• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but Mewtwo is a Coin Launcher trophy. The playable character trophies are unlocked through Classic and All-Star mode. I would think that Sakurai wouldn't have included Mewtwo as a CL trophy if he had planned to make him DLC.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Yes, but Mewtwo is a Coin Launcher trophy. The playable character trophies are unlocked through Classic and All-Star mode. I would think that Sakurai wouldn't have included Mewtwo as a CL trophy if he had planned to make him DLC.
Rumor debunked. Thread over.

schep

Smash Cadet
Hmmm.... this possibility of Nintendo toying with the idea of DLC for Brawl gives me even greater hope for the future! Hopefully the DLC will become popular and work smoothly, to encourage Nintendo to keep their options open for the possibility for future American DLC.

-Y-peace-Y-

ODIN787

Smash Journeyman
thats a very bold rumor ,but i wont get my hopes up ,ill just wait until the game comes out on the states and will see if it is really true or not . but rumors are not really a bad thing it all depends on how a person takes the rumor ,nice find man tirkaro

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
But if he didn't include him as a trophy
a. Mewtwo fans would be pissed
b. we would suspect him as a dl character
maybe he wants him to be a surprise

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So is every other character in the Nintendo universe, be it playable or non-playable characters. Having a trophy doesn't help or hurt this rumor.
Exactly. In the trophy update before PT was revealed, there was a PT trophy. PT deconfirmed.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
I hope that Brawl doesn't turn out to be as badly overhyped as that 'essay'.

There was no trophy update before PT was revealed, and the trophy update that occured afterward had no PT at all. Do some research.

Oops. My bad. Pokemon Trainer was in that update. But your point is moot, seeing as that that update was made after PT was revealed. :/

hectichobo

Smash Ace
why is it funny.... im not so sure about mewtwo as for roy though...
It wouldnt be impossible though... they announced that they are going to do this GHIII why not brawl?

Catastrophaunt

Smash Rookie
Look, guys... this game is going to be freakin' UNPREDICTABLE! If that Sakurai is as clever as he seems, he will do w/e he can to make this game just awesome - in inventive ways. Honestly, im stoked.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got to throw it in here... "But ROB can't be a playable character because you get the NES ROB trophy with a trophy stand in SSE and ROB 64 is in the coin launcher update, and the only way to get character trophies is through classic/adventure/all star! 35 character roster deconfirmed!!" And my how wrong that assumption many people(including myself) thought to hold ground...

I really hope they do something like this, as DLC would be an excellent feature, and insure the game an outstanding replay value

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Exactly. In the trophy update before PT was revealed, there was a PT trophy. PT deconfirmed.
BTW, Trophies were confirmed one month after PT.

That's not why this is by far the most ******** rumor though. How well would this look on Nintendo's behalf publically with the Japanese? Also, you'd have to realize that these characters would not be available online.

Nintendo Power has the American Version btw, I'd think that they'd report any differences.

Even if someone counters that point this thread is still horribly ********.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Sakurai Works in Mysterious ways. Remember when he said Ice Climbers would get the boot?

Well they're still here. So Sakurai really likes messing around with us :laugh:
He NEVER said that, that was a rumor that was proven false when Brawl was first announced.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
I've got to throw it in here... "But ROB can't be a playable character because you get the NES ROB trophy with a trophy stand in SSE and ROB 64 is in the coin launcher update, and the only way to get character trophies is through classic/adventure/all star! 35 character roster deconfirmed!!" And my how wrong that assumption many people(including myself) thought to hold ground...

I really hope they do something like this, as DLC would be an excellent feature, and insure the game an outstanding replay value
Counter argument:

ROB is both a PC and a subspace enemy. Mewtwo would only be a PC.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Oh I liked both Roy and Mewtwo. It's just that if you rip the Japanese version of the game, there is no folder to support DLC.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Lol, even after there is proof that the *** disc doesn't support DLC, people still believe this. If this is true, I'll make a video saying I am a douche. Thinking about that, I have to make one about Marth...

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Lol, even after there is proof that the *** disc doesn't support DLC, people still believe this. If this is true, I'll make a video saying I am a douche. Thinking about that, I have to make one about Marth...
There's NO proof whatsover that the disc doesn't support DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom