• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yes, in a gloriously nostalgic kind of way. That place was so ugly it was beautiful. How I miss those days... And my rank...

Lucario holds his own and the new guy is an extension of Mewtwo as far as we know. So in the end what does it really matter? We have Lucario, we have psychic floating cat fetus, which is what most of us were wanting and expecting to begin with. Whether Mewtwo's tail is attached to his head or his pelvic region, I really don't care.
Oh, hey!! Then we're on the same page man. That's all I'm saying really.

I'm saying we're getting a floating cat fetus too. I'm just saying we're more likely to get it with it's NEW look, whether it be the same mon or a new one. Ultimately it's the same concept.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yes, in a gloriously nostalgic kind of way. That place was so ugly it was beautiful. How I miss those days... And my rank...
lol, I was a plumber back on NS. I know what ya mean though, but still glad those rank days are gone for me.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I agree, but was Wolf really last minute?
Sadly, yes. I'm hoping Wolf acquires Solid Snake's specials bar the Cypher once he is removed from the next game, except with the weaponry from Star Fox: Assault.

I'm saying we're getting a floating cat fetus too. I'm just saying we're more likely to get it with it's NEW look, whether it be the same mon or a new one. Ultimately it's the same concept.
Yeah, we seem to have this perpetual problem of arguing from different sides of the same road. lol

lol, I was a plumber back on NS. I know what ya mean though, but still glad those rank days are gone for me.
Oh crap!!! That explains why your name has always been slightly familiar! Wow, I actually remember reading your posts. I was one of those young whipper-snapper posters trying to act like all of the "cool kids."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IGN's comment on Blastoise makes me think they are stupid

D

Deleted member

I plan on looking at seinen eventually (as well as shoujo and maybe josei as well). Message to Adolf is one seinen manga I'm planning to read eventually.My family and friends say I'm outgoing, but I noticed that I mainly communicate with others throughout the Internet. I also notice that I don't really ask to go out with friends very often and get most of my entertainment out of my electronic devices.

So, kinda conflicted with that question, although I don't try to shy away from new people.

@ChronoBound: The question was directed at ManlySpirit.
Hmm, well I'll just wait to get to know you a little better before I decide. Perhaps you could be a sort of young Simon (TTGL)...

As for Seinen manga, you gotta read Berserk and Monster. Those are the Pinnacle of Manga. Also Battle Angel Alita if you're into hard-core scifi.

A sign of the End Times.

(An earlier sign of the End Times was me putting out a positive word for a female FE character earlier today. :troll: )
Don't forget I also said Roy and Lyn stand on equal ground.

I've haven't changed my stance on Lyn, I've always said she has a slim shot but I still support the character.

Yeah, we seem to have this perpetual problem of arguing from different sides of the same road. lol
Hey, great minds think alike buddy.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Don't forget I also said Roy and Lyn stand on equal ground.

I've haven't changed my stance on Lyn, I've always said she has a slim shot but I still support the character.
Though you also said Roy would definitely be added back in if DLC happens. That is not equal ground. :troll:

I wish we had more moments we are:

And less:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well at this point, Manly has a point about Lyn and Roy being treading on the same ground. What I mean is that nothing (I repeat, NOTHING) is guaranteed at all, so saying that character X is more likely then character Y is a sign of bias and not fact.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Zoroark, Smash4.

There's a point to be made somewhere in there.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well at this point, Manly has a point about Lyn and Roy being treading on the same ground. What I mean is that nothing (I repeat, NOTHING) is guaranteed at all, so saying that character X is more likely then character Y is a sign of bias and not fact.
Duck Hunt Dog is as likely as Takamaru confirmed. :troll:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Man I'm going on a Pokemon diet after all of this until we get some more concrete evidence.

Assuming it's a new form, I'm still betting on regular Mewtwo with the new form being a Final Smash. But assuming it's a new Pokemon entirely I'm still going to bet regular Mewtwo. Given the differences between each form I don't see an alternate costume working and therefore both coexisting together bar the FS factor, and like Saki & Isa/Issac & Matthew I do think Sakurai would go with what's familiar as default. They both could be Mewtwo, but they're both not on the same playing field iconic-wise and possibly moveset-wise I guess.

I don't dislike whatever was revealed, but this is what I currently think with what's been shown so far. Also sorry if I'm now off topic, I really was confused at what everyone was saying and I felt the need to post this so I myself can be more firm in my beliefs.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of Miku, I wonder if she will wind up being that chosen DLC for Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. I could happen since the game had a Japanese release.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Duck Hunt Dog is as likely as Takamaru confirmed. :troll:
Though I do not like the idea of the dog from Duck Hunt, I'm not going to deny the character has absolutely no chance. Likewise, I don't think Takamaru is exactly 100% guaranteed ether.

Again, at this point we can only make rough guesses from varies material, but those guesses are not solidifying anything and are simply theories.

D

Deleted member

Though I do not like the idea of the dog from Duck Hunt, I'm not going to deny the character has absolutely no chance. Likewise, I don't think Takamaru is exactly 100% guaranteed ether.

Again, at this point we can only make rough guesses from varies material, but those guesses are not solidifying anything and are simply theories.
I'm gonna love it if Smash 4 is a reboot and we get 30 characters with the usual staples and completely different faces than what people expected to get.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would actually like the idea of Super Smash Bros. having less characters and instead focus on balancing. It's one of the reasons why I like the concept of a "condensed" roster of around 20 with only one representative for each franchise.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Krystal compared to Lyn, I would say Krystal has the fact that she has really no competition from her own franchise, as well as more popularity. Although my polls aren't in the millions, they're a general sign of popularity within the Smash community itself.

I don't think either have an awesome chance, but I would expect to see Krystal before Lyn, truth be told.

D

Deleted member

Krystal compared to Lyn, I would say Krystal has the fact that she has really no competition from her own franchise, as well as more popularity. Although my polls aren't in the millions, they're a general sign of popularity within the Smash community itself.

I don't think either have an awesome chance, but I would expect to see Krystal before Lyn, truth be told.
I would expect the same thing tbh. The FE roster is too cluttered, and both Chrom and Roy stand in her way really. Her only merit is her gameplay potential.

Whereas Krystal stands above her competitors.

The difference being SF has a very low chance of seeing a new rep this time around. I'm actually pushing for having Falco removed.

As for the polls. I was just trying to debunk the whole "this character is popular and thus deserves to be in" bs. It's a factor, but not THE determining factor like some people seem to think.

What game is she from
Boku no Idolm@ster.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Ah, I see
wait pokemon theory
mewnew looks like buu, and since it looks young, it would be kid buu,

looking up buu on wikipedia, it says kid buu was being trained by goku, and it is accurate to say mewtwo is pokemon's goku

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I don't think Krystal should get in, because 3 StarFox reps is enough. And I don't think she should replace Falco or Wolf.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Miku's actually a Vocaloid. A voice synthesis software. I've posted videos of her songs before.

peeup

Smash Lord
The difference being SF has a very low chance of seeing a new rep this time around. I'm actually pushing for having Falco removed.
Curious, what's your rational for wanting Falco removed instead of Wolf? Not criticizing as I don't have an opinion on the matter, but I feel like having Wolf removed is the obvious choice as he's not as much as a veteran.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
because 3 StarFox reps is enough.
We could add one new character to each franchise already in Smash (with few exceptions) and it would not be overrrepreasentation. Which seems to be your silly worry. Think of characters as characters, not as REPS. This is a fighting game, not Nintendo's house of representatives.

D

Deleted member

Ah, I see
wait pokemon theory
mewnew looks like buu, and since it looks young, it would be kid buu,

looking up buu on wikipedia, it says kid buu was being trained by goku, and it is accurate to say mewtwo is pokemon's goku
Goku never trained Buu, He trained Uub which was his pupil and successor and the reincarnation of Buu as per Goku's wish during their fight. The God's granted Goku's request and reincarnated Buu as a little black boy.

Majin Buu is still alive as fat Buu and is Mr. Satan's bro.

The Manga ends with Goku meeting Uub, fighting with him in a tournament and then leaving his friends behind to train him.

GT never happened.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The main reason why Manly wants to cut Falco is because he feels as though Falco is an unoriginal clone. Personally I find Falco to be better then Fox in both Melee and (obviously) Brawl, but I'm not going to pick fights with him over opinions.

D

Deleted member

Curious, what's your rational for wanting Falco removed instead of Wolf? Not criticizing as I don't have an opinion on the matter, but I feel like having Wolf removed is the obvious choice as he's not as much as a veteran.
Falco is a clone Wolf is an original character.

Falco is just that "cool guy" and a sidekick, and is over all rather uninteresting as a character.

Wolf is Fox's rival, is much more cool, has a better fighting style and more potential in moves, AND is the leader of his own team.

The only reason I wanted Falco to stay back in Brawl days was because my best bro mained him. Now he mains Wolf, so Falco can **** off.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
ya, basically people on kotaku said mewnew looked like buu, so

looks like I just misread that
never watch dbz until about this month

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Don't remove Falco or Wolf! The only character in Smash history that deserved removal was Pichu. The Wii U disk can hold 25 Gigabytes, so there's plenty of room for characters, stages, music, and other stuff.
As for the 3DS's 8 Gigabytes, well, they can be scaled down if you want the exact same game, or content removed if you don't want the exact same game.

peeup

Smash Lord
Don't remove Falco or Wolf! The only character in Smash history that deserved removal was Pichu. The Wii U disk can hold 25 Gigabytes, so there's plenty of room for characters, stages, music, and other stuff.
As for the 3DS's 8 Gigabytes, well, they can be scaled down if you want the exact same game, or content removed if you don't want the exact same game.
Pichu deserved to stay more than any of the clones.

D

Deleted member

Have fun balancing the game bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom