• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Difference with Ganon is that he's more important to the Zelda series than Falco is to StarFox. Ganondorf is part of the Triforce Trio and the embodiment of evil. Plus he has much more moveset potential than Falco, we already have many Mix-Up characters in Smash, Wolf being one of them, and having the benefit of also being NotFox, even moreso than Falco.

There's also the argument that Zelda is more important than SF and that SF is over-represented in Smash.
Why do people want a whole lot of cuts when they could just make that character less cloney? Even if characters are slightly clonish, why does it matter? Several other games have characeters like that too. Take Ryu and Ken from Street fighter for example. The only one that I agree probably should be removed is Toon link because I don't really think he's necessary with Link already in the game. But when it comes to characters who are their own separate character I say leave them in as they were obviously important enough to their own series to get in.

Secondly, the star Fox being less important than Zelda argument doesn't really do anything because they still have 2 less characters than the Zelda franchise has in smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just want more female/non-sword weilding FE reps.

:phone:
That's not going to happen. It's better to just want more female/non-sword wielding Nintendo characters who are actually important in their respective franchises.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Chrom>Lucina>Micaiah>Lyn>Red Haired Marth Clone

Chrom is the big male choice.

Lucina would be the big female choice if she was not a female Marth clone

Micaiah is female, recent, and different class

Lyn is only relevant becuase of being DLC but she make more sense than the R GUY

The clone is only "relevant" because of DLC and his obsessed fanbase
More like (I have no desire to start a Chrom/Roy discussion so I'll put them as equal right now for the sake of the top five) Chrom = Roy >>>>>>>>>> those three girls. And that's not counting Marth and Ike.

Being top 5 in one series means nothing, like Opossum said. Peppy is in the top five for Starfox, but does that mean **** all? No. Funky is in the top five for DK, does that mean anything? The only FE characters that have a chance are (other than Marth) Ike, Roy, and Chrom. Not because the others are bad choices that wouldn't work in Smash and have absolutely no popularity or anything, but because Ike/Roy/Chrom are just significantly more popular/relevant/likely, and there are only a limited amount of spots FE (like all series) will be getting. Being in the Top 5 would only be helpful if Sakurai was planning to add 5+ new FE characters, which is ludicrous.

No one is pretending Roy is more currently relevant than other FE characters, but he is more popular, and if Sakurai wanted a relevant choice it would be Chrom, not Micaiah, not Lyn, not anybody except a character from the most recent FE. If he wanted a popular choice it would be Roy. (All of this not counting Ike)

Also, gender means nothing.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
While it's true Super Smash Bros. can be a gateway franchise that opens up opportunities for other franchises out there (Ask Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus), but at the same time there shouldn't be a sole focus on them. Super Smash Bros. is fundamentally a game where Nintendo's All-Stars come together and beat each other up to a bloody pulp, but to clog it up with the small stuff might give off the wrong vibe. As a general rule you should balance the big with the small to give off a good sense of balance.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That's not going to happen. It's better to just want more female/non-sword wielding Nintendo characters who are actually important in their respective franchises.
True, but that isn't much; now is it???
I'll take them from which ever series has them

I just get right to the point and don't beat around the bush/tell people things to their faces that I wouldn't say behind their backs. Shouldn't we all?

@Sniper. Saying that Micaiah has more of a chance than Roy due to completely biased opinions isn't really helping your case. Roy is, at the moment, the second most requested character in Japan after Mewtwo, and is definitely in the Top 10 for the West as well. That puts Micaiah to shame.

Still waiting on the Suda is friends with Sakurai source...
But what have Roy done recently to even make his make sense to return in Smash Bros 4? Being like $5 DLC in Awakening? Is that it? Popularity can help him get in sure, but why over the likes of people who are actually relevant in the recent Fire Emblems. Like Micaiah, Sheeda, Chrom, and Lucina?

Micaiah is at least more relevant to the newer games, being in the big Wii release. She also has that popularity you speak of, especially in Japan. I am not guaranteeing her but a lot of people are just counting her out so they can have their precious Roy back (and this is coming from a Melee Roy fan).

Also, I have only heard that they are friends. But that still doesn't excludethat he has said he would like to see Travis Touchdown in. And if he is vocal about it, he could very well go to Nintendo to ask for it. Unlike other 3rd party companies........Capcom.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
How is Roy being DLC from the most recent game in the series (and one of the best selling ones) not contributing at all to relevance?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
She also has that popularity you speak of, especially in Japan. QUOTE]

About that Japan thing, you do know Japan wants Roy and Chrom far, far more than they do Micaiah right? You cite Japanese popularity for Micaiah but forget the two mountains towering over her. Roy has popularity, Melee veteran status, and almost making it in Brawl going for him, while Chrom has true "relevancy" (his game has not even been released internationally yet).

Also, six years ago is not "relevant", no matter how much you wish it to be.

How is Roy being DLC from the most recent game in the series (and one of the best selling ones) not contributing at all to relevance?
Because he wasn't actually in the game. He was just DLC.

His actual game was like 11-12 years ago.

@ChronoBound: Sure, but that doesn't count her out. She is still relevant as they usually look at the past gen for most characters reps, outside of retro. And that is where her game was, Radiant Dawn. She is still as relevant as Marth's games.

@N3ON: Chrom or Roy getting in doesn't guarantee that they would be the only new rep. Ike is not a for sure return. Those "three girls" still stand a chance of getting in, maybe not as much but they are still there for choices.

Roy is popular but that is basically all he has going for him. How are we going to make him different than Marth? He is the same weight and class type as him. At least Chrom and Ike are different. And the three women are as well.

If anything Roy should be an alt character for Marth and put Micaiah and Chrom on the roster. Either that or make him DLC, and being popular, people would buy it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This whole relevancy thing kinda jerks me the wrong way, since it feels like one big double standard.

"King K. Rool hasn't appeared since 2008, so that means he's not relevant and won't appear"
"Takamaru hasn't had a new game in almost 30 years, but that's okay since he's retro"
"Genesect will appear because he is relevant, whether you like it or not."

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@ChronoBound: Sure, but that doesn't count her out. She is still relevant as they usually look at the past gen for most characters reps, outside of retro. And that is where her game was, Radiant Dawn. She is still as relevant as Marth's games.
Radiant Dawn had content in Brawl. Trophies, stickers, and music. It was the most recent game when Brawl was released (FE10 was released nearly a full year before Brawl). Its not recent.

You also say Lyn is more likely than Roy despite her game of origin only being one year younger than Roy's game, yet she was nothing more than DLC for FE13 just like Roy and Micaiah (and every other lord not named Sigurd, Eliwood, or Hector).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But what have Roy done recently to even make his make sense to return in Smash Bros 4? Being like $5 DLC in Awakening? Is that it? Popularity can help him get in sure, but why over the likes of people who are actually relevant in the recent Fire Emblems. Like Micaiah, Sheeda, Chrom, and Lucina?
Why does it matter? Being DLC at all shows his significance.

Micaiah is at least more relevant to the newer games, being in the big Wii release. She also has that popularity you speak of, especially in Japan. I am not guaranteeing her but a lot of people are just counting her out so they can have their precious Roy back (and this is coming from a Melee Roy fan).
So...you're saying that the game that starred Ike would help Micaiah get in? And that they would look at that game over Awakening, where she is on the same level as Roy? Being DLC? Whole lotta contradictions here. Japan wants Roy, and some expect Chrom. Micaiah really isn't popular over there. Her chance came and went.

Also, I have only heard that they are friends. But that still doesn't exclude that he has said he would like to see Travis Touchdown in. And if he is vocal about it, he could very well go to Nintendo to ask for it. Unlike other 3rd party companies........Capcom.
Of course a person would want their character in Smash. It makes them money. Most people like money. However, it was more of an off-hand comment than anything. Due to his low Smash popularity, Sakurai more than likely, no, definitely, wouldn't make the effort to get him in.

Still waiting on an actual source other than hearsay. It's like the Mickey Mouse guy all over again...

D

Deleted member

I just get right to the point and don't beat around the bush/tell people things to their faces that I wouldn't say behind their backs. Shouldn't we all?

@Sniper. Saying that Micaiah has more of a chance than Roy due to completely biased opinions isn't really helping your case. Roy is, at the moment, the second most requested character in Japan after Mewtwo, and is definitely in the Top 10 for the West as well. That puts Micaiah to shame.

Still waiting on the Suda is friends with Sakurai source...
Well we've been over this with him before already, but his views still have a degree of bias. Treading over the same route once again just leads to monotony. Just let the guy have his opinions and you keep yours, agree to disagree that's all. That's what I did with him back when it was Lyn vs. Michaia.

Why do people want a whole lot of cuts when they could just make that character less cloney? Even if characters are slightly clonish, why does it matter? Several other games have characeters like that too. Take Ryu and Ken from Street fighter for example. The only one that I agree probably should be removed is Toon link because I don't really think he's necessary with Link already in the game. But when it comes to characters who are their own separate character I say leave them in as they were obviously important enough to their own series to get in.

Secondly, the star Fox being less important than Zelda argument doesn't really do anything because they still have 2 less characters than the Zelda franchise has in smash.
I'll just repost the roster from a couple pages back:

This is what I see as the roster. Zelda loses a rep too. 3 Zelda reps 2 Starfox reps.

I feel Ryu and Ken argument is a bad argument, as it's the Clones that make SF and MK inferior to other fighters like GG and BB. Roster diversity is always a good thing. Seeing a roster filled with a bunch of different characters that all LOOK and PLAY differently is always better than a roster filled with "slightly different version of that same guy." Sure you could make them different, but that's a whole lot of work that could go to revamping other members and a whole slot that could go to a new character. Not to mention, a good way to avoid boring "Brawl Expansion" rosters is by cutting certain characters. That way you retain the identity and uniqueness of the predecessor, and also leave room for excitement in future installments.

The best candidates for cuts, are obviously the clones, semi-clones, and redundant characters.

With Toon Link we're on the same page, also, our cartoonified Link is not that relevant anymore, at least from my point of view.

With Falco it's because I feel 3 Starfox reps is overkill, and if we're gonna cut one, cutting Falco is better than cutting Wolf.

With Lucas it's because Ness is rather low tier in ALL 3 Smash Bros. games and he could use the tools to become a better Zoner. So instead of having 2 mediocre characters that play similarly, why not take the strengths of both to make them into one GOOD character. Lucas can be an Alt. costume for him.

Feels

Smash Cadet
Because he wasn't actually in the game. He was just DLC.

His actual game was like 11-12 years ago.
That doesn't matter. What matters is that he actually had an appearance, and at time when he's the most popular character for getting in. They could easily take his new outfit and incorporate him into the game.

Also I don't see a problem with having a Marth/Roy/possibly Ike/Character that's actually relevant in the newer FB games for a Fire Emblem set-up.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Micaiah is from the same game Ike was so her chance has pretty much passed with Sakurai choosing him over her. A series like Fire Emblem should encompass characters from several different games seeing as there are a total of 15 games in the series(I think). The difference between this series and one like Pokemon is that those characters always carry over to the next series. Fire Emblem doesn't do that so it's only fair that they represent it by putting characters from different games in. Roy has the luxury of being a smash vet which is a great deal of why people want him in.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Also, I have only heard that they are friends. But that still doesn't excludethat he has said he would like to see Travis Touchdown in. And if he is vocal about it, he could very well go to Nintendo to ask for it. Unlike other 3rd party companies........Capcom.
Problem is so many other developers have also expressed interest in smash bros. not just suda.creater suggestions from megaman to m bison, to heihachi and lloyd and ray man and bayonetta. A developer expressing interest does not warrant them the spot

Radiant Dawn had content in Brawl. Trophies, stickers, and music. It was the most recent game when Brawl was released (FE10 was released nearly a full year before Brawl). Its not recent.

You also say Lyn is more likely than Roy despite her game of origin only being one year younger than Roy's game, yet she was nothing more than DLC for FE13 just like Roy and Micaiah (and every other lord not named Sigurd, Eliwood, or Hector).
It was still "too new" since they were mainly looking at the Gamecube and GBA for reps, not so much DS and no Wii whatsoever. It didn't get a character.

Now, for SSB4, they will mainly be looking at the Wii and DS, with some 3DS and potential Wii U.

It is recent in terms of the gen, not the year.

As for Lyn, I think she would still be a good choice to rep the DLC side of Awakening. And unlike Roy, she would be different. She has two swords now.

:awesome:

@3Bismyname: No it doesn't, I agree, but it helps. Who gets in may very well depend on who comes to Nintendo or who Nintendo goes to.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Also, six years ago is not "relevant", no matter how much you wish it to be.
This. I believe the "relevancy" factor only applies to post-Brawl games between January 31, 2008 (Brawl release in Japan) to MAYBE December 31, 2012 (I'm assuming Sakurai finished deciding on the SSB4 roster at this point).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
While it's true Super Smash Bros. can be a gateway franchise that opens up opportunities for other franchises out there (Ask Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus), but at the same time there shouldn't be a sole focus on them. Super Smash Bros. is fundamentally a game where Nintendo's All-Stars come together and beat each other up to a bloody pulp, but to clog it up with the small stuff might give off the wrong vibe. As a general rule you should balance the big with the small to give off a good sense of balance.
Someone gets it!

I just hope there people who think that way on the dev team

This. The "relevancy" only applies to post-Brawl games between January 31, 2008 (Brawl release in Japan) to MAYBE December 31, 2012 (I'm assuming Sakurai finished deciding on the SSB4 roster at this point).
Agreed

As for Fire Emblem, a lot of lords are DLC now. They are in that relevancy position.

However, that doesn't guarantee any of them being higher choices that the others. Roy might get in, he might not. Micaiah might get in, she might not. Lyn might get in, she might not. We don't know. But they are all still likely, from Micaiah and Lyn to Roy and Ike.

But Chrom should stand the most chance since he was actually from the game. They didn't have to bring him back.

@Habanaro: Agreed, balance them. You can't go all big franchises and leave out the small. But you also can't go all small and leave the bigger franchises from newer reps.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, be serious. Do you really think that Lyn and Micaiah are on the same level of likeliness as Roy and Ike? Let's not be foolish...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, I see the problem now. Just asking. Can you make a cohesive list of reasons for and against the four? Just so I can see your viewpoint.

Hard Mode: No bias.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

@N3ON: Chrom or Roy getting in doesn't guarantee that they would be the only new rep. Ike is not a for sure return. Those "three girls" still stand a chance of getting in, maybe not as much but they are still there for choices.

Roy is popular but that is basically all he has going for him. How are we going to make him different than Marth? He is the same weight and class type as him. At least Chrom and Ike are different. And the three women are as well.

If anything Roy should be an alt character for Marth and put Micaiah and Chrom on the roster. Either that or make him DLC, and being popular, people would buy it.
When has Sakurai not looked towards the most recent or future FE for the "relevant" rep? Why would he look back not one, not two, but four games for a rep when he has a perfectly, highly more popular, highly more relevant character in Chrom?

It's also pretty unlikely we get more than one FE newcomer, but it's so abundantly clear that if we get two new reps it'll almost definitely be Chrom and Roy, as it covers both the relevant and popularity bases, and chooses the best choice from each.

Also, you thinking Roy is doomed to be a Marth clone but Lucina isn't is hilarious. If you want to know how Roy could be an original character, go to the Roy thread and read it.

Also, the reason Sakurai goes back to the previous generation for representation is because that is generally the latest game he has a lot of content to work with during the development times of whichever game he's working on. During Melee's development, SM64 was the most recent "main" Mario game, it got the representation, same with Sunshine and Brawl's development. OoT and MM were the latest games to feature Adult and Child Links, thus they were featured in Melee. Same with TP and WW in Brawl. Diamond and Pearl were the most recent Pokemon games, they got the stage based on their game. Sakurai has had three subsequent FE games to take material from since Radiant Dawn, during SSB4's development it will not be the most recent. In a series without a static cast and with constant releases, a 6 year old game is hardly still relevant.

Well we've been over this with him before already, but his views still have a degree of bias. Treading over the same route once again just leads to monotony. Just let the guy have his opinions and you keep yours, agree to disagree that's all. That's what I did with him back when it was Lyn vs. Michaia.

With Falco it's because I feel 3 Starfox reps is overkill, and if we're gonna cut one, cutting Falco is better than cutting Wolf.

With Lucas it's because Ness is rather low tier in ALL 3 Smash Bros. games and he could use the tools to become a better Zoner. So instead of having 2 mediocre characters that play similarly, why not take the strengths of both to make them into one GOOD character. Lucas can be an Alt. costume for him.
If we didn't debate others' opinions, this thread would look like the Roster Prediction Display thread where we're allowed a single post to share our opinions and that's it. :rolleyes:

Falco: If Sakurai thought 3 SF reps were overkill, Brawl's roster wouldn't be the way it was. He doesn't share your opinion.

Lucas: Tier positions are hardly something Sakurai is going to definitively cut a character for. Plus, Lucas still has a fair amount of popularity, and it's not like Mother has a more deserving/more likely character atm.

