• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rusty Guillotine Mafia | Ovah

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Also, @Swords: Why no comments yesterDay around J's 1733? We all saw ya online, and things were coming down to the wire for the Day, so why no input?
You're gonna hate me for it but . . .

I started viewing the thread while watching Baccano! episodes. Told myself that I'll post something after I was finished watching another episode. One more episode turned into another, and then another. I didn't even know that Ran was lynched yesturDay until about 2am.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I really don't want to risk this game on a Cello lynch, so Ran toDay.

Not going to vote him now though. Since I want him to be dead by the end of toDay already, placing my vote on him now would be pointless.
Here. You said you'd that voting would be pointless.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Swords, you were viewing the thread. You didn't vote. How can you prove that you simply missed my lynch?

#HBC | Dancer

ninja'd

The reason I said voting now would of been pointless is because it was. You didn't need to be lynched right there and then, so there was no reason for me to vote you, as long as you were lynched ultimately.

Ran said:
Swords, you were viewing the thread. You didn't vote. How can you prove that you simply missed my lynch?
I can't. You'll simply have to take my word for it.

July

Smash Apprentice

Here is my response to you July. In a fitting Rihanna song as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbqmDKyw3A4
Yesss <3

Ran you can listen to Rihanna with us too if you would like.

But in all seriousness, Swords I do remember the time that Ran is talking about where he saw you three times (post 1438) and in your 1444 you said you went to breakfast and lunch but it had been the first time you viewed the thread that day.

As for the end of D3, that's obviously something we have to take your word on.

Now time to reread.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Sworddancer said:
Cello you're scummy because you were so inactive earlier this game. This goes against you're town meta extremely, and yes, for you, that matters.
This meta is no longer applicable. I was quiet in Celebrity Mafia, and was Town. No, that's not quite right. I WENT quiet in Celebrity Mafia, and despite being AN UNCOUNTERCLAIMED COP, my meta was SO strong that I was lynched anyway. In fact, I was fairly vocal, went quiet, then because surly and vocal again. Sound familiar?

Why are you relying on meta to such an extreme, especially only that which can be portrayed as negative while ignoring the EXTREME flurries of activity that I showed here? Is it not my meta to be extremely active? Was I NOT extremely active, at first?

You are limiting your opinions to negative ones because I CAN and have shown the desire to limit the possible scum to you and me. Your interest is clearly in portraying others as scum rather than determining who IS scum.

Why, if I were scum, did I limit the possible scum to just us? Why, if I were scum, would I have ACTIVELY suggested that we lynch smargaret then myself and go on to provide support for that position? You're going to cry WIFOM, but these are still actions taken. How, given my OWN meta, would this have ACTUALLY improved my chances as scum?

However, not only that but some of you're play just doesn't make sense. I don't get you're whole self voting nonsense.
YesterDay or toDay? Doesn't matter since the motivation is the same. You can appreciate that I was staring death in the face, can't you? You had to support your position for voting for smargaret in the face of a confirmed Town who was willing to force a "NL" to force MY lynch. Not that you really did. You voted for Ranmaru because it was safe to do so (for Town as a whole), just as you had voted for smargaret previously, the entire time talking of how it was guaranteed to catch scum, rather than a solid stance on either.

It is interesting that you call my actions "nonsense". In Tree Stump, YOU were cleared in endgame BECAUSE of these very same sorts of actions. Mentos was put at L-1 by Nick and Omis; we then KNEW that you could NOT be the last scum because YOU DIDN'T HAMMER. How many times have I said that here? I've made my motivation for my self-voting abundantly clear. That you miss it given your personal history is very telling indeed.

You believe that this is LYLO, correct? Then why are you trying to get yourself lynched? It seems like you're just using a whole bunch of WIFOM here.
This IS LYLO, scum. Whatever the Mod says, is, regardless of the accuracy of his words. Once his foolish ruling was made, I stopped supporting my own lynch. It does not need to be stated, because it is intuitively obvious. No, that's not quite right, it should not NEED to be stated.

Providing PROOF that everyone that isn't you or me isn't scum isn't WIFOM, it's cold, hard fact. You COULD have said that I was just trying to do this to garner support, but no, you are trying to dismiss my actions as irrelevencies. Why?

You're deliberately limiting my options here.
...And? Was there a purpose to this statement?

Also, Self-meta means next to nothing.
You are using meta as the basis for your suspicion of me, and ONLY meta, regardless of what you say. You SAY "actions Cello has taken in this game are scummy", but they are only scummy FOR ME, which is META.

I am correcting your erroneous meta. If you want to try to use meta AT ALL, then be ACCURATE. If you believe that what I am saying is inaccurate, PROVIDE PROOF TO THAT EFFECT. You will fail.

@J: KevinM still needs to be cleared to me, please and thanks! ^_^
And how shall we go about this? I thought you believed my actions to be "nonsense" and "a bunch of WIFOM".

By itself it's a pretty null action. However, since Cello is the scummiest person in the game, I'm going to assume scum intent behind it. Again, it seems like the deliberate creation of WIFOM (mafia would never do that.).
I said I was mafia to goad Ranmaru into voting for me to prove a point. That should be contextually obvious to anyone that doesn't have a steaming pile of monkey **** for a brain.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I think this has already been answered, but you are right about your scenario, where mislynch then lynching correctly leaves us at 1 v. 1. But that means Day would end in deadlock, and Mafia still gets their night kill leaving 1 mafia still on the guillotine but the entire town dead.
The Day ending in deadlock should STILL end with the scum dying GOING INTO Night, so the Mafia SHOULDN'T get their NK. Because he should be DEAD.

But, this doesn't matter, because like "natural action resolution", rules and definitions get thrown out whenever the mod is having his period or whatever.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Cello, I heard you claimed Day cop and Swiss claimed miller, so you had to then claim cop. That was why you were lynched in Celeb.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Nippon Votecount (4/6)

J (0):
Ranmaru (0):
July (0):
Sworddancer. (1): Cello
Cello_Marl (1): Sworddancer
KevinM (0):

Not Voting (4): J, Ranmaru, July, KevinM

I WENT quiet in Celebrity Mafia, and despite being AN UNCOUNTERCLAIMED COP, my meta was SO strong that I was lynched anyway

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Swords.

I liked her contributions. Her case on J was forced, though. She scum hunted a bit on smarg, which I didn't feel was scummy at that point.

I could be biased, could you help with explaining why she may be a possibility?

July

Smash Apprentice
@Cello: There was a lot of stuff going on in Celebrity Mafia, your lynch was highly related to meta as well as Swiss's miller claim. But even if we take meta out of the picture, in this game your play Day 3 was scummy (and at points just confusing) and that is why you are on the chopping block with Swords toDay.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I'd love to hear Swords talk about that. Really, I'd like to hear him talking about anything.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'd love to hear Swords talk about that. Really, I'd like to hear him talking about anything.
I can agree with you on that.

@July: What are your scum picks toDay? Why?

Will you vote for someone?

July

Smash Apprentice
@Ran: My scum picks toDay are Swords and Cello. I said this yesterDay but on a Smarg scum flip that only leaves Cello, Swords, and Kevin as possible scum from my pov. Kevin has been weird toDay and pushing how we should just see him as confirmed town, which makes me a little less sure of him but all things considered Swords and Cello are still scummier. Swords was very sketchy in terms of activity and his interactions Day 2 (such as telling Ryker they "got Gord" and now let's get Smarg) give me a very bad feeling.

Yes, of course I will vote before deadline, but I said I'm willing to follow J and I'm willing to follow this (as in the the bolded part about not voting yet):

July/Ran/KevinM - Read all of these posts and get back to me. Maybe you'll join me or do I have to convince ya even more then these isolated posts should? ;) DO NOT VOTE till I say. Grr angry face.

#HBC | Dancer

July said:
And it gave me a really, really bad feeling. The part where he appeals to Ryker, the most widely considered town person at that point. The fact that he says "we got Gord" which is really scummy wording to me.
We reread the rest of his posts though after I get done catching up, but wanted to throw that out there.
On Day 1, Ryker told me to vote Gord, and then we would go after Smarg. I was referring to that.

#HBC | Dancer

About me being a "non-presence" this game

Listin, guys, I have to apolize because I haven't been as active this game as I know I should have. I haven't been active hunting scum like a should have and I know that it's my bad. All I can really say is that I haven't been interested in this game for whatever reason. Everytime I post in this game it feels more like I'm doing homework than playing a game. There's always something that comes up before I post that I'm more interested in before I post anything. So yeah, I'mn sorry about all of this. =/

But please, please don't lynch me. If this game is lynched over me I'm gonna feel like **** for losing it to everyone and I hate that feeling. Yes I can hear you guys call AtE right now, but realize that anyone generally feels bad when they do bad.

Cello I'll get to you later tonight.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hmmm what to think, what to think.

See i'd buy that more if you weren't posting more in other games at the same time when we are in a more crucial situation.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Listin, guys, I have to apolize because I haven't been as active this game as I know I should have. I haven't been active hunting scum like a should have and I know that it's my bad. All I can really say is that I haven't been interested in this game for whatever reason. Everytime I post in this game it feels more like I'm doing homework than playing a game. There's always something that comes up before I post that I'm more interested in before I post anything. So yeah, I'mn sorry about all of this. =/

But please, please don't lynch me. If this game is lynched over me I'm gonna feel like **** for losing it to everyone and I hate that feeling. Yes I can hear you guys call AtE right now, but realize that anyone generally feels bad when they do bad.

Cello I'll get to you later tonight.
Hmmm, well I don't know. I have learned and been punished for my mistakes, why should you be looked over for inactivity, when not much pressure was being thrown at you?

Also, instead of pleading us not to lynch you, why don't you scumhunt on who you think is scum?

If you are townie, you'd do that.

Hmmm what to think, what to think.

See i'd buy that more if you weren't posting more in other games at the same time when we are in a more crucial situation.
I think it depends on which game. Although, I'd say that this was an easy game to post in, rather than others. So I don't think he should use that as an excuse, it's not like he was under pressure all game or something.

Also J I'll get back to you with those posts, I was very busy with school work, and I should be free now whooo.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Just to be fair,

Do not put any person at L-1 range EVER. Kindof self-explanatory but with what we've had this game this must be stressed.

#HBC | Dancer

This meta is no longer applicable. I was quiet in Celebrity Mafia, and was Town. No, that's not quite right. I WENT quiet in Celebrity Mafia, and despite being AN UNCOUNTERCLAIMED COP, my meta was SO strong that I was lynched anyway. In fact, I was fairly vocal, went quiet, then because surly and vocal again. Sound familiar?

Why are you relying on meta to such an extreme, especially only that which can be portrayed as negative while ignoring the EXTREME flurries of activity that I showed here? Is it not my meta to be extremely active? Was I NOT extremely active, at first?
Yes, you were extremly active at first, I cannot deney that. However, you were stil inactive for about 40% of the game. That's a big strike against you, and I simply cannot discredit that. I cannot speak for Celebrity mafia, expect for the fact that it's one isolated incident. Anyone can point to one time that they were town and did something anti-town and where town. Doesn't mean we should discredit their anti-towniness. This is why I believe self-meta
means next to nothing.

Your activity now could be explined from you being in the lime light, so that also have to consider that.

Still though I will take into consideration that you have been more active, and that does make me feel slightly better about you.

You are limiting your opinions to negative ones because I CAN and have shown the desire to limit the possible scum to you and me. Your interest is clearly in portraying others as scum rather than determining who
IS scum.
How have you've determined that I'm simply trying to protray others as scum?

This is not true. Again, perhaps I haven't been as active this game as I should have, I'll admit that. I haven't been actively hunting and I'm sorry. But I've been trying to do my part to help. I've been forming thoeries, asking questions, I helped lynch Smarg (yes, it could be a bus, but it still happened). There are several ways I have determined that you are scummy, which I'll post at the end of this post.

Why, if I were scum, did I limit the possible scum to just us? Why, if I were scum, would I have ACTIVELY suggested that we lynch smargaret then myself and go on to provide support for that position? You're going
to cry WIFOM, but these are still actions taken. How, given my OWN meta, would this have ACTUALLY improved my chances as scum?
ToDay, you would want to limit the options to just me and you because that's all you need now, a Sword lynch.

YesturDay, you DIDN'T really even offer yourself to be the lynch. You told people to vote you, you DID NOT actually believe you should be lynched. Look at your 1488. When people suggested that you should of been lynched yesturDay, you lashed out against them. Almost all of yesturDay, you yourself were pushing for a Ran lynch. So you are simplying lying here.

The second time you voted yourself yesturDay you unvoted yourself extremly quickly. So you cleared the idea of a J/Ran team. That's good, but it acomplished next to nothing, it just cleared a team possibility. It's a deceptively shallow action.

You know as well as I do that scum will deliberately decrease the changes of them winning to make themselves look more protown, so don't pretend otherwise. That's nearly completly null, it hardly gives you as many townie points as you think it does.

YesterDay or toDay? Doesn't matter since the motivation is the same. You can appreciate that I was staring death in the face, can't you? You had to support your position for voting for smargaret in the face of a confirmed Town who was willing to force a "NL" to force MY lynch. Not that you really did. You voted for Ranmaru because it was safe to do so (for Town as a whole), just as you had voted for smargaret previously, the entire
time talking of how it was guaranteed to catch scum, rather than a solid stance on either.
YesturDay. Yes, I can appreciate the fact that you voted yourself, although I'm still skeptical of you interior motive for doing so (see above).

Pretty sure I was fine with Smarg going, and that I took a pretty solid stance on her. However, is me not being willing to risk the whole game on Ran really a bad thing? There's a difference between playing smart and playing just safe.

It is interesting that you call my actions "nonsense". In Tree Stump, YOU were cleared in endgame BECAUSE of these very same sorts of actions. Mentos was put at L-1 by Nick and Omis; we then KNEW that you could NOT be the last scum because YOU DIDN'T HAMMER. How many times have I said that here? I've made my motivation for my self-voting abundantly clear. That you miss it given your personal history is very telling
indeed.
I didn't need to be in Tree Stump to know that someone not hammering immediatly in LYLO clears them. My personnal history has nothing to do with this.

YesturDay, you're actions would not of cleared anyone. Scum wasn't going to hammer you, because it would make them look suspicious. Also, since Smarg was on the Guilliotine it wouldn't of won them the game. You're actions were indeed nonsense and added nothing to the game, except murked it up.

You voting yourself toDay does indeed sound rather dumb for scum to do, I'll give you that. But I doubt you would of actually gone through with it. A lot of the time you haven't, and after voting yourself have gotten quite angry when others actually think to lynch you.

This IS LYLO, scum. Whatever the Mod says, is, regardless of the accuracy of his words. Once his foolish ruling was made, I stopped supporting my own lynch. It does not need to be stated, because it is
intuitively obvious. No, that's not quite right, it should not NEED to be stated.
Okay, I got my math wrong. I'm sorry about that. Not every post needs to be on cue.

Providing PROOF that everyone that isn't you or me isn't scum isn't WIFOM, it's cold, hard fact. You COULD have said that I was just trying to do this to garner support, but no, you are trying to dismiss my actions as irrelevencies. Why?
What proove have you provided though?

Also, how are you so confident that one of us is scum? Actually, I see it less likely that a townie would do what you did. A townie would more likely be less confident in placing faith that so many people were not scum, even if they had townie reads on all of them. Scum, however, in LYLO would be a bit more confident (although it is pretty ballsy, I will admit) that town wouldn't prematuraly hammer them.

Think about the position that a scum Cello is in. Scum Cello is already being gunned for. However, so am I, so why shouldn't scum Cello make make the case between us?

That's percisely why it's WIFOM. It leaves everything up to a cointoss. Cello's actions haven't determined that I'm scum, they just determined that I could be scum.

...And? Was there a purpose to this statement?
The purpose of my statments is to show that you were trying to shut down the option of me using something that was scummy against you.

You are using meta as the basis for your suspicion of me, and ONLY meta, regardless of what you say. You SAY "actions Cello has taken in this game are scummy", but they are only scummy FOR ME, which is META.
I'm a bit confused as to what you're accusing me of here. Are you saying that I've only used meta against you? If so, then that's simply wrong. Not only meta, but I've already accused you of using WIFOM and playing in a style that simply does not make sense. There's also more were that came from (again, see bottem of post).

I am correcting your erroneous meta. If you want to try to use meta AT ALL, then be ACCURATE. If you believe that what I am saying is inaccurate, PROVIDE PROOF TO THAT EFFECT. You will fail.
How do you suppose I go about prooving meta? Meta is something which people just know. Usually people ignore it, but in your case it's pretty damning.

Again though, I'll let up on this point about meta since you have indeed gotten better as the game went on.

And how shall we go about this? I thought you believed my actions to be "nonsense" and "a bunch of WIFOM".
I was talking to J there, who seemed to have a town read on KevinM at that point. J wanted me to "duke it out with Cello (and here I am)", and I was asking J why someone like KevinM shouldn't be considered. I wasn't asking it of you.

Btw J did answer this, I just missed it.

I said I was mafia to goad Ranmaru into voting for me to prove a point. That should be contextually obvious to anyone that doesn't have a steaming pile of monkey **** for a brain.
What solid point were you trying to proove though? That a team possibility couldn't exist?

---

Cello, let me turn the tables on you now.

You have accused me as simply trying to protray others as scum. However, you're the the one who has been stuck on a few select people this game. You're the one who gets it into your mind that someone just MUST be scum, no matter what evidence there is to the contray. You have pushed some bad ideas this game, just as how Ran was scum over Smarg, or how how J was scum if Ran was town. None of this did anything, but distract us,
and nothing successful came out of it. Now though, you're accusing me of being the one to simply protray others as scum, when you have been doing it all game.

I mean, you have simply been WRONG about so many things this game. You were wrong about Smarg early on, you were wrong about Ran (I was to, but you seem to be staking yourself on this), and you've tried to form connections which didn't make sense. Cello, I know you're hard headed but I also know you're smarter than this. You've been wrong so often and yet have an unsettling confidence. Trying to proove others are not scum is
indeed usually something that is protown, but in the situation that you are in it's perfectly okay for scum to do.

Cello, perhaps I was a bit too hard on you for meta (although I still hold that it's sketchy for you). Also, there were several points were, even if you weren't using WIFOM, it still doesn't amount to much (yesturDay self-voting, for example). You're play has been bad, and you have not accomplished as much as you think.

#HBC | Dancer

Sorry that post took longer than I thought it would.

@J: The reason I'm posting in those other games is because those other games are fun for me. Just how you might have an easy time posting in one game cause you're having having fun, you might also have a harder time posting in another game because you're not having fun. Surely you can understand this.

@Ran: Because mistakes happen. I know what I'm offering up might be hard to buy, but please just trust me on this one.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Guys, let's figure this out. Why did Smarg always give passes to Cello vote hopping, etc. Why did she think wagoning was ok?

Has she had the same thoughts before? (I'm thinking of whether Cello or someone experienced could have been partnered with her)

Top Bottom