• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since64

Smash Cadet
I think that might be the issue, that's gonna be pricey anywhere you look!
200 dollars is not PRICEY, we've slipped head on into LARCENY by that point.

Also, I support game developers. Buying used hurts them. I don't even sell the games I hate like *shudder* Other M....

Oh god, please don't let Adam Malkovich be a character

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Well, with MegaMan 9 I get the whole "we remember the fans thing" but when they do it AGAIN for MegaMan 10 it seems like they don't want to spend the time and money on him.
MegaMan 9 received generally warm reception, I don't realy find it weird that they did it again.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Also, I support game developers. Buying used hurts them. I don't even sell the games I hate like *shudder* Other M....

I disagree that it hurts the developer as they've already received profit for that game, and given the limited available number of copies these days for NES - GCN games, I don't feel the correlation. Besides, used game sales technically can indirectly boost the sales:

For example, if someone buys a game, and proceeds to Let's Play it, it can be considered (and does work as) a form of advertisement. People will then follow the series and buy the games on VC or whatever if it interests them.

I just don't get an aversion to buying used GCN games, when that's the best option right now with no VC. Besides, not supporting used games supports Microsoft's new evil device, but that's not what the topic is about, I've steered off topic too much already.

D

Deleted member

Banjodorf said:
I just don't get an aversion to buying used GCN games, when that's the best option right now with no VC. Besides, not supporting used games supports Microsoft's new evil device, but that's not what the topic is about, I've steered off topic too much already.
Is it true about Microsoft's new console or is it still a rumor? Because if it is true, then may the console burn to death.

*ends off-topic posts*

Since64

Smash Cadet
Super smash bros. fan. I agree with your tag almost entirely Except I think knuckles will com before tails does. Or shadow, god help us all.

D

Deleted member

Super smash bros. fan. I agree with your tag almost entirely Except I think knuckles will com before tails does. Or shadow, god help us all.
Well I would certainly enjoy a roster with all Brawl vets plus my wish list. But knowing the situation, over half of these character will miss the boat (Deoxys, Ray, Tails, Bomberman and Slime unfortunately have no chance of getting in).

The only characters from my wish list that I do expect are King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Mega Man (and only if we get a new addition).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Is it true about Microsoft's new console or is it still a rumor? Because if it is true, then may the console burn to death.

*ends off-topic posts*
The same rumors keep popping up, and where there's smoke...

Also there was the Adam Oorthy twitter fiasco, where he basically said "Always on devices are awesome! People who can't afford Internet are terrible. Better pay your ISP bills!"

Anyway, yes, on-topic. My having Banjo in my sig isn't because I think he'll be there, but because he's my favorite character ever. If anybody wants to take a look at my wish list roster in the Roster Display thread, it covers everyone I'd ever want to see in Smash. Above it, though, is my real prediction, which is VERY different.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I hate to tell you this, but buying melee "new" now isn't going to get money to the developer anyway

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think I need to remind some of you guys what had this thread locked in the first place, right? Please try not to drift off-topic here.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The problem is that no-one here is willingly going off-topic. The discussions simply flow from one topic to the next without a discernable boundary.

Due to the absolute lack of information, I think you should go a little easy on us till E3.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Perhaps we should leave this thread be for now until we get some actual information and keep our discussions in the general discussion thread? Because at this rate we will continue going off topic with M&SGuy constantly warning us and locking and reopening the thread just because we have little to nothing to talk about here... Just saying... =/

I really can't wait for E3 so that we finally have something properly to talk about... ¬_¬

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Alright, I remember Sakurai mentioning that Pit's dual-blades were inspired by Darth Maul in the Nintendo Power interview, but this sounds like you're saying that Pit was added because Sakurai likes Star Wars (if that's not what you're saying, correct me please).
I was being facetious about the Star Wars part. It wasn't meant to come off the way you interpreted (my fault for leaving it too ambiguous). The point is that Pit was a popular request that coalesced with Sakurai's desire try something new; which happened to be inspired in small part by Star Wars.

I'm not really sure I follow you, and checking the above post it seems we agreed on "shoe-in" newcomers in Brawl anyway. I don't really believe in shoe-ins, but I do have a clear idea of most likely. I'd really like to hear whatever other reasons you've got to doubt the inclusion of K. Rool, Ridley and the others, because I see reasons, but nothing bigger than "Olimar is too small and Pikmin isn't important enough" that were thrown around pre-Brawl.
I don't doubt their inclusion. My discussion was about who qualifies as an absolute guarantee, to which I responded. It's all semantics anyways. I've just become a little more boisterous (and less ruminative) about my ideas the closer we draw to E3. In less then a month and a half, we'll have actual characters to talk about instead of this psuedo prognostication act some of us have been doing for too long.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't doubt their inclusion. My discussion was about who qualifies as an absolute guarantee, to which I responded. It's all semantics anyways. I've just become a little more boisterous (and less ruminative) about my ideas the closer we draw to E3. In less then a month and a half, we'll have actual characters to talk about instead of this psuedo prognostication act some of us have been doing for too long.
Fair enough. It is sort of the only thing to talk about these days. I'm getting to a point though where while I know some of my top picks aren't "shoe-ins" per se, I see their inclusion as likely enough it may as well not warrant discussion anymore. We just keep beating a dead horse all around, especially with characters like K. Rool, Mewtwo and Palutena. I never see contention for Takamaru anymore either. We REALLY need that E3 reveal...ho hum...

Also, I'm gonna agree that maybe lightening up on OT discussion would be good. It just kind of happens in conjunction with other topics in this thread, particularly rosters and games. (The discussion about used games started with the new guy saying he liked Olimar but never played Pikmin, etc.) Plus, we're hitting the bottom of the drum here waiting for actual character reveals.

It helps to stretch our horizons a bit :cool:

D

Deleted member

I was being facetious about the Star Wars part. It wasn't meant to come off the way you interpreted (my fault for leaving it too ambiguous). The point is that Pit was a popular request that coalesced with Sakurai's desire try something new; which happened to be inspired in small part by Star Wars.
Ah, ok.

I just wonder now if anything else Sakurai likes would influence other characters....

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ah, ok.

I just wonder now if anything else Sakurai likes would influence other characters....
Now I'm just waiting for Darth K. Rool. His DK64 breathing and voice were already sort of inspired by that it seems.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
>Dat moment in DK64 when you hear K.Rool's voice.

Really. Never been as motivated to kick some Nintendo villain's ass after this.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I also liked the Kremling's voices a lot.

Damn, I miss the Kremlings even more now...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Has there been an updated in Shortie's newcomer poll yet?
Last time I checked Roy and Ghirahim were tied.

Roy's climbing up!

EDIT: Huzzah! Isaac is only two votes behind Waluigi! He shall take his rightful place soon!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Swamp,

Thanks for the update, I am going to slow down my posts in here to avoid having problems like the one that got us locked up but I would like to check in here and there and keep up with the poll.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Waluigi's popularity is mostly based on troll votes though...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I guess it does fit.

But nothing beat AGFan's Melee Mewtwo model in Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ugh, he's even more ugly in 3D. The fingers and toes look like you could just squeeze them and they'd pop like some kind of sack filled with liquid

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wouldn't even be upset about this Mewtwo form being the only one playable. Or at least, it wouldn't upset me that much. But hopefully they'll use this oppertunity to revamp Mewtwo a great deal. Am probably most excited for that.

Also, here's hoping we get 2 forms of Mewtwo playable.

Imagine Sakurai already?

Sakurai: 'Since Mewtwo wasn't in Brawl, and we have this new forme of Mewtwo out there in Pokémon X and Y we figured it would be good to add both characters. You know, making up for Brawl's lack of Mewtwo. [laughs]'

Made this joke before, but still... :rolleyes:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I agree with Vintage Creep (besides the sprite bit).

You guys really shouldn't be looking at a fanmade 3D model in order to get an idea of how Mewzora/Newtwo would look like in smash 4. I'm sure he'd look miles better than that in the actual game (assuming he'd be playable of course).

Unless you hate how he looks to begin with.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think his logic would be more like: This new guy IS Mewtwo, let's just add him because it covers Mewtwo and a new pokemon

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well I like it.

That picture is a bit harsh on it's facial features. It's much more round and subtle.

Would prefer transformation instead of FS.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think they got the arms all wrong

They used more like real life proportions when Mewthree has much thicker arms at the end

D

Deleted member

As much as I would not like this to be the only form Mewtwo uses in Smash 4, having him exclusively in this form makes some sense, as it kills two birds with one stone; a "newer" Pokémon and Mewtwo's return.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, considering that Mewthree isn't a large character, it's guaranteed to at least be better than Melee Mewtwo if it gets in, since as of now, large characters not named Dedede or Snake have a pretty bad track record in Smash.

That said, I'd still prefer it be a transformation/Final Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom