• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Believe me, Wolf does NOT look like a werewolf. For being an evil villain/rival, he's quite well groomed lol

He basically looks the same as he does in 64, with some costume modification (like Fox).

Joka

Smash Journeyman
The one thing strange about that blog is the title: "Leaking is fun".

Not sure. It's just that title. It makes him seem like some kid that was bored one day and made a fake leak---for fun.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
by saying how many assist trophies there were going to be, and then serebii said there's ALOT of pokemon, meaning way too many assist trophies.

then again, there could be more going into this game then anyone could have anticipated.
I would wager that the latter is true. The one thing that I really love about Smash is that it's a tribute to all things Nintendo. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see over 100 Assist Trophies at the very least.

Well, I'm expecting more than 75 Assist Trophies, so I believe almightygoat.

Sector Z I think might kill some prophets, but I forgot which ones. The GameFAQ posts for nin10dough & Vatro Xu were deleted :/

However, it doesn't kill Rapscouter, who DID say that 6 of his points were lies. Sector Z is just Corneria with a different background...unless that is part of his 1/2 64-1/3 Melee thing? (Corneria could be considered Sector Z with better graohics...)
No, Sector Z was WAYYYY bigger than Corneria. We have deconfirmed at least one of Rapscouter's statements...only two more. ;)

Sakurai implies on the Melee site that he doesn't like the notion of clones ("we ran out of time, and I am so sorry these do not feel like full characters"), but not once does he actually come out and say "NO CLONES." Frankly, I figure we'll still get a few clones in the final roster. Just to beef up numbers like last time.

And the reason almightygoat screwed himself is because that's an insane number of Assists. 95?! That's ridiculous. I can't even come up with that many without delving into crap like Paragoomba, Bob-omb Buddy, or Rito Mailman. C'mon. That's just stupid. If anything we'll get 50, TOPS. Thus far we have like... 20 something. I can see 30 more, but that'd be it. As for Pokemon, I can see somewhere in a similar range.

btw, Rapscouter has yet to add his update today and it makes me sad :urg:
A few clones would be acceptable, but the fewer, the better.

Remember: Assist Trophies are from ALL Nintendo series EVER--some long forgotten, some only newly created, and everything in between. It's very likely that we see over 100 ATs, in my opinion.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Remember: Assist Trophies are from ALL Nintendo series EVER--some long forgotten, some only newly created, and everything in between. It's very likely that we see over 100 ATs, in my opinion.

I'm inclined to agree, considering you could probably fill up 100 assist trophies with Fire Emblem characters alone.

Maybe it's not smart to start being swept up by this, but that little side comment Sakurai made on today's update really made me think we're gonna be totally blown away when we finally see what is in the game.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I say...don't rule out FForceSultan just yet, since he might end up being right with all his wacky "leaks." He lists Mother Brain as a Boss (which means Ridley is playable = chances higher) :D

Also, all the ATs he mentioned seem likely as a number of them are part of Nintendo history. Though, Alice from Balloon Kid is kinda weird.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised that so little people knew about the pink haired Link the the Past Link. It's a pretty popular title, but I would expect Fierce Diety Link as an alternate over a pink haired link. He's far more bad *** and cool looking, but the whole "only Wario" thing leaves little hope.

Keep on bring the prophets! The almightygoat seems pretty believable. I'm inclined to think that there will be a good (40+) number of ATs. I found nothing worse in Melee than pulling out the same Pokemon over and over again. For ATs and Pokeballs, I think quantity over quality, within reason. Ten ATs who slash and dash isn't my bag though.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I can't understand why some people look at today's update and go "The 1/2 from 64 and 1/3 from Melee leak is one of the false three (six)" - the update doesn't say that the ones shown is all of it, right?

"There was already an entry detailing how we’ve brought back some of the stages from Super Smash Bros. Melee...

So here are some more stages that can also be played in Super Smash Bros. Brawl!"

How is the above explicit about there being no 64 stages/no more Melee stages? Suggestive of that notion at most, I say...

Side Note: We will soon need to make a thread solely intended for keeping track of the Prophets. I'm afraid I don't want to do it but me and others would really appreciate it. I am afraid the rumor thread isn't perfectly suited for prophets seeing as rumors include many non-prophet/leak debates such as Krystal's voice actor etc. Thoughts?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
That wasn't debunked by any means. In fact, we still have 2-3 stages left to confirm (if u count Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Island and Dream Land) from Melee, as well as 4-5 stages from SSB64.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
"There are 4 3rd party characters. One uses his literally head."

One uses his literally head? The terrible grammar is enough reason to discount this, but besides that, what character attacks with his head?:laugh:
Sukapon?

LOL

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, to those talking about Clone, this is what Chrono came up with in another thread.
Actually, clones were put into Melee due to Sakurai having extra time.

It's a big misconception that clones were due to Sakurai not having enough time. It was actually do to him having EXTRA time. As the journal translation says, Sakurai unintentionally reached the number of characters he did. If it was unintentional, obviously he didn't have a number that he was required to reach.

He discusses this in the old Melee site in some of the clone's (or as he calls them "Model switch characters") profiles why they were chosen for Brawl. Star Fox was popular at the time, so he threw in Falco; He liked the Dr. Mario music so he threw in Dr. Mario; The team noticed that Ganondorf had similar body proportions to Captain Falcon and was popular so he put him in. It did not have to do with a lack of time. Feel free to read about it here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/so...character.html

Thanks to Zoo-bellocks for pointing this out.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, though...we're almost guaranteed to have a WTF character, and I think Alice from Balloon Kid would actually make a lot of sense. I still don't believe that leak, but I wouldn't rule it out for that reason.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Neither would I. Also, Sakurai may be trying to conceal a few alt. color schemes, such as Link to the Past Link, which could be considered a color scheme with enhancements (like Blood Shadow Falcon & Daisy Peach in Melee).

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
Well I definatly hope that the rumor about there being more then 10 hours of Subspace and more characters the imaginable and more third parties

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@Serebii:Sadly, without any kind of hard proof, you still have to sit in the prophet bus. I'm not trying to be mean(spelling?) but it's the way things are. I have explained why I can't trust you more then anyone else. Everyone and their grandma has Brawl info, and while you are certainly more credible then most, it can't be taken as fact. I do agree with Flip though that you haven't truly trolled, so that is defiantly a redeeming quality.

Also, the low blow was not the one you mentioned. I'll just stop there since I think it is better not to say.

@Flip:(The Amazinggoat thing) Oh ho. Maybe he is a troll. Of course, I won't say just yet. We'll see though. Of course, it might not be either of these guys. Would someone who has Brawl info drop so many hints and hard info on a tight lipped game.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
@Serebii:Sadly, without any kind of hard proof, you still have to sit in the prophet bus. I'm not trying to be mean(spelling?) but it's the way things are. I have explained why I can't trust you more then anyone else. Everyone and their grandma has Brawl info, and while you are certainly more credible then most, it can't be taken as fact. I do agree with Flip though that you haven't truly trolled, so that is defiantly a redeeming quality.

Also, the low blow was not the one you mentioned. I'll just stop there since I think it is better not to say.

@Flip:(The Amazinggoat thing) Oh ho. Maybe he is a troll. Of course, I won't say just yet. We'll see though. Of course, it might not be either of these guys. Would someone who has Brawl info drop so many hints and hard info on a tight lipped game.
serebii is a reliable source. He's not a prophet. He had all the English Pokemon names before they were out.

XACE-K

Smash Master
By george, we might have found him. However, wasn't Leon a "good guy" in F-Zero? I heard he was the racer from his failing homeworld or whatever...
I think the prophet meant to say Wolf from the Star Fox series and Leon is a good guy.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Did Rapscouter come back today? I'm only interested in hearing what he has to say.

And Sukapon seems logical, but I don't know if he's third party or not. Either way, he'd be AWESOME.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Someone claims to have played the demo.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40648582

Hello Gamefaqs.
I happily announce that I have had the privilege to be able to play a small demo of Brawl! It had featured most of the characters and stages from the Dojo!! website. I am here to say some of my impessions from it. Sadly, Nintendo hadn't wanted anything spoiled, so no, I do not have much new information. Sorry.

But anyway, I know that most of the characters have already been played at the Entertainment-for-All expo, so I will focas on the characters that were not at E-for-All. Mainly I will focas on Pokemon Trainer because of his stamina system which I want to explain in detail. Also, for some reason neither third-pary character (Sonic and Snake) were playable, I'm not sure why.

First up, Wario.
I was actually kind of disappointed with Wario. Mainly because I don't think farting attacks reprsent Wario's character very well, but whatever. His bike seems like a cooler looking Yoshi egg roll, and it doesn't do much damage. But if you run into something it will break into pieces, you can then throw those pieces in order to break them into smaller pieces, it's pretty cool. His Down-B fart move is a pretty useless attack unless it's charged, which takes a while. I learned quickly not to use this move. His Up-B is where he just kind of spins around in the air. It does a little damage, but nothing spectacular. His Neutral-B is a bite attack. You can eat characters and spit them out. I think I was also able to eat an item once.
All in all, Wario's a slow, strong character, and I don't think I'll want to play as him (personally, you may love him).

Next, Lucas.
Playing Lucas made me feel like I was playing a more powerful version of Ness. I don't care if Ness is out, Lucas is a good replacement. All of his special moves feel pretty similar to Ness', execpt that his "PK-Freeze" attack is much better than Ness' "PK-Flash. It's actually useful. Lucas' normal attacks, though, are quite different than Ness', as well as his smashes. I don't think there's much more to post about him, just think of a better Ness.

Next DDD.
King DDD, to me, felt like an odd character to play as because even though he's a strong, heavyweight character, he can jump up to four times balloon style! My one disappointment with DDD was his Neutral-B where he would suck characters in, and then spit them back out in the same direction with decent knockback. This is a disapointment for two reasons. One, you can only spit the character out in one direction. Try as I might, but I wasn't able to spit characters out any other way. Second, it makes an unstoppable edgeguard which is really annoying for the other player. Other than that little misstep, DDD is pretty good and I look forward to playing him in the real game.

Next, the Ice Climbers.
Hmm, don't really know what to say with them. They're pretty much the same as in Melee, the only difference I was able to find was that their Down-B had been buffed. Sorry, don't know what to say with them.

Next, Zelda.
Yup, this is a biggie everyone expects. Shiek is Zelda's Down-B! Of course, who doubted it. I am happy to say that Zelda's speed has received a noticable upgrade. She's still slow, but it'snot nearly as bad as Melee. I am also happy to say that Shiek has been nerfed, but not nearly as much as I expected. Shiek seems to have lost her killing moves though, which Zelda seems to have a lot of. I think the best way to use them now is to damage with Shiek and kill with Zelda, which actually they were trying to do with Melee.

Ran out of room, look at next post.

Saiwao
Posted 1/7/2008 9:47:32 PM
message detail Finally, Pokemon Trainer.
The Pokemon Trainer is a very interesting and fun character to play as, and it was the character that I tried first when I got my hand on the demo. Pokemon Trainer seems like a pretty good character, though confusing at first because of PT's stamina system, which you have to get used to. What happens is there is a stamina bar below your percentage meter (it has nothing to do with it though) which acts like a timer. When you start a match it will be full and then start slowly going down. The best part to swich Pokemon is when the stamina is in the middle, yellow area. When Pokemon go back into their Pokeball they will slowly gain back the stamina they lost. If you swich out too early then the next Pokemon will not have had enough time to fully recover and thus you will have less time to use the Pokemon. On the other hand, if you switch out late then the next time you use the Pokemon you will find that the Pokemon didn't recover all their helth. Keep in mind though, the stamina bar doesn't effect the Pokemon's fighting strength, but instead how long it takes before the Pokemon "Feints", so you want to keep switching Pokemon in order to keep that from happening. If a Pokemon Feints then they will be stunned for a couple of seconds before being returned. This obviously gives a good chance for the oppenent to attack you. Personally, I thought that the stamina went down a little too fast but Nintendo says you can choose how fast you want it to be on the character select screen, which is good. As a side note to all this, the Pokemon Trainer talks in the game, which kind of get annoying. Thankfully, he doesn't call out attacks but instead says stuff like: "Return!". "Go ______!" "Your foe's weak!" and when you do his Final Smash: "Take that! Triple Finish!".

I'm running out of time, so I'll post some of my stage and item impressions later. Sorry.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Wow, you guys lagging on the Link to the Past thing made me die a little inside :ohwell:
I want to spoil little things in the game and not everything.
Alright...

I've played the completed english version.
Hurray for you.

It wasn't for testing or a guide.
O RLY?

It was only by chance to see my reactions.
..what nice friends you have.

Link + Pit VS Mother Brain
Believable. She's in some stages, we've seen Link in Norfair, and a Pit/Link combo is feasible.

Ness + Lucas VS Mech Spider Guy "Porky" who Ness calls "Pokey"
At least one other leaker says this happens as well, and a few "confirm" Ness's return. At least he got the naming right as far as Ness is concerned, AMIRITE?

Yoshi + Link VS Big Bad Wolf/Werewolf looking guy
The dude from the Game and Watch game Egg?! That would be so kickass! :laugh: But seriously, probably an original boss if this IS in the game. Oh, and we know Link and Yoshi team up, so that checks out.

Ness is slightly older looking and taller.
In context to Lucas, this makes sense. A strange choice, but it makes sense. It may seem weird in Smash, though, to age Ness between games.

MANY stages. LOTS of music. Sakurai has hinted this mutliple times in his post on the DoJo.
Considering he just slammed us with 5 more Melee stages, I believe it.

Link has a unlockable costume - (Pink Hair and big golden shield)
Wooo Link to the Past! They finally added music from the game (including my fave, the Dark World), so I can see this happening. But it being an unlockable costume? Not even worth it. Can't buy this one.

Wario is one of the few characters who have alternate costumes WITHOUT a unlockable costume.
I do, however, agree that some characters get unlockable outfits (Dr. Mario for Mario, for example).

SD card can import custom music. It can also be used with stage builder.
I can't see them doing this. Though the Photo Channel does let you use SD card tracks when viewing albums...

Stage builder has limits which ruins some of the fun.
Believable. I mean, it can't be perfect. It looked like it only had three backdrops, for one.

Porky is a boss in the adventure mode
Duh.

There are 4 3rd party characters. One uses his literally head.
I SOOOOO want this to be Bonk, but he confirms it isn't. ****er. My other guess is Dynamite Headdy, but that was never on a Nintendo console. Klonoa? But those are his ears, not his head. Hmm.. Pac-Man? He's all head.

There are 3rd party items.
I would've expected this. Monitors on the Sonic stage, anyone?

Tetrisphere trophies and music.
I can see it. N64 launch FTW.

There are more composers then listed. There is a reason for this.
No, really? :lick:

There are Super Mario Land 1+2 stages. One has a classic gameboy look.
This would be fantastic, but I don't know if I believe. Wario's Castle would be a fun retro stage for Wario, with the Mario Land stuff all visible in the background. Classic Mushroom Kingdom: Sarasaland just sounds sexy. But again: has Nintendo EVER remembered these two games?

Gameboy camera music and trophy.
I can see it. They loved the hell out of that thing.

Solar Stricker Assist Trophy and music.
Awesome.

One of the new characters uses a tire pump as a weapon. Her final smash is lightning cloud that fires shock balls and lightning stric everywhere.
Alice from Balloon Kid? That's crazy talk...

Pockle - Assist Trophy.
The dude from Giftpia? If that's legit, then I wonder if other "former Square" dudes get their stuff in the game. Brownie Brown and Alpha Dream come to mind...

Machrider - Assist Trophy.
No duh.

Assist trophies are unlockable like trophies are.
I can see this, actually. Some that may be more powerful than others?

Goomba Shoe is the new Mario series item.
So you can jump on heads :chuckle:

There are 2 new Pokemon items.
Rare Candy? Like Rap said? ..o.o

There is a new menu which allows the selection of certain Assist Trophies and Pokemon. Some are not listed because they serve other purposes of unlocking music and trophies.
Oh, this should be in even if the dude's lying. Genius idea.

I will tell you this- The game is about quality and content.
Hurray!

I am done for now.
Mmm... ok

Questions?
Are you Jesus?

Ask me. But I won't answer them all.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
That new GameFaqs guy is clearly lying. A demo with all of them? Fat chance. He's basically playing it safe with info we already know too. (That stamina meter thing though is a lie, if the commercials are anything to go by)

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
Regarding that last Gamefaqs dude...

Personally, I thought that the stamina went down a little too fast but Nintendo says you can choose how fast you want it to be on the character select screen, which is good.
That's a load of crap.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Link's hair WAS NEVER PINK IN ANY GAME...BTW

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Out of all of these guys there was only one that mentioned Namco and that was a guy who said he wasn't a "prophet".

Black/Light

Smash Master
That new GameFaqs guy is clearly lying. A demo with all of them? Fat chance. He's basically playing it safe with info we already know too. (That stamina meter thing though is a lie, if the commercials are anything to go by)
He actually said that not "all of them" where playable but there where some from that where not in our demo (like Wario).

But it soooundds reasonable. . . the PT bar thing is random. I don't see much reason to pay much mind to him either way.

And pink link. . .
http://www.4colorrebellion.net/media/pics/06/02/link_evo.jpg

YSM

Smash Apprentice
"Personally, I thought that the stamina went down a little too fast but Nintendo says you can choose how fast you want it to be on the character select screen, which is good."

Yeah, I was kind of believing him up until this point. That could make PT way too good if you could choose to make it go down really slow.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
"Personally, I thought that the stamina went down a little too fast but Nintendo says you can choose how fast you want it to be on the character select screen, which is good."

Yeah, I was kind of believing him up until this point. That could make PT way too good if you could choose to make it go down really slow.
Maybe the definition of "slow" is different in this case.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
He responds again:

"Oh and there is no stamina bar. You are the weakest link. Goodbye."

Gee, tough crowd here.

"They all share the same damage meter, so they don’t recover from damage during Pokémon Change. But they also have another stat, which you might call stamina.

If you keep fighting with the same Pokémon, or if you change them out too often, it’s not so good for the Pokémon.

If you want to be a good Pokémon Trainer, you’ll need to learn these kinds of ins and outs."

Link:http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/pokemon_trainer.html

But I can't blame you, you guys have gotten an uncountable number of fakes I'm sure.

I know that this is going to make me completely sound like a fake, but I think the Dojo may be editing the pictures until they make the stamina update.

Also:

"he posted a paragraph within 24 seconds? i smell copypasta."

I wrote the whole thing out, then Gamefaqs told me it was too long, so I just cut it from my message and posted it in a new one.

First, why is everyone calling me TC? I'm sure that it stands for something, but I'm never around Gamefaqs so I don't know.

Second:

"Now, you said that Nintendo didn't want you spoiling anything, correct? If so, why would you post that? After all, if the Brawl team wanted us to know about Shiek, they would've updated Zelda's special moves and been done with it, right?

Until you come up with a good counter to this, I don't believe a word of what you say."

Well, for one thing I'm actually not supposed to be posting this, but other than that, Shiek isn't really a spoiler since she was already confirmed in the interview and, come on, who actually doubted Shiek's return?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Hummm, now that I think about it, fainting for a few secs sounds like the most reasonable outcomes of over-use. I mean, it would be surely restarded to have the pokemon's stats get screwed up over time, at that point said pokemon would become useless.
True or not thats a good idea IMO.

Hold up, someone ask Serebii whats up with this. He may be able to "deconfirm" it. (which is all he seems to want to do. . .)

YSM

Smash Apprentice
I believe the stamina part(though I doubt it's visible), what I don't believe is that you can adjust it. The fact that you have three different styles within one character is an advantage, thus Sakurai threw in the necessity to switch to balance that advantage. So why would you be able to adjust it? That's like being able to adjust a character's speed or strength, it's not really fair for the competitors.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Wow.. My bad. I 'remembered' Link having pink hair in LttP, but for some reason I associated it with his Dark World form! ... Yikes! I'm a bit embarrassed by the oversight. Haha, I think his hair was more meant to be red, but it came out pink? Either way. I think that would be an interesting homage to Link. And that customizable menu for the Assist Trophy? Genius indeed. With all the custom stuff Sakurai's implementing, this WOULD be a viable option....

Top Bottom