• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wish Retro would make something like a "Super Mario Bros. 2 Returns" and we can play as Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad... 4 players at the same time... and we pick up enemies instead of jumping on them... and Birdo, Mouser, Tryclyde, Clawgrip, and Wart are back.
Birdo never really left.

D

Deleted member

Oh, sure... Sakurai says this... and then he goes ahead and make Wario's Wario Land alternate costume where the Wario from Wario Land games is performing moves from WarioWare games. :rolleyes:
This bullcrap again?
One would think that after posting this:

That people would stop using that argument.

LOOKIE HERE, IT'S "WARIO LAND" WARIO IN WARIOWARE DURR!

EDIT: Aside from that, "Wario Land" Wario and "WarioWare" Wario are the same character.
Dr. Mario is implied by Miyamoto to be from a separate canon to the mustachioed plumber in red we know as simply "Mario".

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Birdo never really left.
Birdo is only in spin-off games. She isn't in main games anymore. Not since 1988.

This bullcrap again?
One would think that after posting this:

That people would stop using that argument.

LOOKIE HERE, IT'S "WARIO LAND" WARIO IN WARIOWARE DURR!
I don't care if Wario wore his Wario Land overalls in WarioWare. When I play as "Wario Land" Wario, I expect to play as "Wario Land" Wario... you know, shoulder tackles, picking up and throwing enemies, fire-breathing dragon hats, vampirism... just like I expect to play as Ganondorf with dark energy balls, lightning bolts, and swords, not as a Captain Falcon clone.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone closed the magikarp thread.

I was in full support of the character

D

Deleted member

I don't care if Wario wore his Wario Land overalls in WarioWare. When I play as "Wario Land" Wario, I expect to play as "Wario Land" Wario... you know, shoulder tackles, picking up and throwing enemies, fire-breathing dragon hats, vampirism... just like I expect to play as Ganondorf with dark energy balls, lightning bolts, and swords, not as a Captain Falcon clone.
Funny, when I play as the character known as "Wario", I expect to see references to games he's in when he fights.

Who is this "Wario Land" Wario you speak of? I only know "Wario".

EDIT: In case this isn't clear, there is literally nothing different between "Wario in his overalls" and "Wario in his biker clothes". They both have the same abilities.
Unlike Dr. Mario, who is an alter-ego/alternate universe counterpart.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Playing dumb to prove me wrong proves I won an argument on the Internet. :troll:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Funny, when I play as the character known as "Wario", I expect to see references to games he's in when he fights.

I totally agree with this statement, however, I would prefer to see Wario's charge attack replace the bike.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I totally agree with this statement, however, I would prefer to see Wario's charge attack replace the bike.
The shoulder bash is better suited as a dash attack.

Keep the bike. That hog is my favorite part about Wario.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The shoulder bash is better suited as a dash attack.

Keep the bike. That hog is my favorite part about Wario.
I don't care what move it replaces. I just want it implemented.
And also, I think Mario's moveset needs a reboot.
**** the F.L.U.D.D. as a down B. Use it for what it's good for: recovery. And with the success of Galaxy, give Mario his Mario Tornado back. And give his fireballs some bounce and speed to them, like in Mario games. And for his cape... Ok, I like that move. It's fine.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

EDIT: In case this isn't clear, there is literally nothing different between "Wario in his overalls" and "Wario in his biker clothes". They both have the same abilities.
Unlike Dr. Mario, who is an alter-ego/alternate universe counterpart.
I find it asinine that because Dr. Mario only throws pills, that's good enough to make him a completely separate character from Mario... and yet when Wario (the Wario Land version) uses dragon/jet hats and transformations (zombie, vampire, etc.), it is not good enough to make him a completely separate character from Wario (the WarioWare version).

I'd rather see Sakurai put in a character called "Classic Wario" where he's the Wario from Wario Land games, complete with hats and transformations over random lolis and jailbaits.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
**** the F.L.U.D.D. as a down B. Use it for what it's good for: recovery. And with the success of Galaxy, give Mario his Mario Tornado back. And give his fireballs some bounce and speed to them, like in Mario games. And for his cape... Ok, I like that move. It's fine.
F*** FLUDD altogether. There's no functionality it potentially provides that one of Marios Melee specials doesn't also provide.

Recovery? SJP, Tornado, and Cape have that covered.
Gimping? Cape has that.

Can't think of any other situation where FLUDD could conceivably useful.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Magikarp has nothing on the fabled ~Top 5 Percentile Rattata~ :troll:
I think Mario will receive some move tweaks here hand there.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
F*** FLUDD altogether. There's no functionality it potentially provides that one of Marios Melee specials doesn't also provide.

Gimping? Cape has that.

Sup.

@R.O.B.

I would rejoice like crazy and wait for the ability to play as my new main.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

Gimping? Cape has that.

This.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Sorry, I still don't see the Dash Nozzle as being all that useful. At best I could conceivably see it as a recovery move, but it'd be inferior in every way to his other moves.

And why does Mario even need FLUDD?
For better recovery. He needs quite a bit of a buff.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sorry, I still don't see the Dash Nozzle as being all that useful. At best I could conceivably see it as a recovery move, but it'd be inferior in every way to his other moves.

And why does Mario even need FLUDD?
Cuz Sunshine was awesome!

He doesn't really NEED it. It's just a cool homage to a cool game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think FLUDD could be made more useful... press Down B once to activate it... when it's fully charged, you can either use the water to do one of the following:

Side B - temporarily replaces the Cape when the water is fully charged, it activates the Turbo Nozzle where Mario zooms across the stage.... could help with horizontal recovery.

Up B - temporarily replaces the Super Jump Punch when the water is fully charged, it activates the Rocket Nozzle where Mario skyrockets very high... basically Super Jump Punch with better height.

Down B - same like in Brawl, shooting water.

After FLUDD runs out of water, Mario regains the Cape and the regular Super Jump Punch.

D

Deleted member

I find it asinine that because Dr. Mario only throws pills, that's good enough to make him a completely separate character from Mario... and yet when Wario (the Wario Land version) uses dragon/jet hats and transformations (zombie, vampire, etc.), it is not good enough to make him a completely separate character from Wario (the WarioWare version).

I'd rather see Sakurai put in a character called "Classic Wario" where he's the Wario from Wario Land games, complete with hats and transformations over random lolis and jailbaits.
What I find asinine is your complete ignorance.
"Version"? It's the same ****ing Wario, they have the same ****ing abilities. Both can shoulder bash, both can ground pound, both can fart, both can become vampires, both can pick up and toss enemies, both can ride bikes, both can do the same damn things.
"Dr. Mario" is from an alternate canon, as hinted by Miyamoto. How many times does this have to be said?
Aside from that, by your asinine logic, Only "Wario Land" Wario (the one with long sleeves and explorer's hat) can use the hats.

EDIT: Aside from that, randomly using Reactions for fighting is downright stupid.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@R.O.B.

I would rejoice like crazy and wait for the ability to play as my new main.
I'd totally rub it in their faces and say that he was never "too big" from the start. Also, I'd crush them during online matches with Ridley when the game gets released.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Because he is rather infamous in the Pokemon fanbase. :troll:

How would any of you feel if Ridley were to be confirmed at E3 and what would you do to all the anti-Ridley naysayers?
Good point there. But I guess you wouldn't think of taking Magikarp as seriously as you would with Ridley.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What I find asinine is your complete ignorance.
"Version"? It's the same ****ing Wario, they have the same ****ing abilities. Both can shoulder bash, both can ground pound, both can fart, both can become vampires, both can pick up and toss enemies, both can ride bikes, both can do the same damn things.
"Dr. Mario" is from an alternate canon, as hinted by Miyamoto. How many times does this have to be said?
Aside from that, by your asinine logic, Only "Wario Land" Wario (the one with long sleeves and explorer's hat) can use the hats.

EDIT: Aside from that, randomly using Reactions for fighting is downright stupid.
Yes, you say all of this and yet you buy that Dr. Mario is incapable of shooting fireballs? Give me a freaking break.

Playing dumb? An ironic accusation, coming from the one who doesn't need to play dumb, as they are a natural.
Do I sense a butthurt "NO U" insult in that statement? :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Yes, you say all of this and yet you buy that Dr. Mario is incapable of shooting fireballs? Give me a freaking break.
Considering that Mario himself requires a Fire Flower or the Firebrand to shoot fireballs, yeah, it makes a lot of fricking sense why Dr. Mario, who's focused on medicine instead of heroics and adventures, wouldn't be able to shoot them.

It's called "logic", ever heard of it?
And as repeatedly said, he's not the same Mario as THE Mario.

Do I sense a butthurt "NO U" insult in that statement? :awesome:
Why must you continue to prove how idiotic you are?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pre-Brawl I was secretly hoping we'd get FLUDD Mario in order to replace Dr. Mario. Probably the only Mario Newcomer I ever liked the idea of.

Of course back then I was young, handsome, Strong, and reckless, but now that I'm mature, handsome, Strong, and all the wiser I see now that all possible Mario Newcomers are just as lame.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You should have said you're now Stronger, I think that would have been the Strongest thing to say in that Sentence.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Considering that Mario himself requires a Fire Flower or the Firebrand to shoot fireballs, yeah, it makes a lot of fricking sense why Dr. Mario, who's focused on medicine instead of heroics and adventures, wouldn't be able to shoot them.

It's called "logic", ever heard of it?
And as repeatedly said, he's not the same Mario as THE Mario.

Why must you continue to prove how idiotic you are?

If Wario exists in the same universe as Mario as evidenced in Super Mario Land 2 and Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3.... and if Wario exists in the same universe as Dr. Mario as evidenced in Dr. Mario 64.... then it suggests that Mario and Dr. Mario are the one and the same.

Oh, and here's Mario's Melee trophy description: "Known worldwide as Mr. Nintendo, Mario uses his incredible jumping ability to thwart the evil Bowser time after time. While he's best known as a hero, Mario has played many roles, including racer, doctor, golfer, and villain. His tastes have changed over 20 years of gaming; he long ago swapped the colors of his shirt and overalls."

And here's Mario's Brawl trophy description: "A familiar overall-clad figure who is Nintendo's flagship character. His courage and jumping ability have seen him through countless adventures. He's a multitalented plumber with the knowledge of a physician, a top-notch golfer, and a veteran tennis umpire. Is his jumping prowess a boon from his girder-climbing days?"

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You should have said you're now Stronger, I think that would have been the Strongest thing to say in that Sentence.
YOU CAN'T GET MUCH STRONGER IF YOU'RE ALREADY THE STRONGEST. all caps

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
YOU CAN'T GET MUCH STRONGER IF YOU'RE ALREADY THE STRONGEST. all caps
That's only what people who haven't embraced their true Strength say!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
How would any of you feel if Ridley were to be confirmed at E3 and what would you do to all the anti-Ridley naysayers?
I started this topic on GameFAQs yesterday to minimal fanfare. When Ridley is revealed, I fully plan on bumping "How Will the Anti-Ridley Crowd Explain His Upcoming E3 Reveal" so we can watch the reactions in real-time.

I'm expecting a mixture of "I never said he was impossible, just that he's too big" and "See? He looks ********. Sakurai making him not too big doesn't invalidate that he is too big."

As M. Bison would say, it will be delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom