• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Custom colors are great, they let me skim the poop posts without putting anyone on ignore.

A little bird told me this was now a Fire Emblem thread, yes?

D

Deleted member

I agree with Peeup, but I see nothing wrong with my text color.

It's a faded red, not bright or too dark, and looks good against the background as far as I can see
Yours are fine on my comp, on phone they drive me mad.

Is my text color too dark as well? I could lighten it if it is...
No problem here.

The only person's posts I have trouble seeing is peeup's, everyone else, at least to me, is pretty clear. But darkish purple...
I think peeup does it to troll us... I have a gut feeling that's the reason.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Also that bit about Mario not being able to have a Doc alt due to fireballs or whatever, I think that was something Sakurai said because it might look weird. BUT WHATEVER he needs to get over it.
I wouldn't be suprised if Sakurai ate his words and made Doc an alt costume this time, vitamins or not.

Custom colors are great, they let me skim the poop posts without putting anyone on ignore.
Honestly whenever I see the purple now I just skip it... :awesome:

A little bird told me this was now a Fire Emblem thread, yes?
Pretty much. :rolleyes:;)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hold up, weren't you the same person that said this idea wouldn't work and used the Dr. Mario fridge logic as proof?
I said "outfits", not that they would be different people. Like Ike would wear Chrom's clothes for example, or Roy would wear Eliwood's.Not that you would be fighting as Chrom or Eliwood, but rather they wear their outfits.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Pretty much. :rolleyes:;)
Much gratefulness!

Too bad nobody's playing Monster Hunter right now.

I said "outfits", not that they would be different people. Like Ike would wear Chrom's clothes for example, or Roy would wear Eliwood's.Not that you would be fighting as Chrom or Eliwood, but rather they wear their outfits.
That ain't gonna do it for me, nope. I can't imagine Sakurai liking the idea over simple color schemes either.

D

Deleted member

Too bad nobody's playing Monster Hunter right now.
I am, Freedom Unite mind you, but I am. 4 Star Missions. Bowguns suck eggs. It seems Bow and Arrow are the only good Ranged weapon for playing solo.

Other than that, I stick to Longswords with the occasional Broadsword and Hammer.

I wanna try out Lances/Gunlances.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Gunlances are awesome, combines the best part of guns and the best part of lances.

I'm sitting here with the 3DS version. Between the Toise Family, everyone's either too far away or too cheap to buy a 3DS. The Lady Toise is playing Freedom Unite too, ha.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Even though it's far fetched, I'd would like if you can change the style of the roster (like Melee style or 64 style).

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Seeing you guys talk about 3DS games makes me feel poor as ****.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I bet the 3DS character select screen is going to be so cool. Use the touch screen for the menu stuff, and the characters/stages appear on the top.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think the character select for 3DS will need more than one page to accomodate all the players. Maybe starters in one page and unlockables in the other.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What would be REALLY cool is if the transition from character selection, to stage selection, to the actually match was seamless. Pick a character on the menu, they appear on the big screen. Pick a stage, and it appears around the characters and they get into their places, and the match starts.

I KIND OF DOUBT THE FEASIBILITY AND PRACTICALITY OF IT THOUGH.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gunlances are awesome, combines the best part of guns and the best part of lances.

I'm sitting here with the 3DS version. Between the Toise Family, everyone's either too far away or too cheap to buy a 3DS. The Lady Toise is playing Freedom Unite too, ha.
What about Tor Toise and Blas Toise?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I do question how different the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. would be. I mean, having 100% identical to the Wii U version would make it seem redundant.

Capain Puff

Smash Cadet
I do question how different the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. would be. I mean, having 100% identical to the Wii U version would make it seem redundant.
I think the 3DS version will be much more focused on singleplayer and making your character stronger in some kind of way, while the Wii U version will be more focused on multiplayer and more characters. I'll buy them both, so we'll see what's better.

D

Deleted member

Imo, considering they are pushing for Crossplatform compatibility, I'd say they'd be as different as Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the WiiU and 3DS.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Imo, considering they are pushing for Crossplatform compatibility, I'd say they'd be as different as Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the WiiU and 3DS.
How different is that?

Ignorant poor person has not played either.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I do believe reading some where that the 3DS will have more of a customizable experience.

My guess is that Miis might be playable, and players will be able to alter their Miis stats via stickers. I'm pretty sure the whole collecting sticker thing will be perfect with Spot Pass as well.

D

Deleted member

How different is that?

Ignorant poor person has not played either.
Afaik, the only difference is that the WiiU version allows you to play online.

3DS you can do local wireless play.

Other than that, they're identical.

I think it's a logical move as it would cut development costs and you would essentially get the same number of profits. Think about it, how many people are gonna know that they are different if you make them different? And how many would buy both versions?

The only way they could make it work would be by releasing the 3DS version around a year after the WiiU version as a separate but compatible title.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Afaik, the only difference is that the WiiU version allows you to play online.

3DS you can do local wireless play.

Other than that, they're identical.

I think it's a logical move as it would cut development costs and you would essentially get the same number of profits. Think about it, how many people are gonna know that they are different if you make them different? And how many would buy both versions?

The only way they could make it work would be by releasing the 3DS version around a year after the WiiU version as a separate but compatible title.
I'm not too sure if that would be the best decision, business wise.

D

Deleted member

I'm not too sure if that would be the best decision, business wise.
What? Selling one a year after the other?

Pokemon does it all the time, as does CoD. The casual Market would eat that **** up as it would be a New Smash Bros. in a sense, especially if they include some 3DS only exclusive characters or something.

Something like: Buy this game and you get these new characters, which you can then transfer to your WiiU version, Also, after a while they can be made DLC characters for those without a 3DS. It would be a brilliant marketing move imo.

In fact, that would be great as then they can split the development process and ensure that the games don't compete with each other as they would if they were released simultaneously. Not only that, but you keep the hype train rolling for another year or so.

I should mention that this is of course assuming both games are made into different gaming experiences rather than the 3DS version a port of the WiiU one.

I found a better SEGA rep then Sonic!

Click here to see!
Is this the birth of a new meme?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I do question the purpose of creating an identical game for both a handheld and console simultaneously like with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Didn't Sakurai already say the 3DS would focus on the single-player and customization? That's already a bigger difference than MH on 3DS and Wii U.

D

Deleted member

@Manny: You are bad at being Sakurai.
I suppose, but I also don't hold Sakurai in high regard as a developer despite being the creator of Smash Bros.

Not a big fan of Kirby, nor some of the decisions he's taken and his overall gaming philosophy.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Single player has never been the strong suit of Smash. I wonder what is the personal experience they are talking about. From what we know, it seems kinda RPG-ish.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Didn't Sakurai already say the 3DS would focus on the single-player and customization? That's already a bigger difference than MH on 3DS and Wii U.
I do believe reading some where that the 3DS will have more of a customizable experience.

My guess is that Miis might be playable, and players will be able to alter their Miis stats via stickers. I'm pretty sure the whole collecting sticker thing will be perfect with Spot Pass as well.

D

Deleted member

Then I think THIS:

What? Selling one a year after the other?

Pokemon does it all the time, as does CoD. The casual Market would eat that **** up as it would be a New Smash Bros. in a sense, especially if they include some 3DS only exclusive characters or something.

Something like: Buy this game and you get these new characters, which you can then transfer to your WiiU version, Also, after a while they can be made DLC characters for those without a 3DS. It would be a brilliant marketing move imo.

In fact, that would be great as then they can split the development process and ensure that the games don't compete with each other as they would if they were released simultaneously. Not only that, but you keep the hype train rolling for another year or so.

I should mention that this is of course assuming both games are made into different gaming experiences rather than the 3DS version a port of the WiiU one.
would be the best move. From a business standpoint. Releasing both games side by side seems like a dumb idea imo. Not only that, but I feel it would hurt the overall quality of both titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom