• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

WaluigiWeegeeSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
NewerLuigi
3DS FC
1934-0873-4422
Part of me wants a Binding Blade remake released, but I would wonder exactly how different it would be if they were to actually use new mechanics.

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Ugh... So like a friend say... Fire Emblem is Dead (the Classic one).

Based Sakurai please save us!
Man...if they just made a game that has the same gameplay mechanics as Radiant Dawn...JUST ONE, ESPECIALLY IF HANDHELD, would be freaking amazing.

Unfortunately, sales seem much more in line with Awakening and likely Fates, so we will never get our dreams realized; or at least, I won't. :(

Part of me wants a Binding Blade remake released, but I would wonder exactly how different it would be if they were to actually use new mechanics.
I hope (if this idea was to actually become a reality) everything stays the same but Roy has a better growth rate, oh and Karel HAS to be at least level 16 or something this time...level 19 for the best growth rate in FE history...sheesh.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anyone still remembers me from the old Roy support thread?

I was on a hiatus for a while and only returned a few days ago.

Roy being revealed was really hype and I called it in regards to him getting a design mixing the Binding Blade/Melee and Awakening designs and he looks really badass.

He feels amazing to play as and quite distinct from Marth and Lucina. He's a beast on HRC on par with Ganondorf.

And I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking how amazing it was that they got Jun Fukuyama to voice him again.

Troykv

Smash Master

Roy being revealed was really hype and I called it in regards to him getting a design mixing the Binding Blade/Melee and Awakening designs and he looks really badass.

He feels amazing to play as and quite distinct from Marth and Lucina. He's a beast on HRC on par with Ganondorf.

And I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking how amazing it was that they got Jun Fukuyama to voice him again.
Welcome... I don't have too much time here xD

Fun Fact: Probably you know this, but whatever.... The guy in your avatar (,Lelouch) and Roy has the same voice actor xD.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Man...if they just made a game that has the same gameplay mechanics as Radiant Dawn...JUST ONE, ESPECIALLY IF HANDHELD, would be freaking amazing.

Unfortunately, sales seem much more in line with Awakening and likely Fates, so we will never get our dreams realized; or at least, I won't. :(

I hope (if this idea was to actually become a reality) everything stays the same but Roy has a better growth rate, oh and Karel HAS to be at least level 16 or something this time...level 19 for the best growth rate in FE history...sheesh.
Oh god please, fun game without awkward babies would make me so happy. Also buffed up Idoun that doesn't suck so much

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Welcome... I don't have too much time here xD

Fun Fact: Probably you know this, but whatever.... The guy in your avatar (,Lelouch) and Roy has the same voice actor xD.
Actually, since we are on Smash/Anime voiceactors... Link's voiceactor was Viral, from Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann. I noticed this only at the 2nd last episode...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually, since we are on Smash/Anime voiceactors... Link's voiceactor was Viral, from Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann. I noticed this only at the 2nd last episode...
I wish I noticed that back when I watched Gurren Lagann. D:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Anyways, let's lighten the mood. How many of you are playing a classic Fire Emblem game right now? Anything screenshot or post worthy? I'm playing through The Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon by cheesing each game with a few units each (Eirika, Ephraim, Ross, and Garcia for 8 with more to come as a #HeroHomies run, and Marth, Wolf, and Sedgar for 11) just to take my mind off some things.
I'be been very slowly alternating through all the American releases, most recently Path of Radiance. After falling in love with the series because of Awakening, I went on a mad collecting spree and got them all. So far, PoR has been my favorite!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of voice actors, I'd put a funny video here, but since it contains a lot of swears, I'll just ask you to search on YouTube for "Lucina Says".

New avatars always throw me off a bit, but I definitely do reamember you. The name+sig+profile mains are all coming back to me. How they handled Roy was possibly the best route possible :pimp:

I was hoping they'd declone him 100% after seeing his potential in Brawl Minus, but I'm still really happy with the Luigification he was given. It, along with the new design, forms a huge middle finger given to all those who said he wouldn't be changed at all.

Roy's growth rates are fine, he just needs a better promotion time
^^^^^^^^

Chapter 16 makes the most sense. Otherwise just start him with a specific seal in his inventory that can't be sold or thrown out which makes itself clear that it's a promotion item for Roy. I don't think his growths need fixing, either. Infinite use or just more uses on SoS and/or better bases to contend more with Dieck would really help as well.

Now I'm thinking about where Viral protects Nia in the second movie.

I'be been very slowly alternating through all the American releases, most recently Path of Radiance. After falling in love with the series because of Awakening, I went on a mad collecting spree and got them all. So far, PoR has been my favorite!
How did you afford PoR? Help from the Anna avatar? They call it PoR because your ass is poor after buying it.

That game needs to come to Virtual Console alongside Radiant Dawn or get an HD remaster with it. Fans would no longer have to pay an arm and a leg for both.

Speaking of voice actors, I'd put a funny video here, but since it contains a lot of swears, I'll just ask you to search on YouTube for "Lucina Says".
"[Misdub] Lucina loses her temper" on there is also great.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Yes. All of my yes. Also a fun fact for anyone who didn't know, I believe Lucina's VA did Kid Trunks from DBZ. I can never look at either characters the same way again. o.o

EDIT: Spelling derps

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So I'm currently in Toronto for a week and of course I have to visit A&C Games (retro game store + other collectibles). They got a new location on the same street, but the store's a lot bigger and they expanded on other merchandise. It's really awesome, especially since I went like 2 years ago and the store was a lot smaller.

Got some awesome stuff: http://i.imgur.com/vwYV5pJ.jpg (big pic I took with my crappy phone):

- P.N.03: Always inerested in the game, since it sorta seems reminiscent of the Bayonetta games (even if the game was a flop, I like obscure/forgotten games)
- Path of Raid-Your-Wallet
- Expand Dong: Racing Edition
-

- A bunch of Pokemon promo cards
- Accessories

F-Frost is that you!?

It's nice to see you around! Things were just crazy when Roy was revealed, but even before then since the DLC characters/stuff was leaked a day before they became available. We knew that Roy and Ryu will most likely be coming thanks to the sound files leak, but maaan, people were still hyped. But yeah, no words could describe how happy I was when I first saw Roy, and I'm still freaking out over him lol.

How did you afford PoR? Help from the Anna avatar? They call it PoR because your *** is poor after buying it.

That game needs to come to Virtual Console alongside Radiant Dawn or get an HD remaster with it. Fans would no longer have to pay an arm and a leg for both.
I used all my education funds for me. :upsidedown:

It's a good thing I only go to Toronto like once every year or two. RIP my wallet. I've been saving up for this moment though lmao

I finished reading the guide a few minutes ago and I can vouch for it all being good stuff. If you guys don't check this out, you are making a mistake as a player. Thank you for this. I know it's weird thanking you in multiple threads, but :bluejump:

So I'm currently in Toronto for a week and of course I have to visit A&C Games (retro game store + other collectibles). They got a new location on the same street, but the store's a lot bigger and they expanded on other merchandise. It's really awesome, especially since I went like 2 years ago and the store was a lot smaller.

Got some awesome stuff: http://i.imgur.com/vwYV5pJ.jpg (big pic I took with my crappy phone):

- P.N.03: Always inerested in the game, since it sorta seems reminiscent of the Bayonetta games (even if the game was a flop, I like obscure/forgotten games)
- Path of Raid-Your-Wallet
- Expand Dong: Racing Edition
-

- A bunch of Pokemon promo cards
- Accessories

F-Frost is that you!?

It's nice to see you around! Things were just crazy when Roy was revealed, but even before then since the DLC characters/stuff was leaked a day before they became available. We knew that Roy and Ryu will most likely be coming thanks to the sound files leak, but maaan, people were still hyped. But yeah, no words could describe how happy I was when I first saw Roy, and I'm still freaking out over him lol.

I used all my education funds for me. :upsidedown:

It's a good thing I only go to Toronto like once every year or two. RIP my wallet. I've been saving up for this moment though lmao
Buy me.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
u wot mate!? I'm broke

Now that I have an adapter, I gotta get used to using the GC controller... feels so weird since I've been using the pro controller for so long. Only problem is, I think I strain my hands more with the GC controller. I used to have this habit where I gripped the controller way too hard (and I mean holding on like my life depended on it), and got these pains near the top of my palms. I'm glad I figured out what was the problem, because otherwise after playing for sometime I was like, "SOMEONE GET ME THE ABSORBINE JR.!!"

Last edited:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
How did you afford PoR? Help from the Anna avatar? They call it PoR because your *** is poor after buying it.

A friend happened to have a copy he'd bought shortly after release!

An HD remaster would be fantastic, but I'd like to see a FE6 remake and western release first. More realistically, I definitely agree they need to go the Virtual Console route for PoR and RD. Too many people are missing out.

u wot mate!? I'm broke

Now that I have an adapter, I gotta get used to using the GC controller... feels so weird since I've been using the pro controller for so long. Only problem is, I think I strain my hands more with the GC controller. I used to have this habit where I gripped the controller way too hard (and I mean holding on like my life depended on it), and got these pains near the top of my palms. I'm glad I figured out what was the problem, because otherwise after playing for sometime I was like, "SOMEONE GET ME THE ABSORBINE JR.!!"
I use the gamepad and gc controller with equal efficiency, I can dance trot, pp, and do lots of cool turnaround stuff on both now probably because of Roy, haha. My laziness to opt for the gamepad since I don't have to move to my TV paid off. Roy's really been motivating me to improve. On my Wii U, Ike has 1161 KO's, Marth has 974, and Roy has 934 already. For falls, Marth has 688, Ike has 564, and Roy has 475. It's hard to say quite how well I did with Marth since I have a buddy who occasionally plays him when we hang out each week, but I still feel Marth was my worst of the three despite putting the most effort overall into him.

#BuffMarth

Thank you for leading that Roy thread long ago.

My one problem with controllers is that I used to make controllers sweaty which would really piss off one of my friends 5 or 6 years ago. Even when I brought my own. How irritated he got was priceless.

I had a blast on Smashladder tonight! So far I've been going 100% Roy on ranked matches and doing really well. This is my first time being ranked on there and enjoying the season system, I got Silver III just now. 7 sets won in a row as 2-0's, my first set this season was a 0-2 loss before the other 7. I'm really enjoying Roy competitively and I can't wait to hit up Colorado's events again. I'm also looking forward to Silver/Gold players finally taking my challenges after being denied so long for being unranked to see if I fare well or get absolutely destroyed. Either way I look forward to what I can learn from them.

Shoutouts to @Spruzo (fellow Roy main) and @SGJet (crazy fast Shulk, I barely managed to keep up with his insane movement tools and the seamless speed of his Monado Art changes) for being enjoyable opponents who were even willing to hit me up on Smashboards after I asked. I look forward to laddering with them again.

:pimp:

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man your in Colorado then I would have to hit you up online real soon for Roy dittos and other characters to grind some MU's then cause a few of you Colorado cats came to Nebraska for our big regional tourney Roll Tier V and wrecked shop in every smash game lol and I lost to one of your Lucario players twice one in pools and to get into top 8 :(

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
I know its late but... congrats roy fans :3
since mewtwo got in first im not too bummed. and hey... roy isnt half bad in smash. at first i opposed the idea of a second marth clone... but hes been changed enough to FEEL different. more like a semi-clone now. and those to me are fine. so uh... congrats. heres hoping k rool gets in!

Man your in Colorado then I would have to hit you up online real soon for Roy dittos and other characters to grind some MU's then cause a few of you Colorado cats came to Nebraska for our big regional tourney Roll Tier V and wrecked shop in every smash game lol and I lost to one of your Lucario players twice one in pools and to get into top 8 :(
Oh man, was that Steam? He's on that next level, haha. We have a few good Lucarios. CO's scary overall for Smash and has lots of neat Smash history. I can't contend with our PR's in any game (besides the 6-10 half of the sm4sh PR). I've improved a lot, though, and haven't been to anything in a while, so I'll have to see what it's like now. I'll get there, though, in all the games.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Oh man, was that Steam? He's on that next level, haha. We have a few good Lucarios. CO's scary overall for Smash and has lots of neat Smash history. I can't contend with our PR's in any game (besides the 6-10 half of the sm4sh PR). I've improved a lot, though, and haven't been to anything in a while, so I'll have to see what it's like now. I'll get there, though, in all the games.
No it was SunnySunny and this was back when Diddy Kong was the nuts and M2K got 1st and Shaky got 2nd so it was early this year. Right now I'm ranked 5th in my PR cause I'm inconsistent at times and play a bunch of characters in tourney. I would love to play Steam and SunnySunny now since my area has 2 very solid Lucario's and I feel way better about the MU now till I get touched but our 3rd ranked player who plays Lucario hates Roy cause of me though cause I reverse 3 stock his Lucario with him a while back and I usually go Robin, Bowser or Roy as of lately and Falco if I'm super confident and focused and in not dying early.

Outside of that what days are you free for games online in some Roy dittos and what not?

Troykv

Smash Master
I know its late but... congrats roy fans :3
since mewtwo got in first im not too bummed. and hey... roy isnt half bad in smash. at first i opposed the idea of a second marth clone... but hes been changed enough to FEEL different. more like a semi-clone now. and those to me are fine. so uh... congrats. heres hoping k rool gets in!
Awww thanks!

Roy is now his own character! And his looks awesome.

