• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's more likely that he assumed the princess would be right behind him, or simply his "Dedede Senses" were tingling and nothing else mattered at the moment.
After all, the next time you see him, he's appearing out of nowhere to try to stop Dedede from taking the fallen fighters' trophies, because Dedede was clearly up to no good.
(I notice that shortly before Kirby runs off, you hear the sound of the Cargo ship Dedede hijacked and see Kirby looking around then jump in shock, implying he saw Dedede in the distance and ran after him.)

EDIT: As for why he didn't notice Bowser coming in and snagging the princess, he was too far away and too preoccupied with Dedede to be able to notice it happen.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The SSE was a jumbled up mess when it comes to the storyline.
I think only Dedede's personality was portrayed correctly.
Meh, it's a crossover game. It's not canon.
And anyway like 90% of the characters in Brawl do not have any personality (Pikachu, R.O.B.) or just have a very flat one.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I always thought of Smash like Toy Story (based on Smash 64 at least) where the characters in Smash are not exactly the real characters but copies of them.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, the Dojo statement and the Hyrule Historia statement seem to contradict each another...
They may very well both be correct. It's not unreasonable to think that Sheik had a different design in Twilight Princess in that game's conceptual stage than the one that appeared in Brawl, but it was still enough to make some modifications and result in the drawings we know about.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Let's say Sheik really does make it into SSB4, and Zelda uses her Skyward Sword design. Do you guys think that Sheik will need to undergo a radical redesign in order to fit Zelda's SS design?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Let's say Sheik really does make it into SSB4, and Zelda uses her Skyward Sword design. Do you guys think that Sheik will need to undergo a radical redesign in order to fit Zelda's SS design?
We can't be sure until we see SSB4's art style.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
They're going to be alternate costumes also. I'm pretty positive about that. I'm expecting at least three Zelda from three different games (SS, TP and maybe OoT). Would be nice to see a younger/cute Sheik imho. Just for fun.

peeup

Smash Lord
We can't be sure until we see SSB4's art style.
Not important, I think. Link and Zelda used their TP designs because it was the most recent game. Even Sheik used her TP design despite not being in TP.

The design of the character is based on their most recent design, it isn't dependent on Smash's art style.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Most ideal situation keeping Sheik:

Of coarse they gotta make Impa playable to this way. :awesome:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The artist forgot that Sheik is male. :troll:

But anyways, excellent drawing. It deserves a like. Though Sheik's dress should have bluish tone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Or if they don't wanna call her Sheik, call her ; Sheikah Suit Zelda.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
On an unrelated note, I remember someone bringing up Chrom using the Exalted Falchion as a way to make him "different".
Well, Marth can use the same sword. (Referring to the real Marth, not "Marth") So why not just have Marth use the Exalted Falchion this time around instead of adding Chrom for that?
I was the one, Habanero von Inferno, who suggested such an idea. I did that as a bit of a proposition to people that think Chrom is too dull, along with the concept of using some electric based attacks.

As for Marth, well I could argue that the Exalted Falchion makes sense for Chrom considering the whole situation regarding the leader of the Divine Dragons, Naga, releasing the power of the Falchion and gifting it to Chrom. So in context, it makes more sense for Chrom then Marth.

Though to be blunt, if I wanted a character with a Level Infinity Epic Super God Plus Tier weapon, I'd go with Shulk and the Monado. I mean, even I have a difficult time trying to justify Chrom too...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You say it like Sheik is unlikely.

Also. I figure she'll look a lot like Impa.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Everyone knows that the Golden Sword is the best.

Actually, on topic, I made a Final Smash for Link that includes the Golden Sword :3
---------------------------------------------------------------------
So there's gonna be a Nintendo 3DS Direct this Wednesday. Hopefully some Smash news (Looking at the supposed "leak" that says Smash 3DS is coming soon) But again, not expecting anything drastic. Probably some Animal Crossing, maybe more Mewtwo hinting, more trashware, and an upcoming eShop game.

bobadz

Smash Ace
So how do you guys feel about "Marth", Walhart, Henry, and Thraja being more popular then Chrom in North America? Think it'll effect Chrom's chances or not? I doubt it but, I think they'll be in the game in someway (assist trophy, trophy, sticker, etc)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So how do you guys feel about Lucina, Walhart, Henry, and Thraja being more popular then Chrom in North America? Think it'll effect Chrom's chances or not? I doubt it but, I think they'll be in the game in someway (assist trophy, trophy, sticker, etc)
Lucina, yaay! Walhart... wat. Henry? Huh. Tharja? Not surprised.
But yeah, the only one who poses a threat to Chrom is Lucina and the Avatar. I have absolutely no doubts that they will all appear as stickers and trophies.

D

Deleted member

So how do you guys feel about Lucina, Walhart, Henry, and Thraja being more popular then Chrom in North America? Think it'll effect Chrom's chances or not? I doubt it but, I think they'll be in the game in someway (assist trophy, trophy, sticker, etc)
Not really. Chrom is still the main lord of FE13 so if anyone from that game gets in, it'll be him. Plus when it comes to FE13 reps, the ones who ask for one (not including those who merely expect one) generally prefer Chrom anyway.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike is 100% priority above all else for me to. And I am kinda liking Roy more than Chrom nowadays.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Spoon Sword is the best. :shades:

@FE: Basically all I care about is Ike returning. Lucina's cool, but her mask is pretty much guaranteed to be a Marth alt. The rest are sticker material at best, even if Walhart is Alm's spiritual successor.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ugh, I really don't care what happens with the Fire Emblem series. I like Chrom as a lord better than others in the series, but that's about as far as my affection goes. Fire Emblem is one series I truly don't care about. Marth isn't going anywhere, and that's all that matters to me.

