• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Sush1

Smash Apprentice
trolololo.

In that case the guy fighting the ICs should put the controller on the floor and laugh at that person.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
You're Logic is stupid, so I'm getting Vocal about it. Shining that Icylight in here before heading out with my girl Dnyce.

Heading to a frat party, you know AsaDelta house, Prolly smash nattys and eat some p b and j with the Hilt bread.

Hopefully we make it there safe there might be a Blissard on it's way, and that would stop me from smoking my Jane.

It would be some BSL (Bad ****tty Luck) on my part.

Also tofer is gay and so forth.
You sneaky *******.

+1

Blissard

Smash Lord
While I was on daily Hilt stalking rotations today, saw one of his VM's from like 2 months ago:

"Wanted to say good **** scrooging the **** out of people at Genesis. Don't know if it was just Ally or if you used this completely legal tactic against others as well; something you should be expected to do with such a character. But whether it was just grand finals the whole god damn tournament, good stuff. Dead ****ing serious. Keep doing it, never stop, you da man."

Best part of my day <3

Also love the sig Asa.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It's also one of the most difficult DACUS' to perform, going by the frame data. It's not a whole lot better than Olimar's regular up smash while dashing.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
IIRC, it goes about 50% further than Olimar's Hyphen smash.
Thought I posted comparison pics somewhere, but I can't find them. :<

asob4

Smash Champion
You shouldn't need to anyway. From what I remember you didnt need any fancy tricks to get under an opponent and hit with his awesome usmash. Especially if you're staying grounded and playing smart. Wait for them to approach you.

But thats from my like 08-09 metagame experience lol should still apply. I doubt the game changed thaaaaaat much

:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
But thats from my like 08-09 metagame experience lol should still apply. I doubt the game changed thaaaaaat much
Metaknight dominates the game now. Totally different from '08/'09, right?

yo have you guys heard of zircon or xKore? they're so legit dayum.
~STORY TIME~
Once upon a time, some Austin players kept bugging me to put Morsecode onto my Wii. The song was really good at first, but it grew old VERY quickly. I told them this, but they continue to complain about it because apparently I put nothing but garbage music on my Wii. I'm not listening to anything else by Zircon out of spite.
~THE END~

Asa

Smash Hero
And that sucks clover, zircon has some really legit stuff. pretty much everything in "antigravity" is great, and "mass media constant" has lots of goodies.

also lol cuz i've been listening to morsecode for 3 hours straight

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
No, that was definitely the sound of a Purple collision.

I've honestly never seen that happen. When Pikmin Chain goes limp without breaking like that, it doesn't keep a hitbox out so it shouldn't have hit you.
The Purple itself seems to have disappeared after the move was used, though. It might be similar to the ghost pikmin glitch, where the pikmin gets stuck between animations. It was drifting around quite a bit before the move was used.
This could be supported by the fact that a hitbox was created and remained around the part of his body where the pikmin gather before being "sent out", but we can only guess how long it would have lasted.

Or I could just be rambling about something that we've already discovered that I've forgotten. Any way it happened, it's neat.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
No, that was definitely the sound of a Purple collision.

I've honestly never seen that happen. When Pikmin Chain goes limp without breaking like that, it doesn't keep a hitbox out so it shouldn't have hit you.
The Purple itself seems to have disappeared after the move was used, though. It might be similar to the ghost pikmin glitch, where the pikmin gets stuck between animations. It was drifting around quite a bit before the move was used.
This could be supported by the fact that a hitbox was created and remained around the part of his body where the pikmin gather before being "sent out", but we can only guess how long it would have lasted.

Or I could just be rambling about something that we've already discovered that I've forgotten. Any way it happened, it's neat.
We've definitely seen this before, though in that video the end of the chain was a purple pikmin. I can't remember if we figured it out then, either.

Anyways, how's it going Olimars? It's been a while since I popped in here and I'm kind of starting to miss you guys...a little...maybe...ok sure yes I miss you :p

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I've seen one other video where something similar happened, Ankoku, like Vocal said. Normally when you sucessfully Pikmin Chain a ledge, it has a hitbox, which will hit anyone in the way. Obviously. In this situation, the Pikmin chain goes for the ledge, but in the middle of it, an opponent grabbing the ledge cancels it. But too late. The chain already registers as having a hitbox. Also keep in mind that it's not just the first Pikmin that has the hitbox. It kept the hitbox while Olimar was falling and when making contact with the opponent, hit the opponent as if it was the original move. I would imagine this move would keep its hitbox like this until Olimar left the helpless state. This is mostly theory crafting, nobody's actually tested this. But it's simple enough to tell what's going on.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Drunk Hilt is funny.
Also, testing that now.

EDIT: Tested several times on NPC; multiple ledges used (two central edges, left canal "house" edge).
P1 Olimar (test subject), P2 Sheik (edge hogger), P3 Bowser (hurtbox, generally placed directly under/near Olimar)

Step 1: Start tether with Olimar
Step 2: Sheik edgehogs after pikmin pull in (Frame 6+)
Step 3: Tether homes in on ledge, fails to catch on, remains out until contact with ground is made; special falling animation autocancels on contact with ground

Tested across a range of frames and distances, unable to reproduce the "extended hitbox" scenario.
I'll test a bit more when it isn't 6 A.M.

EDIT 2: By the way, Hilt, how would that explain the fact that the purple completely disappeared after the tether was used? Am I just colorblind?

Sush1

Smash Apprentice
I think it's just one of the lulsy glitches happening every now and then in brawl. If you were the Olimar, be happy you got a stock off the person. If not, feel bad about yourself.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm not sure about the purple disappearing. It was definitely a weird case of ghost pikmin, but I've seen a few awkward appearances of it that didn't include grabbing/letting go of the ledge. I don't think that Glitch A happens because of Glitch B, or vice versa.

However! It is incredibly similar to situations where Olimar will tether to a ledge on Halberd or Delfino while the platform is landing. If Olimar tethers the platform as it's falling but immediately lands on the ground beneath it, he'll get ghost Pikmin. But this case of ghost pikmin often happens in greater numbers than usual. I've had up to four pikmin disappear at once, compared to the one or two that happens from the usually case.

The two glitches could happen due to the same reason, since this cause is similar to the cause that creates ghost pikmin (Olimar grabbing the ledge and letting go (with an attack out), compared to a pikmin chain grabbing and letting go of the ledge at the same time).

Also I'm sober now :p

Top Bottom