• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Iwata is much too respectful of Sakurai to get in his way or push him around. Hasn't Iwata said something before about the kind of freedom he allows Sakurai? Don't remember.

Also SmashChu is the only businessman I trust, only he can tell me how dumb I am about things I'm dumb about.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
lol you didn't really do anything to prove Toise's point wrong or even address it

all you did basically was talk down to him
This. He basically outright insulted Toise:

You got me Toise, I dunno where to take this anymore with you. It's like I'm arguing with a child...

I dunno if I should laugh or cry...

Is this the fruit of modern education??
That is profoundly childish.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It doesn't matter good sir, it's still off topic.
We've talked about relationships, Diddy becoming a dad, and sexism. This is definitely way more on topic than any of those. These kinds of discussions also came up in the old thread and no one complained that it was off topic. If it really bothers you, I suppose I'll go make a thread in the GD board.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
the discussion is not only Smash-related, but constructive

how about YOU bring something to the table Ike Sama that hasn't already been discussed several times over if it really concerns you that much

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
You got me Toise, I dunno where to take this anymore with you. It's like I'm arguing with a child...
Yeah, kids love semantics.

You gonna say anything about how your plan is bad for brand integrity or how neither Sakurai nor Nintendo's internal teams ever use "the best move" in developing titles?

D

Deleted member

lol you didn't really do anything to prove Toise's point wrong or even address it

all you did basically was talk down to him
Because his "point" was so incredibly misled that there was nothing to prove wrong. He used the term incorrectly and it was the central focus of his argument.

Anti-Consumerism doesn't refer to poor business practices, it refers to a movement that goes against the consumerist culture of our modern times.

When someone waltzes in and says something that is completely wrong, and out of context in a tone like they know what they're talking about, you're damn right I'm gonna talk down to them and make them feel bad. Hopefully that way they learn to read a little before they something that's completely stupid.

Also, my internet connection is pissing me off. I'm gonna jet before I end up breaking something out of sheer frustration.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
We've talked about relationships, Diddy becoming a dad, and sexism. This is definitely way more on topic than any of those. These kinds of discussions also came up in the old thread and no one complained that it was off topic. If it really bothers you, I suppose I'll go make a thread in the GD board.
It would delight me very much if you do so, It's just the last topics I wasn't there to say that we are off topic or something, so whenever I'm here I will try to get the thread back on topic, but still If you want to continue discussing such things, I'm not the boss of you, go ahead and do so, I just did my duty to warn that such things are off topics after all I'm no mod to control such things.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
When someone waltzes in and says something that is completely wrong, and out of context in a tone like they know what they're talking about, you're damn right I'm gonna talk down to them and make them feel bad. Hopefully that way they learn to read a little before they something that's completely stupid.
Don't throw stones in glass houses.

I mean. At least Toise doesn't want to turn Smash Bros. into BlazBlue. :troll:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It would delight me very much if you do so, It's just the last topics I wasn't there to say that we are off topic or something, so whenever I'm here I will try to get the thread back on topic, but still If you want to continue discussing such things, I'm not the boss of you, go ahead and do so, I just did my duty to warn that such things are off topics after all I'm no mod to control such things.
Here.
http://smashboards.com/threads/releasing-the-3ds-and-wiiu-versions-at-different-times.335318/

Now give us something new to talk about.

D

Deleted member

Don't throw stones in glass houses.

I mean. At least Toise doesn't want to turn Smash Bros. into BlazBlue. :troll:
Turning Smash into Blazblue would be the best course of action for just about anyone with taste and you know it... :troll:

Also,

People in glass houses shouldn't take baths!!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The mods even have trouble keeping us on topic. You won't fare any better. Especially if you're just going to tell us to get on topic without, like Metal and Kuma said, bringing something on topic to discuss.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So much fighting today,

Can we just calm down and talk about something that doesn't involve insults?

I feel like this.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
incorrect usage or not, he still had a point to his argument

maybe you were so focused on dictionary thumping that you overlooked it, but fact of the matter is it was still there

just saying, if you're going to be condescending in an argument, at least give your opponent the courtesy of showing them where they're wrong, and respond to the context of their statements in their entirety instead of cherry picking

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Turning Smash into Blazblue would be the best course of action for just about anyone with taste and you know it... :troll:
Smash Bros. 4 selling likely BlazBlue confirmed. :troll:

Competitive fighters don't sell well anymore (especially compared to Smash Bros.).

Smash Bros. being an incredibly accessible game is a large amount of its appeal. Most/Many fighting games are intimidating to casual players. Even Sakurai himself has talked about this and said this is the reason why he designed Smash Bros. the way it is.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
the discussion is not only Smash-related, but constructive

how about YOU bring something to the table Ike Sama that hasn't already been discussed several times over if it really concerns you that much
Actually I have an Idea, it's something recent in Fire Emblem actually...to represent as much characters as possible from Fire Emblem it would be awesome if Sakurai included "Einherjar"... The Einherjar are cards that are used to summon Fire Emblem heroes, it's used in the DLCs, this is how we got Roy, Marth and Ike together, it would be awesome to have them as summoning item.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Kuma, you're close enough to Manly. Continue this argument in his place. Put on some cool sunglasses to add to the effect.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would actually like to see the company Arc System Works work on Super Smash Bros. due to their experience with fighting games like Guilty Gear and BlazBlue.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
@vol, sure peach, zelda, bowser, ganon, and mewtwo are big names, but if you're suggesting that young link, dr. mario, and falco are bigger then ridley, king dedede, meta knight, diddy kong, and wario, then there is no point with debating with you.

You also ignored my main reasoning so.

@ike-sama we've been more off topic then this, heck we are still somewhat on topic

D

Deleted member

incorrect usage or not, he still had a point to his argument

maybe you were so focused on dictionary thumping that you overlooked it, but fact of the matter is it was still there

just saying, if you're going to be condescending in an argument, at least give your opponent the courtesy of showing them where they're wrong, and respond to the context of their statements instead of cherry picking
You're right. I'm just venting on the poor guy because my internet is pissing me off (though it seems stable for now...).

Regardless, he should still double check his terms before saying something. People in the real world aren't as forgiving as me.

Smash Bros. 4 selling likely BlazBlue confirmed. :troll:

Competitive fighters don't sell well anymore (especially compared to Smash Bros.).

Smash Bros. being an incredibly accessible game is a large amount of its appeal. Most/Many fighting games are intimidating to casual players. Even Sakurai himself has talked about this and said this is the reason why he designed Smash Bros. the way it is.

I could give a rats ass about sales if Smash was made a better game overall.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I would actually like to see the company Arc System Works work on Super Smash Bros. due to their experience with fighting games like Guilty Gear and BlazBlue.
Smash is not a normal fighting game it's another breed, Namco made a game that's called the Outfoxies, which is eerily similar to Smash Bros., and Namco are know for making creative fighting games (Soul Calibur, Tekken)...I'd trust them than any other developers.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That's not an excuse to shovel down crap that only creates more problems and ignore the fundamental rule of balance. No matter how accessible you try to make a game, the fundamentals of a fighting game still apply and should be embraced instead of ignored.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That's not an excuse to shovel down crap that only creates more problems and ignore the fundamental rule of balance. No matter how accessible you try to make a game, the fundamentals of a fighting game still apply and should be embraced instead of ignored.
Of course, who says you can't have a balanced game and an incredibly accessible one (basically Smash Bros. as it is now/in Melee with much better roster balance). Even Sakurai has acknowledged this.

I have no idea why you jumped at accusations that I believed otherwise.

You need a vacation from this forum.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If you were REALLY Manly, you'd understand that a man never runs away from a fight.

Or something Kamina-ish like that.
Fine, I'll do it. Quite frankly though, the separate thread I made should cover this for now.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
You're right. I'm just venting on the poor guy because my internet is pissing me off (though it seems stable for now...).

Regardless, he should still double check his terms before saying something. People in the real world aren't as forgiving as me.

I could give a rats *** about sales if Smash was made a better game overall.
Let's compare and Contrast here:

Nintendo vs Manly

Manly:
1. He doesn't give a rats ass about sales.
2.He only buys the game
3.He is only a one voice in a 9-10 million.

Nintendo:
1.All they care about is sales.
2.Nintendo makes the game so if the game make no money Nintendo won't make the game.
3.They are the ones who decide if the game will exist or not.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's compare and Contrast here:

Nintendo vs Manly

Manly:
1. He doesn't give a rats *** about sales.
2.He only buys the game
3.He is only a one voice in a 9-10 million.

Nintendo:
1.All they care about is sales.
2.Nintendo makes the game so if the game make no money Nintendo won't make the game.
3.They are the ones who decide if the game will exist or not.
Oh snap! He went there.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Actually I have an Idea, it's something recent in Fire Emblem actually...to represent as much characters as possible from Fire Emblem it would be awesome if Sakurai included "Einherjar"... The Einherjar are cards that are used to summon Fire Emblem heroes, it's used in the DLCs, this is how we got Roy, Marth and Ike together, it would be awesome to have them as summoning item.
you mean like assist trophies?

D

Deleted member

@Manly- you're using wifi or wired?
I'm using Spain. That alone should tell you my situation.

I spent 3 hours on the phone dealing with the Vodafone guys trying to get this **** fixed and I still get a half-assed job. Yep. Welcome to Spain, where putting in the least amount of effort is the way to go.

You need a vacation from this forum.
How are you aware of peoples' log in times so much?

That aside, I think we all do.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
@ike sama so you wan't a pokeball, but for fire emblem, no thanks, that's what assists are for

Jungle Book flashback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom