• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
SG 9.11 Smash ResultsResults

1v1
1st: Jamage - ROB, Wolf, Peach, Mario
2nd: Shadowman - Zelda, TLink
3rd: Rasberry - Diddy
4th: Bushido Anime - Ike
5th: Squid - Pikachu
6th: Scott Rowland - Pikachu
7th: Micolous - Metaknight
8th: Chris G - Sonic

FFA
1st: Jamage - ROB
2nd: Shadowman - Zelda
3rd: Squid - Pikachu
4th: Bushido Anime - Ike
5th: Scott Rowland - Pikachu
6th: Rasberry - Diddy
7th: JTZ100 - Samus
8th: Micolous - Metaknight

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I'm actually a little surprised at those numbers. I thought you'd have like 2 people in it with everyone pulling out and such. Although I guess this is one of the pros of having smash held with a bunch of other games.

Congrats on winning Jamage. ^_^

Nova

Banned via Warnings
We need to hype the next event if Shaya is still coming to it.

Also:

Sunday Dry. Sunny. Min 20 Max 35
Monday Dry. Sunny. Min 21 Max 35
Tuesday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 21 Max 37
Wednesday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 22 Max 37
Thursday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 22 Max 37
Friday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 20 Max 36

This is pretty mean for November. Wonder what summer will be like. ^_^

Browny

Smash Hater
UGHHHHHHHHH
And to think those QLD guys have the nerve to say 'you dont know what heat is like' (on another forum)
lololol

Surely it cant be worse than last summer though... surely :/

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yeah last summer was meugh.

QLD have the whole tropical humidity going on for them though, so a 30 for us is like a 26 for them. When I'm in Puerto Rico (which has the same sort of humidity as Cairns) it takes me like 2 days to adjust to it. Adelaide is the most persistent capital city in the Australia for heat waves like this though. Even though Melbourne technically holds the record of highest recorded maximum (set last summer, Black Saturday), Adelaide's averages are higher and maintains this heat for much longer periods. And our **** nights do not cool down sometimes. Mins of 33 are demon spew.

On topic: Brawl.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I hate Summer. Since my room is seperated from the house and in the sun all day with no air conditioning, it's like +5 hotter in my room than outside. On days where it's like 45 degrees outside, when I'm in my room I feel like I'm going to die D:

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Brick House with ducted air con :pimp:

Upcoming Adelaide Smash Events
Streetgeek Dec 4th - www.streetgeek.com.au

ROA
Rock On Adelaide is back again for another epic lan. This time it will be a christmas holidays lan event, on the 19th of December, from 10am-10pm. We are at the same place as usual, Colonel Light Gardens Uniting Church, 560 Goodwood Road, Daw Park.
BYO PC people pay $15, consolers/social pay $10.
Want to win something?
A decent prize will be given to whoever gets more people to the lan. When the people you invited attend, they'll be asked who referred them, and it will be recorded. Person with most referrals will be given a decent prize, worth at least $20.
Keep your eyes peeled on our facebook group and event, and twitter , twitter.com/rockonadelaide
Also, we now have new better forums, sign up, post away! http://rockonadelaide.proboards.com/index.cgi

Reloaded
Start - 10am, Saturday, Jan 16th
Finish - 7pm, Sunday, Jan 17th
Location - St Clair Recreation Centre Woodville, South Australia.
http://www.reloadedlan.org/index.php

Nova

Banned via Warnings
My room is located right next to the carport (under the **** roof) and a fence. It gets very hot and I whine a lot when it does.

Brick House with ducted air con :pimp:
ROA
Rock On Adelaide is back again for another epic lan. This time it will be a christmas holidays lan event, on the 19th of December, from 10am-10pm. We are at the same place as usual, Colonel Light Gardens Uniting Church, 560 Goodwood Road, Daw Park.
BYO PC people pay $15, consolers/social pay $10.
http://rockonadelaide.proboards.com/index.cgi
Yayz. I'm definitely gonna come to this one. *Writes down somewhere so I don't forget this time*

Nova

Banned via Warnings
ffs SA, you ****s... WELCOME THE GUY (if you haven't already, or one of you referred him >_>)!

Welcome Jamobi1! Sincerely hope you can come to the next event dude. We need more people. ^_^

Browny

Smash Hater
I've been trying to figure out if I knew him previously from another event/lan but I guess not.

Hi Jamobi1 :) Did u go to reloaded this year or Avcon? Im just wondering how you found out about SG/this forum thats all lol

---

so THATS where i saw jamobi from lol

Ant1

Smash Ace
sry i generally only look at forte's family fun festival section of this forum.

I believe Jamobi is Jamage's friend. I have seen him playing with jamie over xbox live a lot of times.
So anyway, hey, hopefully ur as good as jamie at halo. We need moar competition.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I believe Jamobi is Jamage's friend. I have seen him playing with jamie over xbox live a lot of times.
So anyway, hey, hopefully ur as good as jamie at halo. We need moar competition.
Yeah he's my mate and he's quite good at Halo (not as good as me though) but he sucks at smash. He hasnt been to a Lan since Solan/LPC ill try and get him to come to the next event and he should be at Reloaded.

Browny

Smash Hater
Hmmm I need a new game to get into. brawl is bad. you know its a problem when the amount of time you spend on forums/irc/thinking about a game far exceeds the time you actually spend playing it. Need something to make use of this powerful PC I have... Why must battlefield BC2 be so far away ughhhhhh. So yeah im not sure if I'll feel like coming to every SG lan in future, certainly not just for brawl.

Are you guys into any new PC games, or do you know any recent ones which are really good? This dragon age: origins looks pretty nice, pity only single player though. Just need something to tie me over until march when BF:BC2 comes out (hoping it will be good) lol. Im still a little indifferent about borderlands, I heard it can be finished in mere days, is this true?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Hmmm I need a new game to get into. brawl is bad.
Agreed. I'm a bit over Brawl at present. I'm taking Melee a little more seriously now and using less c-stick and jumping with X/Y (I jumped by pressing up, it ruins so much for me on Melee) +wavedashing 'n' stuff; Jesus it has so much more oomph.

Next Lan I might actually play something other than Brawl. :O cbf with it atm.

Little off topic:

Thursday Dry Sunny. Min 25 Max 39
Friday Dry. Sunny. Min 23 Max 39
Saturday Dry. Sunny. Min 25 Max 39
Sunday Dry. High cloud. Min 26 Max 36

I love how each day they keep saying 1 day will bring a change (stated off as Thursday) and then they keep adding on another 39 with each day. Yeah, I love to hate this weather, but it's a bit much for November. Wee!

Splice

Smash Hero
@DJB
Starcraft II when it comes out.
If you haven't played Starcraft Brood War yet, I'd advise that too, but you probably wouldn't like the graphics. What about other streetgeek games as well? Halo 3?

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm I need a new game to get into. brawl is bad. you know its a problem when the amount of time you spend on forums/irc/thinking about a game far exceeds the time you actually spend playing it. Need something to make use of this powerful PC I have... Why must battlefield BC2 be so far away ughhhhhh. So yeah im not sure if I'll feel like coming to every SG lan in future, certainly not just for brawl.

Are you guys into any new PC games, or do you know any recent ones which are really good? This dragon age: origins looks pretty nice, pity only single player though. Just need something to tie me over until march when BF:BC2 comes out (hoping it will be good) lol. Im still a little indifferent about borderlands, I heard it can be finished in mere days, is this true?
Yes, Borderlands can be finished rather quickly but the replay-ability is nice. And if you have friends to play it with it's epic.

Although I really suggest Team Fortress 2, especially if you wanna bring your PC to Lan.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
StreetGeek 09.11

Start: 7pm Friday October 30th
Finish: 9pm Saturday October 31st
560 Goodwood Rd, Daw Park
http://www.streetgeek.com.au

What do you get when n00bvember and halloween fall on the same weekend?

That's right!...

Hallow-N00b-Vember!!!!

Door Prize

Every StreetGeek LAN features AllNeeds' WORLD FAMOUS
door prize! It comes from the store that has been for many years Adelaide's best value
computer store, offering all your computer parts and not only absolute bottom dollar,
but also with absolutely the most excellent standards of service. Yes, who else but
Allneeds! Nothing but serious epic GOODNESS.

Tournaments
PC
Full PC Tournament Results
bigreidy, 46 points
DrFrag, 23 points
Caddy, 18 points
Boinst, 13 points
squid, 10 points
Jboy, 10 points
quiznium, 10 points
ravenge, 8 points
joey, 7 points
Jamage, 7 points
Nathan, 7 points
Freddy, 7 points
prosthetichead, 5 points
senseibaka, 5 points
Tabaqui, 5 points
chino, 5 points
Arkangel, 5 points
ExT, 3 points
Anthrox, 3 points
b3h3m07h, 3 points

Tetris
1st: Dr Frag
2nd: Big Reidy
3rd: Caddy
4th: Boinst

CS Source
1st: Jboy
2nd: Freddy
3rd: Tabaquai
4th: b3h3m07h

UT2004
1st: squid
2nd: Boinst
3rd: Big Reidy
4th: Ravenge

Warcraft 3 TD
1st: Dr Frag
3rd: prostetic head
4th: anthrox

Team Fortess 2
1st: Big reidy
2nd: Nathan
3rd: Sensaibaka
4th: ExT

Halo DD
1st: Big Reidy
2nd: Jamage
3rd: Arkangel
4th: Boinst

Trackmania
1st: Caddy
3rd: Chino
4th: Dr Frag

Frisbeemark (IRL)
1st: Quiznium
2nd: Joey
3rd: Ravenge
4th: Caddy

Console
Overall Console Winners
1st: Jamage - 460
2nd: Rasberry - 380
3rd: Shadowman - 250
4th: BushidoAnimne - 150
5th: Quiznuim - 140
6th: Staunch Mofo - 100
6th: Terra - 100
8th: DystopianRay - 90

Super Smash Bros Brawl FFA
1st: Jamage - ROB
2nd: Shadowman - Zelda
3rd: Squid - Pikachu
4th: BushidoAnime - Ike

Super Smash Bros Brawl 1v1
1st: Jamage - ROB, Wolf, MK
2nd: Shadowman - Zelda, TLink
3rd: Rasberry - Diddy
4th: BushidoAnime - Ike
5th: Squid - Pikachu
5th: Micolous - MK
7th: Scott Rowland - Samus?
7th: Chris G - ROB

Halo 3 FFA
1st: Quiznium
2nd: Jamage
3rd: Shadowman
4th: Rasberry

Forza 3 Hotlap
1st: Staunch Mofo - 0:59:096
2nd: Jamage - 0:59:470
3rd: Rasberrry - 1:02:223
4th: Dylan - 1:02:967

Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
1st: Terra - E Honda
2nd: Dystopian Ray - Blanka
3rd: Jamage - Ken
4th: Rasberry - M Bison

Prizes

Door Prizes: 1TB WD Black Edition HDD

n00b Prize (Only n00bs and those who invited n00bs are eligible for the n00b prize): One copy of Left 4 Dead (PC) + additional minor prizes

Hallow-n00b-vember Prize (Only those specially attired for the hallow-n00b-vember theme are eligible): Far Cry + Ghost Recon + Ghost Recon Expansion Packs + additional minor prizes

FrizbeeMark: Plantronics Audio 350 Headphones

Minor Prizes: Caffeine, Caffeine, Caffeine

Console Prizes: Lips for the XBox 360, complete with 2 cordless microphones.

PC Prizes: Just Cause + Deus Ex PC pack, Stalker PC, Left 4 Dead PC

Kitchen Menu

Catch the menu for 09.11.

Every StreetGeek, a delicious concoction is created by our own culinary magicians: Midnight Snack, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

Please let BPS know ASAP if you have any special dietary requirements. We will cater for them where practical to do so.

More Stuff

We'd like to put in a special mention for our pals over at Reloaded, a 400+ (max capacity exceeds 1000)
person LAN that Valhalla's crew is putting on with some assistance from other groups on the weekend of January
16th next year. Pitched as the ultimate video game and anime festival, Reloaded has year after year put on a
great show, and expect to do the same again next year. Reloaded supplied the epic Alienware showbags that were
at the door at 09.08 and 09.09. If you'd like to know more, please
direct your attention to this thread.

Sponsors

AllNeeds, without a doubt
the most awesome computer store known to mankind,
and a strong supporter of StreetGeek since the dawn of time. Allneeds is located
at 350a King William St. AllNeeds strive to provide the best
value computer parts in Adelaide, and have a stellar reputation for top-notch
customer service.

Our hosts, the Colonel Light Gardens Uniting Church! StreetGeek is an outreach
activity of the Uniting Church, and while our events are 200% religion free, we'd
like you to feel welcome to get involved in the wider church community. 

Allneeds Door Prize
Exilius - Western Digital Black Edition 1TB HDD

PC Tournament
Reidy - Stalker PC
Frag - Just Cause + Deus Ex PC
Caddy - Left 4 Dead PC
Boinst

Console
Jamage - Lips XBox360
Raspberry
Shadowman

n00bvember prize
Ben236 - Left 4 Dead PC
Sponge - Left 4 Dead PC

halloween prize
Jade - FarCry PC, Ghost Recon PC + Expansion Packs

FrizbeeMark
quiznium - Plantronics Headset

Minor prizes from the cafe were also awarded

So now the following people have prizes waiting for them, you get 3 months to pick up your prize, then it will go back in to the pool:

violentpurple
jade
ant
ben236
kman
bluebomber

Pics can be found here: http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj54/Jamage007/SG Lan November 09/

Thanks again to those who attended, the admins, people who helped and our sponsors for making yet another great Lan.

Next Lan: December 4th and 5th
www.streetgeek.com.au

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I might bring New Super Mario Bros to the next lan. I've yet to play it in 4 players. Just my brother in 2.

I should probably finish that game soon.

earla

Smash Lord
around christmas i'll be in adelaide staying in burnside/around there.

hopefully get to hang out with some of you. anyone near by?

Ant1

Smash Ace
lol i don't even play brawl. But earl will got wtfpwned by my l337 snake technique of full hop n-air ledgeguard.
Oh wait, that doesn't work against MK :( Oh well, then my l337 D.I. skills win. Or my l337 grenade tactics (i can haz lob teh uber grenades) or my l337 bowser. My bowser doesn't use any advanced techniques, just jab, up-b out of shield and side-b lol.

Browny

Smash Hater
Yeah burnside isn't exactly near me but easy enough to get to :)

I'll def. try to host something at my house, its not that far from burnside, at least we're on the same side of the city >_> many others are on the south-west side.

I will try to record stuff. Only have a camcorder and 1 30 min disc but it should be enough.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
'Kay, if djb hosts a meet I can probably arrange for Earl to travel with me. I'll just bribe some people.

PS: 'sif it's still 42c at 7:30. :@

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
lol i don't even play brawl. But earl will got wtfpwned by my l337 snake technique of full hop n-air ledgeguard.
Oh wait, that doesn't work against MK :( Oh well, then my l337 D.I. skills win. Or my l337 grenade tactics (i can haz lob teh uber grenades) or my l337 bowser. My bowser doesn't use any advanced techniques, just jab, up-b out of shield and side-b lol.
DJB please make sure Ant takes his medicine.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Hey Jamage I have posted this on the SG forums as well, but just posting it here as well in case you don't check there as often. If you do just disregard this message.

I've been meaning to suggest this for a while now.

9:00pm: Super Smash Bros Brawl FFA (Wii)
10:am Smash Bros Brawl 2v2 (Wii)

Is it possible to perhaps swap these two around? Myself and Apollo usually leave after the Brawl singles (12 - 1am), but would like to enter a team tournament in SA to see how we measure up (I personally don't care all that much about FFA in a competitive sense). It's also my experience with other states that doubles are almost always held before singles.

earla

Smash Lord
plane arrives 10:00 am on the 23rd. djb would you like to host that day?

and if possible, could you please pick me up?

i'll take a taxi to my cousins place that evening after the meet.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Hi all,

As many of you may know, StreetGeek will be participating in reloaded 2010 held on January 16-17 2010.

WIN!
Thanks to www.reloadedlan.org, we will be giving away 2 General Admission tickets at the openening ceremony (approx 8pm) of our December LAN (Fri 4th Dec 2009).
We will also be giving away a number of minor prizes throughout the LAN.

Similar to StreetGeek, Reloaded will have an allocated (BYO PC/Console) and Social (General Admission) ticket and if you're wondering how to get your hands on some, LOOK NO FURTHER!!

DISCOUNT TICKETS v09.12 only!link
BYO - $30 (normally $35)
General Admission* - $10

(On sale at the front counter at StreetGeek v09.12)
*General Admission Tickets can be upgraded to BYO at the door (for approx $20 tbc.).

We will be there with Streetgeek PC tournaments http://www.reloadedlan.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=190
Frisbeemark http://www.reloadedlan.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=187
Streetgeek is running the Smash Bros Brawl 1v1 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257081

Hope to see you on friday!!

Top Bottom