• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

spindash

Smash Ace
Lie. End thread.
I adore how you say one word and it signals the end of a debate. Really. :\

tFox is no liar, his sources are if they happen to be lying. However, these same people have also been known for providing inside information in regards to the Advance War series before any other official source, which is Intelligent Systems, WHICH is Fire Emblem; the series that Roy himself stems from.

Take it with a grain of salt all that you want to, but if all you're going to say is something like, "Lie. End thread." in something as debatable as this, you're merely spamming. Disagree with this all you want, opinions are a wonderful thing; but provide more to the conversation if I can be helped.

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
V.V

Okay, I misjudged the fanbase.

But where would they go on the Roster?

The logical thing I can think of is that they would add a couple more characters too, and put the row down the side.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
if its real, he will poop his pants. if its fake, he will forget to poop, and poop his pants anyway. mewtwo was my boy

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
this sounds too good to be true so i wont get my hopes up. if im playing and all of a sudden i get a challenger approaching from mewtwo i'll kiss my b@lls

Sin14

Smash Cadet
i was watching a video on youtube and i saw the full character selection (for the 3 millionith time) and noticed there is plenty space for two more vertical lines, one on each side of the characters already there.

Juicy

Smash Apprentice
i was watching a video on youtube and i saw the full character selection (for the 3 millionith time) and noticed there is plenty space for two more vertical lines on either side of the characters already there.
i think that was in wide screen, but im not 100% sure so dont take that as truth

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm a rumor weed
(he's a rumor weed)
I'm a rumor weed
(he's a rumor weed)
A tiny little story is all i need to make a big mess
(he's a rumor weed)

(So what is a rumor)
Starts as a story
maybe it's true, maybe not
but once you repeat it
it's hard to defeat it
now look at the mess that you've got
Thanks a lot, I spent the five years away from my dad's crazy church forgetting the Veggietales they subjected us too, and you made me remember it all.

Wow, the widescreen has SO much more room.

Bensei

Smash Cadet
I already showed that on previous pages, but 4:3 has the same space because the icons get smaller. And there isn't space for 2 rows, only for one, try taking a screenshot and putting all the icons to the left.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I thought of an idea for room on the playable select screen. But I need you guys to agree or find another way.

It could be that they can put Mewtwo in the same space as Lucario. No harm or foul. Its like what they did with Sheik and Zelda sharing one space. So yeah, it may look weird but it could be possible. On the other hand, Mewtwo can just be the alternate "costume" in Lucario's spot. After all, Lucario has one open spot since every character in the the pokemon column has one/two less color alternatives than the rest of the cast. Or it makes more sense to give Mewtwo three/four color swaps as well since the other pokemon franchise playables are missing one/two. That data would be given instead for Mewtwo's color swaps since Sakurai loves color swaps so much over alternate costumes.

Roy on the other hand would share a spot with Marth. After all, Wario and Overalls Wario share one spot. I can see it happening. Or he can be selected via like Zero Suit Samus by pressing down a button. Choose Marth and when the match starts, press the button to play as Roy. Zero Suit Samus isn't seen in the playable menu screen so why bother with those visuals for Mewtwo and Roy too. As long as they are in the game and are playable we don't need to see their faces on the main roster screen.

*Here's a visual of what I'm talking about:

Pikachu
PK Trainer
Lucario/Mewtwo
Jigglypuff

Marth/Roy
Ike
Ness
Lucas

Mr. G&W
Snake
Sonic
?Random?

It be great to get some comments from you guys regarding this. Thanks!!

MrTwoVideoCards

Smash Rookie
There can't be no extra, characters within the game, one is that it would be unfair, two is that it would be much more to develop and test, and thats too much within a single month of time. Also aside that, coding, bug lists, vdc's, quite alot has to be done. I'd say nothing different, besides if it did happen, I'd fly to japan , or GDC, and kill Sakurai. Mewtwo was okay, but Lucario is alot better.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Actually, I thought of an idea for room on the playable select screen. But I need you guys to agree or find another way.

It could be that they can put Mewtwo in the same space as Lucario. No harm or foul. Its like what they did with Sheik and Zelda sharing one space. So yeah, it may look weird but it could be possible. On the other hand, Mewtwo can just be the alternate "costume" in Lucario's spot. After all, Lucario has one open spot since every character in the the pokemon column has one/two less color alternatives than the rest of the cast. Or it makes more sense to give Mewtwo three/four color swaps as well since the other pokemon franchise playables are missing one/two. That data would be given instead for Mewtwo's color swaps since Sakurai loves color swaps so much over alternate costumes.

Roy on the other hand would share a spot with Marth. After all, Wario and Overalls Wario share one spot. I can see it happening. Or he can be selected via like Zero Suit Samus by pressing down a button. Choose Marth and when the match starts, press the button to play as Roy. Zero Suit Samus isn't seen in the playable menu screen so why bother with those visuals for Mewtwo and Roy too. As long as they are in the game and are playable we don't need to see their faces on the main roster screen.

*Here's a visual of what I'm talking about:

Pikachu
PK Trainer
Lucario/Mewtwo
Jigglypuff

Marth/Roy
Ike
Ness
Lucas

Mr. G&W
Snake
Sonic
?Random?

It be great to get some comments from you guys regarding this. Thanks!!

No. I'd hate this. It's just stupid. Samus is the same person as Zamus so they can spare one slot. Same with Shelda (Zelda/Sheik), and same with Wario.

Mewtwo and Roy aren't Lucario/Marth with just a other costume.

I think Mewtwo (and all other new ones) deserve her own icons, and it would look much better that way too.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
There can't be no extra, characters within the game, one is that it would be unfair, two is that it would be much more to develop and test, and thats too much within a single month of time. Also aside that, coding, bug lists, vdc's, quite alot has to be done. I'd say nothing different, besides if it did happen, I'd fly to japan , or GDC, and kill Sakurai. Mewtwo was okay, but Lucario is alot better.
did you even bother reading the first post?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I think that if this was true, they would be squished up, because you can assume the other characters may be released too (i.e. Dixie + Minun + Plusle etc)

Basically they would go on a fifth row, underneath their respective series'

-Toon Zelda/Sheik below Toon Link
-Dixie below Diddy and Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario pushed down, OR Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong brought below Yoshi and Wario
-Same goes for Roy as above. Below Ike pushing Mother characters down, or FE characters pushed to the bottom and Roy below them.
-Mewtwo would go below Jigglypuff or Lucario (pushing Jiggs down)
-Plusle/Minun underneath Captain Falcon, next to Mewtwo or Jiggs.

Yeah, it doesn't really work does it? :p

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I figure there would be a second page of characters for DLC (and these two in the case they are included in the US and later versions). It was done with stages, so it could happen for characters.

I also don't really care much about Roy and Mewtwo being in though... I hated both in Melee and would much rather see new faces. Yeah, I guess Mewtwo is good Pokemon representation but Roy... they could do better. If the third FE character is a "shout out to non-JP FE players" who liked the GBA games, since the Japanese didn't, why use a JP only character. Not sure where I read that, but it's not very good logic. Otherwise Eliwood would probably be in (who would be better than Roy, IMO).

tirkaro

Smash Champion
so if your in PAL region and your using mewtwo on wifi playing someone in japan how does that work out?
a DLC is basically a patch.
Oftentimes, you aren't able to play online without the latest patch. so japanese gamer's wouldn't be able to play online unless they've downloaded, or at least updated their data for, mewtwo and roy.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I think that if this was true, they would be squished up, because you can assume the other characters may be released too (i.e. Dixie + Minun + Plusle etc)

-Dixie below Diddy and Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario pushed down, OR Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong brought below Yoshi and Wario
-Same goes for Roy as above. Below Ike pushing Mother characters down, or FE characters pushed to the bottom and Roy below them.

They could add another page for downloaded characters. Just like switching between Brawl and melee stages.

Evilken

Smash Rookie
Sorry

Mmh I think that, if Roy and Mewtwo would be present into the game, there would be a scrolling of rosters, like the stages, where you can scroll from SSBB Stages to SSBM Stages and Created Stages. Maybe there would be Character SSBB Roster, character added Roster... But it's just my opinion ^^

EDIT: Sorry Igneous42, I didn't see that you got the same idea than me =)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Now I think about it, another page for DLC characters sounds a lot more like it.

However, this might be a problem in multiplayer, unless people had their own personal character select screen, which they don't.

Evilken

Smash Rookie
Mmh

Now I think about it, another page for DLC characters sounds a lot more like it.

However, this might be a problem in multiplayer, unless people had their own personal character select screen, which they don't.
About that, I think that the system could be "if the guy got the same roster than you, fight against him, else search for another one" But you are right it would be difficult... So Roy and Mewtwo and maybe the others should be playable in solo or multi on the same Wii system, but not online :s

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
About that, I think that the system could be "if the guy got the same roster than you, fight against him, else search for another one" But you are right it would be difficult... So Roy and Mewtwo and maybe the others should be playable in solo or multi on the same Wii system, but not online :s
That may be a problem...

However, as tirkaro mentioned before, Roy and Mewtwo can still appear, since DLC is basically, a patch.

Evilken

Smash Rookie
Oh i see

That may be a problem...

However, as tirkaro mentioned before, Roy and Mewtwo can still appear, since DLC is basically, a patch.
Yeah you are both right, it would be both logical and the better way to implements those characters ^^

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I don't think he meant online, since he said people don't have individual character select screens (and online they obviously do).

However, I still don't see that as much of a problem. Practically everyone has their character(s) they tend to use so it wouldn't be anything to quickly select on screen one and then the other person (or people) can go to screen two.

Not sure how it would work in competitive play.

EatChildren

Smash Cadet
I guess the best odds of finding out will be Friday, yeah? I still don't believe it simply because I don't trust Nintendo to do something that "big" with DLC. But I would love it.

Just a note; oddly enough, the three returning characters of the "Forbidden 7 ", being Dr. Mario, Roy, and Mewtwo, would fill up the final three slots under Veteran Fighters on the Smash Dojo. A clash is caused by the remaining four (being Cel Zelda / Zel Sheik), but four "more" newcomers then make up a whole new row on the Newcomer section. Rounding everything off nicely to 16 characters per section (minus unlockables).

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see Krystal on Brawl. She is the only one I think shouldn't have been left behind. Brawl needs more girls. On the other hand. It would be a pleasant surprise to see Mewtwo back. I can understand they left Dr. Mario, Pichu and Roy behind, because they were clones. But Mewtwo was an unique character!! Also, pretty different from Lucario! It doesn't make sense he is gone. Also, Mewtwo could be a way to say sorry and please the world who had to wait more than a month after de Japanese release. A fixed Mewtwo would make me very happy. Psychics rules! xD

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
Krystal is a horrible character who wasn't even created by Nintendo and is basically just your standard feminine recolor of the hero (Fox). Really lame character design. Big deal she HAD a staff, which probably wouldn't have even made it into Brawl assuming she was ever even considered as a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom