• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

spindash

Smash Ace
Maybe if Mewtwo had two trophies... that were... exactly the same...
Toon Link has a seperate trophy from his Classic and All-Star trophies. If, and there's an emphasis on IF, Mewtwo is in Brawl and he has a seperate trophy from the Classic and All-Stars, then it would merely look outdated. Much like in Melee, the Classic trophies were older renderings of the characters while Adventure Mode and All-Star Mode had the updated designs that were used in Melee's in game fighting.

I might as well shrug and put my support behind this 100%. But if it turns out to be false, hey, I won't be disappointed much anyways!

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Personally, it'd be okay just as long as no one from the existing cast that we've seen in Japan is removed. I think it'd be difficult because the character select screen would have to be altered to make room and I don't see how that's possible.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Funny that people still believe this...wait, I already tried but people are too stupid to believe in reality.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Funny that people still believe this...wait, I already tried but people are too stupid to believe in reality.
Get out of the thread, you have NOTHING to back up your BS so you really don't even deserve to be existing in this topic in the first place.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
What, with this doozy of a statement?

Oh I liked both Roy and Mewtwo. It's just that if you rip the Japanese version of the game, there is no folder to support DLC.
You thinking people would not believe the rumor based on this silliness may well be stupider than people believing this when there is no evidence.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Probably

The post has to be 10 letters long so I'm going to right what I'm saying right now. Okay I'm Done....

EDIT: Rhubarbo, do you have any evidence the disk has nothing on Downloadable Content? Cause you should not say things that have no evidence put behind them... This Rumor Has Evidence...

The Evidence:
1. The Wii DOES have enough internal memory to hold character data when a character is about 30mb and the wii's internal memory is 500mb (I'm pretty sure) and if you didn't have enough space on your internal memory you could always use an SD card
2. Mewtwo and Roy both still have some character data on the Japanese disk, and have more memory than the other forbidden 7.

And just because mewtwo has a trophy does NOT mean he cant be a dlc character

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Seriously where do u get that idea of removing lucario and marth... they didnt say anything about that....

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Probably
The Evidence:
1. The Wii DOES have enough internal memory to hold character data when a character is about 30mb and the wii's internal memory is 500mb (I'm pretty sure) and if you didn't have enough space on your internal memory you could always use an SD card
2. Mewtwo and Roy both still have some character data on the Japanese disk, and have more memory than the other forbidden 7.

And just because mewtwo has a trophy does NOT mean he cant be a dlc character
Fox, Falco, Toon Link, Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser also have multiple figures.:)

And yes, I want DLC, but I'm on the fence about its guarantee.
Other reasons I'd add to the "evidence" would probably be:

3. Sakurai said that there are more Assist Figures than there are Playable characters in his Iwata Asks interview, which was just one week before the game was released. This is only possible if more Assists are downloadable or added with a disc upgrade, etc.

Here's the exact quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The number of regular characters is impressive on its own, but the number of characters represented by the Assist Trophies is truly something."

"Yeah. I may have gone out of control. (laughs)"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Many of the playable characters have "other" trophies. Could work the same way with Mewtwo or Dixie.
Heck, even on Melee some characters had double, even triple trophies.

5. The "Secret 7" all have just as much data on Brawl as the Alloys do.

I like that term "Secret 7". I think I'll coin it.
Who honestly wouldn't like more characters, even if it seems a little far-fetched...?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
snakey said:
NyaseNya has an obsession about Peach, specifically, Peach’s buttocks. Here are some of the topics in which NyaseNya has made dedicated to Peach’s physique and even specifically her buttocks:
LOL, I'm so quoting this in my sig.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
HURR DURR I can ramble on about BS and spam the topic. Look at me, everyone is an idiot for not following what I say despite the fact I didn't say anything for them to beleive DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRR

yosouf08

Smash Rookie
yeahhh suree

Characters can't be added to Brawl via DLC, didn't we cover this already? Wii's DLC is very limited for games, and you think if this was possible it wouldn't have been advertised to hell by now?

Well its still a RUMOR! No duh.. And obviously--how many people have access to the American copy? Not a whole lot.. So we may not know until Wednesday, or until we get the american copy ourselves.. Or sometime else.. Who knows.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
What the---Toon Sheik? That would be interesting to see. Although, it would work much better to have it be Tetra instead of "Toon Sheik."

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Well, who could Roy replace? Marth or Ike, perhaps? but wait! they're on the Dojo, under EVERY LANGUAGE! Are they...just fooling us? Oh the shame.

No no, he'll replace GAME AND WATCH, yeeeah!

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo and Roy are going to replace Marth and Ike. Maybe this means Diddy will be replaced by Dixie and Pikachu by Minun and Plusle!!!!!!! and MARIO BY KNUCKLES =O It all makes sense to me now.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Well, who could Roy replace? Marth or Ike, perhaps? but wait! they're on the Dojo, under EVERY LANGUAGE! Are they...just fooling us? Oh the shame.

No no, he'll replace GAME AND WATCH, yeeeah!
Or they could, you know, just not replace anybody? Its not like the rumor makes any claim that they're replacing anyone, only that they're being added.

Seriously, where do you guys get this idea that they need to replace someone to be added to the game? How can so many people get that idea when theres nothing in the rumor that even hints at it, and its so ridiculously illogical to begin with? It makes no sense.

Zevox

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
The replacement idea doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. One person misunderstood that on one of the early pages and everyone else just ran with it.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
A quick point against the I.G.N. argument,
I.G.N. has to adhere to strict rules and embargoes about releasing information. Which means if the North American Version has content the Japanese Version doesn't, and Nintendo tells them not to say a word about it, they will lie to us in order to stay on Nintendo's good side.

This is however merely hypothetical, the only way we will know the truth, is if we get our hands on a North American Version, or Nintendo has a press release, and lets the embargo drop allowing us to get the information. However, Major Reviewers can't give us an inside scoop that Nintendo, or any company, doesn't want us to know. Keep that in mind.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, Chronobound IS a reliable source, but he DOES report a lot of rumors as well...

I hope this rumor is true...BUT, I doubt it...

Mewtwo!!! Return!!!

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
Hmm .. I don't think, that this is really possible ..
How to play online with someone, who hasn't got mewtwo or roy ??
Imagine, how stupid this is ;) ^^
Easy, they can use download play just like off the DS. I've brought this up before but due to download play my freind can play me in mario kart without having the game using full boards, items, and music. So it shouldn't be too much of a chore playing a character that you have not downloaded. download play only takes a few seconds to use anyway so download times shouldn't be that big of a deal either, not to mention once you've used it once you shouldn't have to use it again if the game registers the data of the undownloaded character.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Easy, they can use download play just like off the DS. I've brought this up before but due to download play my freind can play me in mario kart without having the game using full boards, items, and music. So it shouldn't be too much of a chore playing a character that you have not downloaded. download play only takes a few seconds to use anyway so download times shouldn't be that big of a deal either, not to mention once you've used it once you shouldn't have to use it again if the game registers the data of the undownloaded character.
Another way is that they make it a required download so that everyone has the same version. Even if they make you pay for using the new characters, you already have the data on your Wii.

.:Alex:.

Smash Cadet
It IS worth noting that Mewtwo and Roy were the only characters that were close to completion. If any characters do make it in, it'll be those two without a doubt.

I also doubt that any replacing will happen. As Zevox said, this idea is highly illogical.

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
This sort of topic happens, then people complain that Sakurai overhyped the game.

Well if they are in, I will be surprised, but not unhappy.

I am surprised that there are so many people wanting them back. It certainly is not for the characters themselves, as Mewtwo and Roy were proclaimed low tier.

Just face it, you are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Now, I might be more enthusiastic about this if it were a new character of the forbidden seven, but as it stands, I am not overly thrilled about this. (Tetra and Zelda interest me, but they were scrapped, so meh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom