• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
*nods to MajinNecro69* ...Yes. I know. I'm not sure if he's just ignoring that or what. The reason Serebii is irking me is because not because he's not revealing his sources or providing proof, he's just not providing any minimal explanation. A simple. "Character missing, or Character present who shouldn't be." Would suffice in his debunking. Since there's a lot of predicted characters..he'd still be safe without revealing anything.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Frankly, I'm not going to put Serebii on my thread, for three reasons:

1. He has his own site to post leaks on.
2. He's helping more as a "Conflict" rather than a Deconfirmer.
3. He hasn't "said" anything.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
To be honest, in my search I found little to nothing to contradict what we've been saying. Serebii is really tightlipped and, without proper context (because I ain't reading 100 friggin pages of posts all over again), it's hard to go back and decipher this stuff.

Frankly, most rosters include JPuff anyways so I still think it's the Lucario/Mewtwo thing we were talking about. There was one moment where Serebii did say: "How do we know Pokemon Trainer isn't the Mewtwo replacement?" but it was just gobbledygook :p

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Before I hit the sack (and sorry for double posting, but this is a lot of crap I'm transcribing here), here's some NEW rapscouter "leaks" with the usual 3 lies:

Last post, in case you missed it...
Ok, im back with more info and three more lies. I will also have some old info mixed in with the new info.

Articuno, Scizor, Infernape, and Rampardos will be pokeball pokemon.

Shy Guy, Psycho Mantis, and Tauroneo will be ATs.

Rockface Rumble and Cavern Caprice from Donkey Kong Country 3 will be music.

Poke Floats 2, Bowser's Airship, and some level based off Dinosaur Planet (forgot where I put the piece of paper with the name written down it.)

Some ATs will stay on the field, until destroyed, like Goomba, and Koopa Troopa, you know real weak ones that don't do anything special.

There are more than 500 trophies.

Frozen Flower, Bob-omb, and Rare Candy will be items.

There will be 2 new reps for Metroid.

Third party characters will not be in Subspace Emissary.

Shiek will be back and still part of Zelda.

Around half of the characters will be newcomers.

Well there you go, I will be on tomorrow at 3:30 to give you some more info.
NEW post...

Alright, im back. Here's my update, and just like always I have 3 lies in here.

Another Fire Emblem level will be in.

Mewtwo will be returning.

Leafeon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon will be pokeball pokemon.

There will be no rival P.T. in the game. (C'mon Blaziken, Turtwig, and Croconaw I think it was no, if anything it would be Blastoise, Charmeleon, and Bulbasaur, maybe or maybe not, but I do know Blastoise would be in the there.

Rayquaza will not be the only Pokemon boss in Subspace Emissary.

The third 3rd party character is from Capcom.

There will be a level in here that will have SNES graphics. (I have no idea what it's from, but that's how it was described to me.)

After you get all the cds, you can supposedly upload your own music via memory stick.

Twilight Fossil- Stallord, and Twilight Igniter- Fyrus are bosses in Subspace Emissary.

Monty Mole, and Professor E. Gadd are assist trophies.

Big Goron's Sword, and Poison Mushroom are items.

I don't know the next time I will update you guys with info, but I will update again.
I think Mewtwo, music, and Zelda bosses are the lies. Everything else sounds reasonable. Mewtwo because of "SEREBII LOL," music because that's just NOT Nintendo's style, and the Zelda bosses would be cool but I figured that's too specific/they'd do only one.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
... It's not Nintendo's style to use music from Nintendo games?

Admittedly DKC3 didn't have that remarkable music, and they'll probably wind up bringing up more DKC2 music to go alongside Bramble Blast.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Before I hit the sack (and sorry for double posting, but this is a lot of crap I'm transcribing here), here's some NEW rapscouter "leaks" with the usual 3 lies:

I think Mewtwo, music, and Zelda bosses are the lies. Everything else sounds reasonable. Mewtwo because of "SEREBII LOL," music because that's just NOT Nintendo's style, and the Zelda bosses would be cool but I figured that's too specific/they'd do only one.
Oh, good to see rapscouter again! I agree with you about those lies, too. :bigthumbu

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Unless that is, the description comes out how like he said it, then the name shouldn't be the big thing. =]

Serph

Smash Journeyman
If Mewtwo really has been cut and Lucario is in, then for me, a potentially perfect game has been slightly tarnished. I don't really care whether Lucario makes it or not, but Mewtwo needs to be there.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Serebii: 5,325
Leakers: 0

thealmightygoat has come out and said that hes fake ...He sure did do his research in the fact that he went on stuff he KNEW I couldn't debunk. Gotta give him credit for that

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Well technically when the game has come out, we can have our solid proof in photographic evidence, which is a wee bit stronger, no?.

