• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Thanks Ark! I dedicated a lot of effort to do this... And I'm now doing a new article (I would like to have some help, I indicate how in the Micaiah Support Thread)
link please? :)

Troykv

Smash Master
This link gives me an error.

View attachment 121185
Oh! Right! This is in a Social Group (the thread is there because the old there during the speculation was closed like the other ones), sorry... You have to do something before you can enter here...

The Social Group is called: "(Social) Character Support Threads"

Ask for an invite from a social group mod like @Zebei, @Azure Star Warrior , @Opossum, @Only Human, or @Dr. FalКoopa if you need one so you can view and post.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Is it wrong that I like the :4marth: VS :4feroy: MU even though it's bad for :4feroy:? Either Melee nostalgia or because I go back and forth with my region's :4marth: players even though I have only played them a few times.

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
I usually find that slightly disadvantageous matchups are the most fun to play, assuming you and your opponent are of roughly equal skill.

Highly disadvantageous (like :4mario: vs :4myfriends:) is either super annoying, frustrating, or both.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Roy v Marth is such a weird MU, if feels like the ditto on steroids sometimes to me lol.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Did Sethlon really drop Roy? Or is he simply taking a break?
I'm pretty sure he mains Cloud now. Sethlon should play the character that most appeals to him, so I wish him the best of luck with Cloud. There's still plenty of us (not really here, mostly on Discord) that are innovating the character, that I think Roy will continue forwards as well.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Tweek going from Jr to Cloud, Raziek going from Robin to Cloud, now there's Sethlon going from Roy to Cloud. Ashera damn that character...I say as he's probably my second best character though admittedly I feel like crap with every character except Roy right now.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Cloud is fun, tbh. I have a pocket-ish Cloud myself, and it's like, things just...happen with him. Juggling with Cloud is just such a breeze, and when I play him people tend to assume I've practiced him, or played him more than the scant handful of times I have, because that's just the kind of character that he is lol. For some people, focusing on that, and refining that, is fun. They want to win, they perceive him as being the most consistent path for that out of the sword characters, and they switch.

idk about others, but for me, though, Roy is where it's at. I enjoy playing this character so much, I like the way he moves, I like the way he looks, and most especially I like most of the other Roy mains, so I feel like this is the right place for me.

Aside from playing the new Pokemon games (I'm a huuuuuge Pokemon fan lol), I am grinding out our optimal combos, so I can have them in muscle memory after the holiday season, when I will be playing locally again. I can already dance trot consistently, and I think the confidence that comes with being able to properly execute and know which combos when will help my consistency a lot. And that's all just grinding, since a long list of our best true stuff has already been compiled. Movement to flow around my opponent, optimized punishes to get the most damage when I get in, and I feel like I'll do much better moving forwards.

Here's to hoping, at least lol.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Tweek going from Jr to Cloud, Raziek going from Robin to Cloud, now there's Sethlon going from Roy to Cloud. Ashera damn that character...I say as he's probably my second best character though admittedly I feel like crap with every character except Roy right now.
Man, feels like every 2-3 months Roy is bereft of another player, first Neath for Diddy Kang, now Sethlon with Cloud(still hope him the best of luck with him), oh well, at least Hyper_Kirby, Spark, Ryo, Serew and occasionally Serge and Izaw still work with the character, if only Roy's tournament presence was more frequent.

P.S: Anyone know anything about this DanSuno from Peru?

Last edited:

~Chomp

Smash Cadet
GUYS I'M ALIVE I PROMISE
So I've left the Roycord since it really isn't for me and I'm probably not going to interact here too. I honestly don't like smash too much anymore, and the discord really just isn't for me so yeah. Rip.
I'll try to finish my full edgeguarding guide (it's so long holy crap) before like Easter...ish if I don't procrastinate and then I plan on falling off the face of the earth for a while, so I might permanently drop smash.
At least I put in 200 hours with this character before bustering out of smash lol.
I'll come back to post my edgeguarding guide and then idk.
Until then!

GUYS I'M ALIVE I PROMISE
So I've left the Roycord since it really isn't for me and I'm probably not going to interact here too. I honestly don't like smash too much anymore, and the discord really just isn't for me so yeah. Rip.
I'll try to finish my full edgeguarding guide (it's so long holy crap) before like Easter...ish if I don't procrastinate and then I plan on falling off the face of the earth for a while, so I might permanently drop smash.
At least I put in 200 hours with this character before bustering out of smash lol.
I'll come back to post my edgeguarding guide and then idk.
Until then!
I relate to this on a spiritual level

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Online communities are just...up and down. I've met some life-long friends through the Roy community, even as I get tired of some of the nonsense. I'm going to keep using the online communities for practice, though, as soon as I get back from vacation. Gonna grind as a wifi warrior until spring, and return to Xanadu a much stronger player, hopefully. I feel like I'm so close to the next level, I just have to unlock it, and that just means more practice. More, more practice lol.

D

Deleted member

Roy is going to be on FE Heroes for Mobile.

It shows that they do care about our Red Headed Boy (and he has the Smash 4 design)

Hopefully we will see him in FE Warriors burning up everything in sight (please tecmo can you give me at least one of my favorite gaming redheads for once?)

EDIT: Oh and FE Gaiden is getting a Remake on 3DS and FE Warriors will come to the NEW 3DS (basically just like Xenoblade Chronicles)

Last edited by a moderator:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
You'll get no sympathy from me~ :4myfriends: Much as I love Roy in Sm4sh, I prefer Ike as an FE character so my vote goes to him. If everyday they make you vote for a different character then I'll likely vote for Roy at some point since he is one of the more likely non-Awakening/Fates characters to make it in. If later votes can be for the same character then I'm likely sticking with just Ike. With the Gaiden reimagining, I'm hoping Binding Blade gets one at some point too so those that aren't in Japan can legally play Roy's game.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It shows that they do care about our Red Headed Boy (and he has the Smash 4 design)

Hopefully we will see him in FE Warriors burning up everything in sight (please tecmo can you give me at least one of my favorite gaming redheads for once?)
Huh, never caught that up. Super-neat!

I think if they confirm Lords from series Pre-Kozaki (Awakening/Fates), then Roy's gonna likely pop in as one of the playable Warriors. I don't think I.S is shafting him the way we think they are, really.

Troykv

Smash Master
Roy is going to be on FE Heroes for Mobile.

EDIT: Oh and FE Gaiden is getting a Remake on 3DS and FE Warriors will come to the NEW 3DS (basically just like Xenoblade Chronicles)
Interesting, this design is now officially... official, for the Fire Emblem Series. I like it :3

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
For some reason, the FE Heroes voting site no longer displays in English for me, only Japanese. Very odd.

But yeah, still dedicated. ~~

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Look at our boy going neck-to-neck with most beloved Lords of all time, despite all the naysaying that hardcore Western FE-base has spat on him all these years. Keep voting!

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

Look at our boy going neck-to-neck with most beloved Lords of all time, despite all the naysaying that hardcore Western FE-base has spat on him all these years. Keep voting!
Thanks to the absence of the RD!Ike Votes, Roy actually has an opportunity to defeat Ike in the number 1... I wonder what will happen.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
not sure if anyone remembers me but im slinking around smashboards again so i thought id say hi here. i came on after i saw those poll results to say that im honestly shocked that he's winning and that i haven't seen one person complain about it yet. what a complete 180 lol

also where would the best place to find some roy strategies and tech be (besides the discord)? i legit havent played smash in a year and i want to get back into it

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY ROYS!!!!!!

(anyone remember me? No? okay...)

*goes immediately spamming Roy and Robin votes

:135:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
also where would the best place to find some roy strategies and tech be (besides the discord)? i legit havent played smash in a year and i want to get back into it
Well, you could start from this video:

Very extensive and professionally written, should cover most of the good things.

Last edited:

Fledge

Smash Cadet
MasonEliwood has a youtube playlist of useful Roy videos worth subscribing to:
Might also want to join the Discord Chat, which might be more active:
Smash 4 Roy Discord Group Thread
Ph1r3 Nation

Been busy with projects myself so I've been outta the loop with the Smash scene for awhile too and haven't been checking in (I know some passionate/skilled Roy mains, but I've always been a lurker at heart). I heard something like Sethlon switched mains or something, is that true? That's a shame if it's the case, he was great with Roy, but I wish him well.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Nah, Sethlon didn't switch, but he doesn't play with a strong competitive drive at this point, mainly just for fun, so he'll likely play other characters for fun in bracket as well. He'll always be in and out, I think, depending on how much he feels like playing at a given time.

Last edited:

Fledge

Smash Cadet
That's good to hear, Sethlon brings a lot of insight and has a great Roy, having fun is the best and maybe most important part of it all so more power to him. I love all the nuances of Smash 4 play and personally haven't waded into the competitive world yet myself, literally no idea how I would even stack up, I imagine it can get stressful but is prolly pretty exciting.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
If a 2GGC: Fire Emblem Saga does become a reality what players would you like to see playing for :4feroy:? I can definitely see Manny and Hyper, Ryo would represent Ike no doubt, perhaps others like VoiD, ScAtt and Serge?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, Roy now officially has an English voice actor.
Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 6.10.49 pm.png

And from what i have heard of his performance so far.. I'm 50/50. There are times where he really suits the role (such as his line during the data download screen) and other times it's sort of... eh (like when his says his classic "Mamoru beki mono no tame ni, makerarena" (for those i must protect i cannot lose) they changed it to "For those i must protect, onwards" which just sounds... odd)

He also sounds a like old given the fact that Roy is apparently only 15 years old.

Honestly thinking about it maybe Pit's voice actor might have been a better choice.

I mean i am willing to give him a chance still but idk...

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
View attachment 125614

And from what i have heard of his performance so far.. I'm 50/50. There are times where he really suits the role (such as his line during the data download screen) and other times it's sort of... eh (like when his says his classic "Mamoru beki mono no tame ni, makerarena" (for those i must protect i cannot lose) they changed it to "For those i must protect, onwards" which just sounds... odd)

He also sounds a like old given the fact that Roy is apparently only 15 years old.

Honestly thinking about it maybe Pit's voice actor might have been a better choice.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this the same guy who voices Noctis in Final Fantasy XV?

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
View attachment 125614

Hey, I have Roy on my game, and they didn't edit his classic line, it's still For those I must protect, I will not lose" (or thereabouts). Also, Roy is really good in Heroes, I got a 5 star Roy on my 3rd summoning circle (ended my second summoning circle early because no reds), and I've been pretty happy with him so far lol.

I personally am finding I like his new VA the more I play Heroes lol. A bit older than maybe expected, but he still sounds really good imo.

For those that want to fancy a listen, here's a link. ~

Top Bottom