• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Oh man, I didn't even notice the bits about "making me feel bad" and "poor guy" and "real world" and kdfjgkadfjg

Sorry Kuma, this guy is gold, I think we should see other people, etc.

D

Deleted member

Let's compare and Contrast here:

Nintendo vs Manly

Manly:
1. He doesn't give a rats *** about sales.
2.He only buys the game
3.He is only a one voice in a 9-10 million.

Nintendo:
1.All they care about is sales.
2.Nintendo makes the game so if the game make no money Nintendo won't make the game.
3.They are the ones who decide if the game will exist or not.
Ho-boy,

You're bold one picking a fight with me... Hahahahahaha.

1. No, not particularly.
2. I usually pirate my games, but Smash WiiU will be an exception obviously.
3. And...?

1. Yep, I said that last page
2. Yep, same, I said last page...
3. Uhm... duh?

So are you agreeing with me? Or disagreeing with me? I don't get it, what's your point? What are we even arguing about anymore. I kinda stopped caring about the main argument about an hour ago and decided to just have some ****s and giggles.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well we are talking about a series with alot of characters, with alot I mean 200+(just estimation) characters
It's an interesting idea, but it would take away from the Pokemon gimmick, and let's be honest, while FE is bigger than is used to be, it wouldn't be worth that amount of time to Sakurai when ATs cover all series fairly equally (minus Pokemon ofc).

I was talking about his attitude. He has been very aggressive, cranky, and snippy towards lots of people lately.
Lately?

D

Deleted member

I was talking about his attitude. He has been very aggressive, cranky, and snippy towards lots of people lately.
Nah, that's just Habanero being Habanero.

You can't be a spice and not be spicy. C'mon man. It's in his name.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sales VS Quality talk?

I think I might go with quality... it's not like we should get a ****ty game that sells millions because it's something worshipped or loved BEFORE. (Essentially Mario VS Sonic At Olympics and NSMB2. My opinions though)

Manly: Like I said about him, he's sharp-tongued. Puts sharp essentially on your tongue.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Ho-boy,

1. No, not particularly.
3. And...?

3. Uhm... duh?

So are you agreeing with me? Or disagreeing with me? I don't get it, what's your point? What are we even arguing about anymore. I kinda stopped caring about the main argument about an hour ago and decided to just have some ****s and giggles.
Haha, you sure are cranky today aren't you...anyways I'm just saying that it's all about sales nothing more...to be precise I was commenting on this particular sentence "I could give a rats *** about sales if Smash was made a better game overall."

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what the current topic is. But I just wanted to say how great it is that everyone is getting along.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ho-boy,

1. No, not particularly.
3. And...?

3. Uhm... duh?

I'm honestly not too sure what the point of his post was, either, in all honesty. It feels like I missed something. But on that last part, just remember: it's all for ****s and giggles until someone giggles and ****s.

Anyway, I do think that the Eijenharr, or however that's spelled, Cards could be kind of cool for a FE-exclusive Assist/Poke Ball type thing. Or Animal Buddy crates for the DK series. If not for the reason of getting more assists. Wishful thinking? Probably. But it could be sort of neat.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Sales VS Quality talk?

I think I might go with quality... it's not like we should get a ****ty game that sells millions because it's something worshipped or loved BEFORE. (Essentially Mario VS Sonic At Olympics and NSMB2. My opinions though)
Well sir with Nintendo on the helm of developement I'm sure quality is a sure thing, still Quality=/= Hardcore it might quite the easy game with topnotch quality. Still the fact that it's all about money these days it's a reality that saddens me the most.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well sir with Nintendo on the helm of developement I'm sure quality is a sure thing, still Quality=/= Hardcore it might quite the easy game with topnotch quality. Still the fact that it's all about money these days it's a reality that saddens me the most.
Sticker Star was ****. Nintendo's name doesn't mean quality.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
We already got assist trophies and pokéballs though, and adding a summable item for a b-series just takes away development time away for other things

D

Deleted member

It still makes this forum environment very unpleasant. I wish there were more intelligent softspoken people instead.
I think it's fine. Everyone has their own unique way of expressing themselves that resonates with their personality, You can't force everyone to be dull and boring. Sometimes a little bit of attitude goes a long way in making things more interesting. It isn't like Habanero is particularly blatantly wrong or annoying, it's just they way he is and people should imo learn to deal with it. After all, words are just words. You're not gonna go kill yourself over something someone on the internet told you, I mean at least you shouldn't. Irl its the same way, sometimes you're just forced to deal with people you may or may not like. And putting up with it is what makes you a better person and teaches you valuable lessons. If you hide yourself from all the negative things in the world then are you really living?

As for me, I like the guy, he's a cool dude overall.

Haha, you sure are cranky today aren't you...anyways I'm just saying that it's all about sales nothing more...to be precise I was commenting on this particular sentence "I could give a rats *** about sales if Smash was made a better game overall."
Yeah, well I've already said spending three hours on the phone trying to get something fixed only to learn that I still gotta go at it tomorrow because some incompetent jackass can't do his job properly certainly has me a bit irritated. Now I'm just trying to laugh my frustration off while ****posting here and watching some retsupurae, though my internet keeps chocking up from time to time, so it's a rough endeavor.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sticker Star was pretty much a 8/10 game. Its a good game in its own right, but a bad game when compared to the rest of its series (the same goes for Other M).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HAHA, THAT'S COOL MANLY. HAVING A PHONE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT AND ALL. NOT LIKE ANYBODY HERE LOST THEIR PHONE IN A TRAGIC WASHING MACHINE ACCIDENT OR ANYTHINGcaps.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Considering the amount of dumbfounded statements I've seen in these varies topics, it shouldn't be that surprising if you see me a little crabby.
You are snapping at people who don't deserve that though. That's like being treated like crap at work, but then going home and taking your anger out on your pets or other family members.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
IS is really stretching themselves thin with SS, Pushmo/Crashmo, Awakening, Game & Wario, and SMTxFE. It's not surprising not all of their games are as good as they could be. That said, all except SS so far have been quite fun. And, to be fair, SS wasn't absolutely terrible, just... the weakest Paper Mario so far.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sticker Star was a great game....Quality is there, maybe you hated the difficulty level that's all.
No, that game was absolutely boring and you had no incentives to go into battles. Game was ridiculously generic and lacked any real personality. It is an insult to the previous Paper Mario games.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think it's fine. Everyone has their own unique way of expressing themselves that resonates with their personality, You can't force everyone to be dull and boring. Sometimes a little bit of attitude goes a long way in making things more interesting. It isn't like Habanero is particularly blatantly wrong or annoying, it's just they way he is and people should imo learn to deal with it. After all, words are just words. You're not gonna go kill yourself over something someone on the internet told you, I mean at least you shouldn't. Irl its the same way, sometimes you're just forced to deal with people you may or may not like. And putting up with it is what makes you a better person and teaches you valuable lessons. If you hide yourself from all the negative things in the world then are you really living?

As for me, I like the guy, he's a cool dude overall.
How do you have so much time to say something that could only be said in one or two sentences? :troll:

Seriously though, I have no idea how people are able to write as much as they are able to in their responses here. At best I can only get out 1-2 sentence responses when on here due to being so busy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anywho, I finished the main mode of Harmoknight today (which took a while due to my 3DS's wonky D-Pad [seriously. My only complaint about Harmoknight was that it couldn't use the Circle Pad...]), and I gotta reiterate...I really wish he'd be playable in Smash 4. He could offer a pretty cool rhythm gimmick (maybe centered around actual combos timed to the current BGM, due to low knockback on most of his moves?) and the game has a nice atmosphere that could really do well in a game like Smash. It really is a shame that he's not too likely at all...ah, if only...

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
No, that game was absolutely boring and you had no incentives to go into battles. Game was ridiculously generic and lacked any real personality. It is an insult to the previous Paper Mario games.
So you will deny that the game was well polished ? You will deny that the game was any good ? I will give you a games that's half baked, "Marvel vs Capcom 3" that was a ****ty game that I only enjoyed for 3 days and sold it...in contrast most of Nintendo games are well made, are worth the money you paid for.

D

Deleted member

How do you have so much time to say something that could only be said in one or two sentences? :troll:

Seriously though, I have no idea how people are able to write as much as they are able to in their responses here. At best I can only get out 1-2 sentence responses when on here due to being so busy.
Because it's midnight here, I got nothing better to do, and I like to rant.

EDIT: Maybe I should make that longer, would you like me to? Hahahahaha

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Isn't it a bit too late for guys like Tempo. The roster is probably finalized by now. Some of these new characters I've seen being suggested have missed their chance.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Isn't it a bit too late for guys like Tempo. The roster is probably finalized by now. Some of these new characters I've seen being suggested have missed their chance.
Plus even if his game had come out a little earlier, one eShop game isn't going to do much. He's a cool character, definitely, I like his game so far, but at this point he's really just AT material. He's in a very similar situation Jill was in pre-Brawl, but at least she had a full retail game.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Smash Bros. 4 selling likely BlazBlue confirmed. :troll:

Competitive fighters don't sell well anymore (especially compared to Smash Bros.).

Smash Bros. being an incredibly accessible game is a large amount of its appeal. Most/Many fighting games are intimidating to casual players. Even Sakurai himself has talked about this and said this is the reason why he designed Smash Bros. the way it is.
More like competitive fighters never sold well. The genre (and arcades in general) began to decline when they appeal to competitive players. This is why most new arcades are not putting fighting game in.

Smash's success is due to it being more open to players. People have time to learn how to play a game and understand the complexities of it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh yeah, I definitely realize that his chances of being playable are slim to none, I'm just saying it'd be cool. I'm personally banking on an AT, and would be thankful for even that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Smash's success is due to it being more open to players. People have time to learn how to play a game and understand the complexities of it.
Smash's success is mostly due to the marketability of the characters included. I'm not saying the gameplay didn't play a part, but if we had gotten Dragon King instead, the series would be nowhere as successful as it has been.

On the other hand, if we got a traditional fighter with the same characters as in Smash, it would also be pretty successful, but granted, probably not as successful.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So you will deny that the game was well polished ? You will deny that the game was any good ? I will give you a games that's half baked, "Marvel vs Capcom 3" that was a ****ty game that I only enjoyed for 3 days and sold it...in contrast most of Nintendo games are well made, are worth the money you paid for.
I only beat it so I could sell it after with closure. The game is just a very tedious, unexciting game. Marvel is a very interesting case. The game is most definitely not for everyone. I can't get into it despite giving it a month of my time. On the other hand, there is a considerable audience for it. It's very much a love it or hate it game. I can see why one would like it, but it's not for me.

Sticker Star is definitely a functioning game, but it's boring, and no amount of quality coding and lack of glitches will fix that.

D

Deleted member

More like competitive fighters never sold well. The genre (and arcades in general) began to decline when they appeal to competitive players. This is why most new arcades are not putting fighting game in.

Yeah, and this is where I say goodbye...

It's been fun everyone, g'nite.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sticker Star is a great game for many. It's also a great Mario-game.

But as a Paper Mario-game, it's something I act like never existed. This game is trying to service Miyamoto's ideals and gameplay over story-thing which just DOESN'T belong to an RPG- oh wait, SS is actually an Action Game in veins of Zelda 1.

I have to yet try it, but I don't think I ever will.

Opossum: I still find that concept bit too difficult to implement and yet would limit Tempo's moveset to some degree.. My idea had him having a flow in his moves which consist of lag in certain attacks or canceling at some others more efficiently. Something like Marth's Dancing Blade meets an actual, much more developed playstyle. He'd have a clear "rhythm" which still can have some options to make into something own. And maybe a musical aesthetic where every of his swing or hit mixes with the music. It might give cues that might make him predictable, but if they make him also a trickster by letting him hit a blow that makes another sound cue that wasn't really expected by the opponent, he essentially mess with the player to some degree.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So you will deny that the game was well polished ? You will deny that the game was any good ?
Not Kuma, but I will say that Paper Mario: Sticker Star is plagued with a lot of game design flaws that it makes it not enjoyable. I mean one of the biggest problems I have with the game is that random encounters are completely pointless and are only designed for you to waste your time and stickers.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I liked mvc3, it just need a little more, the only way you can fight cpus is going into traing mode, which sucks since you can't see the endings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom