• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

I love how it's called Marth's Trap Primer when he's been the butt of feminine jokes since the 2000's or even sooner.

Incredibly solid guide, this is the kind of stuff I've been telling people to do with Marth since day 1. I'm interested to see how Roy's falling speed, incredible dash speed, new moves, and different frame data/knockback fare in trapping opponents in any given situation.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Just want to inform you guys this hella cool combo I got out against Lucas, I got him from 8% to 44% with this alone and u-smash's hitbox lasts a long time so this is hella effective. Try it out!

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Basically everything Roy does is a trap. And all his traps flow together same as Marth and can lead to guesses between a KO or another trap set-up. And honestly most of his traps are pretty braindead easy mode except for two which require awesome reaction time.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Sorry, I almost forgot
@ Croph Croph @ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 I want your guys opinion on this. So my friend and i came up with a new tag for me since Knux is kinda bland for me since im not big into Knuckles as much as i used to. How does WoC| Archeis sound? i can use Arkis for short too. also my friend made me a basic photo for me so far. hes working on a better one too.View attachment 60092
That tag sounds pretty cool, and I like the nickname. So if you want to use "Archeis", go for it! Love the picture as well

Also, while I'm at it, I feel like quoting this because...
Two words: Drunken Roy.

There's a story behind that, I'll elaborate.

A few years ago, I attended a Smash Bros tournament that was being held in an arcade+bar. I entered the tournament for Brawl, since that was what I was good at playing at the time, but I had myself a number of drinks, got a little tipsy, and drank a few more. I was having a good time and in good spirits, as well as pretty deep into my spirits.

At this tournament, there was a side event getting started for Melee; not a full tournament, but a little one for free that some Melee players wanted to slap together. At that point, I hadn't played serious Melee in years, having given up trying to catch up to the ridiculous technical mastery that tournament-level Melee players go for, and the fact that my most comfortable character for those few technical things I could do was Roy: considered one of the worst characters in terms of tournament-level viability in Melee.

However, my sense of better judgement and inhibitions after those drinks was gone, and I felt having some fun, and the fact that it was a free mini-tournament meant I really had nothing to lose, so what the heck. I entered, staggering drunk, with Roy...

I got 3rd place in that mini-tournament, 3rd place, against some solid Melee players who really knew their stuff.

Apparently, when I got really sloshed and played Roy in Melee, I did some of the most bizarre, unpredictable, unexpected things the players present had ever seen. I still had enough control of my faculties to perform what little Wavedash/L-cancel and the like I could do sober, at least enough to keep up with the truly expert players. That, combined with bizarre drunken shenanigans, and a kind of joyfully-cackling fearlessness brought on by my drunkenness, took me to 3rd place.

Fast-forward some time later: I'd picked up some Project M after Roy was added, and one night decided with a bunch of my comrades that I'd play Roy in PM while drunk. The results were very similar: I did bizarre yet stupidly effective things with my boy Roy. I then decided I needed to test this phenomena properly: play other characters in a similar state of intoxication. I found that literally all of the other characters I play, even my best mains and secondaries in Melee and PM, suffered greatly from my alcohol-induced-inebriation, while Roy became a deadly force to be reckoned with.

When Smash4 came out, I knew there wasn't any Roy, but I still wanted to see if another character could be my "drunk main" as Roy had become. Long story short: none of the characters I play in Smash4 improved with drunkenness, they all suffered, and I was a disappointed.

However, now that my boy Roy is back in the smash action, I am super super excited to test and see if this Roy will once again become and ungodly deadly drunken demon in my happily swaying booze-sloshed hands the way Roys before him have done.
this is an epic story.

Teach me the ways of the Drunken Sword!

Last edited:

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
this is an epic story.

Teach me the ways of the Drunken Sword!

I don't know if it can be taught. Everyone reacts to being drunk differently; for example, I'm much, much more outgoing, fun and extroverted while drunk, from a guy who while sober is generally very calm, collected and deliberat.e The only reliable way I can think of is to experiment.

Get a "control group" of opponents, like regular practice partners, and establish a sober baseline of skill.
Get drunk
Get to smashing
Record the results somehow (may involve asking your opponents how you did after the fact)

On a side topic, my roomate and I have been trying to come up with a mix drink inspired by this phenomena, and maybe yu guys can help figure something out.
Considering Roy's affinity with fire, and the red I always use, we've been knid of trying to come up with a drink that has a nice firey spicy bite, possibly cinnamon based, like spicy cinnamon candy, but in drink form. Since my color for Roy is always, without exception, Red Roy, that would also be the name of the drink, either "Red Roy" or "Flaming Roy"

Any thoughts on this?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sup guys. Ok so here is the thing. I REALLY wanna contribute to Roy's metagame. Thing is...Ryu is too much fun. Still, I do know quite a bit about Roy and I would love to help the player base out and def leave my mark on his metagame. So I was going to create a very advanced guide about a certain aspect of his play. @Novaseer made a thread in the Marth forums which is basically what I want to make on the Roy forums. Would Roy players want such a guide? Here is the link to the Marth thread I mentioned. Mine would be modeled after this one.

http://smashboards.com/threads/marths-trap-primer-final-version-item-drop-trap-added.388997/
Anything to make Roy's metagame more devloped, especially from someone as veteran professional as you!

Just want to inform you guys this hella cool combo I got out against Lucas, I got him from 8% to 44% with this alone and u-smash's hitbox lasts a long time so this is hella effective. Try it out!
Not a true combo, he naired near the end, and I'm pretty sure there were multiple ways to get out of it after the fair. But it was pretty cool nonetheless, and it can indeed be good for if you know your opponent's gonna do something that'll catch them in usmash depending on their habits/go-to options which includes many after that fair. If they try and jump after the fair, you can trap them into something after since they ate their second jump. I like the general idea of it.

That tag sounds pretty cool, and I like the nickname. So if you want to use "Archeis", go for it! Love the picture as well
I believe I completely forgot to comment on the tag/pic when skimming posts, I apologize about that, @Chris_Skorniak. I really like both! Archeis is a solid name and I can see it fitting in well.

Well guys, I have a confession to make. I've always found Marth's playstyle more enjoyable in Melee and PM than Roy's, ever since 2010 or 2011, but I played Roy due to wanting to represent his character and still finding him pretty fun. Something about Marth's fall speed, sweet-and-sour combos with the tip as a powerful finisher, ease of mobility while still having slick movement, how well his moveset pops up foes, and the tip-based playstyle always felt like a perfect and terrifying fit on me.
With how different Roy is in sm4sh, it's awkward to go between him and previous incarnations, so I feel like I can finally go back to my roots with Marth. I always played Roy for being exclusive to Melee (and later PM) as a cut, to represent him, and to hope it'd help the chances of warming people up to him and bringing him back. I don't need that quite as much now. Now all my old Roy stuff transferred to 4, he feels perfect there, and he's just in the game to begin with :awesome: so I feel this is the breath of fresh air I needed to play around with my roots when I first learned Melee's advanced techiques with Marth more, and to branch out in Melee/PM with the perfect balance of characters in 4.

I did a nice Marth combo in PM yesterday. Three utilts, #2 and 3 were turnaround, both hits of nair, then bair, then a finisher with dair. I called it the "when you catch the fuccboi in yo girl's inbox combo" combo.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ok guys I hear you loud and clear. Expect the guide to be up by Friday evening EST.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So, there's been an update on some FE 25th anniversary merchandise. We also finally got some full pictures of the Fire Emblem Karuta card game, like this one.

Roy looks so determined. He's totally gonna grab the right card before anyone!

But...

But there's some Lords that are missing from the picture!

Please tell me there's official FE tarot cards as well. At any rate, the merchandise is really cool, and I can't wait for the concert!

Last edited:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
So, there's been an update on some FE 25th anniversary merchandise. We also finally got some full pictures of the Fire Emblem Karuta card game, like this one.

Roy looks so determined. He's totally gonna grab the right card before anyone!

But...

But there's some Lords that are missing from the picture!

Please tell me there's official FE tarot cards as well. At any rate, the merchandise is really cool, and I can't wait for the concert!
Oh no, oh no, I need to keep my bank account faaaaaaaaaaaarrrr away from all of this.
But it's going to be impossible. If anything stops me, it's going to be the limited supply that does it, not my wallet.

Roy looks so painfully cute, he looks like he's nervously waiting to snag the card... And, uhm, there's Leif, looking the wrong way. Maybe he saw Finn off in the distance--?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
On a side topic, my roomate and I have been trying to come up with a mix drink inspired by this phenomena, and maybe yu guys can help figure something out.
Considering Roy's affinity with fire, and the red I always use, we've been knid of trying to come up with a drink that has a nice firey spicy bite, possibly cinnamon based, like spicy cinnamon candy, but in drink form. Since my color for Roy is always, without exception, Red Roy, that would also be the name of the drink, either "Red Roy" or "Flaming Roy"

Any thoughts on this?
A drink inspired by Roy is actually an awesome idea. Reminds me of this person who made drinks inspired by the League of Legends cast (doing the whole Smash roster would be awesome as well). So like, for example:

I don't usually drink, but if you can make a virgin of the Roy drink I'd totally try one.

I have this really cool mixed drinks book (stole it from my parents since they don't drink anymore lmao), and there's a lot of funky drinks. I'm sure there's some recipes for some spicy stuff (you can add your own flair to the recipies as well), but unfortunately I'm out of town, and will be for a week, so yeah can't take a look.

Last edited:
the lack of Eliwood is depressing but not surprising

probably not gonna be in Fates either with the clear "replace fathers with their sons and call it a day" thing still going on in FE lmao

god forbid if Eliwood, Sigurd, Hector, Sothe, or Levin get in before Lilina (Chrom's with his daughter which is why I say sons, but still, knowing how much classic FE gets the shaft nowadays and how much Hector is dickridden and how he's on that top 10 DLC poll) and Sety.

First SMT x FE killed any possible interest by saying it only picked characters from Shadow Dragon and Awakening popularity polls when it showed most lords in one trailer to hype it up a few years ago, then Fates seems like it's doing the same bull****.

I'm not looking forward to past character appearances in FE if it's just gonna be them either acting like Archanea is the only continent (leaving out FE3 but adding in FE13 descendants) or using polls rather than picking more important characters to the series' history and making those who like seemingly guaranteed mainstays be excluded.

I'm losing interest in anything new FE fast. Fan demand is not the way to go with FE, the fanbase rarely holds good opinions as a whole, and I swear if they don't at least draw all mc's for a 25th anniversary deal they're making a big deal out of and leave it to fan demand or artist preference...

It's pretty insulting to see Anna and Tiki in there, considering how much was left out.

Hopefully something pops up that restores my faith in modern FE in the meantime.

Last edited:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
the lack of Eliwood is depressing but not surprising

probably not gonna be in Fates either with the clear "replace fathers with their sons and call it a day" thing still going on in FE lmao

god forbid if Eliwood, Sigurd, Hector, or Levin get in before Lilina (Chrom's with his daughter which is why I say sons, but still, knowing how much classic FE gets the shaft nowadays and how much Hector is dickridden and how he's on that top 10 DLC poll) and Sety.

First SMT x FE killed any possible interest by saying it only picked characters from Shadow Dragon and Awakening popularity polls when it showed most lords in one trailer to hype it up a few years ago, then Fates seems like it's doing the same bull****.

I'm not looking forward to past character appearances in FE if it's just gonna be them either acting like Archanea is the only continent (leaving out FE3 but adding in FE13 descendants) or using polls rather than picking more important characters to the series' history and making those who like seemingly guaranteed mainstays be excluded.

I'm losing interest in anything new FE fast. Fan demand is not the way to go with FE, the fanbase rarely holds good opinions as a whole, and I swear if they don't at least draw all mc's for a 25th anniversary deal they're making a big deal out of and leave it to fan demand or artist preference...

Hopefully something pops up that restores my faith in modern FE in the meantime.
Mmmnnh, while I don't necessarily think you're wrong, I also think part of it is down to just notability. Like, more people know who Ike/Chrom/Lucina/Marth/Roy are than, say, Eliwood/Sigurd. Even though Eliwood and Sigurd are the total bae.
And part of it might be down to who the artist finds the most fun to draw, too. Like, I personally find Sigurd more fun to draw than, say, Seliph, but the official artist(s) might find Seliph more fun to draw than Sigurd.
There was that 25th Anniversary drawing a while back though that had Sigurd in it, I remember. But looking between the two, I find a lot of similarities in who the artist chose to draw. I personally think it's more of a "I like this person so I'm going to draw them a lot" sort of thing when it comes to the promotional material. That same sketch from back then had Roy/Marth/Ike/Sigurd/Lucina/Chrom/Leif/Ephraim/Eirika in it. Which, minus Sigurd and Ephraim, are all characters in that promo art up there ^ too.

I was really disappointed when I read the thing about SMT x FE only choosing Awakening and Shadow Dragon&The Blade of Light characters, though (or at least, that's what was implied). Not sure if that totally means that no other characters will be in it, but if it does, then yeah, it's really disappointing that a franchise with 14 games will only have characters from 2 of those games in SMT x FE...

But I'm doing my best to reserve judgment on something like this until there's more information. I don't know how they're going to handle the Fates DLC, and #FE still hasn't come out yet, so who knows? I'm still excited for Fates, it looks like it took more of a Seisen no Keifu turn for the story and is actually pretty serious stuff (though I've not spoiled myself on it so I'm not entirely sure).

On a somewhat related note, I would really like to see how the current artist for FE would draw some of the older characters. vwv Like, full-on illustrations. It would be cool to see the different art styles between now and back then.<3

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
On a somewhat related note, I would really like to see how the current artist for FE would draw some of the older characters. vwv Like, full-on illustrations. It would be cool to see the different art styles between now and back then.<3
Yeah, as much as I hate how a lot of the new characters look, (they don't look like Fire Emblem characters at all imo) they definitely did a good job on the artwork for Ike and Marth. (did Lucina and Robin have their artwork released?) Something about Ike's face looks a LITTLE off, but otherwise it's fantastically done.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Wait what? SMT x FE is only going to have Shadow Dragon and Awakening characters, or at least implied? Anyone have a link to where they said this?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well hopefully the game won't exclusively have characters only from those games (but just like a bigger focus on them). Because if it does... yeah, it will be very disappointing to see the other games get shafted.

But since popularity polls helped with choosing the characters, well, we could probably make educated guesses as to who might make an appearance.

I'm trying my hardest to hold judgment until there's more info. I've been in similar situations before where things turned out fine, so, who knows.

I could actually see Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, and Roy being locked under Amiibos... Perhaps this might also explain why we haven't seen Marth yet (at least to my knowledge?). If that happens... *SOBS*

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
SMTXFE is an absolute DISGRACE to both Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem is a niche franchise, with a really hardcore audience. Who the **** is that garbage supposed to appeal to?

And as for Fire Emblem Fates... I honestly think it's shaping up to being worse than Awakening honestly. Even though Awakening garnered in a whole bunch of weebs and annoying fans, I will not let that destroy my original opinion of the game, back when it came out in Feb of 2013. For what it was, Awakening was a fantastic game. It had the unique marriage mechanic, and although I felt the children seemed forced, for a one time thing, coming in from the future was fine. But Fates is simply reusing that same "children coming from the future" trope. That should have been unique to Awakening, because now it is CLEARLY shoehorned in. Also, way too much crappy fanservice, bigger emphasis on appealing to filthy weebs, cash grab for paying for the three separate paths, seemingly a weaker story than Awakening, DESPITE IS making sure to emphasize the writer, Shin Kabayashi, and overall a huge disrespect to the entire Fire Emblem franchise in general. i literally think that IS sees Fire Emblem as only consisting of Marth+Awakening. That's it.

Atleast our boy Sakurai literally represented Fire Emblem in the best waay possible in Smash 4. The Fire Emblem Mascot (Marth), the Fire Emblem rep for GCN/Wii and perhaps most loved lord (Ike), the rep for the prolific GBA era (Roy), and the reps for the most recent breakout success (Lucina&Robin). That man is a true Fire Emblem fan.

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
SMTXFE is an absolute DISGRACE to both Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem is a niche franchise, with a really hardcore audience. Who the **** is that garbage supposed to appeal to?

And as for Fire Emblem Fates... I honestly think it's shaping up to being worse than Awakening honestly. Even though Awakening garnered in a whole bunch of weebs and annoying fans, I will not let that destroy my original opinion of the game, back when it came out in Feb of 2013. For what it was, Awakening was a fantastic game. It had the unique marriage mechanic, and although I felt the children seemed forced, for a one time thing, coming in from the future was fine. But Fates is simply reusing that same "children coming from the future" trope. That should have been unique to Awakening, because now it is CLEARLY shoehorned in. Also, way too much crappy fanservice, bigger emphasis on appealing to filthy weebs, cash grab for paying for the three separate paths, seemingly a weaker story than Awakening, DESPITE IS making sure to emphasize the writer, Shin Kabayashi, and overall a huge disrespect to the entire Fire Emblem franchise in general. i literally think that IS sees Fire Emblem as only consisting of Marth+Awakening. That's it.

Atleast our boy Sakurai literally represented Fire Emblem in the best waay possible in Smash 4. The Fire Emblem Mascot (Marth), the Fire Emblem rep for GCN/Wii and perhaps most loved lord (Ike), the rep for the prolific GBA era (Roy), and the reps for the most recent breakout success (Lucina&Robin). That man is a true Fire Emblem fan.
Fates is sadly only sold to newcomers because of the fanservice (both men and women..believe me) and because of the crappy elements (like pair up and the children stuff) being rehashed and bleh, that + infinite weapons all the time means that I can't really see myself enjoying this game.

Also, if Sakurai was a REAL Fire Emblem fan we would've replaced Lucina with Inigo because he's the best child and would've made him not a clone. :smirk:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Fates is sadly only sold to newcomers because of the fanservice (both men and women..believe me) and because of the crappy elements (like pair up and the children stuff) being rehashed and bleh, that + infinite weapons all the time means that I can't really see myself enjoying this game.

Also, if Sakurai was a REAL Fire Emblem fan we would've replaced Lucina with Inigo because he's the best child and would've made him not a clone. :smirk:
Best child? HA!
Nothing could beat Severa! She's after lucina best child. Lon'quXCordelia causes her to has such sweet stats and abilities...
And she even gets artheft right off the bat. Pretty good if you ask me.

Troykv

Smash Master

1.- Probably the new Awakening fans

2.- The game gives me a bad omen since They put a Amie Looking Thing, the exagerate fanservice with Camilla, the Time Chamber Stuff, the Second Maid thing, and other things makes that worse.

I'm still open to buy a used copie if (random pun), Sakurai puts Micaiah in Smash

Also yeah... All these things make me wonder if Fire Emblem will change the Continent some day or will stay in Akanea-Related now.

3.- Based Sakurai! I knew that you are a great FE Fan!

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Coming in late to the ph1r3 party

You know, in one side I'm excited for all țhe new fire emblem, but my heart breaks everytime I talk to my friends about țhe series and the only thing they talk about is their waifus

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Glad to know I'm a bunched with "weebs" who are into "**** Garbage" for having an interest in the upcoming crossover. That's fantastic.

Nothing angers me more than people thinking it's okay to belittle people they don't agree with or like. I originally started following this community because I saw people who were genuine, and stood above petty insults. I'm no perfect person, but tearing others down and having your own opinion about something are two very different things. Not remotely saying anyone should have to like something, but wouldn't it be awesome if we could be civil people? At least pretend to be concerned that you might be hurting other human beings with your words?

Here's another idea: actually wait into the two games come out and formulate your own opinions? Radical, I know.

ANYWAY, about Roy: I've been watching doubles with he and Marth teaming up! It's really satisfying seeing the two work together and destroy competition. They annialated a Ness Lucas team the other night.

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Glad to know I'm a bunched with "weebs" who are into "**** Garbage" for having an interest in the upcoming crossover. That's fantastic.

Nothing angers me more than peolle thinking it's okay to belittle people they don't agree with or like. I originally started following this community because I saw people who were genuine, and stood above petty insults. I'm no perfect person, but tearing others down and having your own opinion about something are two very different things. Not remotely saying anyone should have to like something, but wouldn't it be awesome if we could be civil people? At least pretend to be concerned that you might be hurting other human beings with your words?

Here's another idea: actually wait into the two games come out and formulate your own opinions? Radical, I know.

ANYWAY, about Roy: I've been watching doubles with he and Marth teaming up! It's really satisfying seeing the two work together and destroy competition. They annialated a Ness Lucas team the other night.
:( I have only seen the trailer from the direct and that isn't enough for me to form an opinion, the music isn't really my style but who knows, maybe the gane will be the most hardcore game to come out? - shrugs-

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Best child? HA!
Nothing could beat Severa! She's after lucina best child. Lon'quXCordelia causes her to has such sweet stats and abilities...
And she even gets artheft right off the bat. Pretty good if you ask me.
Sorry, but I couldn't stand Severa. The only child I could actually use in my Lunatic run was Inigo, because Olivia+Chrom made him a powerhouse when I got to like chapter 18-19 (I forget which) and Lucina couldn't really manage because she was introduced right before a ship chapter and eventually whenever I would try deploying her she wouldn't do anything lol. Inigo on the other hand, did a really good job in my run and Royal Weapon with Sol as well as having Weapon Saver was just amazing; my point with that was that even if I liked Inigo solely for gameplay (he's actually the only character where this isn't the case) Severa's position gameplay would still be I don't like her.

The main reason, however, is that she's such a stuck-up *****. I don't give a **** that she acts like this to hide her insecurities about her mom leaving, she's in the world with Cordelia and oh my god she was just such a massive ***** in every conversation with no clue how to talk I just wanted to slap her hard which nobody ever did. I can't stand these stuck-up teenagers in real life so I couldn't stand Severa. Worst Child of the Year 2013.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Sorry, but I couldn't stand Severa. The only child I could actually use in my Lunatic run was Inigo, because Olivia+Chrom made him a powerhouse when I got to like chapter 18-19 (I forget which) and Lucina couldn't really manage because she was introduced right before a ship chapter and eventually whenever I would try deploying her she wouldn't do anything lol. Inigo on the other hand, did a really good job in my run and Royal Weapon with Sol as well as having Weapon Saver was just amazing; my point with that was that even if I liked Inigo solely for gameplay (he's actually the only character where this isn't the case) Severa's position gameplay would still be I don't like her.

The main reason, however, is that she's such a stuck-up *****. I don't give a **** that she acts like this to hide her insecurities about her mom leaving, she's in the world with Cordelia and oh my god she was just such a massive ***** in every conversation with no clue how to talk I just wanted to slap her hard which nobody ever did. I can't stand these stuck-up teenagers in real life so I couldn't stand Severa. Worst Child of the Year 2013.
Also Cordelia Worst Mother 2012-2013

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Also Cordelia Worst Mother 2012-2013
That goes to Tharja, I don't remember what happened to the father but Tharja would've been better dead than taking "care" of Noire. **** Tharja and her abusive ass she is a piece of ****.

...Okay, I'm sorry. I'll just stop ranting about the characters in this game, idk why anybody would marry Tharja ever and I at least feel sorry for Noire. I can't say Awakening makes me feel good. Honestly Fates seems like it's going to be bad for, not just because of the artstyle being like Awakening, but because of the fact that everything I've heard about the gameplay is just ass for me. Meh, I'm not getting it, so I hope those that will enjoy it. :\

D

Deleted member

Here's my two cents about Fates: I'm actually looking forward to it albeit the 'waifu' stuff and the other weird stuff incorporated into that game. As far as I know, that weird stuff is optional so if you don't like it, don't use it. I'm not. I'm in for the story.

And for SMT x FE, I really don't know what to think of the game but I don't think it will be something I hate.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Nothing angers me more than people thinking it's okay to belittle people they don't agree with or like. I originally started following this community because I saw people who were genuine, and stood above petty insults. I'm no perfect person, but tearing others down and having your own opinion about something are two very different things. Not remotely saying anyone should have to like something, but wouldn't it be awesome if we could be civil people? At least pretend to be concerned that you might be hurting other human beings with your words?

I guess some people are just more aggressive with their opinions :/ But yeah belittling people isn't cool.

Having characters only from Shadow Dragon and Awakening is a serious concern for me though. I mean, most Pokemon crossovers and spin-offs have Pokemon from all Gens. The franchise spans multiple games and the different regions are fun and interesting, like in Fire Emblem. So while the first Pokemon Gen may have a lot of iconic and popular Pokemon, others Gens have a lot of popular Pokemon as well because not everyone's first Pokemon game is Red/Blue. It's nice to see Pokken feature Pokemon from not only Gen 1. Who would have thought we'd get :245:?

But it seems like there's an emphasize on popularity with SMT x FE. I guess that's why there's a bigger focus on Shadow Dragon/Marth's games and Awakening characters. I'm still going to get the game, because quite frankly I'm still very interested in it.

Still, if there's one thing I could say is that Fates has seemed to divide the fanbase even more (mostly because of the fanservice and pandering, even if it's optional people are still complaining).
I'm reeeeally skeptical on the third route. I'm not worried about the gameplay and story, but I'm getting cheap vibes from this business tactic. I've heard that both versions feel incomplete, and if they turn up marketing up to 11 for the 3rd route, well, you're going to have to spend some money to get a version that feels "complete" (never mind the fact that you can't buy the 3rd route on its own). I'm going to see how things will turn out in the end to make my final judgment though, especially when I play the game myself. Maybe I'm just overreacting.

It's going to be interesting what will happen once the game gets released in the West, and the direction the series will take in future games. I hope we'll know how many Hoshido and Nohr units are sold the first week here, like in Japan. Because then we can gauge which version is more popular here.

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I guess some people are just more aggressive with their opinions :/ But yeah belittling people isn't cool.

Having characters only from Shadow Dragon and Awakening is a serious concern for me though. I mean, most Pokemon crossovers and spin-offs have Pokemon from all Gens. The franchise spans multiple games and the different regions are fun and interesting, like in Fire Emblem. So while the first Pokemon Gen may have a lot of iconic and popular Pokemon, others Gens have a lot of popular Pokemon as well because not everyone's first Pokemon game is Red/Blue. It's nice to see Pokken feature Pokemon from not only Gen 1. Who would have thought we'd get :245:?

But it seems like there's an emphasize on popularity with SMT x FE. I guess that's why there's a bigger focus on Shadow Dragon/Marth's games and Awakening characters. I'm still going to get the game, because quite frankly I'm still very interested in it.

Still, if there's one thing I could say is that Fates has seemed to divide the fanbase even more (mostly because of the fanservice and pandering, even if it's optional people are still complaining).
I'm reeeeally skeptical on the third route. I'm not worried about the gameplay and story, but I'm getting cheap vibes from this business tactic. I've heard that both versions feel incomplete, and if they turn up marketing up to 11 for the 3rd route, well, you're going to have to spend some money to get a version that feels "complete" (never mind the fact that you can't buy the 3rd route on its own). I'm going to see how things will turn out in the end to make my final judgment though, especially when I play the game myself. Maybe I'm just overreacting.

It's going to be interesting what will happen once the game gets released in the West, and the direction the series will take in future games. I hope we'll know how many Hoshido and Nohr units are sold the first week here, like in Japan. Because then we can gauge which version is more popular here.
I really feel the same way as you, let us hope it all turns well in the end.
SMT x FE needs Ephraim.

I don't even care if it's "pandering to weebs" or about the fanservice. My problems lie with how much I fear a good chunk of past heroes of the series will be neglected despite emphasis being placed on them as a whole, especially after seeing most lords in the original SMT x FE trailer years ago only to get flipped the bird on that, how Phoenix Mode doesn't have any sort of learning curve or incentive to improve to move onto older titles and Classic when Casual Mode at least did and was just fine in New Mysery Emblem and Awakening, how Casual was a perfect newcomer difficulty while Phoenix is honestly pointless and detrimental to the series, how it's insulting to a Strategy RPG series (a sensitive genre that shouldn't be trivailized like this by any means) known for difficulty and is being placed in an M-rated game while even Mario, Sonic, Zelda, etc. don't baby players this hard as iconic E-rated titles in generally easier genres, how that alone will give really bad perception to the series, especially compared to ones like XCOM, how it'll further enforce the whole "the newest Fire Emblem is the only Fire Emblem!" audience and general prescence of the Fire Emblem fandom even worse than Awakening did, how my favorite main characters seem to be the only main characters left out, and SMT x FE being incredibly disappointing for the idea of what Fire Emblem would be on the Wii U. I don't really have faith in modern FE or much I expect, my only reassurance is that Fates will at least be somewhat enjoyable.

I welcome all new fans, as long as they try to at least acknowledge that the newest title isn't the only one and respect concerns of those who dislike certain features and changes. They don't even have to play or love the classic titles in my book.

I really feel the same way as you, let us hope it all turns well in the end.
SMT x FE needs Ephraim.
Ephraim's at least going to be in Fates.

http://imgur.com/a/f5COM

I highly doubt he'll be in SMT x FE with how they act like FE11 and FE13 are the only Fire Emblems.

