• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

D

Deleted member

I wish Chronobound could write about how important Iwata was for Nintendo,i know it sounds wierd, but his posts were so well written and emotional that i want to see him talk about the feats he has done over the past years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Chronobound could write about how important Iwata was for Nintendo,i know it sounds wierd, but his posts were so well written and emotional that i want to see him talk about the feats he has done over the past years.
You may have luck via inbox, he replies to me now and then while he isn't posting on threads at all.

D

Deleted member

Okay guys,Chronobound responded me and i told him in case that he wanted to do a write-up about Iwata,he could post the write-up about Iwata in this specific thread and also here:http://smashboards.com/threads/president-iwata-passes-away.409946

I was actually impressed that he responded me to be honest.

Thanks for the memories on the Roy legacy support thread guys,if you excuse me,im' going to have fun playing Nintendo games,just like Iwata wanted.

EDIT:I should also mention that he has been very busy lately, so it could take him a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Did Chronobound ever write up on Roy like he said he would? Just saying. Though if he's doing an Iwata one I'd prioritize that atm.

D

Deleted member

Did Chronobound ever write up on Roy like he said he would? Just saying. Though if he's doing an Iwata one I'd prioritize that atm.
He hasn't finished his write-up about Roy yet, he has been very busy lately.

Just beat Shadow Dragon again. I said **** it, and warp staff'd the final stretch.

I forged a Hand Axe for Sedgar named "Ayyyyyy" (big font, however many y's fit) and maxed out the power, crit, and accuracy on it, then had more than enough gold to set the weight to 1 for the lulz. I didn't even grab either version of Falchion or Starlight this run.

ITT: Sedgar kills Medeus in one round by throwing a pair of shoes at him. I'm guessing 1 weight = around 1 lb, which is about the weight of a shoe, so yes, 2 attacks = a pair of shoes.

@ Croph Croph , how's your run looking?

Troykv

Smash Master
Just beat Shadow Dragon again. I said **** it, and warp staff'd the final stretch.

I forged a Hand Axe for Sedgar named "Ayyyyyy" (big font, however many y's fit) and maxed out the power, crit, and accuracy on it, then had more than enough gold to set the weight to 1 for the lulz. I didn't even grab either version of Falchion or Starlight this run.

ITT: Sedgar kills Medeus in one round by throwing a pair of shoes at him. I'm guessing 1 weight = around 1 lb, which is about the weight of a shoe, so yes, 2 attacks = a pair of shoes.

Wat!? Is possible kill Medeus with a foeged Hand Axe? XD

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Can ANYONE explain to me what the latest roy-comic from awkward zombie is about...?

Also, I spend the last 2 days grieving over iwata... I just can't imagine nintendo without him...

D

Deleted member

Im' honestly getting really tired of Roy's butt monkey status in Akward Zombie's comics.
Actually you know what, if i had to be honest with you, i always disliked AK sense of humor, it always seemed poor taste, boring, mediocre and mean-spirited to me, almost none of them make laugh or even smile, and i always prefered Bitf when it comes to webcomics since they seemed more in-character, al least to me personally.

But that's just my opinion.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Im' honestly getting really tired of Roy's butt monkey status in Akward Zombie's comics.
Actually you know what, if i had to be honest with you, i always disliked AK sense of humor, it always seemed poor taste, boring, mediocre and mean-spirited to me, almost none of them make laugh or even smile, and i always prefered Bitf when it comes to webcomics since they seemed more in-character, al least to me personally.

Sadly Bitf ended...
And I have to disagree. I DO enjoy Awkward Zombie from time to time, like the comic about "normal people" vs "abominations" in Smash. And I simply adore the style palutena is drawn...

Can ANYONE explain to me what the latest roy-comic from awkward zombie is about...?

Also, I spend the last 2 days grieving over iwata... I just can't imagine nintendo without him...
That page as a whole was just "wtf." It's probably using how Pit looked similar to Roy in some jokes and how there were a few people who told me to just play Pit to get over Roy in 2014. Eugh.

I've expressed my irritations with the comics earlier in the thread and how I don't enjoy them, but never could quite put my finger on it. You hit the nail on the head. I also largely prefer Bitf, I only hope it receives a worthy successor for modern Smash.

It seems Katie has invented her own personalities for the characters. It isn't inherently bad to do so in my eyes, but it's grating when the personalities are unlikeable with much less going for them than the original characters, and when these portrayals along with very "meh" humor get blended into the characters themselves by many fans.

I can't go one Katie comic in the Roy Legacy thread or Social without seeing it posted. It's even worse when it completely overshadows other posts.

I may deliver my thoughts on Iwata in my own write-up later.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Meh, I think Awkward Zombie is okay and I gotta admit some of their stuff does make me laugh but their other comics are kinda mean-spirited and I don't like how they portray certain characters. For example, they make Marth out to be this bad guy always insulting everyone and being generally a grump when he's not like that at all. And Roy being the butt of the jokes is getting quite old now too.

D

Deleted member

That page as a whole was just "wtf." It's probably using how Pit looked similar to Roy in some jokes and how there were a few people who told me to just play Pit to get over Roy in 2014. Eugh.

I've expressed my irritations with the comics earlier in the thread and how I don't enjoy them, but never could quite put my finger on it. You hit the nail on the head. I also largely prefer Bitf, I only hope it receives a worthy successor for modern Smash.

It seems Katie has invented her own personalities for the characters. It isn't inherently bad to do so in my eyes, but it's grating when the personalities are unlikeable with much less going for them than the original characters, and when these portrayals along with very "meh" humor get blended into the characters themselves by many fans.

I can't go one Katie comic in the Roy Legacy thread or Social without seeing it posted. It's even worse when it completely overshadows other posts.

I may deliver my thoughts on Iwata in my own write-up later.
It's good to see that i'm not the only one with this opinion, i also want to see someone who's a worthy succesor of Matthew and his Bitf comics(tough i do admit that there have been some things that i didn't like about Bitf like the characterization of Snake for instance).

Sadly Bitf ended...
And I have to disagree. I DO enjoy Awkward Zombie from time to time, like the comic about "normal people" vs "abominations" in Smash. And I simply adore the style palutena is drawn...
That's fine, if you like Awkward Zombie the more power to you.

Meh, I think Awkward Zombie is okay and I gotta admit some of their stuff does make me laugh but their other comics are kinda mean-spirited and I don't like how they portray certain characters. For example, they make Marth out to be this bad guy always insulting everyone and being generally a grump when he's not like that at all. And Roy being the butt of the jokes is getting quite old now too.
The portrayal of certain characters is one of the main issues with those comics (the fact that we're talking about Roy doesn't help at all) also that's a cute avatar.

I also want to say that don't expect me to pop up in these Roy threads anytime soon because:
-1.Whenever a character i want is confirmed i tend to go to support the other characters who haven't been confirmed yet.

-2.Im planning to lend a hand to the Balloon Fighter support thread with movesets ideas and other fancy stuff.

OH and also remember that Roy's our Boy:4feroy:.KTHXBAI

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

So many games on my backlog, so little time. I'm only on chapter 10... How long does it usually take you to finish a chapter? I find myself spending most of my time pre-battle more than anything lol.

I forged Marth's rapier and named it "Toothpick". I also named Merric's Blizzard "I.C.Wiener" (I'm SO mature lmao). Also, Merric kept OHKOing bosses because I'm always forgetting I raised the crit % on Excalibur. I wanted him to bring down the HP very low so that certain units I wanted to level up could land the finishing blow, but he kept critting them. DAMN YOU MERRIC!!

Jk, jk, I could never hate a cute guy like him. I wish you could get married in this game, cuz I'd totally marry Wrys. Screw Caeda! :troll:

[collapse=#NeverForget]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, some of the stuff was good at the beginning but now it's just eh. I can't pinpoint why I don't find some of the jokes amusing anymore, though. I might have just looked at the good ones first and everything else seemed mediocre. But I can't appreciate AZ's comics anymore. Maybe I'll check out Bitf like a few of you were saying. I haven't been in this community for too long sorry D:

So many games on my backlog, so little time. I'm only on chapter 10... How long does it usually take you to finish a chapter? I find myself spending most of my time pre-battle more than anything lol.

I forged Marth's rapier and named it "Toothpick". I also named Merric's Blizzard "I.C.Wiener" (I'm SO mature lmao). Also, Merric kept OHKOing bosses because I'm always forgetting I raised the crit % on Excalibur. I wanted him to bring down the HP very low so that certain units I wanted to level up could land the finishing blow, but he kept critting them. DAMN YOU MERRIC!!

Jk, jk, I could never hate a cute guy like him. I wish you could get married in this game, cuz I'd totally marry Wrys. Screw Caeda! :troll:

[collapse=#NeverForget]
[/collapse]
I only used Marth/Sedgar/Wolf/Boah so the game just took a few hours total.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
woah sounds like my FE5 play through. I have like 4 chapters left in FE5 now all I need is motivation

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I only used Marth/Sedgar/Wolf/Boah so the game just took a few hours total.
A few hours in total!? It takes me like an hour per chapter. :laugh: I want to use everyone and grind a bit so they could all be at higher levels. Except grinding is hard in this game. Er, well, I guess grinding is harder in all games not named "Awakening" (thank you DLC abuse).

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
A few hours in total!? It takes me like an hour per chapter. :laugh: I want to use everyone and grind a bit so they could all be at higher levels.
boy you would never finish FE12 then
77 total characters in fact, cause they shoved in the cast axed from FE1, the dorks introduced in FE11, akaneia saga characters (aka BS fire emblem <.<) and a few others they decided to make for good measure

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
boy you would never finish FE12 then
77 total characters in fact, cause they shoved in the cast axed from FE1, the dorks introduced in FE11, akaneia saga characters (aka BS fire emblem <.<) and a few others they decided to make for good measure
I have like this FE OCD where I want to level up a ton of units to a high level, forge certain things, give everyone strong weapons, and whatnot.

Don't worry. When I said "everyone" I was exaggerating, but still. There's a lot of units that I would like to "complete". It's a good thing there's no supports in this game or else I would be spending time A ranking everyone lol.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I have like this FE OCD where I want to level up a ton of units to a high level, forge certain things, give everyone strong weapons, and whatnot.

Don't worry. When I said "everyone" I was exaggerating, but still. There's a lot of units that I would like to "complete". It's a good thing there's no supports in this game or else I would be spending time A ranking everyone lol.
there are conversations with the player unit
not true supports, but it's pretty close

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
there are conversations with the player unit
not true supports, but it's pretty close
Yee, but I don't think I'm going to bother with them... or maybe I will. Though no bonuses is like ehh.

I gotta admit though, Roger was kinda cute. There should have been a legit love triangle with Marth, Caeda and Roger. Give me some conflict and drama, dammit! Soap Opera Emblem were we come~ I'm joking

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Yee, but I don't think I'm going to bother with them... or maybe I will. Though no bonuses is like ehh.

I gotta admit though, Roger was kinda cute. There should have been a legit love triangle with Marth, Caeda and Roger. Give me some conflict and drama, dammit! Soap Opera Emblem were we come~ I'm joking
recommendation:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Chronobound? You mean @ChronoBound ? Yeah, I saw his Smash 3DS review before, it was long but detailed.

Maybe someday I'll try out Genealogy... I just gotta finish Shadow Dragon, then move onto PoR first.

I remember looking at appearance options for Avatars, and finding this one:

:awesome:

Also, YES! I love Sarah Mclachlan.

I don't even know if it's you making those weird ass miis now or your sister lmaoo

Also yes Sarah is a goddess

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I've actually never played with roy against a greninja... time to change that.
Same here I be in that thread in a bit.
http://smashboards.com/threads/mast...hi-roy-7-13-7-20.369356/page-23#post-19641457

This week on the Greninja boards, we'll be taking a look at 4 matchups, including Roy's. If you would like to join us in discussion, feel free to do so.
Time to do research.

Also @ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 are open for games tonight or tomorrow for Roy dittos or you got work?

Troykv

Smash Master
Now I'm replaying Radiant Dawn... God, I only can be stopped for my sister's crying xD

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Now I'm replaying Radiant Dawn... God, I only can be stopped for my sister's crying xD
Hehe, I have a niece that will constantly cry while I was playing video games. She's about to leave though so in a few minutes I'm joining the Radiant Dawn replay club.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Roy players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Roy and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

I would join the RD train if I wasn't letting someone in Puerto Rico borrow my disc.

I need to clear some Virtual Console titles I've had for a while, though.

edit: woooo my 776th message!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom