• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright people.
You can only choose 3 new original characters. Others can be in but they HAVE to be clones or semi-clones.

What do you do?

@bobadz

Cuz it is! :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In my opinion, the best roster for Zelda series would be: Link, Zelda / Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Impa and Tingle.

Those are all the recurring characters in the series and the ones with the most importance, so I think it makes sense.

Still, I would like Ghirahim as a playable character in Smash. Guess I'll have to wait and see...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Tingle's hatebase is being exaggerated. The fact that he cameos in Skyward Sword and his presence in a fanservice-y game like Brawl makes me think that Nintendo still cares about him.

bobadz

Smash Ace

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
He must think Wind Waker is the beat Zelda game.
It was certainly the best Zelda game released among the pool of the GCN, Wii, GBA, and DS.

I do think that technically Young Link could still be in the running if the next 3DS Zelda ends up being Majora's Mask 3D, or if the next 3DS Zelda uses an entirely new "child Link". As with everything else, we are just going to have to wait until E3.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A question for you guys:
Who do you think is the better troll character: Tingle or Waluigi? :troll: :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Alright people.
You can only choose 3 new original characters. Others can be in but they HAVE to be clones or semi-clones.

What do you do?
Little Mac, Takamaru and King K. Rool for the original characters.

Clones:
Ridley (Charizard)
Impa (Sheik)
Isaac (Marth)
Ghirahim (Marth)
Palutena (Zelda)
Dark Pit (Pit)
Samurai Goroh (Takamaru)
Black Shadow (Captain Falcon)
Mega Man (Samus) :troll:
Shulk (Ike)
Magnus (Ike)
Lip (Peach)
Starfy (Jigglypuff)
Pichu (Pikachu)
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Roy (Marth)
Dr. Mario (Mario)

Sakurai: *laughs*

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
A question for you guys:
Who do you think is the better troll character: Tingle or Waluigi? :troll: :p
Tingle, because he actually has a fanbase in Japan.

@Swamp

Original Characters:
Little Mac, Mewtwo, Paper Mario

Clones:
Lucina (Marth)
Megaman (Samus)
Issac (Ike)
K. Rool (Bowser) :troll:
Ridley (Cherizerd)
Blaziken (C. Falcon)
Black Knight (Ganondork)
Dixie (Diddy)
King Boo (Kirby)
Slippy (Snake) :troll:
Palutena (Zelda)
Magikarp (Sonic) :p :smirk:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Tingle, because he actually has a fanbase in Japan.
Did you miss the part where I said barely anyone asks for him in Japan? They certainly don't hate him, but as a character they are definitely not fanboys of him.

Fun fact: Vanpool, the developer of Dillon's games, was the developer for the entire Tingle series.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Did you miss the part where I said barely anyone asks for him in Japan? They certainly don't hate him, but as a character they are definitely not fanboys of him.
I was joking. I forget that this is the internet.
In all seriousness, though, Tingle, because why not?

bobadz

Smash Ace
I was joking. I forget that this is the internet.
In all seriousness, though, Tingle, because why not?
Waluigi being revealed at E3 or anywhare would cause Gamefaqs to explode with rage. And the rest of smash fan base divided (again).

bobadz

Smash Ace
That's a funny way of spelling Roy. Then again pretty much every character is going to piss off people there, so whatever.

Like the people who say "Sakurai Said in Nintendo Power Ridley is to big!" there are people who actually believe he said that.

D

Deleted member

Alright people.

What do you do?

@bobadz

Cuz it is! :troll:
King K. Rool
Mewtwo
Mega Man

If we would just get those three, I would be satisfied with the roster.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There are people that will say they want the character, even if it sucks. Though I question this mentality, considering having a character being worth the effort is more satisfying in the long run. Wanting a character even if it sucks? Nah, you should want a character and push it to be good.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sup, I'm Hiram and I'm kind of new, I just registered but I stalk these threads constantly. This is the Roster I made, although some of it may be just silly dreaming.

This was almost amazing.

But sadly there is no Ridley or Palutena.

I am sad...

Edit:
Eh... Whoops... Wrong thread....

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
There are people that will say they want the character, even if it sucks. Though I question this mentality, considering having a character being worth the effort is more satisfying in the long run. Wanting a character even if it sucks? Nah, you should want a character and push it to be good.
Well I mean, it's not like anyone is asking for a sucky character, just they don't care if they end up sucking.

Also, make Tingle playable. I want. So. Bad. He fits in perfectly, and is one of those characters that just would make for an interesting playstyle. He fits in So WELL

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Fun fact: Vanpool, the developer of Dillon's games, was the developer for the entire Tingle series.
Technically it's Vanpool and Nintendo EAD that develops the Dillon's Rolling Western games. From what I understand some of the staff that developed the Super Mario Galaxy games were involved with the games.

D

Deleted member

Why do I get a V for Vendetta feeling from that image above...

Tingle needs to wear a Guy Fawkes mask. :troll:

EDIT: On the issue of Tingle's "hatebase", if Sakurai really cared about it, Tingle would not have even been an Assist, let alone a trolling Assist that is deliberately made to piss people off.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Erm, quick question, but are you me? I've been huffing and puffing about the same stuff every time this stupid topic comes up. Especially the part where Marth is the only character that matters, I've said that a handful of times too.
Why would I be asking myself if I were me, if I were me? So you, asking me if I'm you, automatically means I'm not you, because you wouldn't be asking the question otherwise as you'd already know that I'm you.

Hmm....

Star, is the "Phoenix" in your name because your so spicy? :troll:
*shrugs*

I like Megaman X6.

The fact that the Pokémon drama is pretty much over is a great thing. At least we won't have to deal with flame wars from there anymore.

I think that for newcomers, King K. Rool, Samurai Goroh, Palutena, Isaac, Shulk and Mega Man should all talk.
Ew no. Only Palutena and Shulk should talk (I like the idea of having a character with a British accent). The rest should just grunt or groan like Bowser or Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom