• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily, they could have a largerscale Great Fox?

It's highly unlikely, but logic rarely plays a part in this whole thing...
Seems like a Great Fox stage with Arwings would be the same thing... and at this point I definitely think Rap is just a guesser who says he's throwing "lies in with the guesses" so he can take some hits before he's proven wrong

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Okay guys, AGAIN:

SEREBII = trusted source for many years, NOT lying about who he is, freely admits he has sources but will not tell us information

"PROPHETS" = came out of the blue, will NOT REVEAL who they really are, throw in lies or falsify information to try and surprise us or keep us on our toes

And for that matter, I still think Rap is telling mostly the truth. He steered us completely right for Diamond/Pearl. And we can buy ChaosZero maybe, but I still am fishy with his ideas. Rap and Goat are smart in that they are avoiding discussing characters. In reality, this would be the LAST thing a source would reveal and, regardless, the ONE THING that people reading their "leaks" would denounce them as fakes for.

Think about it.

EDIT: OH, almightygoat.... You just shot yourself in the foot.
Exactly. Serebii is THE resource for Pokemon, no questions about it. If he says he has inside information, I would believe it. Whether he shares it with us or not is his business. :p

I think Rap is probably telling the truth, but it's hard to say. The fact that he has had information in the past helps his credibility. Ditto ChaosZero; the Dragoon thing was eerily accurate.

But I'm confused, Flip: how did almightygoat shoot himself in the foot with that comment?

Aren't all those rumors that said "Sector Z" would be a returning stage now debunked with Corneria confirmed?
Yep, basically. :grin:

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
Exactly. Serebii is THE resource for Pokemon, no questions about it. If he says he has inside information, I would believe it. Whether he shares it with us or not is his business. :p

I think Rap is probably telling the truth, but it's hard to say. The fact that he has had information in the past helps his credibility. Ditto ChaosZero; the Dragoon thing was eerily accurate.

But I'm confused, Flip: how did almightygoat shoot himself in the foot with that comment?

Yep, basically. :grin:
by saying how many assist trophies there were going to be, and then serebii said there's ALOT of pokemon, meaning way too many assist trophies.

then again, there could be more going into this game then anyone could have anticipated.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Well, I'm expecting more than 75 Assist Trophies, so I believe almightygoat.

Sector Z I think might kill some prophets, but I forgot which ones. The GameFAQ posts for nin10dough & Vatro Xu were deleted :/

However, it doesn't kill Rapscouter, who DID say that 6 of his points were lies. Sector Z is just Corneria with a different background...unless that is part of his 1/2 64-1/3 Melee thing? (Corneria could be considered Sector Z with better graohics...)

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
LOL I have to ask seribii. It's not brawl related but I am a pokemon fan. Is there going to be Mystery Dungeon 2. If this info has already been leaked some1 tell because I am lazy and I do not want 2 search forums or sites for this info that is why I have smashboards.
This is offtopic sorry...

Boofer

Smash Ace
I really hope we don't get more assist trophies than we were expecting and less characters than we were expecting. I like the idea for AT's but honestly over 60 is a bit much.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
This could either mean that we get two "bosses" for each series, (which hurts Ridley's chances, frankly), or it could mean that Liquid Snake & Metal Gear REX are both part of the same boss fight...

YSM

Smash Apprentice
This could either mean that we get two "bosses" for each series, (which hurts Ridley's chances, frankly), or it could mean that Liquid Snake & Metal Gear REX are both part of the same boss fight...
Well, I doubt Sakurai would say "we better make Ridley a boss because we need two from each series". I'm sure he'll be a boss if he was never intended to be playable to begin with, but otherwise...why not Kraid and Dark Samus? Or if not Kraid, any of the 4 bounty hunters from MP3 would work, too.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
"NO CLONES" IS A RUMOR!

Sakurai was never interviewed about clones. Some guy supposed interviewed a Nintendo PR guy here in the US and supposedly he said that.

http://nintendrone.blog.com/1780019/?page=12

Btw, the interviewer is 16 and not affiliated with any gaming company and he posted it on his blog with more content that was later proved false by us here at smashboards. (He said project hammer was nearing completion and almost ready to be shipped.. Yeah, it was cancelled.)

He's also the same guy who said the Prima Strategy Guide writer leaked the Brawl playable character list.
http://nintendrone.blog.com/2368798/?page=3

Many people like to cling on to old, debunked, proven-false rumors because they don't want clones to be in brawl. I'm sorry you guys keep falling for this.

And for those of you whoe want to say Sakurai said it in translation SamuraiPanda made, SamuraiPanda himself reaffirms that "no clones" is a rumor in Show Me Your Knows Episode 26 (PandaCast) Part 4

This is the 3rd time I submit these rumors on this thread.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Maybe, since this implies one "could have been a character" sized boss and a "holy shiz, that one's huge" sized boss, Kraid and Sylux/Weavile (that's what I call him XD) or Mother Brain & Dark Samus or Kraid & Dark Samus (any combination could work out).

If it was Kraid & Ridley, I'd be kinda pissed (since you can do that in Metroid 1 & Super Metroid...)

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Also, it's certainly possible that Ridley could be a boss, and once you beat him you also unlock him.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I meant, if we're talking non-playable duo of bosses, then Kraid & Ridley would be terrible.

But yeah, he'd be a kickass boss you can play as :D

I say, if Ridley has a trophy gun in a movie, he's playable :D

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"NO CLONES" IS A RUMOR!

Sakurai was never interviewed about clones. Some guy supposed interviewed a Nintendo PR guy here in the US and supposedly he said that.

http://nintendrone.blog.com/1780019/?page=12

Btw, the interviewer is 16 and not affiliated with any gaming company and he posted it on his blog with more content that was later proved false by us here at smashboards. (He said project hammer was nearing completion and almost ready to be shipped.. Yeah, it was cancelled.)

He's also the same guy who said the Prima Strategy Guide writer leaked the Brawl playable character list.
http://nintendrone.blog.com/2368798/?page=3

Many people like to cling on to old, debunked, proven-false rumors because they don't want clones to be in brawl. I'm sorry you guys keep falling for this.

And for those of you whoe want to say Sakurai said it in translation SamuraiPanda made, SamuraiPanda himself reaffirms that "no clones" is a rumor in Show Me Your Knows Episode 26 (PandaCast) Part 4

This is the 3rd time I submit these rumors on this thread.
Don't believe anything that guy says, it's mostly lies...

Though Geno was on that list...no problems there...

This list was debunked a long time ago...and by Serebii as well

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Sakurai implies on the Melee site that he doesn't like the notion of clones ("we ran out of time, and I am so sorry these do not feel like full characters"), but not once does he actually come out and say "NO CLONES." Frankly, I figure we'll still get a few clones in the final roster. Just to beef up numbers like last time.

And the reason almightygoat screwed himself is because that's an insane number of Assists. 95?! That's ridiculous. I can't even come up with that many without delving into crap like Paragoomba, Bob-omb Buddy, or Rito Mailman. C'mon. That's just stupid. If anything we'll get 50, TOPS. Thus far we have like... 20 something. I can see 30 more, but that'd be it. As for Pokemon, I can see somewhere in a similar range.

btw, Rapscouter has yet to add his update today and it makes me sad :urg:

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
You may want to update that last one as oficially DECONFIRMED. Today's update showed us that there would be more than 1-3 SSBM stages.

Tachita

Smash Cadet
NO!
why mewtwo!
all this leakers (except thealmightygoat and rapscouter) are saying mewtwo is gone!
I really hope this is fake why would sakurai axe or replace a completely original and canonical character!
if rapscouter or thealmightygoat confirm this I would be completely pissed (although thealmightygoat already deconfirmed Ray:urg:)

also does somebody knows were I can get some character supporting sigs?

Croco

Smash Lord
Another one..
http://www.gamespot.com/users/FForceSultan/
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40640060
I want to spoil little things in the game and not everything.

I've played the completed english version.

It wasn't for testing or a guide.

It was only by chance to see my reactions.

Link + Pit VS Mother Brain

Ness + Lucas VS Mech Spider Guy "Porky" who Ness calls "Pokey"

Yoshi + Link VS Big Bad Wolf/Werewolf looking guy

Ness is slightly older looking and taller.

MANY stages. LOTS of music. Sakurai has hinted this mutliple times in his post on the DoJo.

Link has a unlockable costume - (Pink Hair and big golden shield)

Wario is one of the few characters who have alternate costumes WITHOUT a unlockable costume.

SD card can import custom music. It can also be used with stage builder.

Stage builder has limits which ruins some of the fun.

Porky is a boss in the adventure mode

There are 4 3rd party characters. One uses his literally head.

There are 3rd party items.

Tetrisphere trophies and music.

There are more composers then listed. There is a reason for this.

There are Super Mario Land 1+2 stages. One has a classic gameboy look.

Gameboy camera music and trophy.

Solar Stricker Assist Trophy and music.

One of the new characters uses a tire pump as a weapon. Her final smash is lightning cloud that fires shock balls and lightning stric everywhere.

Pockle - Assist Trophy.

Machrider - Assist Trophy.

Assist trophies are unlockable like trophies are.

Goomba Shoe is the new Mario series item.

There are 2 new Pokemon items.

There is a new menu which allows the selection of certain Assist Trophies and Pokemon. Some are not listed because they serve other purposes of unlocking music and trophies.

I will tell you this- The game is about quality and content.

I am done for now.

Questions?

Ask me. But I won't answer them all.

Revven

FrankerZ

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
that's the worst one yet. Geez.

Imagine if it turned out real... lol.

Revven

FrankerZ

It's pretty WTF to me, but yeah, pretty bad of a "leak". It's a lolathon at best, but, as I do to other "leakers"; I'll wait before calling any official judgement. I also bookmarked his profile so when the game is leaked we can laugh at how wrong he was if he turns out wrong. :grin:

Croco

Smash Lord

It's pretty bad because I just can't even trust the guy/girl.
And how the even mention that Ness looks older is odd and makes it very false.

Though on the other hand not many believed Dr. Mario was in Melee when that was leaked.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I would love to know what frickin character has a tire pump...unless...Dig Dug???!?!?!?!?!?

Also, why would Link's alt. costume have pink hair & a giant glowing shield? Fierce Deity Link has white hair from what I remember...

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
"One of the new characters uses a tire pump as a weapon. Her final smash is lightning cloud that fires shock balls and lightning stric everywhere."

That one is the worst.

"Link has a unlockable costume - (Pink Hair and big golden shield)"

That's pretty lol'able too.

Croco

Smash Lord
I would love to know what frickin character has a tire pump...unless...Dig Dug???!?!?!?!?!?

Also, why would Link's alt. costume have pink hair & a giant glowing shield? Fierce Deity Link has white hair from what I remember...
Well he says that the character that uses the tire pump is a her.

The costume?
I have no clue. I never recalled seeing Link with Pink hair. Anyone know?

"One of the new characters uses a tire pump as a weapon. Her final smash is lightning cloud that fires shock balls and lightning stric everywhere."

That one is the worst.

"Link has a unlockable costume - (Pink Hair and big golden shield)"

That's pretty lol'able too.
Doesn't seem that bad to me. Do you even know who they are talking about?
I don't. So it means it is someone. So why would they even bother writing it.

The link costume I find funny as hell. But why? Why would they even post that?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I also wanna know who they're referring to when Link fights the Big Bad Wolf...unless...Link is fighting himself?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
The pink hair? ... Could that possible be a ref to his Dark World form? LOL Didn't the bunny link have that color or something. I dunno. Either way, I'm having a ball reading the crazy things and wondering which is fact and fiction. I disagree with the Eggman thing because he's gotta be a boss for Sonic. Easiest way to see if this Rap guy is to see if any one of his posts exceeds the 3 lie limit, right..? Hah.. He does sound plausible but I ain't holding my breath. I'm actually with the Panda hoping for Knuckles getting in. So I'm going to call bull on the multiple Sonic ATs as well.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
"There are 4 3rd party characters. One uses his literally head."

One uses his literally head? The terrible grammar is enough reason to discount this, but besides that, what character attacks with his head?:laugh:

Croco

Smash Lord
In one of the old Legend of Zelda's Link has pink hair.
Found it.. you are correct.
It is from LoZ:LttP

I also wanna know who they're referring to when Link fights the Big Bad Wolf...unless...Link is fighting himself?
I'm betting Wolf from Star fox?
Probably Wolf.

ForceSultan said:
I will be nice.
It isn't Bonk and I know who Bonk is.
This guy is much taller and is fairly known.
Sorry for the confusion. But I will leave you with speculation on that one.
One of his attacks he uses his head to bash on enemies. Sorta like DK but it throws enemies upward and not into the ground.

The Tetrisphere trophy was just a trophy. Not a assist trophy. So please do not be mistaken by this.
There was music also, but I was told it was only a port.
Looks like the guy who uses his head is not Bonk. I thought it was.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
FForceSultan's Blog

I want to spoil little things in the game and not everything.

I've played the completed english version.

It wasn't for testing or a guide.

It was only by chance to see my reactions.

Link + Pit VS Mother Brain
Makes sense, as Link is seen within Norfair. However, why is Pit with him?

Ness + Lucas VS Mech Spider Guy "Porky" who Ness calls "Pokey"
Wasn't it going around that Lucas would team with Ness against Porky in a Spider Mech?

Yoshi + Link VS Big Bad Wolf/Werewolf looking guy
I'm lost on this one. One might think Wolf O' Donnell, but he's not "unkempt" like a Werewolf...

Ness is slightly older looking and taller.
In Mother 3 Porky was older looking than he was in Mother 2, why wouldn't Ness be older? Although, why Ness would age within the confines of Smash is beyond me.

MANY stages. LOTS of music. Sakurai has hinted this mutliple times in his post on the DoJo.
Well, duh.

Link has a unlockable costume - (Pink Hair and big golden shield)
At first I was like 'LOL wut' but after doing research, it's Link how he looks in Link to the Past, while wearing a Mirror Shield. Nice throwback, now that it makes sense.

Wario is one of the few characters who have alternate costumes WITHOUT a unlockable costume.
Although it's been pretty much confirmed Wario is the only one with a legitimate alt. costume, Sakurai may have been exaggerating. Hence, why Link has the costume from link to the Past.

SD card can import custom music. It can also be used with stage builder.
That I find unlikely, but could still happen.

Stage builder has limits which ruins some of the fun.
I find this likely, since it won't be perfect, at least not in Brawl. Maybe by SSB4...

Porky is a boss in the adventure mode.
Mentioned above, I was assuming this, what with all the Mother 3 references.

There are 4 3rd party characters. One literally uses his head.
Bonk over Bomberman as the Hudson rep? I hope not.

There are 3rd party items.
Duh.

Tetrisphere trophies and music.
Weird reference, but any trophy is a good trophy, if you ask me.

There are more composers then listed. There is a reason for this.
I suppose, but I don't see what the point of listing this is, considering a composer from Final Fantasy & Kingdom Hearts is listed, I don't see why they would spoil much.

There are Super Mario Land 1+2 stages. One has a classic gameboy look.
Replacement for Mushroom Kingdom, perhaps?

Gameboy camera music and trophy.
I wouldn't doubt this...

Solar Striker Assist Trophy and music.
Likely, was one of the launch titles for Game Boy.

One of the new characters uses a tire pump as a weapon. Her final smash is lightning cloud that fires shock balls and lightning strike everywhere.
Alice from Balloon Kid for Game Boy? Definitely a WTF character. Better not take the place of Ridley though.

Pockle - Assist Trophy.
Really obscure, a GameCube Title called GiFTPiA. Pockle's goal in the game is to "grow up." I don't get what he could DO...

Mach Rider - Assist Trophy.
I figured this...anyone who thought Mach Rider would be playable is smoking something potentially illegal.

Assist trophies are unlockable like trophies are.
With all the random characters rumored to be ATs, I wouldn't doubt it.

Goomba Shoe is the new Mario series item.
What would a "Goomba Shoe" do???

There are 2 new Pokemon items.
Here's hoping for an Apple from Pokemon Snap XD

There is a new menu which allows the selection of certain Assist Trophies and Pokemon. Some are not listed because they serve other purposes of unlocking music and trophies.
I had hoped for this forever! No more Wobbuffet!

I will tell you this- The game is about quality and content.

I am done for now.

Questions?

Ask me. But I won't answer them all.
I actually wouldn't rule this guy out just yet. Nothing he said so far is technically wrong...

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Wolf O' Donnel is pretty recognizable. I'm pretty sure the wolf is from a lesser known Nintendo game we are forgetting about.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Wolf O' Donnel is pretty recognizable. I'm pretty sure the wolf is from a lesser known Nintendo game we are forgetting about.
I wouldn't of recognized him. Not in his newer form at least.

The last starfox I played was starfox 64.

Top Bottom