• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey, I have Roy on my game, and they didn't edit his classic line, it's still For those I must protect, I will not lose" (or thereabouts). Also, Roy is really good in Heroes, I got a 5 star Roy on my 3rd summoning circle (ended my second summoning circle early because no reds), and I've been pretty happy with him so far lol.

I personally am finding I like his new VA the more I play Heroes lol. A bit older than maybe expected, but he still sounds really good imo.

For those that want to fancy a listen, here's a link. ~

After watching that video i retract all previous statements. This guy is awesome!!!

I mean, I haven't been able to play the game as of yet and have only heard a veeery few select videos with Roy (such as this one:
where he says "For those i must protect, onward" which made me think they had changed the line)

Yeah hearing these lines now make me like his voice actor more again. Like you said bit older then then what we might have thought but still are really awesome performance.

Like honestly here these lines make me kind of want a Binding Blade remake so that we can here more of his performance. Also i want someone to mod this guys voice into Smash 4 now.

Though looking at his stats Roy's speed seems to be a little low.

:135:

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
After watching that video i retract all previous statements. This guy is awesome!!!

I mean, I haven't been able to play the game as of yet and have only heard a veeery few select videos with Roy (such as this one:
where he says "For those i must protect, onward" which made me think they had changed the line)

Yeah hearing these lines now make me like his voice actor more again. Like you said bit older then then what we might have thought but still are really awesome performance.

Like honestly here these lines make me kind of want a Binding Blade remake so that we can here more of his performance. Also i want someone to mod this guys voice into Smash 4 now.

Though looking at his stats Roy's speed seems to be a little low.

My Roy has decently well-rounded stats. Here's a screenshot of my in-game Roy. He's currently level 16. <3

This is my second best, Raven. He's a great complement to Roy on my team. <3 <3

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
My Roy has decently well-rounded stats. Here's a screenshot of my in-game Roy. He's currently level 16. <3

This is my second best, Raven. He's a great complement to Roy on my team. <3 <3

Whoa those are some pretty good stats.

And it looks like you may have to level him up to an advance class soon too

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Whoa those are some pretty good stats.

And it looks like you may have to level him up to an advance class soon too

I think my Roy is near maxed. There is no promotion in this game, you "unlock potential" by increasing their star rating. My Roy is already 5 star, so he's almost done lol. ~~

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I think my Roy is near maxed. There is no promotion in this game, you "unlock potential" by increasing their star rating. My Roy is already 5 star, so he's almost done lol. ~~
Probably to make it simpler for people who haven't played the game before

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Probably to make it simpler for people who haven't played the game before

My guess is because they want you to pay $$$ lol. They would prefer you summon for more heroes over trying to upgrade your existing units. Like, using my 4 star Raven as an example, I'm likely never going to "unlock potential" to get him to 5 star because it costs a whopping 20k or so feathers. Like, whaaat. Sending a 3 star unit home only gets like, 150 feathers, to compare, and random drops for feathers net you like 5 or 10 feathers, max. x.x "Unlocking potential" to get a 2 star unit up to a 3 star, or possibly a 3 star unit up to a 4 star is more doable, as 2 stars cost like 200 feathers and 3 stars cost like 2000 feathers to upgrade.

My biggest hope is that they rebalance the pay scheme and make upgrading units cheaper, or give us more access to feathers.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
My guess is because they want you to pay $$$ lol. They would prefer you summon for more heroes over trying to upgrade your existing units. Like, using my 4 star Raven as an example, I'm likely never going to "unlock potential" to get him to 5 star because it costs a whopping 20k or so feathers. Like, whaaat. Sending a 3 star unit home only gets like, 150 feathers, to compare, and random drops for feathers net you like 5 or 10 feathers, max. x.x "Unlocking potential" to get a 2 star unit up to a 3 star, or possibly a 3 star unit up to a 4 star is more doable, as 2 stars cost like 200 feathers and 3 stars cost like 2000 feathers to upgrade.