Kinda wish I stayed a Marth fanboy like I was before I truly got into FE and never finished or started a lot of older titles.
I like Jugdral's characters? Better leave the first gen ones out in Awakening's redesigns and leave them all out entirely in the SMT x FE trailer. I end up really liking Roy's character? Sweet, I get to deal with his cut for two games and being laughed at the whole time for many reasons for liking him and still being hated/questioned to this day as a Fire Emblem fan for liking Roy. I can't go on a reddit post or youtube comment section without people still pulling their same old routine that's been old for a really long time. I couldn't even grab those poll results without seeing r/fireemblem say they're glad collectively that Roy isn't on there. At least he's back and in the 25th anniversary concert's promotional art, so haters gonna hate. Eliwood is my favorite Fire Emblem character? He gets absolutely nothing and is overshadowed by other GBA lords and lords in general in all faucets of the fandom and anything redesign or promotional-related.

I agree on Sakurai being a true series fan. He made sure to see all consoles of FE represented, with many throwbacks via palettes to original games and heroes. He seems to remember some of the most important characters and titles a lot better than Intelligent Systems does, which is a breath of fresh air. He included Marth/Roy/Ike, put in the likely FE newcomer I'd like to see most (Robin), and gave Sigurd+Eliwood+Leif palettes.

I'll get over it, and time will tell how things truly fare. Give me Eliwood as DLC and I'll quit ********, haha. I'm being far too sassy and pessimistic, but I feel these thoughts are still worth sharing and venting.

Anyways, let's lighten the mood. How many of you are playing a classic Fire Emblem game right now? Anything screenshot or post worthy? I'm playing through The Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon by cheesing each game with a few units each (Eirika, Ephraim, Ross, and Garcia for 8 with more to come as a #HeroHomies run, and Marth, Wolf, and Sedgar for 11) just to take my mind off some things.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyways, let's lighten the mood. How many of you are playing a classic Fire Emblem game right now? Anything screenshot or post worthy? I'm playing through The Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon by cheesing each game with a few units each (Eirika, Ephraim, Ross, and Garcia for 8 with more to come as a #HeroHomies run, and Marth, Wolf, and Sedgar for 11) just to take my mind off some things.
I'm currently playing The Sacred Stones. I'm on chapter 5 and have restarted it twice. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I don't even care if it's "pandering to weebs" or about the fanservice. My problems lie with how much I fear a good chunk of past heroes of the series will be neglected despite emphasis being placed on them as a whole, especially after seeing most lords in the original SMT x FE trailer years ago only to get flipped the bird on that, how Phoenix Mode doesn't have any sort of learning curve or incentive to improve to move onto older titles and Classic when Casual Mode at least did and was just fine in New Mysery Emblem and Awakening, how Casual was a perfect newcomer difficulty while Phoenix is honestly pointless and detrimental to the series, how it's insulting to a Strategy RPG series (a sensitive genre that shouldn't be trivailized like this by any means) known for difficulty and is being placed in an M-rated game while even Mario, Sonic, Zelda, etc. don't baby players this hard as iconic E-rated titles in generally easier genres, how that alone will give really bad perception to the series, especially compared to ones like XCOM, how it'll further enforce the whole "the newest Fire Emblem is the only Fire Emblem!" audience and general prescence of the Fire Emblem fandom even worse than Awakening did, how my favorite main characters seem to be the only main characters left out, and SMT x FE being incredibly disappointing for the idea of what Fire Emblem would be on the Wii U. I don't really have faith in modern FE or much I expect, my only reassurance is that Fates will at least be somewhat enjoyable.

Ephraim's at least going to be in Fates.

http://imgur.com/a/f5COM

I highly doubt he'll be in SMT x FE with how they act like FE11 and FE13 are the only Fire Emblems.

Kinda wish I stayed a Marth fanboy like I was before I truly got into FE and never finished or started a lot of older titles.
I like Jugdral's characters? Better leave the first gen ones out in Awakening's redesigns and leave them all out entirely in the SMT x FE trailer. I end up really liking Roy's character? Sweet, I get to deal with his cut for two games and being laughed at the whole time for many reasons for liking him and still being hated/questioned to this day as a Fire Emblem fan for liking Roy. I can't go on a reddit post or youtube comment section without people still pulling their same old routine that's been old for a really long time. I couldn't even grab those poll results without seeing r/fireemblem say they're glad collectively that Roy isn't on there. At least he's back and in the 25th anniversary concert's promotional art, so haters gonna hate. Eliwood is my favorite Fire Emblem character? He gets absolutely nothing and is overshadowed by other GBA lords and lords in general in all faucets of the fandom and anything redesign or promotional-related.

I agree on Sakurai being a true series fan. He made sure to see all consoles of FE represented, with many throwbacks via palettes to original games and heroes. He seems to remember some of the most important characters and titles a lot better than Intelligent Systems does, which is a breath of fresh air.

I'll get over it, and time will tell how things truly fare. Give me Eliwood as DLC and I'll quit ********, haha. I'm being far too sassy and pessimisstic, but I feel these thoughts are still worth sharing and venting.

Well that brings me some joy. I really get what you mean, I was talking to some friends about how I didn't like Awakening's difficulty, that the old ones were more fun.

I don't remember how the discussion went but it ended on FE not being about hardcore strategy but Waifus and minmaxing. That made me saaaaad :sadsheep:

I'd lose my smashcoins if there was Ewan / Tormod DLC, I love those cheeky mages to pieces, but alas, they'll never be.

Right now I'm playing FE6 with a supposed balance patch. But Roy still manages to get stellar level ups (read: 5 level ups in a row with only +1 hp) , haha.

Wolt's gonna wreck this run, I'm really feeling it.

I'm currently playing The Sacred Stones. I'm on chapter 5 and have restarted it twice. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong...
I like to lure out Joshua with an unarmed Seth, talk to him with Natasha, and have a handful of units like Vanessa and anyone I don't plan on using just for nabbing villages since there's a lot of goodies there. Lots of random brigand reinforcements, too. If you get all those steps, it should be a breeze from there. Seth/Franz/Eirika/maybe Colm/Joshua will get tons of mileage there. ;)

Well that brings me some joy. I really get what you mean, I was talking to some friends about how I didn't like Awakening's difficulty, that the old ones were more fun.

I don't remember how the discussion went but it ended on FE not being about hardcore strategy but Waifus and minmaxing. That made me saaaaad :sadsheep:

I'd lose my smashcoins if there was Ewan / Tormod DLC, I love those cheeky mages to pieces, but alas, they'll never be.

Right now I'm playing FE6 with a supposed balance patch. But Roy still manages to get stellar level ups (read: 5 level ups in a row with only +1 hp) , haha.

Wolt's gonna wreck this run, I'm really feeling it.
Strange, Wolt's growth spread is Roy's but lower in several categories.
http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/characters/growth-rates/
Then again, I'm unsure what changes that patch brought. For all we know, the creator could have seen Roy as OP and gimped him.
Elibe has some of the cruellest RNG in the series, haha. I've had every unit in FE7 RNG-screwed at least once, which is worth a medal. I'd definitely get Ewan/Tormod if they came out, I like them. Hopefully Ewan would still have Sage, Mage Knight, Summoner, and Super Pupil options for wherever he's placed, while Tormod would still have good movement with personal skills.

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I like to lure out Joshua with an unarmed Seth, talk to him with Natasha, and have a handful of units like Vanessa and anyone I don't plan on using just for nabbing villages since there's a lot of goodies there. Lots of random brigand reinforcements, too. If you get all those steps, it should be a breeze from there. Seth/Franz/Eirika/maybe Colm/Joshua will get tons of mileage there. ;)

Strange, Wolt's growth spread is Roy's but lower in several categories.
http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/characters/growth-rates/
Then again, I'm unsure what changes that patch brought. For all we know, the creator could have seen Roy as OP and gimped him.
Elibe has some of the cruellest RNG in the series, haha. I've had every unit in FE7 RNG-screwed at least once, which is worth a medal. I'd definitely get Ewan/Tormod if they came out, I like them. Hopefully Ewan would still have Sage, Mage Knight, Summoner, and Super Pupil options for wherever he's placed, while Tormod would still have good movement with personal skills.
Celerity is awesome, I always gave him the knight ring and he was killer.

Pretty much yeah, the RNG goddess loves messing up with me.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
After I finish my second run of FE7 I'm going to try to play FE2, FE4, FE5 in that order. Nothing screenshot worthy from FE7 though, unless you count all of the people I've accidentally killed D: (RIP Nino, Dart, Dorcas, Fiora, and Isadora 2015)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My brothers and sisters are playing the third path of FE Fates now, at first, it was harsh.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for that xD
How am I gonna bring Natasha closer to Joshua though without her getting hit by enemies? Also the first attempt I killed off Artur so I restarted, then the second attempt I killed off Eirika because Joshua did a critical hit on her. Uggggh ;~;

Thanks for that xD
How am I gonna bring Natasha closer to Joshua though without her getting hit by enemies? Also the first attempt I killed off Artur so I restarted, then the second attempt I killed off Eirika because Joshua did a critical hit on her. Uggggh ;~;
What I do is keep Natasha out of all of the opposing side's attack ranges, lure and kill the enemies around Joshua by forcing them to move to units in their attack range while playing outside Joshua's 5 movement plus 1 attack range since he only moves if you get in that range, then lure Joshua to an unarmed Seth after the mess around him is cleaned up to let him attack Seth (safe even if he crits a Lv1 Seth) and recruit with Natasha. You can press A on enemy units to check their attack range and get a general idea how to handle situations like recruitments and how many units a character can safely fight at different areas. After recruiting Joshua, you can place a horizontal line of units a square or two in front of Natasha to block that narrow area and keep her safe.

Troykv

Smash Master
Ugh... So like a friend say... Fire Emblem is Dead (the Classic one).

Based Sakurai please save us!

Top Bottom