No it was SunnySunny and this was back when Diddy Kong was the nuts and M2K got 1st and Shaky got 2nd so it was early this year. Right now I'm ranked 5th in my PR cause I'm inconsistent at times and play a bunch of characters in tourney. I would love to play Steam and SunnySunny now since my area has 2 very solid Lucario's and I feel way better about the MU now till I get touched but our 3rd ranked player who plays Lucario hates Roy cause of me though cause I reverse 3 stock his Lucario with him a while back and I usually go Robin, Bowser or Roy as of lately and Falco if I'm super confident and focused and in not dying early.

Outside of that what days are you free for games online in some Roy dittos and what not?
Sunny was my second guess. I live a few hours away from everything and rarely can go to stuff, so I'll probably never be ranked. If I can do well against at least some of the names and grind hard online then I don't mind, I don't like big cities much so I probably won't live near solid weeklies/monthlies for a loooooooooooong time.

Mon-Fri may be good, depends on how much I need to hunt for a 2nd job.

I plan to go solo Roy for tournies, but I have a somewhat solid Marth/Robin/Ike/Gunner and some semblance of a Toon Link and Captain Falcon I pull in friendlies. I used to play Falco as a counterpick character to help Ike who was my primary character just above Marth before Roy.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Sunny was my second guess. I live a few hours away from everything and rarely can go to stuff, so I'll probably never be ranked. If I can do well against at least some of the names and grind hard online then I don't mind, I don't like big cities much so I probably won't live near solid weeklies/monthlies for a loooooooooooong time.

Mon-Fri may be good, depends on how much I need to hunt for a 2nd job.

I plan to go solo Roy for tournies, but I have a somewhat solid Marth/Robin/Ike/Gunner and some semblance of a Toon Link and Captain Falcon I pull in friendlies. I used to play Falco as a counterpick character to help Ike who was my primary character just above Marth before Roy.
That is fine with me and I know all about job hunting being a broke college student and what not. Falco is actually my main who I put most time into and have been playing since Brawl but I have been playing all of my other characters like Robin, Marcina, Roy, Bowser and slowly working on a Rosalina more since the patch dropped.

In terms of hours I prefer the afternoons or nights not Tuesday unless specifically said otherwise cause I go to weeklies from time to time. It will be nice getting games online with people close cause FG is just character messing around and roll and trap practice and Anther's is serious main practice in which sometimes I need to dedicated a single day towards one character online and in practice mode.

Last edited:

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I had a blast on Smashladder tonight! So far I've been going 100% Roy on ranked matches and doing really well. This is my first time being ranked on there and enjoying the season system, I got Silver III just now. 7 sets won in a row as 2-0's, my first set this season was a 0-2 loss before the other 7. I'm really enjoying Roy competitively and I can't wait to hit up Colorado's events again. I'm also looking forward to Silver/Gold players finally taking my challenges after being denied so long for being unranked to see if I fare well or get absolutely destroyed. Either way I look forward to what I can learn from them.

Shoutouts to @Spruzo (fellow Roy main) and @SGJet (crazy fast Shulk, I barely managed to keep up with his insane movement tools and the seamless speed of his Monado Art changes) for being enjoyable opponents who were even willing to hit me up on Smashboards after I asked. I look forward to laddering with them again.

:pimp:
Nice, I was planning to go 100% Roy myself on Smashladder but people started to counterpick my Roy so I had to use Marth against certain characters.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
In chapter 21 of Binding Blade.
Despite hearing constantly about how horrible Roy is as a unit...I've yet to get a legit game over yet(not counting when I was just messing around with the game...), so that's pretty alright.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
I never had much of a issue with it either. Granted it can be annoying to babysit him till that point of godliness (dat promotion though), but still not much of a headache.

My usual strategy with Roy:

1: Get hella early game utility and use out of him with his two rapiers and just being a staple unit in combat overall, one of my best alongside Dieck and Alan/Lance.
2: He hits Lv20 some point later.
3: I leave him unequipped, but to where other units can pass a sword to him easily if I need him to attack something. I meatshield with him a lot (he has some bulk and he's really dodgy) and build up his 5 supports before promotion easily, even on LTC (ranked/draft) runs. This is where he falls off midgame but whatever, he still has use here. Being a beast both in the rougher early chapters and picking back up again later as a really powerful unit is much better than just excelling in one like certain lords.
4: Ch22 comes, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw612HfTE_4

I always neglect using Hammerne on his SoS, which I should have done at least once during multiple runs. Maybe next time.

Roy is really good, this is from someone who still doesn't use him to his fullest. People who bash him either suck at FE6 or haven't played it and want to fit in on a bandwagon. r/fireemblem is the biggest dogpile of hypocrisy I've seen when it comes to this. ****** with Rhys, Lucina, Mist, Sothe, Marth, Hector, etc. avatars bash Roy, lmao. At least change your avatar to something that will make you credible first.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Top Bottom