• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Ha, Disqo's mad because I gave him AIDS, by ****** him in our online match.

:phone:
Oh the irony.
Or the lies.
Either way, this is funny.

On an unrelated topic
I'm having THE hardest time dealing with up close opponents, and denti tells me that I should be pivot grabbing OoS and junk. Other than that, my spacing is just bad.
Also, I have a really bad habit of empty full hops, which makes me land bad, which gets me gimped, which makes me rage.
Advice and personal insults now please.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
On an unrelated topic
I'm having THE hardest time dealing with up close opponents, and denti tells me that I should be pivot grabbing OoS and junk. Other than that, my spacing is just bad.
Also, I have a really bad habit of empty full hops, which makes me land bad, which gets me gimped, which makes me rage.
Advice and personal insults now please.
You have tons of options OoS. JC Usmash OoS, Aerials (particularly Nair and Fair) OoS, shieldgrab, roll, spotdodge, UpB OoS (Usmash OoS is generally better, but this has uses), etc. I believe Pivot Grab OoS requires you to be running, no?
You'll be using JC Usmash OoS a LOT.

Try to keep grounded as much as possible, especially when they're up-close. You should rarely fullhop, only for extremely long-range camping and follow-ups. You just have to get used to the individual punishment ranges for shorthop camping.

Also, learn to space. =P

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I know the JC upsmash.
Shut up fino. You no team with me.
Yeah denti will run and pivot grab outta shield. But Uh yeah in general my spacing is BAAAAD.
Im just wondering, since my nair OoS seems to get destroyed or it's too slow, but that's just my old sausage fingers

Instant tether to grab.
Teach me.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Jab people when they're close.
Too general. Jab is terrible most of the time.
Use jab OCCASIONALLY and RANDOMLY. They can PS the second hit if they're grounded by just holding shield, even if they take the first hit.

Instant tether to grab.
Teach me.
To instant return, drop off (don't FF), immediately tether, and DI toward the stage. You'll land on laglessly. Just grab after landing.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Just note that your tether has to actually connect to the ledge.
If that's too hard to figure out, just try rotating the stick from 4 to 9 in a high arc, hitting B around 7.

(6 is forward)

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
AAAAANYWAYZ......
Wave bouncing whistles.
Teach me your ways prolimars.
And falco, is this unwinnable, or can it happen?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
We kind of use "whistle bounce" as a blanket term. The type of bounce depends on the timing.

Turnaround-B - You just turn around and whistle. The opposite diagonal-down direction is held before the move is executed and B is pressed. Nothing more.

B-Reverse - Most common "bounce", it reverses your momentum. Execute the whistle and press in the opposite direction within the first four frames of the move.

Wavebounce - The most difficult, combines both of the aforementioned techniques. Hold in the opposite direction before the move is executed and press the opposite direction within four frames of its execution.
So for example, let's say you're facing right.

456->

Hold 1, hit B and press 3 or 6 within the first four frames of the whistle. If you're drifting left from holding 1, you'll bounce forward while still facing right.

Special thanks to the Smash Lab for the terms list. I can never remember the official names of these things. ^^;

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Oh hi. Olimar is one of my several mains. I find him to be a very interesting character(well more specifically the Pikmin :p). I love the Pikmin series and I really hope Pikmin 3 comes out.

Back to brawl, I find Olimar really useless without Pikmin lol. IIRC, the only moves he can use without Pikmin are his Jab, Tilts and NAir. I only use NAir and Up-Tilt though :p I think Olimar is one of the easiest edgeguarded characters, because even if his Up-B hits the opponent off, he still can't grab the edge and we fall to our doom. btw I have a question about his up throw. At what percentage can each color Pikmin kill at(assuming your opponent DI's)? Anyways, I hope to have a pleasant time here and maybe even play you guys on wi-fail(because my parents wouldn't let me go to tourneys :c)

Asa

Smash Hero
purples around 110
blues around 130
yellows around 180
reds around 230
whites idk never

ALSO LIAR GAME IS BACK OH BABY

-Googs

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm a diddy main looking to work on the oli matchup, would anybody from the eastcoast wanna wifi with me to help me out? Just send me a pm i'd really appreciate it! I have no olimars to practice with where I live.

Top Bottom