• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has this been "Deconfirmed" yet?

キャプテン・ファルコン Captain Falcon
クリスタル Krystal
ソニック Sonic
シーク Shiek
ガノンドロフ Great King of Evil (Anon Note: Ganondorf?)
スネーク Snake
マルス Marth
リドリー Ridley
ミュウツー Mewtwo
Mr.ゲーム&ウォッチ Mr. Game & Watch
モデル換え(亜空以外で手に入る) Recombination model (available in a non-empty nitrous) (Anon Note: ???)
ネス Ness
ルイージ Luigi
ルカリオ Lucario
ブラックシャドー Black Shadow

Joka

Smash Journeyman
"*and in case anyone was wondering, geno IS in the game, just not playable. peach randomly pulls him out instead of toad, but if you hit him he explodes hard and does huge damage. "

hahahahahaha why does this guy even bother
Hey, if Peach can pull out Mr. Saturn in Melee, anything is possible.

Black/Light

Smash Master
It basicaly looks like every recent one was debunked for the most part. Rap. . . he can gtfu of here with that 3 lies crap. CZ. . . aint said anything new:ohwell:

Soo, it looks pretty much like the claim before the storm. . . the REAL storm.

Charzonsos

Smash Cadet
@MajinNecro69
Well apparently Shaymin has been confirmed as Pokeball Pokemon. And Ashley, 9 Volt, and Jimmy are part of the WarioWare stage. But I don't know of anymore AT.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Dang...considering I haven't touched forbrawlbattle since he was revealed. I wanted to confirm/deconfirm somebody today :(

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

And he says that this is the roster with all the stages(but he dosen't know some stages names so he described them.)

Mario
Donkey Kong
Wario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Diddy Kong
Samus
Zelda
Pit
Meta Knight
Bowser
Yoshi
Peach
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Ice Climbers
Pikmin & Olimar
Lucas
King Dedede
Sonic
Snake
Mr. Game and Watch
Captain Falcon
Ness
Wolf
Mewtwo
Bowser Jr.
Luigi
Marth
Animal Crosser
Mii
Jigglypuff
K. Rool
Falco
Eliwood
Ridley
Krystal
Sukapon
Midna
Ganondorf
Black Shadow
Isaac
Geno

I've been looking at the stage selection. can't name them all, so I'll describe some. There's 53 of them.

Delfino Plaza
Maio Circuit
Luigi's Mansion
Some Hill with Stars
Rainbow Ride
Mushroom Kingdom I (Redisigned)
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi Story
Yoshi's Island (Past)
Pokemon Stadium 2
Some kind of Pokemon Cave. Victory Road, perhaps?
Saffron City
Eldin Bridge
Temple of Time
Hyrule Temple
Hyrule Castle
Halberd
A Kirby Mountain, bears the DDD Emblem.
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland
Rumble Falls
Gangplank Galleon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Some Location in Metroid Prime 2, involves Dark and Light aspects.
Brinstar
Lylat Cruise
Sauria
Corneria
Mute City (Redesigned)
Some F-Zero Level, lots of Lightning.
Big Blue
Castle Siege
Some Fire Emblem Location, looks older.
Some Plains... Bandits occasionally attack.
New Pork City
Some Mother City, it's covered in Neon lights.
Onett
The Summit
Skyworld
Smashville
Impact Site
A red building from Golden Sun
WarioWare
No Idea... loks like some Robot Fighting Arena?
Pictochat
Flatzone
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Battlefield
Final Destination
A new Stage, seems like a blend of Battlefield and Final Destination...

I'll try to find the source.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Just something I thought of: NONE of these rumors address a second Kid Icarus level, something that is inevitable. I think, personally, that's a pretty good indicator of their fakeness. That and including like ten Mario and nine Zelda levels.

Watch. Now that I said that, we get fake stage lists with like... 3 more Kid Icarus stages

Black/Light

Smash Master
Am I the only one who has noticed that the LoZ series nearly NEVER gets a new char in these leaks till recently? I think after Rap said that there will be another LoZ character (in a reply to someone, not as a "update") thats when people started actually adding a newcomer to the series (Midna/ Midna and Wolf Link).

Funny. . .anyway, hopefuly we will get a real 100% true leaker in this coming week. Or atleast have the DoJo keep up with the char news.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I won't believe a leaker until I see a believable picture.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who has noticed that the LoZ series nearly NEVER gets a new char in these leaks till recently? I think after Rap said that there will be another LoZ character (in a reply to someone, not as a "update") thats when people started actually adding a newcomer to the series (Midna/ Midna and Wolf Link).