Just glad the Pokémon situation is pretty much resolved at this point.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
@FE: Basically all I care about is Ike returning. Lucina's cool, but her mask is pretty much guaranteed to be a Marth alt. The rest are sticker material at best, even if Walhart is Alm's spiritual successor.
Pretty sad when a mask that is used for less than half the game and only 2-3 appearances already exemplifies a character. No, truly. I wish people would consider the character, not the mask.
But thankfully I don't think anyone here thinks like that.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Overall, this roster is quite realistic.
You could say it's "conservative" by not having newcomers for both Fire Emblem and Pokémon, but has the fan favorite characters anyway, which isn't a bad thing. Impa as the Zelda newcomer and keeping all the veterans is good for me.
The only flaws I see is the Mario series having 8 characters, which is a stretch in my opiniom; lacks Palutena, whom I see as a very likely newcomer, given Kid Icarus: Uprising's success.

8/10
Kinda funny that I was gonna add Palutena to make the roster a perfect square, but Dillon was easier to fit in with the general order. HOWEVER, I am adding her now because, if you notice, I accidentally added Little Mac twice. :p
The 8 Mario reps is because Pokemon has 7, and Mario is the bigger series. It was one of the reasons, albeit small, that I just found Brawl lackluster.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pretty sad when a mask that is used for less than half the game and only 2-3 appearances already exemplifies a character. No, truly. I wish people would consider the character, not the mask.
But thankfully I don't think anyone here thinks like that.
Don't get me wrong, I like Lucina, but the fact of the matter is that Chrom's the dominant lord between the two (the overall dominant character is My Unit though). There's also probably the matter of that she's more or less a carbon copy of Marth just with long hair and boobs, you also have the whole "avoid spoilers" kind of attitude. Wouldn't be surprised if she made an appearance as part of Chrom's Final Smash with her mask on.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't think giving a series a bunch of characters just because a "smaller" series has more of them in Smash is all that great of a idea

Just saying, that's a weak reason for adding a character

Mario and Pokemon are about on par with each other, anyway, Mario maybe having the edge

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Mario gets 7 Reps max (INCLUDING Yoshi and Wario) while Pokemans gets 7. (:007:, :002:, and :006: considered seperate characters)
Mario gets 1 extra trophy and sticker than Pokemon.
Done.

Its a pretty small spoiler. Plus isn't Zelda transforming into sheik sorta a spoiler too?
At the very least, it WAS a spoiler back in the Melee days.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ugh, I really don't care what happens with the Fire Emblem series. I like Chrom as a lord better than others in the series, but that's about as far as my affection goes. Fire Emblem is one series I truly don't care about. Marth isn't going anywhere, and that's all that matters to me.
Erm, quick question, but are you me? I've been huffing and puffing about the same stuff every time this stupid topic comes up. Especially the part where Marth is the only character that matters, I've said that a handful of times too.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kinda wish we had more Mario/Zelda/DK discussions so I could complain like Habenero or Star.

Its a pretty small spoiler. Plus isn't Zelda transforming into sheik sorta a spoiler too?
I guess, but she still has both Marth and Chrom to deal with.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hmm....

Star, is the "Phoenix" in your name because your so spicy? :troll:

Also. Which new characters should talk?

D

Deleted member

Just glad the Pokémon situation is pretty much resolved at this point.
The fact that the Pokémon drama is pretty much over is a great thing. At least we won't have to deal with flame wars from there anymore.

I think that for newcomers, King K. Rool, Samurai Goroh, Palutena, Isaac, Shulk and Mega Man should all talk.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Kinda wish we had more Mario/Zelda/DK discussions so I could complain like Habenero or Star.
So guys, who is more likely:
- Toon Zelda
- Ghirahim
- Midna
- Vaati
- Young Link

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also. Which new characters should talk?
Well, technically every character is going to talk in the context of stuff like grunts and screams. Though in the context of characters actually speaking in full dialogue, the only "new" characters that could do that are Shulk, Palutena, and Takamaru. Takamaru and Shulk for victory poses, with Palutena in a hypothetical Kid Icarus Smash Taunt.

- Toon Zelda
- Ghirahim
- Midna
- Vaati
- Young Link
Toon Zelda seems to be the most plausible, mainly because she was planned to be in Brawl along with the mysterious "Toon Sheik".

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
- Toon Zelda
- Ghirahim
- Midna
- Vaati
- Young Link
Midna and Vaati missed the boat with Brawl. Young Link missed his chance at snagging back the "child Link" slot when Wind Waker HD was announced.

Ghirahim, Toon Zelda, Impa, and Tingle are the only Zelda newcomers I see as plausible. Tingle is the least likely of those four due to how much the West hates him, and even Japan has no interest in seeing him playable.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
- Toon Zelda
- Ghirahim
- Midna
- Vaati
- Young Link
Oh why thank you, and yes IMO they're all just terrible. All I care about are Link, Zelda, Ganondorf. Toon and Young Link are the same character to me so meh, I'd give it to Toon though for having a better moveset/cell shaded design.

EDIT: You forgot to add Tingle and Impa. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom