• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
so NyaseNya was very accurate.

they must be from the future because i don't think even nintendo knew they would delay it again.

D

Deleted member

There goes my dream
I haven't heard he's out either, I just haven't heard him brought up at all. I know very little in the grand scheme of things so if R.O.B. is in maybe you could hope for an AT or something...who knows, I don't. :)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The rumors are entertaining... here's my question..

How come some people are so sure that Mega Man is in? Can we get a link to support any official hint... or is it hypothesis?

Last I heard it was a no go.

http://kotaku.com/337140/inafune-says-no-megaman-in-brawl

My point I guess is that you can't count someone out because they say MegaMan isn' in.
True, because Inafune says he has not been contacted many people assume he is automatically out, even though he said he could still be in and the fact we do not know when this was actually produced. Not to mention, we do not know if he was lying or if Capcom went ahead without his knowledge; so right now it is murky waters when it comes to him.

Recently, Capcom released a poll of 5 answers on a big announcement to be released by the Bionic Commando team, one of them is "Nathan Spencer is in Super Smash Bros. Brawl." Not only does Capcom know about Brawl but they might/want to participate in it like Sega and Konami. So right now nobody can 100% say he is out, but so many people take that avenue regardless. :\

Blue_Kirby

Smash Rookie
Pac-Man would make a weird character to me...
I mean what would his moves be?
You and me both airgemini, however I don't even think that, if we do recieve a Namco character that it's going to be Pac's for the very reason that you mentioned, the moveset capabilities. Seeing as rolling specials seem to be Sonic's domain and the only other moves that come to mind are him biting and punching. If Nintendo does enlist a Namco character to join the Brawl it will likey be Klonoa due to the potential that he has in comparison and some Klonoa supporters are looking at the rumor involving the Japanese(if I remember correctly) voice actress mentioning being a part of a major Nintendo project. I believe Chronobound was the one who mentioned the rumor so he might know more, but I think it might be interesting to follow this story, at least until he is either revealed or decomfirmed by either the dojo or the Japanese public.

Either way I'm pulling for him to make it though to be fair, Namco's got it stacked against them.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Namco, Capcom & Square seem to be the front runners in this for third parties.

Namco: Pacman, Klonoa, Lloyd
Capcom: Megaman, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Ryu
Square: Geno, Black Mage, Chrono, anyone from DW, anyone from FF

Hudson's only up there for Bomberman...they don't really have anyone else iconic enough.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Just to get this thing back on the front page. Sheik has risen from the ashes and thoroughly squashed all prophets saying she wasn't back. That is all.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
they must be from the future because i don't think even nintendo knew they would delay it again.
I think that is why I don't see Nya as crediable. The delay seems sudden. It's probably either for debug or online (which may be why the US's delay is so long). Also, soneone said Nya said no Japan delay, but it happened.

BTW, anyone know why the delay in the US is so long, or has an idea?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Is this thread going to be updated with the confirmation of Lucario,Jigglypuff and Ness due to the Japanese video.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
no, because it isnt a rumor, its fact.
I'll say it's a fact... you can't get any more confirmed than a video from an official Nintendo website itself. Especially since they went and covered it up the sticker features again like before when they realized the sticker information ended up having 3 secret characters on it... really, the cover-up just makes it all the more obvious!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
OK, finally updated it.

I meant to add the Prima one, but I can't seem to find it amounst the post. I'll check my PMs, but if someone will repost it, that'd be great. I also change the Serebii one.

Top Bottom