• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lurkin'.
Hi Olimars.

I swung by the Xat last week. Thought I'd give the social a little look-see.

Greward

Smash Lord
Damage Per Hit

Check it out guys, has full data for Olimar! (Including each pikmin color's attributes)
its pretty good, gj

but the jab doesnt deal 15%, it deals 15% if the antenna hits too. imo u should note that. try hitting with the jab someone who is behind oli

i havent seen in deeply, but just note that

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Live stream link for those that care

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tko727

Turnout's looking like it should be in the 80-90 area. We've got most of the entire midwest and some of EC making it out for this, including Inui, Atomsk, Ally. Overswarm and Inui in the same room for an entire day. Fists will be thrown. Hype.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero

You have a book? That would save me an *** load of time of not having to go back and read through posts.
I don't but I've considered making one :laugh:
I knew I would die on the boards, and I totally did. :[ I suppose that's because I don't have anywhere near the high level/tourney experience that you guys have. XD
I don't have high level experience either :p You've just gotta be committed to learning new things and getting better. And tell your friends to read Smashboards, and play wifi if they have a good enough connection - guarantee you they'll start improving.

Turnout's looking like it should be in the 80-90 area. We've got most of the entire midwest and some of EC making it out for this, including Inui, Atomsk, Ally. Overswarm and Inui in the same room for an entire day. Fists will be thrown. Hype.
<Wishes there was time to watch :urg: Good luck today!

Kronar

Smash Cadet
I don't have high level experience either :p You've just gotta be committed to learning new things and getting better. And tell your friends to read Smashboards, and play wifi if they have a good enough connection - guarantee you they'll start improving.
It's hard to get better when the same old thing gets the job done every time. He gets really annoyed when I play Oli for a while because he can NEVER win unless he plays MK. So I humor him and switch to other chars, and still win. But I HAVE driven him to researching his character, but he switches from char to char so much that I don't see it doing him much good. -_-

I know I'll be watching on and off, not like I have anything better to do. XD

Greward

Smash Lord
im reading slam dunk now. a melee player borrowed me some

ok im just getting one more post and hoping hilt doesnt infract me

Blissard

Smash Lord
Sports manga sucks
Agreed. And shockingly, the statement that "Turaz is always right" is becoming more and more true.

By the way, do you guys use Brawl textures? I need help on the placing of some of the files and the character selection portraits, and most of the replies I get on the Customised Content threads are useless crap that sidestep the answer.

Blissard

Smash Lord
which files and where
Any of the following would be helpful:
-Character Selection Screen (the one where the icons are in the same place, but the background is different)
-Stage Selection Screen
-Brawl Menu

And I don't know how to put the Character Selection Portraits on :dizzy:

And Fino, you don't know how amusing it is to watch Jiggs use his dthrow on a nude ZSS...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Any of the following would be helpful:
-Character Selection Screen (the one where the icons are in the same place, but the background is different)
-Stage Selection Screen
-Brawl Menu

And I don't know how to put the Character Selection Portraits on :dizzy:

And Fino, you don't know how amusing it is to watch Jiggs use his dthrow on a nude ZSS...
LOL

i dont know what you mean for any of the things. i probably call them different stuff or something. take pictures/use paint/both to help me understand.

Prince of Tennis wasn't so bad I thought. Sports manga reminds me a lot of pkmn anime, or DBZ. It's usually the people on the sidelines that do all the narration of the matches xD

Blissard

Smash Lord
LOL

i dont know what you mean for any of the things. i probably call them different stuff or something. take pictures/use paint/both to help me understand.
Lol, Character Selection Screen is where you pick which character you'll brawl with. I have a file that's like sc_selcharacter.pac for it. Stage Selection Screen is where you choose which stage to brawl on, and it's a sc_selmap.pac file. The Brawl Menu is just the main menu, with "Group, Solo, Wi-fi, Options, Trophies, etc". That one's a file called mu_menumain.pac.

As for the character selection portraits, it's when you select what character you're using, and let's say you click on Peach, and she goes "Suh-weet!" then a bigger picture of her pops up, and you can change her color.

And thanks for the help, because even if you don't know the answer I got like +3 posts Oh and if you still need pics I can post them :laugh:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
No one fall for it!

Lol, Character Selection Screen is where you pick which character you'll brawl with. I have a file that's like sc_selcharacter.pac for it. Stage Selection Screen is where you choose which stage to brawl on, and it's a sc_selmap.pac file. The Brawl Menu is just the main menu, with "Group, Solo, Wi-fi, Options, Trophies, etc". That one's a file called mu_menumain.pac.

As for the character selection portraits, it's when you select what character you're using, and let's say you click on Peach, and she goes "Suh-weet!" then a bigger picture of her pops up, and you can change her color.

And thanks for the help, because even if you don't know the answer I got like +3 posts Oh and if you still need pics I can post them :laugh:
mu_menumain.pac goes in \private\wii\app\RSBE\pfmenu2\
sc_selcharacter.pac goes in \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2\
sc_selmap.pac goes in \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2\

portraits are a little more confusing.
1) you have to get the common5_en.pac from tinyurl.com/brawlfiles and rename it common5.pac
2) open it in brawlbox, expand sc_selcharacter then expand char_bust_tex_lz77
3) each miscdata is for a character. find the ones you want to replace and replace the texture with the one you have.
4) put the common5.pac in \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\system

Blissard

Smash Lord
Ah thank you for the help! The portrait part and the Brawl Menu part went splendid. However, the Character Select Screen and Stage Select Screen don't work; the Wii freezes whenever I try I press group brawl, training, or anything that requires them. I think there was some code or thingymajigy that you needed, so I'll go venture off on my own to solve the problem. :bee::bee::laugh::laugh:

Marisa~Kirisame

Smash Rookie
Random fun fact!!!! O_o
"When you put gum and chocolate in your mouth at the same time, the gum melts..."
Pretty cool, huh?

+1, dood.

Top Bottom