My biggest hope is that they rebalance the pay scheme and make upgrading units cheaper, or give us more access to feathers.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Fire Emblem Heroes is a lot of fun lol. I'll leave it at that. \o/
Yeah i really need to get the game. (i mean i have it but i still need to do that ****ing extra download ****)

How good are Roy avatars though?
I've been trying for days to change mine but it won't let me :(

:edit Never mind got it working :D

Also hey man long time

Last edited:

TYL

Smash Rookie
Yeah mines level 25, hoping to get him to 30 this week.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Yeah mines level 25, hoping to get him to 30 this week.
I learned you can get at least to level 40, and if you get a unit that high, you'll apparently unlock additional quotes from them. I've been building a wider pool of high level characters, partly for challenges (beat level 20+ units with a flying unit, so I'm training a Subaki to do that), and partly because I've finished upgrading my castle and I've started summoning again, and I'm getting lots of new units I want to train lol. No 5 stars besides my Roy yet though I keep trying the focus that includes Marth and Lucina.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I've been playing a bit of Roy recently in my spare time and i've notice that though Roy is probably meant to be "strong and Fast" some of his moves really never fit either
Let me explain with 5 of his moves

Uair; It is quiet good at comboing and setting up kills at high percents. But that is only if you hit the Tip (for high%). By that stage, the base becomes just an underwhelming juggle move that feels like it should be killing. Also 9% feels a little weak for it as well.

Bair: It is meant to be one of his kill moves while air born but I often find myself never getting that kill at the percent it should (then again it could just be my stage position). As for damage, if it got like 1% buff i wouldn't mind

Jab: The big problems i have with jab is I struggling get some combo's with it because of the Knockback/Angle (also cause i'm a noob...). But if it was like 2 frames quick i probably get them more consistently

Fair: Just feels really weak with the damage. Also it seems to sometimes register my hits as a tipper even though i swear i hit with the middle of the blade

UpB: Oh boy. This move. Overall i really like this move and it fits Roy for the most part. Short recovery but armour and killing. However more often then not i feel like it fails at the killing part. Seriously sometimes i get my opponent to like 130-140% nad use it and it doesn't killing. Then a i use a similar move like Little Mac's upB and kill the opponent at 110%. Idk if it's me being bad with staling or not, but it just feels really weak at times

Really I'm probably just super bad at Roy, but i've just notice these few things lately that have bugged me a bit

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
The results of the voting for FE Heroes has been posted. ~

Looks like Roy got second, and he'll also be getting a "choose your legends" version as well, which is pretty awesome. :)

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
The first roll I did after the intro, I got Marth.
I've actually had some really great pulls...
Screenshot_2017-02-09-11-01-33.png

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Your pulls have been better than mine lol. Here's my collection of units so far:

Tbh, though, I don't feel much inclined to complain about what I'm pulling because I got the 1 character I wanted most of all, which was Roy lol. I feel bad for the people that are still questing for that one character they haven't been able to get yet.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I got 5 star Lucina on my first try. I was pretty happy about that.

But i am still yet to get Roy and M!Robin......

One day.... One day....

Also might i add i'm really digging Roy's right arm glove/ gantlet thing

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I'm contemplating hoarding my remaining free orbs for when they release the second costume for Roy tbh...

If you really want a focus Lyn, though, best to keep trying for her now, while the deep devotion focus is still available. I heard that they're going to change the focus soon, which means that it'll be harder to get Lyn after it's been changed.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I'm guessing you still don't have the game? :p

Deep Devotion is one of the two focuses available when you are spending orbs to summon heroes. The other is Legendary Heroes. Certain rare heroes are more likely to appear as 5 stars when you summon depending on which focus you go for. Deep Devotion is the focus that makes it slightly more likely to get Roy atm, along with Takumi, Lyn, and Camilla. Marth, Lucina, Robin, and Tiki are more likely with the Legendary Heroes focus.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm guessing you still don't have the game? :p

Deep Devotion is one of the two focuses available when you are spending orbs to summon heroes. The other is Legendary Heroes. Certain rare heroes are more likely to appear as 5 stars when you summon depending on which focus you go for. Deep Devotion is the focus that makes it slightly more likely to get Roy atm, along with Takumi, Lyn, and Camilla. Marth, Lucina, Robin, and Tiki are more likely with the Legendary Heroes focus.
oh no I have the game but I had no idea what the two options did when i was doing my rolls.

At least i know now how to get Roy

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Oh boy, it has been looong since I used Smashboards... and nice to see FE Heroes has sprouted here too.

Edit: Got Lynn and Roy, but -really- want Hector... and I am not spending 3000 orbs for mine.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
The results of the voting for FE Heroes has been posted. ~

Looks like Roy got second, and he'll also be getting a "choose your legends" version as well, which is pretty awesome. :)

I guess Roy's getting more popular and outta his Butt Monkey status in the west. I haven't played much of FE6, so how does Roy compare to his Heroes counterpart?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So um... I might have found a potential combo for Roy... maybe (unless you guys knew about this in the case that's fine to...)

I'm not 100% sure on it's consistency or the range % that it is required to perform but it seems like a neat little thing that one could pull off ever now an then.

I've only done a bit of testing with it and so far the only things that i could determine was that somes the move it's the sour hit box even though i swear i hit with the middle of the blade and that Lightweight fast fallers like Falco, Fox and Shiek it doesn't seem to work with them

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
So um... I might have found a potential combo for Roy... maybe (unless you guys knew about this in the case that's fine to...)

I'm not 100% sure on it's consistency or the range % that it is required to perform but it seems like a neat little thing that one could pull off ever now an then.

I've only done a bit of testing with it and so far the only things that i could determine was that somes the move it's the sour hit box even though i swear i hit with the middle of the blade and that Lightweight fast fallers like Falco, Fox and Shiek it doesn't seem to work with them

Not a true combo, the Marth should be able to airdodge it. Falling uair > dair is true at certain percents though.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Not a true combo, the Marth should be able to airdodge it. Falling uair > dair is true at certain percents though.
Yeah that's why i said potenial since i'm not 100% sure. Then again the CPU was level 8 and when i was doing some testing, I set the CPU onto jump and at times i could hit them before they jump. Unless jump comes out slower then air dodge in which case dam.

Also i mean have found a work around in that you can run off the stage, jump and quick catch their jump with either Fair or Nair. But then again that is extremely risky....

I'm not very good at this am i?

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Yeah that's why i said potenial since i'm not 100% sure. Then again the CPU was level 8 and when i was doing some testing, I set the CPU onto jump and at times i could hit them before they jump. Unless jump comes out slower then air dodge in which case dam.

Also i mean have found a work around in that you can run off the stage, jump and quick catch their jump with either Fair or Nair. But then again that is extremely risky....

I'm not very good at this am i?

It's okay, part of learning the game is exploring. :) Try implementing things like this in your gameplay, and seeing what works and what doesn't in real match scenarios. The more you play, the more you'll start to understand what does and doesn't work lol.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It's okay, part of learning the game is exploring. :) Try implementing things like this in your gameplay, and seeing what works and what doesn't in real match scenarios. The more you play, the more you'll start to understand what does and doesn't work lol.
That is very true.

Though it would help a lot if i had some actually people i could verse :/

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
That is very true.

Though it would help a lot if i had some actually people i could verse :/

If I'd had more time, I'd gladly help. I myself feel a bit rusty and could use a bit fresh course.
But... yeah, being in my final year before graduation is more important right now.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If I'd had more time, I'd gladly help. I myself feel a bit rusty and could use a bit fresh course.
But... yeah, being in my final year before graduation is more important right now.
I can't play 3DS Smash very well at all anymore, sadly.
You miss understand. I can't verse anyone because i don't have the internet capabilities nor do I have any local tournaments or friends who play the game to practice with. I only got bots.

I hate to be that guy, but verse isn't a verb.
But it works....

I felt like reposting this cute comic strip here lol.

And the exact opposite is true versing anyone with a spear / blue weapon

Also Roy's arm seems to be out of place in the second panel

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
And the exact opposite is true versing anyone with a spear / blue weapon

Also Roy's arm seems to be out of place in the second panel

I mostly use him as a check to those pesky green users that try to harm my robin&nowi. If I played in arena against anything that isn't an AI, then maybe.
He's pretty tanky against reds aswell.

Edit: Also, something smash related. No idea if it got posted already, but I really like this video.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I mostly use him as a check to those pesky green users that try to harm my robin&nowi. If I played in arena against anything that isn't an AI, then maybe.
He's pretty tanky against reds aswell.

Edit: Also, something smash related. No idea if it got posted already, but I really like this video.
Yeah that is true, he absolutely destroys green units.

That is some pretty sick ****. Like actually.

And people have the nerve to call Roy Bottom 5

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Anyone know if Hyper is going to be able to attend any major this year? Really want to see what he can bring to the table in top level play. Oh and btw, make sure you nominate VoiD in Civil War so we can see him play :4feroy:!

Jiac

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jiac2001
Anyone know if Hyper is going to be able to attend any major this year? Really want to see what he can bring to the table in top level play. Oh and btw, make sure you nominate VoiD in Civil War so we can see him play :4feroy:!
He's going to Momocon! Would make a huge difference to his perception if he gets Top 8 :).

No pressure on him though.

Top Bottom