• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Awesome! It'll be cool to hang out with you again. When does the semester end for you? And are you going to be at Glitch?

Anyway, yes I still play Ike, but it's something like 80:20 in Mewtwo's favor at this point. Ike is reserved for a handful of match ups I'm not comfortable with Mewtwo in (mainly heavies, though Puff is one of those match ups too)
Sadly, won't be at glitch, it's the weekend before finals week. Going to be studying. After, though, I'll be coming around again. \o/

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I have a friend who mains Puff, so I can offer some general advice against her.

Basically, you'll want to be patient. For the most part, you'll only be able to get single hits on her, especially as her percent goes up. She's super light, super floaty, and has ridiculous air speed, I've had her pop out of Ike's jab combo before, and his normally super reliable Up/Down throw combos stop working after 30%(or somewhere around there). Point is, the key to beating Puff is patience. Space her out and play some intense footsies, get your pokes and punishes in when you can, don't be too aggressive, and avoid challenging her in the air (they will have to land sometime) If you can keep that up, you will eventually get the KO. Sorry I can't offer more specific advice, I'm mostly a lurker who plays Roy for funsies.

tl;dr play lame win game
Patient huh?

Well that does make sense

Unfortunately, patient was never my strong suit ._. (ironic give i also main Robin and Toon Link)

:135:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
All right, if I come off as annoying with my questions I apologize. I just want to hear your opinion, that is all.
I was just a bit joking. It's not meant as shaming or anything, really.
Sorry if I came across this way.

Anyways, I've been quite a bit out of the loop on tourney play, so my opinion won't really hold much water, LD is pretty high rated on my end tho.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I was just a bit joking. It's not meant as shaming or anything, really.
Sorry if I came across this way.

Anyways, I've been quite a bit out of the loop on tourney play, so my opinion won't really hold much water, LD is pretty high rated on my end tho.
Thanks. Thing is, I spend more time here because I get to speak to fellow :4feroy: players like you and me, if I could I would speak to my competitive community about this, but outside of me apparently, there doesn't seem to be any competitive Roy players here where I live.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Thanks. Thing is, I spend more time here because I get to speak to fellow :4feroy: players like you and me, if I could I would speak to my competitive community about this, but outside of me apparently, there doesn't seem to be any competitive Roy players here where I live.
I'd reccomend the roy-discord then, as most of this forum seems to have gone there. Answers here will get a bit slow.
http://s4.smashcords.com/roy

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I'd reccomend the roy-discord then, as most of this forum seems to have gone there. Answers here will get a bit slow.
http://s4.smashcords.com/roy
I'll give it a shot there then. Btw, it's been nearly a year since I attended a tournament here in my region and I am not that good, I got a mountain of improvement to do if I hope to even make the PR here. Anyway, maybe I'll see you there at the Discord.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Mexico is a strong region, but there's a lot of Mexican Roy players, so hopefully you can learn something. Guessing you're pretty far away from the main scenes?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Mexico is a strong region, but there's a lot of Mexican Roy players, so hopefully you can learn something. Guessing you're pretty far away from the main scenes?
That's right. I am in Tijuana, main region is Mexico City, that's where my country's best :4feroy: player lies, CloudY. Unless you count Serge's Roy secondary, which is amazing as well.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I was thinking of mid-level players, actually, people you don't hear about on stream. There's a Roy player, a friend of mine, who lives in the northwestern part of Mexico, but still pretty far away from where you are, I think.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I was thinking of mid-level players, actually, people you don't hear about on stream. There's a Roy player, a friend of mine, who lives in the northwestern part of Mexico, but still pretty far away from where you are, I think.
May I ask which part? Is it somewhere in the Low California(Baja California) part?

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Nope, not that far. More like, south of El Paso, TX (on the Mexican side).

Top Bottom