Funny. . .anyway, hopefuly we will get a real 100% true leaker in this coming week. Or at least have the DoJo keep up with the char news.
The problem is any other zelda rep besides the four in melee are not very central to the plot besides one game the rest besides midna seem more like mini bosses and midna just screams AT. sure a wolf link midna combo would be original but 3 links. um no. however everyone loves zelda so i'm it will get 7 reps for real. so any roster besides that fake. jk /rant

personally sakurai needs a series rep cap. 4 max. with 5 rep only once. like doctor mario melee only please. than a different mario fifth for brawl. thats what i think should happen but i bet people can agree 6 of anything series is to much

Black/Light

Smash Master
The problem is any other zelda rep besides the four in melee are not very central to the plot besides one game the rest besides midna seem more like mini bosses and midna just screams AT. sure a wolf link midna combo would be original but 3 links.
I have to dissagree, I think she screams PC given how unique and outstanding her role in TP was compared to any other Non TF holding character of the series (As in, not Ganon/ Zelda or Link). IMO its like the case is with Bowser Jr. May not be the most important Mario character but the role he has played in the games he has been in is enuff to set him apart from things like "Koopa kids" and include him with the top 4 from that series.

But thats my opinion. I see Midna as the most likely LoZ newcomer and even tho I do think that they shouldn't just add chars to a series willy-dilly I do think that the LoZ series should and will be expanded to include a direct char from the most focused on LoZ game in brawl. Much like BJ which SS being the Mario game of focus.

Plus, theres 6 playable pokemon in brawl if you take Mew2 being replaced by Lucario. . . one new LoZ char doesn't seem to out there to me.:p

But anyways, we will see sometime this week hopefully. Till then Im only focusing on Pics. . . no pic no cred at this point.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
BUMP

Also, ShadowXOR is currently defending himself on Gamefaqs. They're tearing him to shreds, and all he said was that ROB was a new character :/

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
NyaseNya could actually be somewhat credible. He stated that there would be another delay.

Black/Light

Smash Master
NyaseNya could actually be somewhat credible. He stated that there would be another delay.
And the sh** comes up. Nya said there would also be no Japan delay so she was wrong there.

"But one week isn't much, it could have been last min" screw that, one month could have also been last min. It's not Nintendo's style to delay a game one month. . .3+ or "TBA" is what we always seem to get with Nintendo delays. I can't see one reason for this US delay other than translations. If they plained for this back in early dec than it wouldn't have updated this late imo.

F***, now we have to go yet another week of "is this leaker a fake or a real one" BS! Sakurai is really trying to see how much blood can spill because of a delay. . .

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
BUMP

Also, ShadowXOR is currently defending himself on Gamefaqs. They're tearing him to shreds, and all he said was that ROB was a new character :/
Can you please provide a link to this topic? ShadowXOR is an aquaintance of mine, and I myself am a powerful individual on GameFAQs. I will lay the hurt stick on these people, if they are indeed tearing Shadow apart.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WHile that list sucks...no matter how realistic it its

You do realize that ROB was made before the SSE was even thought of, right?

...and his important contribution to Nintendo...especially Nintendo of America?

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
And the sh** comes up. Nya said there would also be no Japan delay so she was wrong there.

"But one week isn't much, it could have been last min" screw that, one month could have also been last min. It's not Nintendo's style to delay a game one month. . .3+ or "TBA" is what we always seem to get with Nintendo delays. I can't see one reason for this US delay other than translations. If they plained for this back in early dec than it wouldn't have updated this late imo.

F***, now we have to go yet another week of "is this leaker a fake or a real one" BS! Sakurai is really trying to see how much blood can spill because of a delay. . .
Thanks for clarifying then. I only got to see what remains were left, so to speak, since the thread's original post was pretty much wiped clean.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Um, so how come I see no mention of ShadowXOR in this or the Leak Index thread? Can someone give us a link to his thread where he makes his claims?

Black/Light

Smash Master
New one.
http://ultimatex64.blogspot.com/
(Posting this for Serebii to comment on. He talks about your fav lil blue mut ;))

Well it's no surprise now that the game is now delayed, but rest easy as the game will certainly not be delayed again. Especially with the Japanese release so soon, the localization team will not need more than one month to put on final touches and to put the game into production. To help ease the pain of the terrible news of the delay, I bring you a summary of new information I have learned so far about the game:

-Lucario from the recent Pokemon Diamond and Pearl games will be a new playable character. He controls sort of like a mix between Fox and Falco from Melee. Imagine Fox with the way he jumps and his dash attack and other aerials, but a little slower running speed like Falco. Two of his special moves will be aura sphere and bone rush.

-Not to flood the game with playable Pokemon characters, Mewtwo has been removed from the roster, but will however play a role in the Subspace Emissary. It is unsure yet if he is a boss or not. Jigglypuff however will be returning.

-Geno will make an appearance in the game as a playable character. His level in Brawl will be Star Road, however since Star Road was never seen in Super Mario RPG (only Star Hill was), it will be designed from what was seen in Super Mario World, with elements from Super Mario RPG added such as enemies from the game running around. Going back to how Smithy destroyed Star Road in Super Mario RPG, he will be a boss battle in the SSE.

-In the Subspace Emissary you won't only play the good side of story with characters such as Mario and Pit, but you will also play an evil side of characters teaming with the Subspace Army such as Bowser and Wario. Another one of the evil characters that you play in the SSE and who is also playable in all other modes is Ganondorf. I would also like to mention that Ganondorf's Final Smash has to do with transforming into Ganon.

Posted by UltimateX64 at 8:00 AM 0 comments
He also said taht Nya is wrong/ lieing. That theres more than 35 chars/ the dics aint duel layed, "Smithy as SSE boss" but Mega Man still aint in brawl on the leak topic.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=135778&page=65

D

Deleted member

Can you please provide a link to this topic? ShadowXOR is an aquaintance of mine, and I myself am a powerful individual on GameFAQs. I will lay the hurt stick on these people, if they are indeed tearing Shadow apart.
Thanks for the support, I'm not sure if you posted in it or not but the thread was here:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40775407

I gave them plenty of info, they didn't want to believe it so I closed the thread. No point in wasting more of my time or letting more people there see the info if they were just going to hate. :laugh:

I took a screenshot of the thread so that I can post it after release. :)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Thanks for the support, I'm not sure if you posted in it or not but the thread was here:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40775407

I gave them plenty of info, they didn't want to believe it so I closed the thread. No point in wasting more of my time or letting more people there see the info if they were just going to hate. :laugh:

I took a screenshot of the thread so that I can post it after release. :)
Ok. . .do you at least know if this PC R.O.B looks different/ up dated to a more fighter like model or looks just like the SSE one?

icymatt

Smash Lord
Awwwwww...I want to believe ROB is a playable character, but I refuse to believe they'd waste time and space for Ness.

:<

D

Deleted member

Ok. . .do you at least know if this PC R.O.B looks different/ up dated to a more fighter like model or looks just like the SSE one?
I don't know but I sure as hell hope that R.O.B. gets an updated character model because the SSE ones look too simple in my opinion.

Just to set the record straight I don't work at Nintendo but know people that do. They told me about PK Starstorm before it was announced on the Dojo and haven't lied to me yet so I have no reason to disbelieve them. I questioned them about R.O.B. because he was already in SSE but they insisted he is playable, so I'm just reporting what I've heard.

I know for a FACT that they were working on Brawl (they have since moved to another project). They of course could be making this up or confused, but I seriously doubt that since as I said, they revealed other true information to me before the Dojo did. Believe it if you want, but you sure don't have to! Seems a lot of people weren't up to date on what I said and there was a lot of confusion. And for the record all I said was that Ness, Captain Falcon, and Marth are back while R.O.B. is a newcomer.

Enjoy the info or ignore it, the choice is yours and yours alone. Good luck.

Tachita

Smash Cadet
I can't believe it how all of us rejected any rumor that stated that there would be another delay,and now look at us
I'm talking specifically about the retail stores dates

XACE-K

Smash Master
I can't believe it how all of us rejected any rumor that stated that there would be another delay,and now look at us
I'm talking specifically about the retail stores dates
It was because we were so close to the release date that nobody thought it would happen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know but I sure as hell hope that R.O.B. gets an updated character model because the SSE ones look too simple in my opinion.

Just to set the record straight I don't work at Nintendo but know people that do. They told me about PK Starstorm before it was announced on the Dojo and haven't lied to me yet so I have no reason to disbelieve them. I questioned them about R.O.B. because he was already in SSE but they insisted he is playable, so I'm just reporting what I've heard.

I know for a FACT that they were working on Brawl (they have since moved to another project). They of course could be making this up or confused, but I seriously doubt that since as I said, they revealed other true information to me before the Dojo did. Believe it if you want, but you sure don't have to! Seems a lot of people weren't up to date on what I said and there was a lot of confusion. And for the record all I said was that Ness, Captain Falcon, and Marth are back while R.O.B. is a newcomer.

Enjoy the info or ignore it, the choice is yours and yours alone. Good luck.

Do you happen to know anything about a Professor Hector (Character from Gyromite - The creator of R.O.B.) associated with this R.O.B. in any way?

Top Bottom