• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Double post, but whatever, I don't really care. Thanks for hosting the tourney again Jamage, you're an awesome host.

ILAG said on another forum said:
kiri i am "Mr Mk" now and i joined your game for 1 game and left to play djb then he rage quited and i must of left the room open

djb, do not ask me to assist you with helping this scene when you have utterly no motivation to do so yourself. Apparently you were playing Wifi (SERIOUSLY??? WIFI????) against ILAG (and raged) at the time this event was going on. How the **** does that help anything? Reputations are dumb, get over yours.

Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm done.

zApollo

Smash Ace
A pretty uneventful SG event, in respect to the brawl side of things, but thanks to Jamage for hosting it despite the limited resources and thanks to those whom I played.

I wondered why DJB and Ant were unable to attend this SG event, it seemed pretty big, being the last event for the year. And also important in respect to the SG community. Heck, Eagles turned up after a few months of absence and surprised me. However he left mid-way through the tournament to attend more exciting things, I can't blame him.

In the context of the competitive smash scene in South Australia, personally I think it's in shambles. And I know my opinion is not voiced alone. I'm not one to personally attack or criticise someone, but I strongly disagree with your ideals DJB. Firstly I could not help but be amused by the irony of the situation from which you failed to comply with even your own propositions, and yet expect others to help and follow suit. If what Nova said is true, then you have torn down your respect and trampled it into the dirt.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
My bad if the Wifi match was beforehand.

I agree with Apollo though, he's simply more eloquent with words than I can be bothered being when I've lost all patience. Looking very forward to reloaded. A lot of OoS's are attending from what I can gather (maybe even Corpse if I keep bugging him, hype people, hype).

I STILL haven't played you Jamage! :'(

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey South Aussies! Any of you free around the following times or following locals on Saturday?

* Saturday, 11:30am – 12:30pm at Intencity inside the Marion Shopping Centre
* Saturday, 2:00 – 5:00pm at the Valhalla LAN at the St Clair Recreation Centre

If so, do the whole country a big favor, and go and sign up to make Gamers 4 Croydon able to run in the next SA elections, giving Australia the chance to see Michael "No 18+ Rating for you!" Atkinson lose his seat! Do it for Australia!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
my proposition, appolo and metanova move to nsw for the sydney smash scene ;)
oh boy, I cant wait to come to reloaded with my favorite t-shirt, you guys are gonna love it!

Browny

Smash Hater
guys I dont remember saying i would attend more of these? in fact I said the opposite. I stopped caring about brawl a while back. and for gods sake please stop thinking i played wifi during the event that was literally 1 minute during the mid-afternoon, i was busy the remainder of the day.

but hey I guess now you now how I felt when you decided to have your own smash meet and not let me know about it eh? anyway there was a serious thing which happened in my house on friday i couldnt leave and im going out all day + night today, thats why I didnt come.

eh since you guys appear to be jumping to a conclusion, there was a very serious incident in my house yesterday there was no way in hell I could leave the house. and this whole new series of events in adelaide, yeah Ive lost a lot of enthusiasm. I just dont have the means to do so. without a car of my own I cant set-up such an event, 4 years of Uni has drained so much of my available money setting up an initial event is just too big a risk for me at the moment. The only thing I asked you guys to do was to send out emails to any friends who play brawl to generate a mailing list so we could get info on the amount of interest an event would have, nothing else. I know I've asked around a lot of places, responses are slow though. Theres A LOT more to making the scene bigger than simply attending the LANs you know :/

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Everyone bring your brawl disc's. I cant run a proper tourney with 1 copy as everone else seemed to "forget" theirs all at the same time.
Plenty more people wanted to enter but with only 1 Wii I had to cut it to 8 entrants and only the best got in (except fishman).

Streetgeek 9.12 Brawl 1v1 Results
1st: Nova - Olimar, ??
2nd: Apollo - Zamus
3rd: Jamage - ROB, Wolf
4th: the kid formerly known as Asura - Falco
5th: Desert Eagle - DK, Fox
5th: Shadowman - Zelda
7th: Aisuka - Lucario
7th: Fishman - MK

I still havnt played Nova yet 1v1...... WTF???
Next event is Relaoded

Eagle

Smash Lord
But.. but I lost my first match, and then I forfeited my second against Asura, but I place fifth?

Not too bad, self. :D

Hmm, so there were A LOT of little kids there this time. I mean, I'm fine with children, like I even bring my own (Erm, little brothers..), but oh jeeze! There were what, 20 twelve-ish year olds?! They outnumbered the elder consolers. :p

I don't mind really I guess..

So anyways, Josh, DJB, and Caterpillar didn't come. Not surprisingly Josh didn't though he tried to contact me a couple times for Streetgeek last month.

Ummm.. Anyways, Reloaded is coming soon, I think someone wanted to have some Fox ditto against me. Obviously my Fox will molest but I'm sure it will be fun! Apart from last night I hadn't played Brawl for a couple of months, or maybe three. I was surprised my DK was still decent to give Apollo and Nova a fight. At least, not when we vsed in the tourney match. Man, you'd think you would be alright in the safe room in Norfair but Apollo just smacked me silly. :(

See you guys at reloaded! :D

zApollo

Smash Ace
Hmm, so there were A LOT of little kids there this time. I mean, I'm fine with children, like I even bring my own (Erm, little brothers..), but oh jeeze! There were what, 20 twelve-ish year olds?! They outnumbered the elder consolers. :p
Gawd tell me about it, and they were still roaming around playing halo at like 12am. The Halo crowd was wayy younger than the brawl crowd, I found it hilarious!

but hey I guess now you now how I felt when you decided to have your own smash meet and not let me know about it eh?
Mate, I just invited Nova over to my house for a few friendly offlines and team practice, nothing more. If you still express interest in a proper smash meet then something could be effectively organised.

oh boy, I cant wait to come to reloaded with my favorite t-shirt, you guys are gonna love it!
Dayum, it looks like I might not be able to attend reloaded, of all the times it had to be that date, we'll see how things play out.

earla

Smash Lord
lookin forward to chillin with you guys. how was the tournament? results?

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Streetgeek 9.12 Brawl 1v1 Results
1st: Nova - Olimar, ??
2nd: Apollo - Zamus
3rd: Jamage - ROB, Wolf
5th: Desert Eagle - DK, Fox
5th: Shadowman - Zelda
7th: Aisuka - Lucario
7th: Fishman - MK

FFA
1st: Jamage - ROB
2nd: Rasberry - Diddy
3rd: Aisuka - Lucario
4th: Shadowman - Zelda

Nova

Banned via Warnings
We obviously need to drop this subject quicker than later and I don't want to drag it on given the contents, so I'll just address some minor details.

but hey I guess now you now how I felt when you decided to have your own smash meet and not let me know about it eh?
djb, that "Meet" we had was at Apollo's house around the same time I ALREADY said on here numerous times I would travel anywhere (in Adelaide) to meet up with anyone. That's me asking other people if they are willing to 1: host a meet, and 2: provide a time. I would host a meet myself but my family are a pack of freaks and would eat everyone. I'm not going to force myself on the subject. The amount of times I've expressed interest for it has been astronomical.

yeah Ive lost a lot of enthusiasm.
I know this much. But saying you've lost it based on "this" little drama is wrong. You were going to attend both Rocky and a Stigma after it at one stage but didn't end up going to either (could be a variety of legit reasons, but the general consensus I've reached is that you're losing interest).

If you have irl issues in future, you do not obviously need to tell everyone what they are, just a post along the lines of "**** off Nova, don't be such a loudmouth when you have no idea what's going on in my personal life" will be enough to shut me up.

Nevertheless, this issue should be dropped. A fair bit of this shared animosity is misunderstandings anyway.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
So Metaknightnova in tha best in SA?
I'll probably come to this if the flights are reasonable around the time. err i meen reloaded.. wrong thread =)

Nova

Banned via Warnings
So Metaknightnova in tha best in SA?
I'll probably come to this if the flights are reasonable around the time.
No, DJBrowny is. I always rank horridly when I head OoS. :p

Mostly due to my character sele..
nah that's a John. >_>

Ant1

Smash Ace
I've nearly lose all interest in brawl. I will however go to reloaded for the brawl comp. After that i think that might be it. I have played it far too much as it is, something like 500 hours+ or sumthin like that.

Lol try find another game exclusive on ps3/360 that can boast that much playtime

Dusk_Wolf

Smash Rookie
ya know, I should just make a profile that is called "call me whatever you want". :chuckle:

but i have came up with a name that i like have been using alot but not at street geek
that name. it is jWolf~ because 1 my name is james which is what the j means and then a wolf is my favourite animal which is wolf and then the wavey thing at the and which symbolizes a wolf tail

TA DA jWolf~.

Browny

Smash Hater
Well glad u understand nova... I need a break from brawl, hopefully a long one, it consumed too much of my spare time over the last 19 months...

Anyway I think a good source of new players is possible to come from the EVAC games group at adelaide uni. thats where me, and a number of smash players who attend SG lans seemed to have come from. They are having their final meet for the year this friday night, 4-9pm at the uni. The guys there are setting up a 'fight club' which is primarily SF4 but has BB, Tekken 6 and brawl is trying to be taken seriously. These are the guys who run AVCON so they know A LOT about how to get people to an event. If you wanna try let them host a meet of sorts they typically have a few TV's spare.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Alot of people only play at Lans. I hadnt even played Brawl since SG 9.11 but that didnt stop me coming 3rd in 1v1 and 1st in FFA. Brawl doesnt have to consume so much of your time and can still be taken very seriously.

There are already enough established events here in SA and people can only go to so many events and I dont see people leaving streetgeek for just fighting games. New events just fail even if its run by Avcon/evac or will have a very small regular turnout. Id much rather have a few large events than a bunch of small events. If someone has the skills and the knowhow im happy for someone to takeover Brawl at streetgeek so I have time to run other stuff and not be so flat out trying to organise both Brawl and Halo at the same time.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Rock On Adelaide XMAS Lan
Rock On Adelaide is back again for another epic lan. This time it will be a christmas holidays lan event, on the 19th of December, from 10am-10pm. We are at the same place as usual, Colonel Light Gardens Uniting Church, 560 Goodwood Road, Daw Park.

BYO PC people pay $15, consolers/social pay $10.

Smash Bros Brawl 1v1, FFA, Guitar Hero 5, DJ hero and Rock Band comps.

Want to win something?
A decent prize will be given to whoever gets more people to the lan. When the people you invited attend, they'll be asked who referred them, and it will be recorded. Person with most referrals will be given a decent prize, worth at least $20.

Keep your eyes peeled on our facebook group and event, and twitter , twitter.com/rockonadelaide

Also, we now have new better forums, sign up, post away! http://rockonadelaide.proboards.com/index.cgi

Browny

Smash Hater
23rd dec my house, so far anyway.

I can meet him @ airport, get J1/J2 easily enough to my house. should be there by like, 11:15am if were lucky?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
MSN needs to stop sucking - won't let me sign in.

23rd, all good. There is four people I'm guessing? You, earl, Apollo and Mr Guitar Hero?

Edit: nvm, it finally let me sign in.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I'm hurt. Gutted even.

.. I might be coming to the Christmas thing with my brothers again.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Ugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm 50/50 for the meet on Wednesday. Depending on how quickly I get over this Satan virus I have. Ugh I haven't felt this horrible since I had Glandular Fever (which it isn't, just some lamer than lame bug). Doctor said it should clear in about 4 days. While my 40+ temperature makes me feel like spewing up magma.

MAGMA.

Preemptive sick johns. :(

zApollo

Smash Ace
Whaat, you never told me it was magma fever!

Get better for the sake of being well next week, important one it is in many respects.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I won using Bowser, Snake, Ganon and Marth.

Jamie actually beat my MK on Pokemon Stadium 1 with Rob. Few really lucky n-air kills really high up. **** PS 1 low ceiling!

Funniest match was my vs some other guy's G&W with bowser. I didn't want to beat him badly, but i let him gain too much of a lead. But i knew i could bowsercide him. As soon as his invincibility from respawn wared off, i bowsercided him, but it didn't work, so i did it straight after and won. I think i was at 140% and he was at 16% lololol

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
ROA results

Smash Bros Brawl 1v1
15 Entrants
1st: Ant - Snake, Bowser, Ganon and Marth
2nd: Jamage - Wolf, R.O.B, Peach
3rd: Benji - Link
4th: Techa - Snake
5th: Martin - G&W
6th: Ridion - Kirby
6th: Ridge - Sonic
8th: LazarusX - G&W

Finals
pt 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnkRRjh8uvc
pt 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11YvavhX-Rk

Dragonball Raging Blast
1st: Ant
2nd: Brandon
3rd: Jamie

Tekken 6
1st: Martin - Paul, Heihachi
2nd:
3rd: Jamage - King
4th: Benji -

Guitar Hero 5
1st: Brett Shelly
2nd: Brandon Agius
3rd: Techa
4th: Ant

Browny

Smash Hater
stop being such a noob ant

lol @ jamage after wolf flash kill :p

anyway... about wednesday earls flight gets here at 10, so since ill be meeting him at the airport I can probably be home by like, 11:30am at the earliest. I forgot 23rd is a weekday so the buses arent as quick as I thought (yes it is faster on the weekends). I maybe have to meet ledge at TTP too so the earliest we can start would be like midday I think.

I still havent got a reply from dave so atm it looks like only 1 extra TV will be needed. will need more wiis though lol.

Something I must clarify now though, is how late do people plan on staying / how are they getting home. I dont plan on this running into the evening, but if people have their own rides they can probably stay longer. even if everyone does though, cant have that many staying late lol.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I let him beat my MK, it was so he could get an ROA achievement! :chuckle:
!! I just remembered i beat ur ROB with pink captain falcon lol.
Add that to my characters used list :D

2 Knee k.o.'s and a reverse falcon punch k.o. wasn't it? I remember i got like 2 knees within 10 seconds on ur rob. And the final k.o. was a knee

Nova

Banned via Warnings
anyway... about wednesday earls flight gets here at 10, so since ill be meeting him at the airport I can probably be home by like, 11:30am at the earliest. I forgot 23rd is a weekday so the buses arent as quick as I thought (yes it is faster on the weekends). I maybe have to meet ledge at TTP too so the earliest we can start would be like midday I think.

I still havent got a reply from dave so atm it looks like only 1 extra TV will be needed. will need more wiis though lol.

Something I must clarify now though, is how late do people plan on staying / how are they getting home. I dont plan on this running into the evening, but if people have their own rides they can probably stay longer. even if everyone does though, cant have that many staying late lol.
Yeah I'm being dropped off and picked up. I'll leave when you want it to finish. All good.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I let him beat my MK, it was so he could get an ROA achievement! :chuckle:
!! I just remembered i beat ur ROB with pink captain falcon lol.
Add that to my characters used list :D

2 Knee k.o.'s and a reverse falcon punch k.o. wasn't it? I remember i got like 2 knees within 10 seconds on ur rob. And the final k.o. was a knee
U wish :p Ask MK how does it feel to be ***** by a robot?

I didnt take brawl falcon seriously and thought it was a joke ROB V Falcon but u got some sweet knees in near the edge that I didnt expect and next minute I lost....wtf. No falcon punch connected that I can recall.

That Wolf Flash kill was epic :D

earla

Smash Lord
tiger flight was cancelled. what a surprise!

virgin:
depart melb:1035
arrive: adelaide: 1125

Top Bottom