• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

You make a lot of points, but as a converted Roy hater, I'll try to explain. First, Lucas and Wolf where semi-clones, and very distinct ones at that. While Nintendo was obviously going to declone Roy if he got in, people who weren't Roy fans only image of the character was as "that inferior fire Marth from Melee". And in terms of their games, Earthbound/Mother 2 made it out of Japan, Binding Blade or any Fire Emblem game before it didn't. So a lot of Earthbound fans have an attachment to the series they want to see the next chapter off. I'll admit, I've not seen much hate of Binding Blade, but if it's out there it's stupid. Finally, what's probably the biggest difference is that there are a significant amount of Smash 4 players that have played Brawl, but not Melee. While at the same time, most of the people who started in Melee have played Brawl at least to some extent. So because of this, everyone knows the value of adding Lucas in, but many people (including myself at one point) didn't see the point of adding in Roy, so they came up with dumb excuses like the Final Smash bs. The people who still hate Roy now after proving himself as a worthy addition to Smash 4 should really shut up though. And I hate to say it but the Roy jokes are just so easy. Roy and Roy, fire Marth, his overall obscurity, there's just more stuff to poke fun at with Roy than Lucas. Most of what I've seen is good natured fun rather than being hateful towards the character though.
  • Lucas: Only Mother representation is semi-clones with the same Final Smash.
  • Wolf: All three Star Fox reps are semi-clones of each other, complete with three Landmasters.
  • Roy: Fire Emblem at least has Robin and Ike to show that it's not just clones of one character.
  • Lucas was inferior to Ness competitively before Smash 4, yet nobody seems to bat an eye, possibly because they were both low-tiers. Same with Wolf being inferior to both Fox AND Falco competitively, even if he wasn't low-tier. If people hate on Roy competitively but not those two, I really don't get it fully. Melee had a much bigger competitive scene and much more competitive discussion, while Brawl wasn't nearly as big in that department, so it makes a tiny shred of sense. I hate how we have Fire Marth as a huge meme and not Slow Fox or Ness without a Yo-yo, but they aren't as catchy. Maybe something will come to mind.
  • FE7 had a direct cliffhanger for FE6, as well as how FE7 was a prequel for it. It's a standalone title and the following game so that point does make sense, though.
  • The Brawl point is a difficult one to contend to, clones were much more unique there, it sold more than Melee, it's closer to Smash 4's part of the timeline than Melee, and it's much easier to port characters from it to the nwest game.
  • Maybe Roy jokes are easy but so are Lucas ones. Yet few make them. Roy jokes only add to the misconceptions that nobody likes him, that FE6 sucks, etc. and it's not a tradeoff I like.

I need to use my frustrations and find a way to offset the haters and make him as loved as Lucas. My next step seems like it'll be getting artists as prolithic as Katie to do comics that don't **** on Roy and instead welcome him to help the western perspective.

Well, Mother-fanbase is clearly more loving and less criticizing of whatever it has than FE's fanbase. Especially western fanbase. I can't blame them though, the series a lot way compasses so much humanity and faith on it despite so much bad and misery happening in the world, and it seems to carry over Smash-fandom as well - So I'm just happy Mother-fanbase is overly pure and loving as it is, it's better than nothing.

Lucas also isn't easily subjected to controversial test of how much he stacks as a character based on his personality, power and also easily toxicfied popularity he has, considering the series' nature. There's just plenty different circumstances here.

But on point, in Pixiv there's little to no fanart that puts Roy down - the ones beloving and showing his badass return is more prominent and in big numbers instead:

It's clearly a cultural difference thing, so I think Roy not having fans or being glad for his return and he is everything what his vocal haters is not objectively true in any means. It just proves that people have different taste, and in this case, it seems Japanese + Western fanbase of Roy won over the haters overall.
I wish I could trade places with the Japanese FE fanbase or Mother fanbase. :(

I feel like Roy's accomplishments and character stack up as well as Lucas's. Maybe if he was a Mother character rather than a Fire Emblem one, things would have gone much better.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I need to use my frustrations and find a way to offset the haters and make him as loved as Lucas. My next step seems like it'll be getting artists as prolithic as Katie to do comics that don't **** on Roy and instead welcome him to help the western perspective.
That would be honestly really difficult to do though. A lot of the opinions are hard-wired in the community, and even then, it's mostly subjective how you'd take liking Roy. We can't also deny the overall impression that plenty FE-fans in West don't really like him as a character or unit compared to Japanese. Roy's design flaws play a lot on that though. Finally, I'm sure not many would listen, especially when considering all above.

Secondly, it's a lot just western SSB-humor overall, especially when you look at the rest of the memes and things the series produce. We can only hope someone out there would challenge it someday, incase it gets stagnated over the years.

I wish I could trade places with the Japanese FE fanbase or Mother fanbase. :(

I feel like Roy's accomplishments and character stack up as well as Lucas's. Maybe if he was a Mother character rather than a Fire Emblem one, things would have gone much better.
I think he'd been much different than what he is now, honestly. Both series are also pretty different games too, so it's bit difficult to compare both. Roy's accomplishments are pretty on the big side though, and his positive traits are pretty rarely seen in the series.

Shortly, while haters out there keep claiming how Roy is objectively "bad", it's clearly shown that's not the case, especially when looking at Smash and his Eastern fanbase.

Nevertheless, Sakurai's inclusion on Roy and how he emphasizes on his personality and performance are something plenty wish would hear on just about any wished char they think they "deserve" to be in Smash, especially instead of Roy, should prove enough that Roy is held in high regard, most likely in same ways we feel and like about him over these years.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yet they treat Lucas like Jesus, and that him and Wolf like the only justifiable clones to return. I don't see people saying Mother 3 sucks, that it was a rehash of Mother 1, that nobody liked it, that Lucas is a bland character nobody likes or wants, that we don't need another Ness to make Mother's only representation semi-clones, etc. like they do for Roy. I've seen nobody complain about Lucas having the same Final Smash as Ness, while people made a big deal about Roy's Final Smash being a type of critical hit. Yet everyone looooooooooooves Lucas and there aren't comics or video animations putting him down with his return.

I don't know if I want to get into Wolf, because I do support his return, but there's so much more hypocrisy and double standards involved with him versus Roy than Lucas. At this point I'm pretty angry and honestly jealous of how hard of a road it's been and how difficult it continues to be. It's like no longer being trapped in a glass box only for it to break and to have to walk across a trail of all of its glass when finally being freed, and knowing that it may get worse after that trail.
It's not going to get worse.

Say it with me... "It's not going to get worse!"~♪

I've seen a lot more positive artwork of Roy than negative, and I've seen some nice stuff on Tumblr too. There's a whole new generation of people experiencing Roy, so he's going to get a lot of new fans.

About Lucas, well, I think it's just different views from different fanbases. Hypocrisy sucks though, and I was disappointed when I saw that Lucas' FS is practically the same as Ness'. I don't understand why some people say that Roy's FS is the same as Marth's; they're both unique in their own ways. I mean, I could make a bunch of FS similarities with other characters, so yeah, weird argument.

If I was good at drawing and making animations, I'd be making like a million Roy vids lol. I am taking an intro animation course this fall, so if anything comes from it, you know who I'll be animating after. ;)

This might be difficult if you want to make Roy '"loved" as much as Lucas, mostly because Roy's game never made it here and the differences in the fanbases. I don't think we should compare the two characters in that sense, but just focus on making a positive impact for Roy and the community.

I would think most popular comic artists would have means to contact them, especially if they're open for feedback. Problem is, their characters probably have a set personality and archetype, something they might no be willing to change after all this time (this will have an effect on their fans too).

It would be really nice to see an artist challenge these negatives views on Roy and paint things in a more positive light, or at least create some new, witty humour. Because honestly, I don't find predictable humour funny, and a lot of things have been done over and over again. I guess I'm a bigger fan of creative & new wit.

@ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ all those pics are broken for me. :( OTL Oh well, I'm a big fan of pixiv, and I've seen a lot of awesome Roy fanart before, so yeah lot's of love from there.

I'm sure we'll get some Nico Nico vids and memes featuring Roy and the Smash cast as well (I <3 Nico Nico memes lol).

Last edited:

Eureka

Smash Ace
Lucas: Only Mother representation is semi-clones with the same Final Smash.
Wolf: All three Star Fox reps are semi-clones of each other, complete with three Landmasters.
Roy: Fire Emblem at least has Robin and Ike to show that it's not just clones of one character.
The argument that Fire Emblem has too many clones to represent it is completely stupid. As you pointed out, both the Mother and Star Fox series are completely represented by semi-clones. The argument is just another product of grasping at straws and confirmation bias.
Lucas was inferior to Ness competitively before Smash 4, yet nobody seems to bat an eye, possibly because they were both low-tiers. Same with Wolf being inferior to both Fox AND Falco competitively, even if he wasn't low-tier. If people hate on Roy competitively but not those two, I really don't get it fully. Melee had a much bigger competitive scene and much more competitive discussion, while Brawl wasn't nearly as big in that department, so it makes a tiny shred of sense. I hate how we have Fire Marth as a huge meme and not Slow Fox or Ness without a Yo-yo, but they aren't as catchy. Maybe something will come to mind.
When people have only one example of a character, they tend to assume that it will fit that image, even when it probably won't. Considering at least 70% of the top characters it really didn't make sense, but people like to fit things in existing knowledge. The reason "Fire Marth" is a joke because, well, that's pretty much what Roy was in Melee. Oh sure he had a different weight, speed, fall speed, jump height, and sweetspot placement. But to the vast majority of Melee players (aka not the competitive ones) the only thing that made Roy unique was he had t3h ph1r3. Hence "Fire Marth". Wolf and Lucas have apparent differences even to a casual observer, but at a glance, Melee Roy is almost identical to Marth. And unfortunately, PM just didn't have the influence to sway people's opinions of the character and prove that, yes, he can be more than Fire Marth.
Maybe Roy jokes are easy but so are Lucas ones. Yet few make them. Roy jokes only add to the misconceptions that nobody likes him, that FE6 sucks, etc. and it's not a tradeoff I like.
Care to share some Lucas jokes? Considering how hard you've made me laugh before I'm sure they're great. But unfortunately, Roy is currently an easier and more acceptable target. I suspect that may change in the future though. I think I understand how Sanic mains feel now though.
Roy has always been the butt monkey it Katie's comics way before Smash 4 even existed. If people starting giving Roy some respect in those comics I'd think there was something wrong.

Roy may not be thought of as highly as other Smash Brothers characters, but just give it some time. People need to have some time to play as, have fun with, and learn about Roy. People's opinions will change, just look at me. I didn't want Roy in because I had never played Melee and didn't understand what Nintendo could do with the character to make him more interesting. But damn when I saw that leaked classic mode video I was impressed, and after the direct finished I downloaded Roy as soon as I could (read: 1 hour later, poor, poor eshop). And after that I hopped on this social and got to interact with people who had liked Roy for a long time. Now I'm a fan of the character, and I feel other people will come to love him too.

Last edited:

micahclay

Smash Rookie
I didn't want Roy because I didn't want Marth 3 after we already had Marth and other Marth. I'm glad we got him though, because playing Roy just feels right. I played Marth in PM and Melee, but the way they did him in Smash 4 made me bitter. Roy is the closest thing to old Marth in this game, so I love him.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I legitimately think people don't hate Roy. Infact, I think that he is more popular than Lucas, I've seen MUCH more Roy talk than Lucas talk.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
On the top of the page, it annoys me that Roy isn't red, I mean I understand
all the way but it's weird to the eye seeing a blue Roy.

That would be honestly really difficult to do though. A lot of the opinions are hard-wired in the community, and even then, it's mostly subjective how you'd take liking Roy. We can't also deny the overall impression that plenty FE-fans in West don't really like him as a character or unit compared to Japanese. Roy's design flaws play a lot on that though. Finally, I'm sure not many would listen, especially when considering all above.

Secondly, it's a lot just western SSB-humor overall, especially when you look at the rest of the memes and things the series produce. We can only hope someone out there would challenge it someday, incase it gets stagnated over the years.

I think he'd been much different than what he is now, honestly. Both series are also pretty different games too, so it's bit difficult to compare both. Roy's accomplishments are pretty on the big side though, and his positive traits are pretty rarely seen in the series.

Shortly, while haters out there keep claiming how Roy is objectively "bad", it's clearly shown that's not the case, especially when looking at Smash and his Eastern fanbase.

Nevertheless, Sakurai's inclusion on Roy and how he emphasizes on his personality and performance are something plenty wish would hear on just about any wished char they think they "deserve" to be in Smash, especially instead of Roy, should prove enough that Roy is held in high regard, most likely in same ways we feel and like about him over these years.
True, it feels that memes like "better nerf Greninja" or "Marth wields a dagger in this game" may irritate some, but I don't think they make anyone dislike or hate Greninja, Marth, etc. I might be too paranoid in Roy's case.

If there's any long-term implications from Roy's inclusion that last past it all, I plan to tackle them.

Instead of simply being envious of what Lucas has, I should aim to boost Roy to his level. I also need to learn how to win against people who claim Roy is "objectively bad", I can never seem to crack or beat them now and have done nothing but lose lately in that regard. My debate skills have really deteriorated and I've been losing patience too quickly. Either that, or Roy's hatebase is getting much more stubborn now that he's in. I need to just relax and let it build back up over time, for a time it'll truly be needed. I should really be grateful of Sakurai's words on Roy, both in his reveal and recent articles. It is insensitive and unecessary for me to be jealous of a character who isn't even in. I'm having a hard time myself accepting that Roy is actually in the game, which may be part of that with how surreal it is, but it'll catch up to me at some point.

It's not going to get worse.

Say it with me... "It's not going to get worse!"~♪

I've seen a lot more positive artwork of Roy than negative, and I've seen some nice stuff on Tumblr too. There's a whole new generation of people experiencing Roy, so he's going to get a lot of new fans.

About Lucas, well, I think it's just different views from different fanbases. Hypocrisy sucks though, and I was disappointed when I saw that Lucas' FS is practically the same as Ness'. I don't understand why some people say that Roy's FS is the same as Marth's; they're both unique in their own ways. I mean, I could make a bunch of FS similarities with other characters, so yeah, weird argument.

If I was good at drawing and making animations, I'd be making like a million Roy vids lol. I am taking an intro animation course this fall, so if anything comes from it, you know who I'll be animating after. ;)

This might be difficult if you want to make Roy '"loved" as much as Lucas, mostly because Roy's game never made it here and the differences in the fanbases. I don't think we should compare the two characters in that sense, but just focus on making a positive impact for Roy and the community.

I would think most popular comic artists would have means to contact them, especially if they're open for feedback. Problem is, their characters probably have a set personality and archetype, something they might no be willing to change after all this time (this will have an effect on their fans too).

It would be really nice to see an artist challenge these negatives views on Roy and paint things in a more positive light, or at least create some new, witty humour. Because honestly, I don't find predictable humour funny, and a lot of things have been done over and over again. I guess I'm a bigger fan of creative & new wit.

@ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ all those pics are broken for me. :( OTL Oh well, I'm a big fan of pixiv, and I've seen a lot of awesome Roy fanart before, so yeah lot's of love from there.

I'm sure we'll get some Nico Nico vids and memes featuring Roy and the Smash cast as well (I <3 Nico Nico memes lol).
Yeah, I need to remember that. It could have gone much worse before his reveal, he could have been scrapped with an article explaining why or taken much longer to be announced, much less released, and now he's in, so at the very least, he's in the game and a lot of people are enjoying him.

I look forward to you taking the course and animating, and anything that may come of it.

Would it be good if Roy being as loved as Lucas was a goal or standard, or should I simply aim to spread good publicity on him every now and then?

I should find artists who could paint Roy in a better light, or ones who don't already use him as a character in their work but look forward to the idea. Though Roy being painted in a better light could be done gradually by certain artists who already use him, it would still be in-character if Roy continues to deal with those struggles in-comic for some time before finally lifting them. It's just something I should hope for rather than push onto them.

The argument that Fire Emblem has too many clones to represent it is completely stupid. As you pointed out, both the Mother and Star Fox series are completely represented by semi-clones. The argument is just another product of grasping at straws and confirmation bias.

When people have only one example of a character, they tend to assume that it will fit that image, even when it probably won't. Considering at least 70% of the top characters it really didn't make sense, but people like to fit things in existing knowledge. The reason "Fire Marth" is a joke because, well, that's pretty much what Roy was in Melee. Oh sure he had a different weight, speed, fall speed, jump height, and sweetspot placement. But to the vast majority of Melee players (aka not the competitive ones) the only thing that made Roy unique was he had t3h ph1r3. Hence "Fire Marth". Wolf and Lucas have apparent differences even to a casual observer, but at a glance, Melee Roy is almost identical to Marth. And unfortunately, PM just didn't have the influence to sway people's opinions of the character and prove that, yes, he can be more than Fire Marth.

Care to share some Lucas jokes? Considering how hard you've made me laugh before I'm sure they're great. But unfortunately, Roy is currently an easier and more acceptable target. I suspect that may change in the future though. I think I understand how Sanic mains feel now though.

Roy has always been the butt monkey it Katie's comics way before Smash 4 even existed. If people starting giving Roy some respect in those comics I'd think there was something wrong.

Roy may not be thought of as highly as other Smash Brothers characters, but just give it some time. People need to have some time to play as, have fun with, and learn about Roy. People's opinions will change, just look at me. I didn't want Roy in because I had never played Melee and didn't understand what Nintendo could do with the character to make him more interesting. But damn when I saw that leaked classic mode video I was impressed, and after the direct finished I downloaded Roy as soon as I could (read: 1 hour later, poor, poor eshop). And after that I hopped on this social and got to interact with people who had liked Roy for a long time. Now I'm a fan of the character, and I feel other people will come to love him too.
Yeah, it is true that Roy is much more of a clone than Brawl's clones. I don't really know how to combat that point or bring Roy to their standards by more than grasping at straws/bias. It's something I may learn to do over time, if Roy hate remains prevalent over the years and if he still gets widespread flak for being added over certain characters. I should be focusing much more on his current tools, design, and Luigification rather than his past, and these are issues I should save for when they actual arise from others.

Lucas does have some jokes, a whole family of them ;) I do see these poked at sometimes, but not as much as Roy's design flaws. Though they're things the characters themselves both can't control. I also may be too paranoid with them, and some of the Roy jokes are hard to separate from blatant hate of the character. The Miiverse stage isn't the kindest for Roy, but after looking at Sonic, Zero Suit Samus, and Villager posts while playing with friends on the Miiverse stage, I can understand how they're more frustrating to be fans via source material. I doubt their posts make the characters any more disliked by people who choose to play as them, so it may be more paranoia kicking in on my part.

I feel Roy can improve over time or be warmed up to by Katie's cast, still going through misfortune over time but eventually defeating it or getting a bittersweet ending. However, it's not something I want to push on her and would rather push on other artists who don't already have a character for Roy but like the idea, or those who already have him in a positive light. I should see what Archdan's up to...

That is a refreshing anecdote, and I'm hoping people who still hate Roy two weeks after his reveal eventually warm up to him.

Very well, then. I'll focus on some other things for now, and once summer picks up, things settle down, people get more used to Roy, etc. I'll have my plans ready then.

On the top of the page, it annoys me that Roy isn't red, I mean I understand
all the way but it's weird to the eye seeing a blue Roy.
Eliwood is da MVP, the GOAT, etc. **** the red unit!! The palette based on Eliwood alone redeems that palette and makes it the greatest, alongside Marcus.
Though it's changed... for now:luigi:

Also I am totally digging Rainbow Kappa.

Last edited:

Eureka

Smash Ace
I really want to see Roy take some names at CEO. I think both him and Ryu both have the surprise factor to do some damage at CEO, akin to Abadango and his Pac-Man at Apex.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I have some Lucas jokes!... well, mostly inside jokes that are probably only funny to me.

A lot of them revolve around trouser snakes and psychedelic experiences (I am so immature). In fact, I used to have this as an avatar some time ago:

Oh, and also some stuff about unused Mother 3 bosses, because damn, a lot look creepy.

LUUUUUCAAASSS!!... I'm h…a…p…p…y... friends... It hurts... it hurts…

I have some Lucas jokes!... well, mostly inside jokes that are probably only funny to me.

A lot of them revolve around trouser snakes and psychedelic experiences (I am so immature). In fact, I used to have this as an avatar some time ago:

Oh, and also some stuff about unused Mother 3 bosses, because damn, a lot look creepy.

LUUUUUCAAASSS!!... I'm h…a…p…p…y... friends... It hurts... it hurts…
Probably a ridíckulous amount of snake jokes, too. :seuss:

I really want to see Roy take some names at CEO. I think both him and Ryu both have the surprise factor to do some damage at CEO, akin to Abadango and his Pac-Man at Apex.
Surprise factor to do some damage, eh?

!!

I have to tie this in more to a post about snakes after all.

I also read akin as Anakin at first and imagined Roy fitting him well with his red sword trail.

Snake in a box and the snake jokes earlier remind me of a certain song, too....

This came out around the time I first supported Roy, by playing FE6 after exposure to FE7.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Would it be good if Roy being as loved as Lucas was a goal or standard, or should I simply aim to spread good publicity on him every now and then?
I personally would just focus on Roy, and not really compare him to anyone else in terms of setting standards. Kinda like making our own goals and challenges. In other words, it's not a matter of making Roy loved as much as Lucas, but just getting more people on board with Roy in general. Spreading positive publicity at any given opportunity would be great.

When you think about it, a lot of popular Smash characters in the fandom are either famous or infamous thanks to memes and such. A lot of people love Luigi because he's blooming with more personality compared to Mario (even if it's something negative like cowardice) and there's so many Luigi memes as well. Heck, Captain Falcon is like a walking meme. Not that I don't mind, but it's nice to see fans appreciate characters for who they are in their source games as well. Falcon is like a silent type badass hero in the series (and if you played GX, his secret video is like lolwut) and he's pretty badass in the F-Zero anime too. One of my fave parts in GX is when Falcon goes to a diner to relax, but he ends up helping Neelsen. He just goes along with the crazy old man's plan lmao. Here's the scene:

Voice acting is amazing. :troll:

Last edited:
I personally would just focus on Roy, and not really compare him to anyone else in terms of setting standards. Kinda like making our own goals and challenges. In other words, it's not a matter of making Roy loved as much as Lucas, but just getting more people on board with Roy in general. Spreading positive publicity at any given opportunity would be great.

When you think about it, a lot of popular Smash characters in the fandom are either famous or infamous thanks to memes and such. A lot of people love Luigi because he's blooming with more personality compared to Mario (even if it's something negative like cowardice) and there's so many Luigi memes as well. Heck, Captain Falcon is like a walking meme. Not that I don't mind, but it's nice to see fans appreciate characters for who they are in their source games as well. Falcon is like a silent type badass hero in the series (and if you played GX, his secret video is like lolwut) and he's pretty badass in the F-Zero anime too. One of my fave parts in GX is when Falcon goes to a diner to relax, but he ends up helping Neelsen. He just goes along with the crazy old man's plan lmao. Here's the scene:

Voice acting is amazing. :troll:
F-ZEEEEEEEEEERO

F-ZEEEEEEEEEEERO

Even Mr. Combo identifies with Falcon so much.

Meta1

Smash Rookie
Roys just a marth clone. We already have 2 Marths, what's the point in having 3? Save that extra slot for ridley.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Roys just a marth clone. We already have 2 Marths, what's the point in having 3? Save that extra slot for ridley.
Bruh, you're trolling game needs some serious work. There's absolutely nothing that's funny or compels me to anger. It also has absolutely no basis in reality. I'd put it at a 2/10 right now. Unless your serious in which case please, go away and don't come back.

Good one. Gonna copy+paste the "Why does Roy deserve to return" section on our previous site here.

· Roy for Smash 4 - Home

· Why does Roy deserve to return?

· Support Roy here! Reaching the Big Dogs

· Ideas on handling Roy's return

· Credit & Contact Us

NOTE: This section is simply meant to tackle specific points from Roy's detractors, and to convince those not sold on Roy for specific reasons. CTRL+F and the Table of Contents are your friends.
If you decide to tackle it all, this page is extremely long, but it covers Roy's importance, potential issues, and why Roy deserves to be in from as many angles as possible. Keep in mind that it's over 3,000 words and 17,000 characters long.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

• Roy's Importance to Fire Emblem
  • What Roy would bring for Sm4sh and Fire Emblem
  • What Roy's newfound relevancy could be used for
  • Does Fire Emblem deserve a fifth fighter?
  • Is Roy Relevant?
  • How was relevancy used for other returning veterans?
  • "Roy isn't unique. We don't need another Marth. Vote for someone unique, like Hector or Ephraim."
  • "We all know Sakurai wouldn't redesign him" and "For those who don't mind him returning as a clone"
  • "Lucina plays just like Roy"
  • Roy's niche as a fighter
  • Is Roy in the same boat as Chrom?
  • "Roy was just an advertisement for his game. He had his turn. No reason for him to return."
  • Is Roy well-liked, and do people like his game?
  • Why do people even like Roy?
  • Potential Issues Regarding Roy's Return: How they aren’t truly issues:
Roy's Importance to Fire Emblem:

• Saving the series:

Shouzou Kaga, who originally created and worked on Fire Emblem, left after the fifth game along with his team. As the sixth game, Roy's game helped revive the series to ultimately make it what it is today. Without Roy, we wouldn't have Ike, Robin, or Lucina.

• Bringing the series overseas:

The popularity of Marth and Roy brought Fire Emblem overseas, due to their western popularity in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
    The first Fire Emblem game to come overseas was a prequel to Roy's story. Without Roy and how much this prequel built off Roy's story, it wouldn't even have a base to exist upon.
What Roy would bring for Sm4sh and Fire Emblem:

• Proper Fire Emblem representation. Elibe is the only international Fire Emblem continent with two games that doesn't have a playable rep. Roy would also represent the GBA part of the series, while Marth covers the NES SNES, and DS, Ike covers the Gamecube and Wii, and Robin/Lucina cover the 3DS. Roy, as the most clear-cut leading character of Elibe, a continent that makes two-thirds of the GBA Fire Emblem games, would be the perfect representative choice of one of the biggest systems for Fire Emblem (3 Fire Emblems on GBA rivals only the SNES having three Fire Emblems) and one of the biggest continents for the series, both of which lack representation.
  • Roy is the only veteran missing out of the Fire Emblem fighters, which means he has popularity from Super Smash Bros. Melee backing him, and he would give many players their main back. That cannot be said for any other Fire Emblem character, or for newcomers.
  • Fire Emblem lacks proper representation of its roots. While we have Marth and Ike standing for two major points of the series, Roy is a missing gap directly between them. Not only that, but half of Fire Emblem's playable representation is from the newest game, Awakening, which is only a thirteenth of the current series, and even less when the upcoming games are accounted for. An older character would be arguably much better for the health of the series than an upcoming protagonist or another Awakening character, either would simply cause an unhealthy imbalance in Fire Emblem's representation.
What Roy's newfound relevancy could be used for:

• Fire Emblem: Binding Blade on Virtual Console for the Wii U, or a remake of the game would bring Fire Emblem to more modern Nintendo fans, and it'd tie in well with the Virtual Console release of Fire Emblem, because of its cliffhanger in the ending leading directly into Roy's game. An earlier promotion of Roy would prevent all complaints of his statistics or viability.
  • A sequel to Binding Blade on the Wii U could bring out the best of the console for a core Fire Emblem experience, while Shin Megami Tensei branches into something new for Fire Emblem, and Hoshido and Nohr cover the handheld side.
Does Fire Emblem deserve a fifth fighter?

• Fire Emblem is currently going strong. With Hoshido and Nohr coming to the 3DS, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem coming to the Wii U, and the revival of the TCG hitting the trading card market, Fire Emblem is currently one of Nintendo's largest franchises.
  • Besides the current state and the future of the series, Fire Emblem also has strong roots. The series spans back to the 90's with over a dozen games across multiple generations of Nintendo platforms, featuring hundreds of unique characters, each with their own backstory, personality, and stats. Why should only four of those characters be represented?
Is Roy Relevant?

• With a redesign in Fire Emblem: Awakening, and an appearance in the Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem trailer, he has plenty of relevancy for a Fire Emblem character. He's also one of the most prominently-featured characters in a drawing by Yusuke Kozaki, artist of Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Fire Emblem: If, which commemorates the 25th anniversary of the series, 2015. Roy can be seen all the way to the left, with his arms crossed.

• Not only is Roy relevant to the recent games of the series, he also has high chances to return to several games in the series. Fire Emblem Hoshido/Nohr and the Fire Emblem TCG both feature characters from past games of the series, and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem features a brief cameo of Gangrel being summoned, as well as characters who are spiritual successors to past characters. Roy or a successor to his bloodline (Elbert, Eliwood, Roy) is very likely to be featured at least once in these games.
How was relevancy used for other returning veterans?

• Mewtwo was out of the Pokemon spotlight for a long time, until it received two mega evolutions, a movie, and an appearance in X&Y, which helped justify its inclusion as a DLC character.
  • While the later games in the Dr. Mario series aren't talked about much, it still features titles on the DS, Wii, and Wii U.
  • Lucas, however, isn't on the same level of relevancy of Roy and Mewtwo, but still managed to return. Does Roy really have to be on such a high pedestal to return?
"Roy isn't unique. We don't need another Marth. Vote for someone unique, like Hector or Ephraim."

• While Roy isn't seen as unique by a fair amount of Smash fans, with his clone properties in Melee and simply wielding a sword, he has much more significance than other Fire Emblem characters. Hector himself is simply the third wheel in his own game, having an even lesser role than Lyndis, who becomes much less of a main character after Chapter 10 and would have to be removed from Assist Trophy status to become a fighter. Eliwood, the game's main character, is a very minor NPC until a third into his game. Roy is the clear-cut leader and main character of FE6 from the get-go, and remains so until the very end of his story, surpassing the achievements of Elibe's previous lords, which are covered later under "Why do people even like Roy?" He is more suited to lead Elibe's representation than its other lords. With Ephraim, Magvel isn't a significant continent to the series, only sporting one game while not having nearly as much to show for with the series as a whole as Elibe. Ephraim himself doesn't show up until a third into his story, and his route later is simply optional. Magvel itself isn't important enough to reasonably be prioritized over Elibe, and Ephraim isn't a significant enough character to be compared to the likes of Roy. NOTE: While Roy is justifed more here than other Fire Emblem protagonists, this isn't meant to discourage people from voting for them. If you want Lyndis, Sigurd, Chrom, Eliwood, or Ephraim, etc. in the game, vote for them and present their strengths.
  • Roy is a sword wielder, but the Sword of Seals has many unique properties. It can create and ignite flame projectiles, it can heal Roy, it deals multiplied damage to dragons, it can seal away beings in ice, and it's considered the strongest legendary weapon in Elibe. Roy himself is very acrobatic, and his fighting styles via fencing with rapiers, and his Sword of Seals are unlike anything we've see from the other swordfighters in Super Smash Bros. He definitely has potential to be very unique, if the redesign route is taken.
  • Smash's Fire Emblem side has a fairly abundant amount of blue hair, within 3/4 of its fighters, and Chrom's assisting role in a Final Smash doesn't help. Roy's return, along with Robin's playability and Lyndis's role as Assist Trophy, would prove that Fire Emblem isn't simply blue-haired protagonists. Pretty ironic, considering that even Robin has blue hair in a palette swap.
  • Here is a collection of statistics on Roy's popularity, including a poll comparing his popularity to other Fire Emblem characters for requests for a Smash fighter: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...y-for-dlc-new-op.324203/page-25#post-15647046
  • Due to Roy's novelty of being a veteran, he would sell well for those who at least enjoyed him in Melee. That cannot be said for the more "unique" characters in Fire Emblem.

"We all know Sakurai wouldn't redesign him"

• Which is what the Fighter Ballot is for. Mention that you'd like to see Roy return, but only if his moveset receives a redesign that truly brings out the strengths of his gameplay fundamentals, source material, and character. The ballot: https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
  • If you don't want to use your vote on Roy, nintendo@noa.com will forward feedback to the higher-ups. You're not limited to a 500 character limit, so have at it!
  • Dr. Mario is often brought up. Dr. Mario is literally Mario in a labcoat, a redesign would be sooooo out of character for him.
  • A common misconception is that Mewtwo wasn't changed from Melee, when his full moveset features many changed and repurposed moves and animations, for balancing purposes and to bring more life out of the character. Mewtwo himself wasn't a clone character, so he didn't need these changes, yet he received them for balance purposes. Since Roy was always near Mewtwo on the tier lists in Melee, Roy is also likely to receive the same treatment.
  • For rebalancing purposes, not only did Mewtwo receive a fair amount of changes, but Bowser and Yoshi did as well.
  • Many of Pit's changes as a Brawl veteran involved him becoming more faithful to his source material and his newest game. The same happening for Roy isn't unlikely.
  • Falco and Ganondorf were clones on the same level of Roy in Melee. Throughout the years, they've lost their clone properties and have become more unique with each installment, to the point where very few consider them clones. Since Roy was planned to appear in Brawl, the plans and vision for him would likely resurface here.
  • With Lucas, he already had a unique moveset compared to Ness, sharing very little. Even then, he's still in development, and not many of Mewtwo's changes were featured in his trailer, so Lucas is likely to become a lot more than what we've seen in his trailer.
For those who don't mind Roy returning as a clone:

• Mention via ballot or email that you're indifferent to or that you want Roy to remain a clone. Nobody should be ashamed for liking clone characters or wanting a character to return as a clone, and not everyone who wants Roy for DLC wants a redesign, so speak from the heart about it.
"Lucina plays just like Roy"

• Lucina plays nothing like Roy. Lucina has a balanced blade playstyle, where she is neither rewarded nor penalized for which part of the blade she hits with. Roy, like Marth, has a sweetspot and sourspot within his blade, with the sweetspot dealing more damage and the sourspot dealing less damage. His sweetspot is closer to the hilt of the blade, while his sourspot is the tip, similar to Marth's hitboxes on Falchion in reverse. Roy also has different frames that moves come out on and stay active, different hitboxes, different trajectory on almost all of his moves, and a decent amount of multi-hitting moves due to his flame properties. Lucina shares far too many properties with Marth to ever be a suitable Roy replacement, she's more of her own deal.
Roy's niche as a fighter:

• Those who like Marth's tipper playstyle can use Marth, and those who dislike his tipper playstyle but enjoy his moveset can use Lucina. Meanwhile, those who prefer a more up-close and personal swordsman focused more on rushdown than Marth and Lucina could use Roy. While Shulk deals more damage near the base of the Monado, his sweetspots aren't nearly as extreme or noticable as Roy's. It takes a keen eye to even notice Shulk's sweetspots. Plus, Shulk doesn't fit Roy's style even with similar sweetspots, due to Shulk's massive zoning potential and Monado Arts.
  • Roy would likely be an in-between of Marth/Lucina's swift movement and attacks, and Ike's slower movement and powerful attacks. He may also be an in-between of not just them, but Robin, due to the magical properties of the Sword of Seals, bringing together a unique playstyle from the elements of other Fire Emblem characters, no fire or elemental spell puns intended.
  • Roy could be the game's only glass cannon swordsman, as well as bringing more to the table as a glass cannon. The game's true glass cannons are Captain Falcon, Fox, and Mewtwo. Captain Falcon and Fox both benefit from and suffer fast falling speed, which makes them easy to combo and set up kills on. However, it also makes their aerials much more fierce, due to being able to act more quickly after them. Mewtwo is large, meaning he's easy to hit, and light, meaning he's easy to kill, but he has many recovery options, powerful attacks, and long range in his attacks, making him efficient for a skillful and evasive player. All three of them have strong punish games, which makes them stand out most as glass cannons. Roy himself has fast falling speed, which made him easy to combo and set up kills on, but his aerials were very potent. Roy also has to keep pressure on his opponents with his close sweetspot, putting himself at risk, which is a unique trait nobody on the roster possesses. Please, Sakurai. Please, please, please DON'T make Roy's sourspot as weak as it was in Melee. Due to its very low hitstun, a player could be immediately punished for landing a tipped hit. If Roy's sourspot were as weak as Marth's sourspot, where a tipped hit from Roy would deal less damage but still knock a foe far enough away and deal enough hitstun to keep Roy safe for hitting them, it would be a very fine way to balance out Roy, since his sweetspot obviously wouldn't be as strong as Marth's tipper. Roy's tip being much weaker than it should have been restricted Roy as a fighter and the player, and it punished players for landing hits.
  • The red flame to Ike's blue flame. Seriously, that would be dope.
Is Roy in the same boat as Chrom?

• http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/1...ros-says-he-lacks-any-unique-characteristics/
  • “At the end of the day, Chrom would just end up being another plain-old sword-wielder like Marth and Ike."
  • Why are Marth and Ike exempt? Because they are veterans. Roy himself is a veteran just as much as Ike, so this quote bodes well for him. Not only that, but when Roy's unique properties were mentioned under "'Roy isn't unique. We don't need another Marth. Vote for someone unique, like Hector or Ephraim'" earlier on this page, many unique qualities about Roy were listed. Besides, even if this quote was bad for Roy, Sakurai says a lot of things. That is all.
"Roy was just an advertisement for his game. He had his turn. No reason for him to return."

• Lucas, Ike, Captain Falcon, and Ness say hi. The Ice Climbers would also be waving, if it weren't for those darned 3DS limitations. Maybe someday...
  • Roy's significance and why he's a prime choice for representation were also covered under "Roy's importance to Fire Emblem" and "What Roy would bring for Sm4sh and Fire Emblem." He may have been nothing but a poster boy back in 2001, but he's much more now.
Is Roy well-liked, and do people like his game?

Potential Issues Regarding Roy's Return: How they aren’t truly issues:

Alternate Costume:

• Some fans see obstacles where Roy would need to be an alternate costume, which would simply not work. If a fighter at least has one trait that differentiates them from another character, their poor soul is freed from being an alternate costume. While Lucina is a direct clone of Marth, she was given different blade mechanics as a bonus. Roy himself is even more unique compared to Marth than Lucina, and he already possesses a moveset in Melee, so he could not work as an alternate costume. Plus, Roy as an alternate costume on any of the Fire Emblem characters wouldn't make any sense. Lucina impersonates Marth and shares his fighting style in canon, while Roy never crosses time or setting with Marth, Ike, Lucina, or Robin while he's alive.

The Roy Koopaling:

• While they do share the name Roy, it's very easy to differentiate between them. A human swordsman, and a turtle with (rad) sunglasses in a clown car are near impossible to mistake. This is a game where 8 players can all pick and play Mario, too. If it comes down to it, Roy (Fire Emblem) should carry the Roy name, while the koopalings all receive "Koopa" at the end of their names to make them easier to not only differentiate with Roy, but also with common human names. Really, though, it shouldn't be an issue if both are simply named "Roy"
  • "Roy is already in Smash" jokes show that many people remember Roy, and have taught at least a few people who our boy is. If anything, they help Roy's chances of inclusion.

Source: http://tecchen.tumblr.com/

Clone vs. New Moveset:

• Honestly, it's an issue with different sides. Many people want Roy decloned, or don't want him back because he's a clone, and many people want Roy back as a clone, or only want to play him as a clone. There is no pleasing everyone. Everyone who wants Roy in one shape or another should speak from the heart about it.
  • If you want Roy decloned or for Roy to gain a new moveset, the fighter ballot at https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/allows you to voice your feedback. If you don't want to use your vote on Roy, email nintendo@noa.com.
  • If you want Roy to return as the same deal, the fighter ballot at https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/ allows you to voice your feedback. If you don't want to use your vote on Roy, email nintendo@noa.com.
  • If you're indifferent on Roy being a clone or not, it simply gives you more of the 500 character limit on the ballot to use, or more focus on the email to talk about why you want Roy in, and why he deserves to be in.
His colors are already represented in a palette swap:

• Mario/Wario and Pit/Dark Pit are in the same boat. Mario has a Wario palette, and Pit and Dark Pit both have palette swaps that reference each other. The best part is, Roy could potentially bring a Marth palette, so the two could run around in each other's colors, making for very entertaining shenanigans, especially in teams.

Lucina is already in the game:

• With Marth's tipper, Roy's close-range preference, and Lucina's balanced blade, they would all have their own playstyles and roles. However, Roy has potential to be so much more than a clone of Marth, which is only possible if we continue throwing in fighter ballot and email support for Roy requesting for his unique properties via source material to be drawn from.
With all that said, Roy has a lot of potential as a fighter if he returns as DLC for the newest Super Smash Bros. To support Roy's return, please support Roy here!

Why do people even like Roy?

• For the Super Smash Bros. side, Roy’s unique playstyle appealed to many, despite being a clone character. While he’s always been a mid or low tier character on the tier lists, that doesn’t mean he’s completely absent in competitive play, and many players love him in casual play. Statistics linked earlier via "Roy isn't unique. We don't need another Marth. Vote for someone unique, like Hector or Ephraim" contain data on how well-liked Roy is by Smash fans.
  • In Fire Emblem, Roy has unique traits that make him shine as a character. In the Fire Emblem Wikia, athttp://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Roy, Roy by personality is described to be “an upstanding, thoughtful, and idealistic young man who repeatedly shows a desire to help and support others, shown in his interaction with Guinivere and his friend since youth, Lilina. While he would prefer to avoid blood-shed – a fact reflected in his interaction with Guinivere and his tactical efforts to conserve his soldiers – he maintains a strong resolve to see peace return to Elibe. Unlike most young protagonists, however, he is perceptive and cunning for his age – he tricks a traitorous Lycian vassal into exposing himself, deciphers that the bard Elphin is more than he seems (though he does not pursue the truth against Elphin's will), and often reacts calmly and tactically to disturbing news.” Fire Emblem fans love Roy for his gentle nature, his strong leadership traits, his love for human and dragonkind, and his wisdom at such a young age.
  • Throughout Roy’s story, he gathers the support of soldiers and representatives from Elibe’s smallest provinces, standing up to not only the largest nation in the world, but their control over dragonkind in order to bring justice to the world.
  • As a spoiler warning, the rest of this section will go into the end of Roy’s tale, starting with Roy’s ending, if he is unpaired by the end of the game. Interestingly enough, he still receives this ending in the manga, Hasha no Tsurugi, despite being married. “Roy returned home to rebuild the lands in Lycia that were trampled on during the war. Although both Etruria and Bern offered him high-ranking positions in their courts, he never accepted any of them. Still, people always seemed to like him, and he left behind many legends during the course of his life.” This ending further shows Roy’s love for mankind and his will to improve it. He remains well-liked, and continues to create legends, even after saving the world.
  • When confronting Zephiel, Roy and Zephiel’s ideals clash. Roy’s final reply is “You have lost faith in humanity and in yourself. I believe in mankind, and I know that your lunacy must be stopped!” This is where Roy's love for humankind shines the brightest before one of the most epic battles in the series.

• Before the final confrontation of The Binding Blade, Roy knows and declares his final role in the war. “Now is the time of truth! I have the blade of Hartmut, who took pity on you and spared your life! Everyone, leave the final blow to me!!” Another epic battle ensues, as Roy finishes the final battle of his story. In the best possible ending of The Binding Blade, where Roy deals the final blow to the dark dragon, he saves the final boss, allowing her a life of happiness after freeing her from her fate. This essentially makes Roy not only one to surpass his father and comrades, but Hartmut as well, Elibe’s greatest historical hero. His love for mankind and his vision of humankind and dragonkind living peacefully shows most here. Afterwards, he goes into a life of helping others rebuild after the war, and leaves great accomplishments, as quoted earlier through his Young Lion ending.

Source:

http://www1.oekakibbs.com/bbs/poo_themefan/131700/log_131600.html

Also, read this thread's op:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-lycia-alliance-roy-legacy-support-thread.324203/

You would know Roy is far from a "wasted slot" after reading those.

Also know that he did not steal a newcomer's spot, they obviously had Roy in mind as someone who would be quick and easy to design. Roy has a previous moveset and unique characteristics to go off of, he was planned for Brawl and was the second-most completed character behind Mewtwo in its files which means they already had plans to bring him to the level of Brawl's semi-clones like they did Falco and Ganondorf, and Luigi from N64 to Melee and Brawl. Semi-clones are balanced with their counterparts in mind, taking up much less time than any newcomer. Out of any character chosen, he is among the least of the ones who would "waste a slot." A newcomer would take much more time to create and balance among the cast, essentially making them more of a "wasted slot" in your definition. If they planned a certain amount of slots, they probably planned one or two that would take less time and allow more total slots in advance. Lucina was one literal step away from being an alt costume, with changes that could be made in under five minutes in Brawl Box, and Sakurai considers her a freebie that doesn't add manhours. She plays nothing like Roy, wasn't planned to be her own character to begin with, and is simply Marth for novice players or those who like the balanced blade playstyle as a side project that doesn't add enough development time to make or break absolutely any content, are you seriously going to use her to detract from Roy's inclusion in any sense?

The time you spend whining about Roy could be used to support Ridley, too. Roy's in the game, get over it, more characters are going to "waste" Ridley's "slot" if you don't use this time to support Ridley.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
As someone who supported Roy because of seeing him in Sword of Seals, I've actually never really played the game...but I will just right now. I'm pretty excited tbh, as it will also be my first FE.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Salty after you lost a match with Roy? Don't blame yourself because it's never your fault! Blame the lag, or your controller, or the fact that Roy's wavedash is too attractive!

Here's a john generator so you can generate some wacky excuses for losing!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Salty after you lost a match with Roy? Don't blame yourself because it's never your fault! Blame the lag, or your controller, or the fact that Roy's wavedash is too attractive!

"I lost because my 3DS is making me SD."
"I lost because the posts on Miiverse are disturbing me."

how relatable

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
As someone who supported Roy because of seeing him in Sword of Seals, I've actually never really played the game...but I will just right now. I'm pretty excited tbh, as it will also be my first FE.
first FE? ehhh, good luck then
"I lost because my 3DS is making me SD."
"I lost because the posts on Miiverse are disturbing me."
"thanks obama" (yes I'm going to use this after I just used it)

A timed match to see whether my opponent unplugs their controller out of sheer terror or loses their stock first.

I've never related harder in my life. Reddit is nothing but bad experiences and ignorance for me.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

"I lost because the USA is reminding me of my ex."
"I lost because my brain is using infinite combos."
"I lost because my hands were ethically superior to me."

Wut.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

:( It's not nice to manipulate a person's emotions to help make them lose.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
"I lost because Roy's wavedash is ethically superior to me."

You're damn right it is.

What's the worst Fire emblem game of your choice?

Gaiden was my least favorite.
I'm gonna be honest; of the ones I've played, Roy's.

It seemed like 7, but again, (I say that because despite coming before it, it is canonically after it.) And it didn't have alot of great systems (No upgradeable thief class. I leveled up Cath because I thought there was an upgrade item for her, but no.) and I just didn't enjoy myself. Add to it Roy as a unit being slightly worse than Eliwood, I really like to just think of him as a Smash character.

Sorry, didn't mean to rustle any jimmies.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Currently in Chapter 2 in FE6.
Roy's a pretty good unit from my experience, he criticals a lot compared to the rest of the cast(that I use). Then again I'm a filthy casual so maybe something's amiss here.

Meta1

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
Bruh, you're trolling game needs some serious work. There's absolutely nothing that's funny or compels me to anger. It also has absolutely no basis in reality. I'd put it at a 2/10 right now. Unless your serious in which case please, go away and don't come back.
I'm actually being serious. He has like what, 3 attacks that are somewhat different? We already have marth himself and a marth without a tipper, why do we need a fire marth? As I been saying, we could have saved that character slot for anybody. Ridley, king k rool, cranky Kong, Dixie kong, hell even ice climbers would make me happy. But what do we get, we get fire marth for the price of 5 dollars... We have 2 donkey Kong characters and a WHOOPING 5 FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS??That's a big sign telling you that Nintendo ****ed up. Why do you guys like Roy anyways? He was inferior to marth in melee and the tier list shows for it. If everyone was pissing there pants for Roy, why didn't he show up more on the competitve scene whilst the superior version of him was top tier?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm actually being serious. He has like what, 3 attacks that are somewhat different? We already have marth himself and a marth without a tipper, why do we need a fire marth? As I been saying, we could have saved that character slot for anybody. Ridley, king k rool, cranky Kong, Dixie kong, hell even ice climbers would make me happy. But what do we get, we get fire marth for the price of 5 dollars... We have 2 donkey Kong characters and a WHOOPING 5 FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS??That's a big sign telling you that Nintendo ****ed up. Why do you guys like Roy anyways? He was inferior to marth in melee and the tier list shows for it. If everyone was pissing there pants for Roy, why didn't he show up more on the competitve scene whilst the superior version of him was top tier?

Really? Just really? Please go away, your salt is too much for me. And you need respect what people love too. And, Cranky kong? Seriously?
"Facepalm"

Meta1

Smash Rookie

Really? Just really? Please go away, your salt is too much for me. And you need respect what people love too. And, Cranky kong? Seriously?
"Facepalm"
What people loved? Yeah I'm sure that EVERYONE loved Roy from melee when he was practically bottom tier. Also, I'm not being " salty" I'm just stating my opinion. And regarding you disdaining my boy cranky. When melee came out did you have a fire EMBLEM game? Probably not. Cranky Kong kicks ass with his cane and he'd make a perfect edition to smash. Stop playing with ***** ass fire marth and go play actual marth. At least that marth doesnt cost 6 dollars. Ike was great because his moveset was original and didn't feel like a clone. Which Roy do you prefer? The one that plays like marth or the badass koopaling with the pimp ass glasses? Yeah, thought so.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
We have basically zero tolerance towards going into a character section to complain/troll about their inclusion. That type of opinion isn't welcome here, the conversation doesn't produce anything positive or productive. So I'd advise you stop.

Please don't reply to it either, report it and carry on otherwise!

Last edited:

Meta1

Smash Rookie
We have basically zero tolerance towards going into a character section to complain/troll about their inclusion. That type of opinion isn't welcome here, the conversation doesn't produce anything positive or productive. So I'd advise you stop.

Please don't reply to it either, report it and carry on otherwise!
Since when is expressing my opinion considered "trolling". Just because I don't like fire marth doesnt mean that I'm some " troll".
I have freedom of speech and until the mods say **** off you can't do ****.

Top Bottom