• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I see, I remember she has a pink palette too...

Which amiibos are you referring to? If you are saying the rare ones like Shulk, yeah...
Glad I'm not in USA, so amiibos wouldn't really be a nightmare to me. So far I haven't got even a single penny, I hope I can get my money soon...
All of them. I've been in the game for a while now and even commons in the USA are difficult to get at retailers. There's one Target near me that has had empty racks since Wave 4. And I hope you get your money soon. Just... don't get addicted to them D:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
All of them. I've been in the game for a while now and even commons in the USA are difficult to get at retailers. There's one Target near me that has had empty racks since Wave 4. And I hope you get your money soon. Just... don't get addicted to them D:
Actually, I do... a little. However, I'm also in a dilemma of whether buying Wii U or amiibos... so should I get a Wii U first?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Actually, I do... a little. However, I'm also in a dilemma of whether buying Wii U or amiibos... so should I get a Wii U first?
Yes. Starfox, smash wiiU, bayonetta 2, hyrule warriors (ok that is now... on 3ds soonish too) Are reasons over reasons to buy em!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yes. Starfox, smash wiiU, bayonetta 2, hyrule warriors (ok that is now... on 3ds soonish too) Are reasons over reasons to buy em!
I have already planning to buy Wii U ever since it's launched (During my first year in high school), but money, school work were the ones that always block me from getting one. So, ok, I will try to buy a Wii U first then, and see how much do I have left to buy amiibos and other games.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I... can't... resist him

HALP

Also, I'm just here waiting for an update on Marth's Nendoroid figure. ;_;

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Don't mind me, I'm just going to leave this new Awkward Zombie comic here:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'd be :4drmario:'s patient any day. ;)

Don't mind me, I'm just going to leave this new Awkward Zombie comic here:

It's okay Roy you'll always be cool in our books. Although maybe "cool" is the wrong word here... We need a word with more PH1R3 and hawtness. I just wanted an excuse to add some pretty text colours

Enough I guess...

Huh? Why is Roy vs Peach MU is to "accepting your death" for Roy?

Hilarious.
Find a secondary to fight Peach before you find out. You must remain pure and unbroken if you're one of the lucky ones spared from it so far.

I'd be :4drmario:'s patient any day. ;)

It's okay Roy you'll always be cool in our books. Although maybe "cool" is the wrong word here... We need a word with more PH1R3 and hawtness. I just wanted an excuse to add some pretty text colours

Buy Miracle Cure for 3DS, guys.

Superb, accomplished, indefectable, consummate, peerless, and unequaled come to mind. For Miracle Cure and Roy.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
WHAT IS THIS BARA DOUJIN!? MY EYES!!

You'll only see stuff like this posted on Smashboards After Dark.

I need some more awesome Lewyn art to cure my burned eyes (or maybe a burn heal?)

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Find a secondary to fight Peach before you find out. You must remain pure and unbroken if you're one of the lucky ones spared from it so far.

Buy Miracle Cure for 3DS, guys.

Superb, accomplished, indefectable, consummate, peerless, and unequaled come to mind. For Miracle Cure and Roy.
I'm sure Roy can have some advantages over Peach.

WHAT IS THIS?

WHAT IS THIS BARA DOUJIN!? MY EYES!!

You'll only see stuff like this posted on Smashboards After Dark.
I should post this kind of stuff mid-day or in the morning. If only there were more relevant situations for Dr. Mario looking like Marcus Fenix. There will be if you guys buy Miracle Cure!! :smash:

I'm sure Roy can have some advantages over Peach.

WHAT IS THIS?
Every character has certain advantages over all others, but it doesn't rid the board of things like 70-30 or worse matchups :c

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I should post this kind of stuff mid-day or in the morning. If only there were more relevant situations for Dr. Mario looking like Marcus Fenix. There will be if you guys buy Miracle Cure!! :smash:

Every character has certain advantages over all others, but it doesn't rid the board of things like 70-30 or worse matchups :c
Perhaps so, but that's just most people's view I guess...

But Ream, think of the children! We don't want to scare away the kiddies! :troll:
You're right. We need to indoctrinate them first. You know what word sounds like indoctrinate? Doctor. Doctor Mario Miracle Cure for 3DS. We disguise ourselves as the Roy Social when we're really Dr. Mario Social 2.0. We brought back Roy alongside Dr. Mario for this purpose. We use this scheme to turn boys and girls into monstrous master baras. Yes, girls are welcome, too. We will use a 3DS puzzle game (for $8.99) as step 1 for this fitness plan. Once many have bought this game, I will let you guys in on future steps.

Perhaps so, but that's just most people's view I guess...
A lot of it involves objective data and how the characters interact at high-level play. Roy can optimize his performance against Peach, but that Peach in turn can optimize her performance against Roy, which doesn't always break even. It's unfortunate for Roy with how bad Roy vs. Peach historically is, and how the same problems are resurfacing in the new game, but maybe he has some hidden tools...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Am I being patient enough?

^Three step process to the Roy vs. Peach MU for Roy.
Last time I fought against a Peach, she was pretty good, but pretty aggressive. TBH, if you can intercept her during her trying to float at you for a hit, it's gonna leave a mark.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Last time I fought against a Peach, she was pretty good, but pretty aggressive. TBH, if you can intercept her during her trying to float at you for a hit, it's gonna leave a mark.
Jab works wonders against agressive peach approaches. Just stay in shield, or shorthop nair.
Roy has actually many tools to stop approaching now that I mention it...

Anyways, learning to space correctly against that crown helps a lot.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I will try that when I fight with Peach.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I will try that when I fight with Peach.
Sure. Just remember that better Peach-players tend to ensure they make their movement and approaching as unpredictable as possible, so always stay on guard around those. I've met few and they can be monstrous.

You bet. This comic is really funny.
Kinda sad I have such picky and stoic sense of humor then since I can't enjoy this as much. :4luigi:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sure. Just remember that better Peach-players tend to ensure they make their movement and approaching as unpredictable as possible, so always stay on guard around those. I've met few and they can be monstrous.

Kinda sad I have such picky and stoic sense of humor then since I can't enjoy this as much. :4luigi:
Ok I will watch out for that.

Huh? What do you mean? I always like awkwardzoblie's comics, especially how he draw Roy.

Never was a fan of awkwardzombie and how the comics flesh out the worst stereotypes of the Fire Emblem fandom.

"Hector is the strongest character ever!" or "Nobody likes Roy!" and stuff like that. I could never get on board with any of it.

It relies a lot on overused, predictable video game jokes and humor across any series it touches. Every Roy joke will rely on the same 1-2 formulas and outcomes, yet they all end up here.

The Gray Fox joke made me chuckle, though.

The Peach MU? She can float, play too aggressive, let you jab and OoS nair, etc. all she wants and get punished until she learns to play the MU correctly which is the key thing. I'm re-reading old Roy vs. Peach threads from 2006 and 2007, and it's very reminiscent of this sort of discussion.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Gods, I leave again for a little while and I miss everything from new threads to Levin and Marth and Caeda figures (well, I knew about those but...) to bara doujins (dl link required btw I'm lying please don't send that to me)... mfw I cannot keep up with forums for the life of me.
At least I have my Chrom Charaforme to keep me company until Marth/Caeda Nendos and Lucina Figma release? ;v; And until Eldigan gets his lazy butt in the mail to my house? Sure...ahahha....;----;

It would be nice to actually see one of the AwkwardZombie comics just...end nicely. For Roy. Like, just one. A comic that makes you feel, like, the kind of feel that makes you just go ". . . Awh" because it's warm and fuzzy and crap and not ". . . Awh" feeling bad for Roy again, rofl.
Was kind of hoping Marth would be like "I hate you but also welcome back ;-;" but the comic she wrote with Marth last week he was irritated like usual... it was funny though at the end so now I'm conflicted. Maybe I should just keep my ships and Marth's canon personality far away from AZ's comic world. That's probably the best thing...

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Sup guys. Ok so here is the thing. I REALLY wanna contribute to Roy's metagame. Thing is...Ryu is too much fun. Still, I do know quite a bit about Roy and I would love to help the player base out and def leave my mark on his metagame. So I was going to create a very advanced guide about a certain aspect of his play. @Novaseer made a thread in the Marth forums which is basically what I want to make on the Roy forums. Would Roy players want such a guide? Here is the link to the Marth thread I mentioned. Mine would be modeled after this one.

http://smashboards.com/threads/marths-trap-primer-final-version-item-drop-trap-added.388997/

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Sup guys. Ok so here is the thing. I REALLY wanna contribute to Roy's metagame. Thing is...Ryu is too much fun. Still, I do know quite a bit about Roy and I would love to help the player base out and def leave my mark on his metagame. So I was going to create a very advanced guide about a certain aspect of his play. @Novaseer made a thread in the Marth forums which is basically what I want to make on the Roy forums. Would Roy players want such a guide? Here is the link to the Marth thread I mentioned. Mine would be modeled after this one.

http://smashboards.com/threads/marths-trap-primer-final-version-item-drop-trap-added.388997/
Why wouldn't we want such a guide?!
And I can understand what you mean with ryu, when you got the hang of him, he's insanely fun, same with charizard. Except that charizard doesn't do well in 1v1...

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
An advance guide like that would be wonderful~

Top Bottom