(...Evidence that it's Darkrai)
I would seriously shart myself if Darkrai was playable.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I started to consider almightygoat was fake when he made up that fake roster.

I noticed that he was good at going into detail of random stuff to make it sound real..

Other than that he sounded pretty believable.. Good show.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
The Charizard Move and Rival trainer is what tipped me off about him
I recall you being hesitant to debunk him during the charizard move flipflopping, you said "no comment" or something instead of cracking down on him like you could have.

Of course, I never believed him anyway and he just got worse and worse as time went on, but what good is saying 'oh I knew he was fake' after the fact? :dizzy:

in that, I seriously doubt your score is over 5000. :psycho:

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I like how he wasn't flammed for causing this mess, and those nooby kids were all happily pretending like he was just in his reasons for doing this.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The Charizard Move and Rival trainer is what tipped me off about him
Yeah, I remembered your reactions to both of those posts and figured that Goat must have been full of it.

(And yeah, "dam n" is a bit much as far as censoring goes, but no big deal.)

I recall you being hesitant to debunk him during the charizard move flipflopping, you said "no comment" or something instead of cracking down on him like you could have.

Of course, I never believed him anyway and he just got worse and worse as time went on, but what good is saying 'oh I knew he was fake' after the fact? :dizzy:

in that, I seriously doubt your score is over 5000. :psycho:
Because had he cracked down right away, he could have easily given Goat an early tip-off to correct himself. With no direct objections--perhaps even a coy suggestion of agreement--Goat felt safe to continue fibbing, since he presumed himself to be either: A) correct, or B) safe from the Serebii Vortex of Disconfirmation. It actually makes a lot of sense, what Serebii did.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Because had he cracked down right away, he could have easily given Goat an early tip-off to correct himself. With no direct objections--perhaps even a coy suggestion of agreement--Goat felt safe to continue fibbing, since he presumed himself to be either: A) correct, or B) safe from the Serebii Vortex of Disconfirmation. It actually makes a lot of sense, what Serebii did.
What did any of us gain from Goat continuing to lie? All Serebii needed to say when he claimed Air Slash was "Ok, you can stop believing him now," And most of us putting any interest in goat would have stopped right away. Goat would have had no way to correct himself because the corocoro cards weren't out and translated yet, and when they WERE, his shifting to Fly would have immediately put him out to dry.

I mean, most of us believe Serebii does have information, as frustratingly stingy with it as he is.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
What did any of us gain from Goat continuing to lie? All Serebii needed to say when he claimed Air Slash was "Ok, you can stop believing him now,"
The problem is, Serebii can't do that... any direct confirmation or decomfirmation would probably get him into all sorts of legal trouble considering he's not posting on some alternate account like most of these leakers are. The only thing he could do that wouldn't get him busted was say he had his doubts, which is able to swing both ways and thankfully lead to almightygoat's downfall.

Serebii might be stingy with info, but it's not like it matters in the end since everyone would only just doubt it anyway if Serebii just posted a complete lineup or anything hugely detailed now... and it's not like he can even do that since his info isn't complete besides maybe the Pokemon parts of Smash.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I would have thought that the major thing that made him look like a fake, wasn't the naming of the moves (as unless you have the trophies, the names aren't something you'd normally know) but rather the fact that he said Tortimer woud be a friggen boss.

(And did Serebii just deconfirm my beloved Darkrai? ;_; )

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
What did any of us gain from Goat continuing to lie? All Serebii needed to say when he claimed Air Slash was "Ok, you can stop believing him now," And most of us putting any interest in goat would have stopped right away. Goat would have had no way to correct himself because the corocoro cards weren't out and translated yet, and when they WERE, his shifting to Fly would have immediately put him out to dry.

I mean, most of us believe Serebii does have information, as frustratingly stingy with it as he is.
Well, part of it is the fact that he is not legally able to just come out and say something. Not only that, but all we had at that point was Serebii's word. We already saw Goat flip-flop before, so it only makes sense that he would do it again. Without proof, but only insinuations, Goat would have been caught in a more debunk-able lie. It's not like we all wanted him to keep lying. ;)

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Well, part of it is the fact that he is not legally able to just come out and say something. Not only that, but all we had at that point was Serebii's word. We already saw Goat flip-flop before, so it only makes sense that he would do it again. Without proof, but only insinuations, Goat would have been caught in a more debunk-able lie. It's not like we all wanted him to keep lying. ;)
Yeah, you say that, but hes come out and debunked a lot of rosters that he apparently knows are false. I don't see how this is that much different; Serebii's leaking information any way, just not in the way most of us would like.

Top Bottom