• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

dettadeus

Smash Lord
From what it looks like, the yellow pikmin hit the Purple pikmin when it did latch damage to Olimar and the Purple got sent upwards, and it was still in Olimar's control so when he released the U-Smash it went a bit higher.

Wasn't there some trick that was basically impossible to do in a normal match that fits this description? Like, desyncing a Pikmin from Olimar during his U-smash by hitting it with certain types of moves?

Dotcom

Smash Lord
From what it looks like, the yellow pikmin hit the Purple pikmin when it did latch damage to Olimar and the Purple got sent upwards, and it was still in Olimar's control so when he released the U-Smash it went a bit higher.

Wasn't there some trick that was basically impossible to do in a normal match that fits this description? Like, desyncing a Pikmin from Olimar during his U-smash by hitting it with certain types of moves?
I mean yeah Desynching sucked, but that actually looks useful lol. If it could be "perfected." I mean in a Falco matchup things get reflected all the time so i really think this could work somehow. But who knows... I guess.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I think it would be more usable when there's two Olimars in one team in doubles and you can just throw a pikmin onto each other, like how teams with Snake often involve the other player getting stickied and rushing in to get it stuck on someone else.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Of course. It's just basic rocketing mechanics, yo.

1. Reflected pikmin strikes the pikmin as it's charging, sending it flying.

2. After holding the charge for a second to ensure that the attack reaches the target, Olimar releases the Usmash, starting the move and activating the hitbox.

Also, you can't get hit by the move before the execution when rocketing or it won't work.

EDIT: Oh, and I think it's implied that the pikmin has to be able to survive the hit. Can't really hurt anyone with a dead pikmin. ^^;
Copy+paste with changes because lazy naranjas.
Doesn't really have to be a specific move or Olimar's Usmash, really just can't be one that the pikmin absorbs (AFAIK).

Kind of freaky. Never thought about using latched pikmin like that.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Just tested some stuff for the super U-Smash thing, since I was curious and bored:
-Any pikmin can be used for the U-Smash, including whites
-All pikmin can cause this when latched (so this won't work throwing a purple, obvs, or it might work differently)
-Yellow Latch + Yellow U-Smash and Red Latch + Red U-Smash don't work because the U-Smash pikmin won't be affected by the latch pikmin's hits. Blue Latch + Blue U-Smash does work, and White Latch + White U-Smash would work if the U-Smash pikmin didn't get killed by the latch pikmin while charging the U-Smash. >_>
-Easiest to do is with a Purple U-Smash since the Purple is the largest. I dunno which pikmin has the largest latch hitbox but Whites seem to have pretty big hitboxes for this (although the massive latch damage would be a turn-off for this).

Noa.

Smash Master
Thank you for that testing dettadeus. I'll store it in my memory lol.

I started to watch an anime today called Baka to Test. Me gusta

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Sky, watch Persona 4!
Do I need to know anything about the Persona Series to like it?

How was nichijou?
Dunno. Only on episode 5 ATM. ^^;
Not really sure what to think so far. Sometimes it seems like they're trying too hard to do random crap, sometimes it's genuinely rib-tickling, and at one point it was kind of lesbian.

EDIT: (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Noa.

Smash Master
Yeah I started today. And that clip is the exact one my friend showed me before I decided to watch it. I don't watch much anime though tbh. I am watching Sword Art Online though. That's a cool anime.

:phone:

Top Bottom