• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait to show this to my friend, have it not be true, and have his hopes dashed on the rocks.

But I do kinda want Roy in because said friend mains Roy, I main Marth, and our friend will probably main Ike because he's a naive mainer.
Put the jigsaw pieces together.

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
I think this is a 60/40 chance of happening. Think, why would nintendo leave unfinished data in a agme? If it WERE reference data from melee then pichu would be there too. Besides, putting in more characters and not putting them in for no reason? It all adds up to DLC. They Said at elast 40 chars and the 35 plus Mewtwo, Roy, then later on maybe tonnzelda/sheik, Dixie, Plusle/minun, Dr Mario. That makes 41 or 40 if one was REALLY scrapped. Makes sense right?

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
It looks like it's not happening. IGN has an interview with Sakurai where he disconfirms it. It was just put up.

EatChildren

Smash Cadet
I think this is a 60/40 chance of happening. Think, why would nintendo leave unfinished data in a agme? If it WERE reference data from melee then pichu would be there too. Besides, putting in more characters and not putting them in for no reason? It all adds up to DLC. They Said at elast 40 chars and the 35 plus Mewtwo, Roy, then later on maybe tonnzelda/sheik, Dixie, Plusle/minun, Dr Mario. That makes 41 or 40 if one was REALLY scrapped. Makes sense right?
Developers frequently leave old pre-release scrapped content in games. Its far from a massive secret or a special discovery. Seriously. Developers do it all the time, most likely to cut development time and make sure they meet deadlines.

Find me a quote where Nintendo / Sakurai said "At least 40 characters". I don't think it ever happened.

Seriously guys, nobody get excited over the raw fact content was left in the game. Developers do it all the time. Just look over at the stuff Action Replays and rips have managed to unlock in Melee, Smash64, Zelda, Goldeneye, Half-Life, etc. Lots and lots of unused content with reference files, some more complete than others, left in the game.

•Col•

Smash Champion
IGN: We have to ask because there are so many rumors about this. Are there any hidden characters to come? Can you unlock more hidden fighters by way of WiiConnect24 or will you offer new downloadable content -- new fighters, for example. -- using the service?

Masahiro Sakurai: No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.
........ :urg:

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
So, if they had Mewtwo , Roy, and the other 7, that would be the exact amount for another row of characters on the final roster. I can hope...

Chepe

Smash Lord
I want to hear Tfox's response to this lol. But you know, Mewtwo and Roy are supposed to be fully coded into the NA/PAL release (or did people forget that part?), and only DLC in Japan. That could be done outside WiiConnect24 right? Using SD cards like people say?

EatChildren

Smash Cadet
Masahiro Sakurai: No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion.
He bluntly says there are no character to be unlocked through the WiiConnect24 service or through a similar system. Zero. Zilch. Nadda.

Don't try and put a spin on it. He's denied it existing at this point in time, meaning the "Forbidden 7" data is nothing more than left over unused content with no intended use what-so-ever.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Problem is, if this were true they WOULD be on the disc. Japan would be screwed, but then again I don't expect US/Europe to be able to play with Japan anyway.

Either way, it's not looking good for this rumor.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
last sentence

"I don't THINK its going to happen"

which means it can, Since things change. Let the thread continue.
Oh lawdy. People, its over. No DLC. If Japan cant get it via DLC, we wont get something Japan cant get.

Sakurai bluntly says no DLC. Thread over.

Need I remind you of the "OMG He said Sakurai hadnt asked him yet, maybe megaman could be in!!" thing. THis is just like that.

it's over.

Enough.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Well, just because characters aren't availiable for download doesnt mean Mewtwo and Roy can't be in the American edition. I mean.. it's possible they could realease a patch or something for Japanese games?

*sigh* i was really hoping for Roy to come back.. only two fire emblem reps saddens me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Problem is, if this were true they WOULD be on the disc. Japan would be screwed, but then again I don't expect US/Europe to be able to play with Japan anyway.

Either way, it's not looking good for this rumor.
We definitely can play with Japan...

Ever play MKDS, or Mario Strikers? Different games, same wifi.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
There are still people trying to back up this rumor? Sorry, but no. This is not an "Up until now." Unless Sakurai is lying to us, there will be no downloadable characters, and likely no downloadable content of other sorts.

"There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion." - Masahiro Sakurai

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ugh, I am going to contact Tfox and tell him about this news. To think Mewtwo & Roy were so close to being in the final game. =(

http://wii.ign.com/articles/853/853748p2.html

Sakurai says there will be no download content according to an interview.

IGN: We have to ask because there are so many rumors about this. Are there any hidden characters to come? Can you unlock more hidden fighters by way of WiiConnect24 or will you offer new downloadable content -- new fighters, for example. -- using the service?

Masahiro Sakurai: No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.

Tfox did you purposely lie to me?

spindash

Smash Ace
@ ChronoBound

If anything, it may have very well been his source that was lying to him instead of him feeding the lies to us of his own accord/amusement.

In anycase, I am still pissed right off that we were lead on for a while here, from a supposedly very 'legit' source.

Well, disappointed in that little department, but that won't stop me from enjoying this game. It shall be an incredible video game. All I want to know now is why did tFox's source lie when they have been very truthful in the past? That's all I want is an honest answer to this horrid lie.

EatChildren

Smash Cadet
I just want ot know why some people are happy about this?
It's not about being "happy" its about the speculation being over. Many of us had our doubts, or were even sure this was untrue, but there was nowhere near enough evidence to suggest it was.

Threads like this go the same way; Hype Train. Its like a domino effect. Everyone works each other up over a non-existent promise based on non-existent facts.

Now its finally over and the speculation can end. Debates over its existence can end. People can stop hoping for something and then getting disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Would I have liked Mewtwo and Roy? Doesn't bother me, but I would have loved a future of downloadable content.

Am I happy its not in? Not really, but I'm not not happy its not in because I never expected it to be.

People can now stop speculating over what was ultimately a lie and get back to loving what we already have.

SomeRandomGuy

Smash Journeyman
It's not about being "happy" its about the speculation being over. Many of us had our doubts, or were even sure this was untrue, but there was nowhere near enough evidence to suggest it was.

Threads like this go the same way; Hype Train. Its like a domino effect. Everyone works each other up over a non-existent promise based on non-existent facts.

Now its finally over and the speculation can end. Debates over its existence can end. People can stop hoping for something and then getting disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Would I have liked Mewtwo and Roy? Doesn't bother me, but I would have loved a future of downloadable content.

Am I happy its not in? Not really, but I'm not not happy its not in because I never expected it to be.

People can now stop speculating over what was ultimately a lie and get back to loving what we already have.
No actually half the threads i went to arel ike yes no DLC.

timidshadow

Smash Apprentice
I hope this rumor isn't true, I mean Mewtwo is raw and all but I just love Lucario way to much to give him up for the other.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There are two possibilities. Either Tfox lied, or he himself was lied to causing him to pass along false information.

Either way this thread's purpose is now null in void.
He seemed to be truthful in all his conversations I had with him, and he was consistent with all the people he talked to. I sent him a PM to ask what the case is, if he doesn't respond within 24 hours, then I know he was lying to me.

I am sorry about this everyone. I am now seriously considering leaving SmashBoards now that there is nothing left for me to speculate about. :(

My purpose has been fulfilled, and I am now obsolete.

spindash

Smash Ace
He seemed to be truthful in all his conversations I had with him, and he was consistent with all the people he talked to. I sent him a PM to ask what the case is, if he doesn't respond within 24 hours, then I know he was lying to me.

I am sorry about this everyone. I am now seriously considering leaving SmashBoards now that there is nothing left for me to speculate about. :(

My purpose has been fulfilled, and I am now obsolete.
Heyheyhey, don't go playing the "I'm nothing" flute just yet, pal. This may not have been truthful, but that doesn't signify that you should leave. The fact that you bring about some information in the first place, not to mention your nice demeanor? It would be missed about the boards, if I say so myself.

If you did all of that for us and now consider yourself obsolete, then I must be in the pits of the sewers for my worth on these boards. XD!

This community will come around when all the speculation ends and we are left with little to no complaints. It'll look good again.

In short? Don't go. :p You = Not Obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom