• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
There's just enough evidence for and against this supposed 'leak' I'll wait till Friday, or when the Wii Ware channel guy speaks. There's TWO speakers we're interested in right?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
But Serebii has NEVAR been wrong. If this is true, that'll be the first time. That'd be crazy.
Whilst I'm trying to be neutral, Tfox hasn't been wrong either.(The 35 roster thing doesn't count, since that was only him expressing an opinion).

Fame doesn't exactly=credibility

courte

Smash Lord
for those of us who aren't knee deep in poke-politics, the first most of us heard of serebii is when the controversy broke out, before then i'll admit i never even heard of the guy. Chronobound however i have known for quite some time, thanks to the Roy support thread. I think a nomination for most intelligent on smashboards holds some salt i.e. he wouldn't go blabbing false truth's knowing what it'd do to his rep, unlike so many of those other prophets/leakers... didn't we have like 50 or so up until the hong kong release

my bad... no idea who tfox is... what does anybody think about that ign review?? i'm so not trying to cover my embarrassment

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am typing a very long essay as to my thoughts on this subject. It will take a while to complete, so please be patient.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
as do i...but i just cannot believe that mewtwo and roy are in it...don't people already have the american version of the game and have everything unlocked?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Interesting. I wonder if these characters will actually be good this time xD

NEO and Taj will be pleased.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
It looks possible and it would be fantastic... but I have my doubts.
Every so-called 'prophet' or 'source' is reliable. I say: wait for an actual leak: eg. screenshots, or Sakurai's word.
Even so Pokemon would be over-repped.

M.K

Level 55
Hmm, ok.

Let me tell you a story about Serebii. In Pokemon Battle Revolution, there are these two codes that you can input to receive an Electivire and Magmortar respectively. Serebii posted on his website about the two fairly powerful Pokemon, but did not reveal the code AT ALL for at least 1-2 months. Later, people found out that Serebii Joe KNEW the code when he first revealed the information, but did not post it and kept it in a concentrated group of people.

Also, during the months before the American release , April 22nd 2007, everyone was speculating the American-ized names of the pokemon. Naturally, they were pretty dumb. Once it was released, people saw every name. Some others went back and looked at the speculation threads and saw that some people cleverly hid the correct names in their posts among other "wrong" names. Serebii supposedly admitted that he knew the names and YET AGAIN, only introduced them into a small population of elitists.

So, going through that, I'm not going to trust Serebii just yet.

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
Hmm, ok.

Let me tell you a story about Serebii. In Pokemon Battle Revolution, there are these two codes that you can input to receive an Electivire and Magmortar respectively. Serebii posted on his website about the two fairly powerful Pokemon, but did not reveal the code AT ALL for at least 1-2 months. Later, people found out that Serebii Joe KNEW the code when he first revealed the information, but did not post it and kept it in a concentrated group of people.

Also, during the months before the American release , April 22nd 2007, everyone was speculating the American-ized names of the pokemon. Naturally, they were pretty dumb. Once it was released, people saw every name. Some others went back and looked at the speculation threads and saw that some people cleverly hid the correct names in their posts among other "wrong" names. Serebii supposedly admitted that he knew the names and YET AGAIN, only introduced them into a small population of elitists.

So, going through that, I'm not going to trust Serebii just yet.
Who is Serebii?!

Zek

Smash Ace
I really feel bad for you guys getting your hopes up over this. You're just setting yourself up for another big fall. Is it possible that this is true? Technically, yes. Is it at all likely? NO. You guys can believe whatever you want, but don't act surprised if it turns out to be just another fake praying on your desperate hopes for a better roster.

M.K

Level 55
I really feel bad for you guys getting your hopes up over this. You're just setting yourself up for another big fall. Is it possible that this is true? Technically, yes. Is it at all likely? NO. You guys can believe whatever you want, but don't act surprised if it turns out to be just another fake praying on your desperate hopes for a better roster.
You can't tell people what they believe and can't believe. Also, it's more than unlikely due to the huge evidence:

1. Data found in the game's coding for these characters
2. IGN denied a copy of the "unfinished" Brawl for testing.
3. Source is at least somewhat reliable.

It's not like someone just came into a room and shouted "ZoMGGG DLCCCC"

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have made some amazing discoveries in my research essay about this rumor. I am not sure whether my findings will bolster the chances of this rumor being true or not, but they are outstanding to say the least. The essay unfortunately won't be complete for another several hours.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
You can't tell people what they believe and can't believe
He said nothing of the sort. He said you shouldn't get your hopes up then have a conniption if it turns out to be a lie, which I whole heartedly agree with.

espio87

Smash Ace
I have made some amazing discoveries in my research essay about this rumor. I am not sure whether my findings will bolster the chances of this rumor being true or not, but they are outstanding to say the least. The essay unfortunately won't be complete for another several hours.
lets hope it doesn't unleash a flame war like this *crosses fingers*

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If they had come back, even as clones, it would've still meant more characters. Plus, some people, me included, actually really liked them. Well... I was one of the people who's said from the beginning that they should go.. now I miss them. They made it in melee so I wouldn't consider their spots wasted if they'd made it to brawl.
:chuckle:
Eh, but this roster is a lot better than Melee's and less clone-ish. Most--if not all--of the clones have been de-cloned, at least in part. Why rope in Pichu and Doc to mess things up?

Pichu should be an alternate costume for Plusle and Minun, so we have the Pichu Bros. :lol:
But Pichu can't be a costume for Pikachu, because Pikachu is nearly twice as big.
Eh. Size, schmize. People ***** about big characters like Bowser and Ridley when Olimar, Kirby, and Pikachu were all drastically enlarged for Smash. Size doesn't really make a difference. If he's an alternate costume, he's just a fat Pichu. Simple.

I think what would offend me the most about Plusle & Minun / Pichu Bros. (good way to keep Pichu from being playable--nice job) is that it makes the Pokéverse seem too homogeneous. The games aren't all teeming with little electric rodents, you know. Thank goodness for PT and the variety he brings!

When DOESN'T PAL get screwed :dizzy:
Aw... *hug*

Sorry 'bout that, pal. (No pun intended.) I can't quite say that I know your pain, but I feel for ya.

...Tfox is literally as legit as Serebii. He's post a bunch of technical **** about Advance Wars and specific details on ALL the infantry in the game of Days of Ruin, all turning out to be true.

And Serebii is a terrible liar. He also denied that he ever said Lucario replaced Mewtwo constantly and said Lucario didn't replace Mewtwo at all. Well, he did. He told a bunch of the mods of the Serebii.net forums (which I actually got info from about this) and they all knew beforehand that Lucario was in Mewtwo's spot in Brawl. Either Serebii is just denying it, or he doesn't know.
Hm...well, that helps. It's not that I don't want to believe it--I would love to see DLC in Smash, especially downloadable characters. It's just that I have a hard time believing something like this, given the rumor-laden atmosphere that has engulfed Smashboards since the DOJO's inception.

I don't recall Serebii saying that Lucario didn't replace Mewtwo at all; I do, however, recall him claiming that he "never said that." We all knew otherwise, but he never (to wit) claimed that Lucario didn't replace Mewtwo. I could be mistaken, but from what I recall, he never denied Lucario's inclusion and Mewtwo's exclusion.

Bottom line: I don't think Serebii has ever outright lied about what is or isn't in the game, he's merely lied about whether he stated something or not. Kind of a semantic issue, but an important point to make in this context.

But Serebii has NEVAR been wrong. If this is true, that'll be the first time. That'd be crazy.
Kind of my feelings. To the best of my recollection, he's never stated something about the game that he knew to be false; instead, he will either refrain from commenting or say something ambiguous about the situation. And maybe he just legitimately doesn't know. It's too hard to tell. :ohwell:

I am typing a very long essay as to my thoughts on this subject. It will take a while to complete, so please be patient.
I can just see it now...

ChronoBound's next post in this thread said:
Due to delays in the completion of the essay regarding downloadable characters in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I’ve had to change the post date of the essay to Sunday, March 9th.

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to reading the editorial for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience.
;)

Ricard_the_dragoon

Smash Apprentice
Excelent, hope it's good news ^_^

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The analysis paper is now over two pages long. I am taking my time on it, so please be patient. Many of you are going to be in disbelief, however, I think the GameFAQs community will be in even more disbelief.

BtCE

Smash Rookie
The truth of the matter is that the burden of truth is on tfox and he seems to not be greatly motivated to come forth with new information. Now, I know that this was only revealed yesterday/ the day before, but in communities this large [and this includes GameFAQs], you can't leak a small amount of information, regardless of whether it is true, without some more concrete evidence, and then disappear from time to time. Remember all of the "character leaks" ? Now, the ones we could trust were the people who have had a past history of being correct - and nobody can seem to find the leaks that tfox has claimed. I greatly, greatly hope that he is telling the truth and this comes true - but hope doesn't matter here, and I wholeheartedly doubt this until we here what Snakey/ChronoBound has to say or we hear more from tfox. There's just too much doubt surrounding this supposed "leak". So, as fans, let's hope he's right, but using common sense, we need to assume that he is lieing, unless we here further from Sakurai, and maybe him.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
The truth of the matter is that the burden of truth is on tfox and he seems to not be greatly motivated to come forth with new information. Now, I know that this was only revealed yesterday/ the day before, but in communities this large [and this includes GameFAQs], you can't leak a small amount of information, regardless of whether it is true, without some more concrete evidence, and then disappear from time to time. Remember all of the "character leaks" ? Now, the ones we could trust were the people who have had a past history of being correct - and nobody can seem to find the leaks that tfox has claimed. I greatly, greatly hope that he is telling the truth and this comes true - but hope doesn't matter here, and I wholeheartedly doubt this until we here what Snakey/ChronoBound has to say or we hear more from tfox. There's just too much doubt surrounding this supposed "leak". So, as fans, let's hope he's right, but using common sense, we need to assume that he is lieing, unless we here further from Sakurai, and maybe him.
Congrats on what is one of the best first posts I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom