollars in 2007, and is currently growing at a rate of more than 15% per annum. Australia wide, Social Gamers are largely catered for by non-for-profit volunteer organisations running LAN Parties and gaming festivals on a regular basis. In South Australia alone, around 6 events are held every month.

SAGAFest – July 11th, 2009

On July 11th and 12th 2009, the Gamers' Alliance is holding the South Australian Gaming Festival (SAGAFest), one of the largest Social Gaming events ever seen in Australia, welcoming up to 480 attendees. The event brings together volunteers from StreetGeek, IgniteLAN, AVCON, CS.Club(), WiLANga, PHLANX, Zeal and EVAC to participate in this joint spectacular.
SAGAFest is a recurring Gaming Festival, projected to be held semi-annually. Promotional material for the event will reach up to 480 attendees on the day, and a further 1000 individuals at related events. Through electronic media, the SAGAFest message will reach a further 2000 individuals across South Australia. Print and radio media coverage of the event is also expected.
The demographic of SAGAFest attendees is projected to centre around a 15-30 year old age group, with gender balance expected to be around 75% male and 25% female. SAGAFest ‘09 focuses on community and friendly, social gaming activities, omitting high-stakes competitive games. The line-up brings together a huge variety of gaming-related activities, attempting to expose attendees to an exciting sampling of the gaming world.
The event offers a fully gigabit PC network with tightly regulated internet access. A console section exists with a number of consoles and games provided.

The Gamers’ Alliance
The Gamers Alliance is a coalition of gaming-related groups from all over South Australia who have come together to create and run a large event for the Social Gaming community. The objective of the event is to raise the profile of the Social Gaming industry, and attract a wider demographic to enjoy Social Gaming.

Tickets
SAGAFest tickets come in two types: Allocated Seating and Social. Allocated Seating tickets are suitable for PC gamers, and for console gamers who are bringing a console for their own exclusive use. Attendees who are playing only on shared consoles, or who are bringing a console for shared use, purchase a Social ticket. Ladies pay half price for all ticket types.

Allocated Seating: $25 Male, $12.50 Female
Social: $15 Male, $7.50 Female

These prices apply up until midnight on the night of Friday July 3rd (one week before the event), after which ticket prices will increase by $5 ($2.50 for females). Please ensure that you use your correct name and address when purchasing tickets, as valid photo ID will be required to verify your identity on the day!

On the day
When doors open in the morning of Saturday July 11th, attendees will present their ID at the door to gain admission. Sponsors’ stalls will already be in place, and the opening ceremony will commence one hour after the doors open, followed immediately by the first PC and Console tournaments.
The day is punctuated by VIP matches of Warhammer and DnD, as well as tech talks given by game design companies and gaming societies. Scheduled games continue throughout the Saturday night.
Sunday sees the “In Real Life” (IRL) games series begin, featuring the famous home-grown game Frizbeemark.
Towards the end of the Sunday afternoon, the closing ceremony will be held, with presentations for major prize winners, and awarding of the door prizes from title sponsors, including Allneeds Computers.
Sunday evening, the SAGAFest experience comes to a close, and tired and weary gamers, satisfied by an action-packed weekend, pack up their rigs and make their way home.

Tournament Details
The preliminary line-up for games include:

PC
• Team Fortress 2
• Left4Dead
• CounterStrike Source
• Warcraft III Tower Defence
• Unreal Tournament III
• Warsow
• Teeworlds
• Quake III Corkscrew
• Call of Duty 4 Promod Double Elimination 5v5
• Race Driver GRID Free For All
• Track Mania Nations

Console
Playstation 3
• Grand Turismo 5 Hotlap
• Street Fighter 4 1v1 Double Elimination
• Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection 1v1 Double Elimination

Nintendo Wii
• Super Smash Brothers Brawl 1v1 Double Elimination
• Super Smash Brothers Brawl 2v2 Triple Elimination
• Mario Kart Wii 4-way Knockout
• Wii Tennis 2v2 Knockout

Xbox 360
• Gear of War 2 4v4 Double Elimination
• Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock 1v1 Double Elimination
• Halo 3 4v4 Round Robin

Visit the SAGAFest website for more details:
www.gamersalliance.net.au

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
1v1 Results from 9.06 12/6/09 (22 Entrants)
1st: DJ Browny - Sonic/Snake
2nd: Ant - Ganondorf
3rd: Eagle - Fox/DK
4th: Asura - G&W
5th: W150 - Olimar/Kirby
5th: Apollo - ZSS
7th: 2SXC Dave - Marth/Pikachu
7th: Jamage - Wolf/Rob/MK
9th: Woodstar - Kirby
9th: Techa - Snake

Last edited:
Top Bottom