• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
While I think it's possible, I'm very doubtful. More so than I was with the 35 char roster. I personally doubt anything will happen. If it does, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Roy and Mewtwo are in the game as alternate costumes for Marth and Lucario. If it is true and Roy/Mewtwo are in the American version than cool, but I seriously doubt it personally.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Ah, sounds good. I just hope that their FS's aren't copies of Marth's and Lucario's. =/

Edit: Looking at the post above mine, what if Lucario and Marth are exclusive to Japan, but Mewtwo and Roy are exclusive to the U.S. version? I guess if the two that are missing will end up being DLC, it's okay, but… Just throwing that out there.
Heh, I expect the same. Mewtwo could have a very powerful Psychic attack (Psycho Boost?), while Roy can get a flame-ranged based attack like his FE6 attacks.

And... I don't think that Roy or Mewtwo will replace anybody, it is impossible... or what? Do you want Brawl to be delayed again and have to make them appear in Lucario and Mewtwo's scenario in the Subspace Emissary?

Speaking of that... they could appear in the SSE the same way Wolf, Jigs and Toon Link (I think) since those three are not doing anything cannon in the SSE, right?

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Given that we have 3 landmasters, 2 pk starstorms, 2 triforce slashes, and ganondorfs and captain falcons are similar in nature, if they are indeed in the game, we will see a marth final smash with flames for roy, and a differently colored beam for mewtwo.

Do you think they'd actually make a unique final smash for them when so many are already duplicated?

Black/Light

Smash Master
This sort of topic happens, then people complain that Sakurai overhyped the game.

Well if they are in, I will be surprised, but not unhappy.

I am surprised that there are so many people wanting them back. It certainly is not for the characters themselves, as Mewtwo and Roy were proclaimed low tier.

Just face it, you are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Now, I might be more enthusiastic about this if it were a new character of the forbidden seven, but as it stands, I am not overly thrilled about this. (Tetra and Zelda interest me, but they were scrapped, so meh)
Actually, I think you have it backwards. The characters, themselves, have their own fanbases with or without smash teirs.

A character like Sheik is only important to smash fans BECAUSE she was top teir. LoZ fans are not deeply attached to her in anyway seeing as she played a minor role in one LoZ game.

Mew2 is still one of te most iconic and popular pokemon of the series. . . people wanted him back because of that and the fact that he housed a truely unique move-set. They also want him buffed as to not having him be low teir again.

I personally am hoping for the best but not expecting much. I will go see if the Neo 3 have commented on this. (Im guessing they haven't or someone would have cited them)

Edit: nope, no news. . . they are all just looking at this kind of stuff http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee143/wavedash1/1203385868259.jpg
(Im not going to act like Im not interested in seeing it. . . .)

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Very true. I think people seem to forget that the characters themselves are very important to this series. Mewtwo is a popular Nintendo character. Many people were disappointed by his misrepresentation in Melee and wanted him to be given a second chance in Brawl.

Personally, I choose my main character(s) based on who I like in terms of character and/or design. I can't use high-tier characters like Fox and Sheik in Melee, because it just doesn't feel right playing as someone who I don't really like all that much.

[As a side-note, I actually dislike the way Sheik hogs half of Zelda's square on the character selection screen.]

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
I know that some people like characters for characters, but no one here actually plays as these two, I bet.

I think the real reason everyone is clinging onto Mewtwo and Roy is as a definitive case. If mewtwo and Roy swing in, so can say... Plusle and Minun.

But how many people think that Plusle and Minun will be DC? It is just too unlikely.

I think if they do get in, it will just make the character screen look ugly, and add a new enemy to fight in Classic and All star.

If those two were in from the start, it would be "Holy crap! LUCARIO COPIED MEWTWO!" (we got some of that anyway) Or it would be "OMG I thought he said NO more clone Characters. This game was delayed for XX months, and he still made Roy a clone?!" (got this with Ganondorf.)

Really, I think it is just a lust for more content, no matter what the content is.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I know that some people like characters for characters, but no one here actually plays as these two, I bet.

I think the real reason everyone is clinging onto Mewtwo and Roy is as a definitive case. If mewtwo and Roy swing in, so can say... Plusle and Minun.

But how many people think that Plusle and Minun will be DC? It is just too unlikely.

I think if they do get in, it will just make the character screen look ugly, and add a new enemy to fight in Classic and All star.

If those two were in from the start, it would be "Holy crap! LUCARIO COPIED MEWTWO!" (we got some of that anyway) Or it would be "OMG I thought he said NO more clone Characters. This game was delayed for XX months, and he still made Roy a clone?!" (got this with Ganondorf.)

Really, I think it is just a lust for more content, no matter what the content is.
A Roy-user says hello to you, pika-power.

And I can tell you that most of people play as Roy (by most of people, I mean: Casual SSBM players) than with Mewtwo.

Edit: However, Mewtwo got his fanbase, and doesn't affects his chances in a negative way.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
mewtwo would have been so cool in SSE i mean really imagine him working for tabuu and back stabbing him later on or something cool like that? >_>

•Col•

Smash Champion

Uh, no... I play as Roy... He was on of my mains in Melee. I could care less about the rest of the Foribidden 7...(Well, except Mewtwo, cuz he's cool XP)

And even if they were clones, I'd LOVE that... Because at this point, I'd be extremely happy if they just made it in as alternate costumes... Yes, I'm a huge Roy fanboy. D: He's my boy!!!

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
I used Roy all the time in Melee, and my roommate loved Mewtwo. In fact, we play most of our Melee games with those two right now as they weren't going to be in Brawl, and still are not confirmed to be.

And I know A LOT of people were complaining about Mewtwo being left out of the Brawl. So I'm not sure where you got the no one uses him argument from.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I main Roy and Captain Falcon. Roy is quite popular with casual smashers, actually.

And popularity has nothing to do with character choices. If popularity had been an issue, characters (more or less) everybody backed for Brawl, Geno, Ridley etc. would have been PC's.

Black/Light

Smash Master

. .. .It sounds like your saying people "only" want these 2 back because "OMG! Thez forbeeddded 7 might comez!!!".:ohwell:

Regardless of Tier placement there ARE lots of Mew2 and Roy fans. Just because a character wasn't good/ used alot in melee doesn't mean a majority of people think they should be cut. If anything a majority of people want Mew2 to be back and to be buffed because they didn't like how he ended up in melee.

And than theres the fact that people simply want more characters. The roster still leaves people with a bitter feeling. . .even having 2 more characters come back would bring the general feelings about the roster up a bit.

So no, Im pretty sure people are not just using this as a scapegoat to their hopes for DLC Krystal or Geno or one of the 7.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
I can guarantee a lot more people would've played as Mewtwo if they hadn't made him such a bad fighter. That's why I think axing him based on his in-game popularity (which is possibly what they did) is stupid. They broke him, so they can fix him.

Either way, I still play as Mewtwo from time to time because of who he is, and because he's fun to use. He might not have been my "main", but he's still my third most used character according to my versus data.

To be honest I don't really care about anyone else in the "Frobidden 7". It'd be nice to have them all in, because y'know, the more the merrier. But Mewtwo completes the line-up for me. His exclusion is my only real problem with it.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Uhh I main roy too, well 3rd down, my deal is will be anounced on the dojo? a day or to prior to USA's release

Sin14

Smash Cadet
even if they aren't their own characters it would be cool for them to be alt costumes because it would still feel like your playing them instead of the real character (this goes for all the forbidden 7 not just mewtwo and roy)

Serph

Smash Journeyman
I really hate alternate outfit characters. It's one of the things I hated about SSX3. They cut some characters from the line-up and instead made them into "costumes". Ugh. I think that's really tacky and horrible.

I wouldn't mind it for Dr. Mario (as long as it also changed his fireball to a pill), but the others...no.

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I HATED Brawl. My two mains my ONLY two mains in melee: mewtwo then Roy. I was shcoked when mewtwo was cut. Roy, sort of understandable but Mewtwo. I wanted to kill Sakurai. I tried other characters but to no avail. Now Sakurai's got a chance to save this game from the wrath of A LOT and i DO mean alot, of people. DO IT SAKURAI DO IT FOR THE FUTURE OF SSB!!

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
Alright, don't flame me for this, but I think I know why this could be true.
For one thing, adding Mewtwo to the lineup would NOT give Pokemon more reps than Mario, or in Sakurai's eyes at least. Icon-wise, it would, but look at the clues, people. Sakurai never expected to make a sequel to his low-budget N64 game called "Super Smash Bros." Heck, it wasn't even supposed to leave Japan. That's why he gave Mario and Yoshi different icons, even though they were technically from the same game. In Melee, there would be no reason to drop Yoshi's egg and give him a mushroom, so they kept the egg. In Brawl, Wario was added and given the Wario "W", even though he is primarily still a Mario character. The way I see it, in Brawl, Sakurai thinks he put in six Mario reps: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, and Wario (Donkey and Diddy don't apply, as they actually have their own series of games, while Yoshi hasn't had a game to himself since Yoshi's Story; Wario might be a bit of a stretch, though). If Mewtwo was added to the lineup, it wouldn't make a difference because Pokemon would have 5 reps, Zelda would have 5 (with Sheik, 4 without), and Mario would have 6. Roy would just be icing on the cake for FE fans. Besides, Roy was more popular to the casual player, the players that don't post on forums like these. For all we know, the people who like playing as Roy might be bigger than those playing Marth or Samus. Taking out characters just disappoints people, anyway.
Just a hypothesis.

EB08

spindash

Smash Ace
@ EarthBound08

Well, I won't flame you, but I'll definitely correct you on a couple of things. :p

Yoshi has defined himself as his own seperate series. More or less? He's a franchise on his own that stemmed from the success of Mario. He's a Yoshi rep, but by the same token he has the history that can always bring him back to the man in blue overalls and red cap. He has also been in many more games of his own beyond Yoshi's Story. Yoshi's Island DS, Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island, Yoshi Topsy Turvy, Yoshi Touch & Go, and knowing my luck I missed one or two. But he's had his fair run of his own games beyond the cute 64 title.

Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong don't apply because they have their own multiple amounts of games in their own series, correct. And Wario has not only established himself as the greedy anti-heroic counterpart to Mario in that series, but a very recognizable face in the WarioWare series, which is very popular and also establishes his own rightful ground as a stand-alone franchise.

And Roy definitely was very popular in the casual scene. The number of characters represented of a franchise though, does not dictact what is true or what is false in the end.

Darthkirby707

Smash Cadet
I doubt this, but I would LOVE if it were true. Half for Mewtwo, half for DLC.

This would explain why we were delayed a month while Japan was delayed a week... however that could have been translation or things like that.

DLC would be awesome- this would provide potential chances for characters, however, Ridley and Isaac are already a SSE boss/AT, so they wouldn't be characters.

Also, I can beat Lucario to a bloody pulp with Mewtwo for making me doubt that Mewtwo would return.... hehe....

Roy, eh I don't care. I like Marth more anyway, but hey, the more characters, the better.

Machete

Smash Ace
StarFox has 3 characters, DK and FE have 2 and Metroid has 1.

So, Mewtwo being the 5th pokémon character wouldn't be a problem. Other series are overrepresented, others are underrepresented.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
EB08: From the way I see it, Yoshi represents his own game, just as wario represents his own warioware games and as Donkey Kong represents his series, although Yoshi does have his attacks from the mario games, especially the final smash.

Wario, although he represents his own games, also represents the Mario world, since he was given a Mario series outfit. His symbol may be of the Warioware games, and same as his warioware moveset, he still represents the Mario series.

Therefore, Mario has 5 reps, not 6 (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario), then Yoshi has his own games rep (Yoshi's Island), Wario has his own as well (warioware) and Donkey Kong has 2 reps (DK and Diddy).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Personally, I HATED Brawl. My two mains my ONLY two mains in melee: mewtwo then Roy. I was shcoked when mewtwo was cut. Roy, sort of understandable but Mewtwo. I wanted to kill Sakurai. I tried other characters but to no avail. Now Sakurai's got a chance to save this game from the wrath of A LOT and i DO mean alot, of people. DO IT SAKURAI DO IT FOR THE FUTURE OF SSB!!
You...you hate brawl? Diddy kong is in it.. you cant hate Brawl!

Guards! Guards! Take this heathen away!!

Edit: EB08, YOshi and Wario are part of their own, clearly their own, series.

Did you ever play Yoshi Story, or any WarioWare game?

And how darest you ALMOST call Donkey Kong and Diddy Mario series characters, you didnt, but you almost did. You almost did...

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
You...you hate brawl? Diddy kong is in it.. you cant hate Brawl!

Guards! Guards! Take this heathen away!!

Edit: EB08, YOshi and Wario are part of their own, clearly their own, series.

Did you ever play Yoshi Story, or any WarioWare game?

And how darest you ALMOST call Donkey Kong and Diddy Mario series characters, you didnt, but you almost did. You almost did...
RESTRAIN YOURSELF...

I wanna hit him first!

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I'm a rumor weed
(he's a rumor weed)
I'm a rumor weed
(he's a rumor weed)
A tiny little story is all i need to make a big mess
(he's a rumor weed)

(So what is a rumor)
Starts as a story
maybe it's true, maybe not
but once you repeat it
it's hard to defeat it
now look at the mess that you've got

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
I'm a rumor weed
(he's a rumor weed)
I'm a rumor weed
(he's a rumor weed)
(he's a rumor weed)

(So what is a rumor)
Starts as a story
but once you repeat it
it's hard to defeat it
OK...?
@all my responders: True, Yoshi has established his own series. Wario, not so much.
And I didn't come close to calling DK and Diddy Mario reps. Mario and DK originated in the same game, so that's why he was mentioned.

EB08

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
RESTRAIN YOURSELF...

I wanna hit him first!
Not trying to start a flame war here, but STFU man, I'm allowed my opinion on Brawl. If not for Rules on this board I'd have a lot more to say about Sakurai and his ideas on the Axe. I'd beat Sakurai if
A)I was given the chance
B)This rumor turned out to be fake

I just can't stand him. ESPECIALLY with no SSB4 most likely, this will be most characters FINAL chance for "the big one" and Mewtwo deserves more than a TROPHY! He's nt even an AT or pokeball! Roy I don't think is even a trophy!

Yo'ster

Smash Rookie
If this turns out, it'll be the biggest surprise yet. Not because the characters are going to be in Brawl, but rather because Nintendo is making use of its download service and is adding content to the game. The Wii has been out for a year and a half, and this will be the first download of its kind. It signifies that Nintendo is willing to step its online program further.

Yo'ster

Smash Rookie
If this turns out, it will be the biggest surprise yet. Not because those characters will be included in the roster, but rather because Nintendo is willing to make use of their download system. The Wii has been out for a year and a half, and to date there has been no such download of this kind (an update to a game). It signifies that Nintendo is willing to take their online service one step further.

antimatter

Smash Lord
I'm a rumor weed
(he's a rumor weed)
I'm a rumor weed
(he's a rumor weed)
(he's a rumor weed)

(So what is a rumor)
Starts as a story
but once you repeat it
it's hard to defeat it
lol, Veggie Tales, Sinister?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
If this turns out, it'll be the biggest surprise yet. Not because the characters are going to be in Brawl, but rather because Nintendo is making use of its download service and is adding content to the game. The Wii has been out for a year and a half, and this will be the first download of its kind. It signifies that Nintendo is willing to step its online program further.
Actually, mario Kart wii is already going to do it.
They're going to offer downloadable challenges over the mario kart channel.

Mario161

Smash Cadet
If this is true it means that nintendo might start supporting DLC in it's later games!! That would be great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom