• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Eagle

Smash Lord
Oh and this Lan I made sure to reserve a spot in the sleeping area by putting down my pillow and sheet because last time it was full. This time when I went to go to sleep someone was sleeping on my pillow and sheet >__>

I felt weird about waking them up, so I didn't. I didn't get any sleep all Lan. :(
Hahahahahaha!

Man thats funny.

Ahem, about Josh, are you sure he's year 12 Browny? I'm fairly certain that he's my age, and that I'm older than him, and I am 17 in year 11 currently.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I took someones pillow, i put another pillow on top of that one. When i woke up the pillow i took had disappeared, the guy had somehow took it under my head without waking me up..

Halo teams were so funny, Jamie's team were so bad, me and amitho could just see him getting angrier and angrier after each match. When it ends, we're like 'here we go'

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I was laughing so hard during the CTF match on Valhalla and seeing Jamage get pissed off made it even funnier.

Jamage's team were pretty bad.
I have no idea what that guy in the warthog was doing, I jumped in the gunner (coz noone else was, id rather be on foot and have a lesser player be gunner) as I did I heard flag stolen and saw him going to the middle so i tell him go to the middle, go after the flag. Instead he goes behind the base, then into the base and im like what are you doing go after the flag, go to the middle. At that point I was so frustrated coz we should have won the ghame already so I was pretty much yelling at him to get the f over to their base or we are gonna lose. He then jumped out of the hog (which was still in the base). He knows how to play Halo decent so I have no idea what he was thinking.

Good times though, I still won the FFA.

Browny

Smash Hater
Ahem, about Josh, are you sure he's year 12 Browny? I'm fairly certain that he's my age, and that I'm older than him, and I am 17 in year 11 currently.
Well I started Uni at 17... that doesnt mean he should be in Uni now does it :p idk maybe ill email him

also ive been thinking, I wonder how we could go about getting even a mere fraction of the people who came to AVCON to come to the sg lans. I realise the two are completely different things, I myself would have never imagined I would go to a LAN regularly a few years back since the whole overnight stay thing probably deters people. Maybe a facebook group or something lol, I know how addicted everyone is to that these days. hmmm :dizzy:

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Well those results are not surprising. As I said in the Rocky topic, it's a pity you (meaning djb) and ant couldn't come to Rocky and team, me and Apollo were not a good team at all. Way too aggressive. :p

ant, get over your "oh it's only Smash" attitude, you'd have a blast. ^_^ Also, djb, don't know if you remember my mine (down b version) exploding on me in one of our matches last time, but the same thing happened to me at Rocky. Exact same stage as well, wtf.... I'm only using the name "klutz" when I use Snake in future.

And I didn't fight a single Lucario at Rocky (thank the stars)! Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahaha! >_<

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Streetgeek 9.09 September 2009 Lan Report
Was epic with 152 confirmed lanners there and even more guests etc.

Boinst said:
For my part, we had 152 people, we had the 3rd space vest from Allneeds on demo, and we gave away a truckload of the Alienware showbags donated by Reloaded. We had the peace corner.

Sponsors!

We'd like to thank our major sponsors, Allneeds Computers, providers of only the best value swag in the way of computer parts and peripherals. Also, of course the Colonel Light Gardens Uniting Church, for hosting StreetGeek.

Affiliates and Friends!

Bottle Drive
Our last bottle drive netted a paltry $106. The next one is in October, and this time we'll come to you on the Sunday after the LAN if you have a few full boxes waiting for us.

PC Results
Tetris
1st: DrFrag
2nd: bigreidy
3rd: just_jess
4th: snax

Warcraft III: TD
1st: Violent_Purple
3rd: tsr
4th: ravenge

Unreal Tournament 3
1st: Anykey
2nd: Freddy
3rd: Muttly
4th: Techa

Worms World Party
1st: LazarusX
2nd: Anykey
3rd: Garret
4th: narthollis

Soldat
1st: tobbygnome
2nd: Anykey
3rd: strik3
4th: LazarusX

FrisbeeMark (IRL)
1st: KLEINIG
3rd: LazarusX
4th: jihad_jesus

Overall PC Winners
1 Anykey 26 Points
2 bigreidy 22
3 LazarusX 21
4 DrFrag 11
5 Violent_Purple 10
6 tobbygnome 10
7 KLEINIG 10
8 Freddy 7
9 Garret 6
10 Mutly 5

Console Results

Super Smash Bros Brawl 1v1
1st: DJ Browny - Lucario
2nd: Meta Nova - Sheik?
3rd: Apollo - Zero Samus
4th: Jamage - R.O.B
5th: Desert Eagle - Fox/DK
6th: Asura - Fox
7th: Rasberry - Diddy/Yoshi
8th: Aisuka - Lucario/Marth

Finals Vid Pt 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9BGfbvHJZs
Finals Vid Pt 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR2u7gdpiOw

Super Smash Bros Brawl FFA
1st: DJ Browny - Snake
2nd: Aisuka - Lucario
3rd: Desert Eagle - DK
4th: David S - Toon Link

Finals Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCaQ2BqkIOg

Halo 3 FFA
Name Gamertag
1st: Jamage (Jamage007)
2nd: Ant (evilwonga)
3rd: Chirpin (Th3ChirpinBird)
4th: Shadowman909 (???)
5th: Amitho (Amitho Kyou)
6th: Rasberry (Zone Cruiser)
7th: Blue Bomber (T3h Blue Bomber)
8th: Woodstar (Woodstar)

Chirpin, Jamage and Ant

Lips (360)
1st: Amitho
2nd: Smiteus
3rd: Wizzo
4th: Aisuka
5th: Rasberry

Finals Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk1Mvmn5rOI

More Photos from the event can be found here: http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj54/Jamage007/SG Lan September 09/

Thanks again to those who attended, the admins, people who helped and our sponsors for making yet another great Lan.

October report coming soon

Browny

Smash Hater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJfT0NoTPYc#t=3m08s (3:08)

I remembered ant did something silly in this match... and wow its worse than I thought >_<
thats a fresh ROB fsmash too, right after respawning so it has 1.05x damage (and i think knockback)

SA DI, its serious business :p

-----

Difference between being able to DI, and simply choosing not to do it lol

Eagle

Smash Lord
But... the title of this magnificent D.I-man has DJB written on it, no?

Thus Ant sucks.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
wait so the top photo is djb and the guy on the right in the bottom is ant?

wow they look exactly the same except one has long hair and stubble.

thats pretty lols, with great photo's like that, you should change your name to DJDowny ;)

at least you've got pocky

Browny

Smash Hater
you're not the first person to come up with that original idea btw.
And I blame a 9-5 day at uni + like 6 hours of LAN before that photo was taken for not knowing my hair somehow ended up all on one side :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah pretty sure everyone who's met you instatnly thought of that.

I gotta come down and have so more games against apollo, he's pretty legit

Ant1

Smash Ace
and yet that mrblack guy last lan said 'wow u guys look nothing alike'.
There is glare on what i won. Incase anyone is wondering what i won, it was 3 halo novels...

Ant1

Smash Ace
zomgz super saiyan 3 vegeta has been confirmed for new dragon ball tenkaichi game.
Screw smackdown v raw 2010 or brutal legend, it apparently comes out Novemeber 5th is Aus, so i'll just wait for that.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I do not know how anyone can watch WWE anymore.

1998 - 2002 WWF/E > Big Brother > Days of Our Lives > Today Tonight > Current WWE shows.

</random whinge>

Ant1

Smash Ace
I only watch wwe afterburn on sunday afternoon.

I watch it coz it's funny. They make the undertaker out be some sort of satanic demon. It's just an entertaining show to watch.

Smackdown v raw 2010 is getting ok ratings, dbz raging blast will probably get average review scores. But i don't care, i must play as ssj3 vegeta.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Rock On Adelaide was quite fun and I reckon u SG guys should go next time.
One of their Achievements is 'Pro pain': beat Jamage in a Smash Bros Match. Only 3 people got it this Lan, 1 coz I SD'ed with MK and the other 2 knocked me out of the FFA.

Rock on Adelaide Lan Smash Results

Brawl 1v1
1st: Jamage - Ganon, ROB, Wolf
2nd: Ryan - Marth, Ike
3rd: Techa (has improved lots) - Snake, Mario
4th: Aleesha - Marth
5th: Ridion - Kirby
6th: Andrew - Random
6th: Az - Samus
6th: Jamie (not Jamage) - ???

Brawl FFA
1st: Daniel - Pit
2nd: Techa - Snake
3rd: Fishman - MetaKnight
4th: Andrew - Kirby
5th: Jamage - ROB
5th: Az - Samus
5th: Aleesha - Marth
5th: Nikita - ???

Ant1

Smash Ace
It's easy for u to get there Jamie. For me it's a 2 hour bus trip, by car it would be an hour still.

Considering i just went out there last week, i didn't want to go out there again.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
StreetGeek 09.10
Charity LAN

Start: 7pm Friday October 9th
Finish: 9pm Saturday October 10th
560 Goodwood Rd, Daw Park

http://www.streetgeek.com.au
Does it pain you to see a n00b go unfragged? Do you shudder when see a 1-up mushroom slide into a bottomless pit?Do you spend your free time working out where you could place portals to make day-to-day tasks easier? Well then,you, my friend, are suffering from SGWS, or StreetGeek Withdrawal Syndrome. You need to take two tablets ofIncredbly Awesome LANning, and your symptoms should clear up in no time!

Charity LAN
Yes, it's that time of the year again, CHARITOBER. The one LAN of the year where we FRAG for a GOOD CAUSE.Also, for the first time ever, you get to pick the charity! So at the closing ceremony, you will getthe opportunity to vote for the charity that will be the benefactor for this LAN! All profits from ticket salesand the kitchen (meals and coffee), including a proportional amount from current supermemberships will be donatedto the charity that YOU SELECT!

Charity LAN Results
RSPCA came out ahead of AutismSA in the vote by a narrow margin, all profits from ticket sales and kitchen sales go to the RSPCA, Anthony Mosca will be back to us with the final dollar figure.

Door Prize

This months' LAN features AllNeeds' WORLD FAMOUS door prize! It comes fromthe SINGLE MOST AWESOME COMPUTER STORE IN ADELAIDE! Serious epic GOODNESS.Don't know what it's going to be yet, but it's always awesome, and every attendee has a chance to win!

Allneeds have also put together some excellent prices just for StreetGeek members! You MUST have your StreetGeekwristband from 09.10 with you to claim these prices, and they're only valid within 14 days after 09.10.
  • Western Digital 750GB Black HDD $109
  • Western Digital 1TB Black HDD $140
  • Samsung 1TB HDD $89 !!!!!!
  • Pioneer DVD Burner $43
This little promo is ultra-uber-special. Once again, only available with a StreetGeek wristbandThe 3rd Space Vest has 8 pneaumatic cells, each of which is able to pound the wearer with realistic 3D-aware forces.
Allneeds is putting on an ultra-special price of $235. You can't get this price anywhere else!

Prizes

In totally un-StreetGeek style, we actually know what the prizes are going to be before the closing ceremony is scheduled tobegin!
  • Allneeds Door Prize - I don't know this one yet, sorry :p
  • FrizbeeMark - Left 4 Dead (PC)
  • PC Tournament 1st Place - Oddworld Abe's Oddysee + Oddworld Abe's Exodus (PC)
  • PC Tournament 2nd Place - Starcraft Battlechest (PC)
  • PC Tournament 3rd Place - Company of Heroes 4 (PC)
  • Console Tournament - Assassin's Creed (360)
  • Console Tournament - Transformers Decepticons (NDS)
  • Console & PC individual game winners + other random prize winners - minor free stuff from the Cafe

Doorprize:
Kman (by which I mean Boinst): Incredible BLACK EDITION WD 1TB HDD from ALLNEEDS

FrizbeeMark: M - Left 4 Dead PC (Steam)

Mystery Can: Darkrider - AudioSurf (Steam)

This LAN we gave away the last of the CoD4 cups that were given to us by RELOADED.

Violent Purple still has one waiting for him from 09.09, it'll be reawarded at 10.01 if he hasn't grabbed it before then.

Ant won Assassins Creed for XBox 360, BlueBomber won Transformers Decepticons NDS

Kman, BlueBomber, M, Violent Purple, be sure to come pick up your prizes!!

Kitchen Menu

Menu for 09.10
Midnight Snack: Choc Chip Cookies
Breakfast: Continental Spread (baked beans, cereals, toast, spreads)
Lunch: Snags a la BBQ
Dinner: Chicken Special Fried Rice (secret reudiger family recipe)
Please let BPS know ASAP if you have any special dietary requirements. We will cater for them where practical to do so.

Bottle Drive

The second ever bottle drive was scheduled for the Sunday immediately after the LAN. Checkthis thread if youwould like to contribute!

More Stuff

We'd like to put in a special mention for our pals over at Reloaded, a 400+ (max capacity exceeds 1000)person LAN that Valhalla's crew is putting on with some assistance from other groups on the weekend of January16th next year. Pitched as the ultimate video game and anime festival, Reloaded has year after year put on agreat show, and expect to do the same again next year. Reloaded supplied the epic Alienware showbags that wereat the door at 09.08 and 09.09. If you'd like to know more, pleasedirect your attention to this thread.

Sponsors

AllNeeds, the most awesome computer store known to mankind,and a strong supporter of StreetGeek since the dawn of time. Allneeds is locatedat 350a King William St. AllNeeds strive to provide the bestvalue computer parts in Adelaide, and have a stellar reputation for top-notchcustomer service.

Our hosts, the Colonel Light Gardens Uniting Church! StreetGeek is an outreach activity of the Uniting Church, and while our events are 200% religion free, we'd like you to feel welcome to get involved in the wider church community.

Tournaments
PC
Overall PC Tournament Results
Freddy, 30 points - Won in tie-breaker, Oddworld Abe's Oddysee + Oddworld abe's Exodus (PC) (Steam)
bigreidy, 37 points - Won: Starcraft BattleChest
DrFrag, 30 points - Company of Heroes 4 (PC)
M, 15 points
Caddy, 14 points
a_newbie, 12 points
mrbluedice, 10 points
GrooveMasterGeneral, 10 points
Jtz100, 10 points
Marchos, 7 points
Whitey, 7 points
hallex, 5 points
DarkNites, 5 points
Ricky, 5 points
prosthetichead, 5 points
josh5022, 3 points
Blue_Bomber, 3 points
roxenn, 3 points
BlackPantSamurai, 3 points
gw, 3 points

Tetris
1st: bigreidy
2nd:Caddy
3rd: DarkNites
4th: josh5022

Counter Strike Source
1st: mrbluedice
2nd: Freddy
3rd: hallex
4th: roxenn

Armagetron
2nd: Caddy
3rd: bigreidy
4th: Freddy

Warcraft III: TD
2nd: Marchos
3rd: prosthetichead
4th: bigreidy

Team Fortress 2
1st: Jtz100
3rd: Ricky
4th: GrooveMasterGeneral

Halo
1st: Freddy
2nd: Whitey
3rd: bigreidy
4th: Blue_Bomber

Flat Out 2
2nd: a_newbie
3rd: M
4th: BlackPantSamurai

Console Tournaments

Super Smash Bros Brawl FFA
1st: Ant - Snake
2nd: Jamage - R.O.B
3rd: Blue Bomber - Pikachu
4th: Milk - Mario
5th: Mr Black - R.O.B
5th: Shadowman
7th: DJB - Snake?
7th: Chirpin - Mr G&W
Finals Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJfT0NoTPYc

Super Smash Bros Brawl 1v1
1st: Ant - Various
2nd: DJB - Various
3rd: Jamage - R.O.B, Wolf
4th: Mr Black - Olimar, R.O.B
5th: Blue Bomber - Pikachu
6th: Shadowman - Zelda, Toon Link
7th: Milk - Mario
8th: Amitho - Diddy

Halo 3 5v5
1st: Blue Bomber, Whitey, Chirpin, Ant and Amitho
2nd: Jamage, B50 Willis, Shadowman909, Milk and Ben the Kitty

Halo 3 FFA
1st: Jamage (Jamage007) - 154.5
2nd: Whitey (EvilJacob) - 117.5
3rd: Blue Bomber (T3h Blue Bomber) - 98.5
4th: Ant (evilwonga) - 98
5th: Amitho (Amitho Kyou) - 96
6th: Chirpin (Th3ChirpinBird) - 94.5
7th: Shadowman909 (???) - 59.5
8th: DJBrowny (???)- 58

Ultimate Consoler
1st: Ant - 360 Points
2nd: Jamage - 350
3rd: Blue Bomber - 320
4th: DJ Browny - 250
5th: Shadowman909 - 240
6th: Amitho - 220
7th: Whitey - 190
8th: Chirpin - 180

Gran Turismo 4 on DDR mats
1v1 faceoff between big reidy and Freddy for overall 1st place in the PC tournaments.
1st: Freddy
2nd: big reidy
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45_c1PD-Q_s

Other Tournaments
FrisbeeMark
1st: M
2nd: GrooveMasterGeneral
3rd: a_newbie
4th:gw

Mystery Can Eating Contest
1st: Darkrider
2nd: a_newbie

More Photos from the event can be found here: http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj54/Jamage007/SG Lan October 09/

Thanks again to those who attended, the admins, people who helped and our sponsors for making yet another great Lan.

Next Lan: October 30th and 31st

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Lol at me beating Ant in Halo 3 FFA by .5 of a point.

He would have gotten higher if you didn't **** around at the end of the Oddball round Jamage XD

Also I want to bring my 360 but I doubt I will be able to fit all my friends and their computers, my computer, an Xbox and a TV in the car. Do you think there will be any spare TVs at next Lan?

Ant1

Smash Ace
Uh Jamie djb came first in 1v1...
And i totally wasn't at my best in halo ffa

So many bad things kept happening to me. So many grenade deaths coz like my nub brother kept spamming grenades in the lift.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
So it's this week, hype.

And I tried hyping a couple of people into coming. Both responded with things like "ok I have something I'm doing on Friday though".

Aaaand I'm trying to talk Ique into coming. :(

*Sigh* SA... *Sigh*

And Jamage I want to play you this time. We've never played. :'(

Browny

Smash Hater
hmmm idk if ill go to this one, for a number of reasons. kinda coz ant wont be since its his bday the next day :/

considering uni is finishing up though some meets in the meantime (holidays, that is) would be great :) lets figure something out to do with this guys lol, travelling across town isnt an issue for me.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yeah it isn't an issue for me either. I don't care where I have to go as long as it's in Adelaide somewhere.

I NEED offline practice. Wifi drives me nuts. I'm starting to use G&W and MK (I've given up on having a main, it's never going to suit me).

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Well I just had a lan at my house and was awesome fun, DJB was invited but didnt show. We were all too smashed to play properly anyway :p

Will be having another sometime soon.

Browny

Smash Hater
i was busy at uni all day saturday :( i never did confirm anything btw lol. should be able to come to whatever next one u have...

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Apollo isn't coming to this SG either, and Eagle didn't go to the last one (I think?). I guess I'll pass as well. SA? More like MEHSAY. <absurdly awful.... joke?/>

Top Bottom