• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well I like it.

That picture is a bit harsh on it's facial features. It's much more round and subtle.

Would prefer transformation instead of FS.
I'll have to agree here. Being able to switch between two forms would be the best way to represent 6th gen with a playable character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why? Zero Suit Samus is also playable through normal means? Plus she has an actual Down B move

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think the new form corresponds better to Mewtwo's stats in Melee. Somewhat light and floaty.

I would not mind if this form takes the place of old Mewtwo complete with flashier specials.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He makes Dixie looks less unique though...

I SWEEP MAH HAIR BACK AND FORWARD

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Add range, speed, priority and knockback please and we cool.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Waluigi's popularity is mostly based on troll votes though...
Who's to say other characters in the poll have votes that are mostly troll votes as well? Just saying...
Ugh, he's even more ugly in 3D. The fingers and toes look like you could just squeeze them and they'd pop like some kind of sack filled with liquid
His fingers and toes look like eggplants. Pit will not be pleased.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who's to say other characters in the poll have votes that are mostly troll votes as well?

His fingers and toes look like eggplants. Pit will not be pleased.
The Ice climbers WILL, however

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The Ice Climbers will be ecstatic, however.

I feel like Sakurai will figure out some different way to trigger a transformation for Mewtwo. If only for the sake of variety.

REALLY PSYCHO. REALLY.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mewtwo's new form looks great in Pokemon X and Y. He will look great in smash 4. Sakurai hasn't made an ugly looking character yet.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Afrodude, Waluigi is literally trollbait. That's why. Am not really seeing which other character would have troll-based popularity. Though I do suppose Waluigi has a few legit fans.

Am just remembered by this one thread we had a year or so back.

We had votes which characters should be in Smash 4. 5 characters per day, and the Top 10 only had one vote a day per member. Waluigi BARELY made the Top 10, but when he did, people came out of nowhere to vote for him.

So I have my reasons to think the way I do about Waluigi support. I might've forgiven, but I won't forget you damn cheaters. :glare:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Melee Fox wasn't too pretty either. Am personally even thinking Brawl Fox looks better.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I thought Brawl Captain Falcon was pretty ugly. It's like they went out of their way to add lots of little details just because they had better hardware or something, and it just looks like crap. Melee Falcon was better IN PRETTY MUCH EVERY WAY.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I think Fox's face was a combination of different looks Fox had in his games. If that is true, then Sakurai did probably have a hand in the awful direction that poor face went in.
I think it was based of Command's design which were butt ugly.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think Fox's face was a combination of different looks Fox had in his games. If that is true, then Sakurai did probably have a hand in the awful direction that poor face went in.
Wasn't he based off his Starfox Command design? So it wasn't really Sakurai's fault. He just went with the latest look... which... could... still be his fault for going for that design in the first place since Command wasn't a too well liked Starfox Game so far I know...

Ninja'd.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Wasn't he based off his Starfox Command design? So it wasn't really Sakurai's fault. He just went with the latest look... which... could... still be his fault for going for that design in the first place since Command wasn't a too well liked Starfox Game so far I know...

Ninja'd.
As TVTropes pointed out, "Star Fox Command received better scores the Assault, but you will be hard pressed to find a Star Fox fan who prefers Command to Assault."

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Last time I checked Roy and Ghirahim were tied.

Roy's climbing up!

EDIT: Huzzah! Isaac is only two votes behind Waluigi! He shall take his rightful place soon!
The more interesting thing going on in the poll right now is that Roy and Ghirahim are tied with Palutena, and Bowser Jr. is close behind. Palutena used to the be the solid 7th (ignoring WAAA) in the poll. However, that entire group is still miles behind Isaac.

I would say overall the Western Top 6 for Smash 4 is Mega Man, Mewtwo, Ridley, Little Mac, K. Rool, and Isaac and it makes sense. Little Mac and Isaac are seen as the main protagonists for Nintendo's most popular C-list series, Mega Man is a video game icon, Ridley and K. Rool are seen as the main villains for two of Nintendo's more popular franchises, and Mewtwo is one of the most popular characters from Nintendo's biggest fracnhise next to Mario.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Afrodude, Waluigi is literally trollbait. That's why. Am not really seeing which other character would have troll-based popularity. Though I do suppose Waluigi has a few legit fans.

Am just remembered by this one thread we had a year or so back.

We had votes which characters should be in Smash 4. 5 characters per day, and the Top 10 only had one vote a day per member. Waluigi BARELY made the Top 10, but when he did, people came out of nowhere to vote for him.

So I have my reasons to think the way I do about Waluigi support. I might've forgiven, but I won't forget you damn cheaters. :glare:
I know he's trollbait. It's just that anyone can just vote for a character but not want them for any reason what so ever, except get them as high as possible on the poll and mess with results. I'm sure the majority of voters on forums and etc wouldn't do this but it's that easy. And no one would know the difference between a real vote and a troll one.

Except Waluigi of course.

bobadz

Smash Ace
To get back somewhat on topic, which characters do you think will have original designs? Like Shiek and the Star Fox crew in Brawl?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To get back somewhat on topic, which characters do you think will have original designs? Like Shiek and the Star Fox crew in Brawl?
Well if they don't go with the Wind Waker or Ocarina of Time (or Twilight Princess) designs, Sheik and Ganondorf I guess, probably made to look as if they came from Skyward Sword. :/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik's wasn't quite original though. It was based on leftover art from Twilight Princess. As Sheik herself was planned to appear in that game.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Sheik's wasn't quite original though. It was based on leftover art from Twilight Princess. As Sheik herself was planned to appear in that game.
I know that. I consider it original since it was unused in Twilight Princess.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
That depends on a lot of things. If Link and Zelda use their SS designs and Sheik stays then it's likely Ganondorf and Sheik will get new designs. Whatever retro character gets picked will likely get a new design(except possibly Takamaru).

Hyrule Historia says the design was made for Brawl IIRC.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No it was made for Twilight Princess. Sheik was to appear in Twilight Princess.

D

Deleted member

Smash should just use original designs for everyone if possible.
Most of Brawl's characters don't match their other appearances already.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
If Mach Rider ever made it to the roster I wonder if he would have the re-design Sakurai made for his Melee trophy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Hyrule Historia also mentions that sheik is not a literal transformation into a male, like a lot of people though.

But disguising herself as a male. In the manga, it goes a little further having impa put zelda in a hypnotic trance and having the personality of a male placed in her. Though that would be very confusing because I'm sure sheik saw their own body

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
D

Deleted member

I think Hyrule Historia also mentions that sheik is not a literal transformation into a male, like a lot of people though.

But disguising herself as a male. In the manga, it goes a little further having impa put zelda in a hypnotic trance and having the personality of a male placed in her. Though that would be very confusing because I'm sure sheik saw their own body
Perhaps the trance included a reversed belief on what is male and female? :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom