• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Browny

Smash Hater
you guys all suck

I can get about 15 hit per second (I measured it lol) with my method of button mushing, but I must find a way to actually perform this on a console controller. No way anyone can beat that :)

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
As i have noticed all other states call their smash tournaments these strange names, i think it's time we called our tournaments wierd names also.
Also have strange names for our doubles teams.

I am very good at making up ******** absurd things so i will have though up team names for everyone and what to call the brawl comp by june 12. Even if u don't want a wierd team name, u'll get it anyway!
If they decided to use poke balls in tourneys and use the 75m stage does that mean we have to aswell? Hell NO
A name might be good but not too silly.
Come up with our own ideas rather than copy the other states.
I started funny names for the doubles teams and people seem to like that.

CaptainMetaFox

Smash Rookie
you guys all suck

I can get about 15 hit per second (I measured it lol) with my method of button mushing, but I must find a way to actually perform this on a console controller. No way anyone can beat that :)
Yeah but have you seen chris in mashing buttons if you play mario party DS in this train thing you must mash buttons to get away from a train or get the people while in the train he mashes the buttons like he plays GH3 lolz

David.s

Smash Rookie
you guys all suck

well I agree with CMF that chris is really good or GODLY!!!!!!!!!! lawl oh and he can do stricion how do you spell it?

Ant1

Smash Ace
Thought i'd post this here also.
Ok seeming as Chris gets to SG sort of later then everyone else there are two ways i can structure a tournament for GHIII.
1: Same as brawl tournaments and every other tournament for that matter. Standard.
2: Have Chris at the top of the tournament pyramid off to the side. Everyone plays and whoever comes first out of everyone, faces chris. It basically is a tournament for 2nd place but thats the same with brawl when ur facing M2K.
I only thought of this way as he usually comes a bit later, and so he wouldn't miss out.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Later? We're usually there at 7. We're usually there before you what are you on about. :p

Nova

Banned via Warnings
If I go to the July one, I'm teaming with scott.

I've still yet to go to another and use only Zelda/Sheik and follow Apollo with his ZSS dedication; I expect to last about 4 matches (4 losses, 2 sets). I'll probably end up resorting to Olimar or G&W anyway. :p

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
It seems very likely I'll be able to make a July appearance to a StreetGeek. <3

Or is that Sagafest? <_<
Yeah in July its Sagafest which will be bigger and better than Streetgeek (coz it includes Streetgeek with a buch of other lans/organisations) but its only once a year.

Everyone who possibly can should come to that as its gonna be insane.

Ant1

Smash Ace
If I go to the July one, I'm teaming with scott.

I've still yet to go to another and use only Zelda/Sheik and follow Apollo with his ZSS dedication; I expect to last about 4 matches (4 losses, 2 sets). I'll probably end up resorting to Olimar or G&W anyway. :p
It's hard staying as one character the whole way, it's also fairly boring.
I'm going all pink captain falcon so it won't be boring for me.
I hope i don't face u, as falcon v zelda is impossible to win. **** falcon and his non existent priority!
The highest placing i hope i can achieve is a 3rd. After i hopefully get that, im thinking of calling this next tournament
Streetgeek 9.06 - a.k.a. Wtf!? how did falcon get 3rd?
I've got so many combo's that i've devised, that u'll be blown out of the water, im talking to u Desert Eagle. Prepare for knee's to ur face!

edit- olimar and g&W? lol if i beat those with falcon that would be amazing he equally has no chance vs them.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Least I won't be put against your Snake as I hate that thing. :'(

Nah, I'm probably going to go Sheik/Zelda the whole thing; I expect to do terribly though based on my past performance with Zelda where I basically lost every match I used her in, then had to use Olimar or Wolf to get a win. >_>

swordsaint

Smash Master
No argument there.

We need times for Sagafest's Brawl tournaments sometime soon. It'd really help for organising stuff. I know it's still very soon, but it doesn't hurt to get things organised early. ^_^

I plan to take first. =D

Nova

Banned via Warnings
<i>I see the peeps in Adelaide still can't take a joke. ^_^</i>

Wait, you're saying the very idea of you coming first is a joke? Since, that was your "joke", right? You should have more confidence in yourself. :p

But, don't underestimate Adelaide scott. :mad:;)

Browny

Smash Hater
Oy

lets do smash meets etc

I got 1 big TV, a massive plasma (which is useless for brawl due to lag) and 1 small TV.
What do others have... not for immediate use or anything, just in case we ever do have a meet, having it at someones house who has multiple decent-sized TV's is good :)

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I would love to do smash meets, my house is no good as im moving out soon.

360 has RROD :( hopefully will be back by the June Lan.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
lol @ me using italic tags and not noticing they don't work.

I wouldn't mind smash meets, but I live in Salisbury (an absolute hole), so no. Not here. >_>

Ant1

Smash Ace
I would love to do smash meets, my house is no good as im moving out soon.

360 has RROD :( hopefully will be back by the June Lan.
It's not the full blown RROD is it?
IIRC u can fix it by putting warm towels on it, or putting towels on it then ironing it. There's a lot of methods to fix it.
If u get RROD and it's unfixable do u lose ur achievements? or are they linked to ur hotmail/msn profile?

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
It's not the full blown RROD is it?
IIRC u can fix it by putting warm towels on it, or putting towels on it then ironing it. There's a lot of methods to fix it.
If u get RROD and it's unfixable do u lose ur achievements? or are they linked to ur hotmail/msn profile?
I'm pretty sure if you got a new 360 and recovered your profile off Xbox LIVE you would still have all your achievements.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yea just get a new console and recover off live, you'll have all your acheivements from the last time you logged on to live, but you lose savefiles for most games.

OR you can just be smart and do what I did and take the hard-drive off your rrod xbox and go but a cheap arcade one which doesnt come with a hard-drive or component cables, but you should have both of those from your rrod xbox.

win.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Oh, I thought most people were in the southern suburbs. I have a few friends in Golden Grove, so the Modbury area is awesome. :p

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I'm pretty sure if you got a new 360 and recovered your profile off Xbox LIVE you would still have all your achievements.
It IS full blown RROD and mine is the halo 3 special edition with the same chip as an elite and so its alot less likely to rrod. I have already sent it in for a new disc drive almost exactly 1 year ago (I was without my 360 for the June lan last year) and they put a new better one in.

Ive already contacted them and its off for repairs 2moro.
They ask you to remove everything (game, HD, faceplate) and send only the bare console itself so everthing on my HD is staying safe with me and my profile is also safe.

Be back on Live in no time :). In the meantime i guess ill be playing more brawl online.

Browny

Smash Hater
lol the notion of jamie not being on xbox live... wait, I... This isnt possible

Hit my up on msn if you ever want a brawl online I can play pretty much anytime :>

Ant1

Smash Ace
It's so wierd, when i play against someone in Guitar Hero, i can increase my best score by abotyt 50-100,000.
I tested it today. I played impulse on expert vs this guy on live, i got around 185k. Just before i played it solo and only got 123k.

After i got the 185, i played impulse again by myself, and could barely pass the intro. It's like i learn how to play the song while playing it, but this only works if im vrsing someone else.

Ant1

Smash Ace
What do u guys think of these titles?-
Streetgeek 9.06 - A.k.a Desert Eagle only won vs me last time because i was hepped up on goofballs
Streetgeek 9.06 presents the best brawlers in Australia. There i said it.
Streetgeek 9.06 presents Happy feet!,Wombo combo! that aint falco. WHERE U AT!?

lol
edit- **** double post

Eagle

Smash Lord
Again Ant, What about the time before that when you weren't high on goofballs, you know when I knocked you into the losers brackets? Why can't you explain that? Don't give me that Wolf died early, it was my mindgames.

Ant1

Smash Ace
When wolf gets knocked off stage, for some reason the controller flies out of ur hands and it ends it wolf dying! Someone once said :Wolf's recovery only recovery option is dying.
I was hepped up on goofballs the whole time! Lol i only had my 4 wisdom teeth extracted the day be4. I was just lucky that it didnt affect me that much.

The pain induced by that type of operation would've bedridden any normal man, im the only guy in the world with the strength to bear it!
only a true dbz fan will know who im referencing.

Streetgeek 9.06 - Soothsayer by Buckethead is > brawl

Ant1

Smash Ace
lulz hercules, it's hercule!
Wow didn't expect someone to get that. I have the cell games saga remastered dvd, so thats why i put that out there.

what if i said... strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else, is a delusion for the weak.
Who says it is obvious but when does he say it?

Top Bottom