Especially for Roy :awesome:
Wow.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, be serious. Do you really think that Lyn and Micaiah are on the same level of likeliness as Roy and Ike? Let's not be foolish...
Lyn vs. Roy is debatable, she was an assist trophy in a game where he didn't appear. Now Roy was SUPPOSEDLY meant to be in Brawl, we know he was planned and cut, that's all. That's where the majority of that debate falls. Now Roy has a much larger and vocal fanbase than Lyn, and that support is a huge leg up, but support alone isn't enough to get in Smash (unless you're Sonic). Lyn has the benefit of being a fresh new character, and allowing for a more diverse and interesting moveset and playstyle than Roy.

As a Lyn supporter I have to admit that if it really comes down to it, Roy would probably stand a better chance of getting in, simply out of support. It all depends though on whether Sakurai decides to bring back cut characters or not. Backlash and all those arguments aside, it is still a possibility he might just stick a big middle finger to the fanbases and let them stay cut to explore new options.

Ultimately, I think the whole debate is redundant as neither is getting in. However, saying that Roy>>>>>>>Lyn is a stretch, they're much closer than you think.

Edit:
@N3ON

I know Sakurai doesn't share my opinions :sadface:

But maybe with Namco working on balance they'll try to do something about the clones. Still if we look at cuts those are the most likely choices. Also StarFox was more relevant during Brawl times with Command recently coming out and Assult not too far back, so the argument was better then. Also Falco and a SF newcomer were both wanted in, now there is more dissent for all 3 SF characters thanks to their likeness in Brawl, so Falco does have a chance of being cut.

I know we're supposed to debate, but we've had this exact discussion like... 30 pages back. That's all I'm saying.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think that Marth and Chrom are going to be the first Fire Emblem characters added to SSB4 roster. If Sakurai needs to add more characters to buff the roster, he will most likely look back to Brawl for characters he originally cut from SSB4. And then Ike will be added... and if he still needs more characters, he will look further back to Melee and add Roy.

Ok, I just want to say this

No one can guarantee who will get in and who won't. No characters are even guaranteed yet, we don't know what Sakurai will do in the end. I am just listing characters I believe are some of the best choices for the game. Be real, we all are. We list and speculate but we can't guarantee. I am not guaranteeing Micaiah, I am just saying she is still a good choice that makes sense.

However, I also have to say this

People are overrating the chance Roy will be brought back and Ike sticking around. They are also underrating the chance of a Micaiah, Lyn, Sheeda, Sothe, Lucina, Paris, etc in the game.

Chrom is the only one everyone seems to be together on.

In the end, we just need a Fire Emblem Smash Bros. With all of the lords and a ton of side characters. Micaiah, Roy, Lyn, Sothe, Leaf, Sigurd, Sheeda, Ike, Chrom, Lucina, Hector, etc.

@NEON: I know Lucina would be a Marth clone, I just didn't want to say it since everyone knows.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes, it's fine to have opinions, but you are not explaining how Ike and Roy are below the others in terms of chances. That's what you need to get others to come close to believing you. N3ON said it better than I could right now.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also just for clarification, waifu pandering is not an excuse to include a character. It never was, and it never will. So thinking otherwise will lead to disappointment, and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Justing saying this for the folks in general out there.

Yes, it's fine to have opinions, but you are not explaining how Ike and Roy are below the others in terms of chances. That's what you need to get others to come close to believing you. N3ON said it better than I could right now.
Here you go:

Ike makes sense since he is still recent in Radiant Dawn, was in Brawl, and is still around as DLC.

Roy makes sense from popularity and being DLC in Awakening.

I wouldn't say they are lower but I also wouldn't say they are higher either. They are almost equal to Micaiah and Lyn because of the same reasons.

Micaiah makes sense since she is still recent in Radiant Dawn, is still around as DLC, and is one of the more popular recent female characters.

Lyn makes sense from popularity and being DLC in Awakening.

Ike is to Micaiah what Roy is to Lyn.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Ok, I just want to say this

No one can guarantee who will get in and who won't. No characters are even guaranteed yet, we don't know what Sakurai will do in the end. I am just listing characters I believe are some of the best choices for the game. Be real, we all are. We list and speculate but we can't guarantee.
I guarantee Pacman will be in the game :troll:

No seriously.

D

Deleted member

Also just for clarification, waifu pandering is not an excuse to include a character. It never was, and it never will. So thinking otherwise will lead to disappointment, and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Justing saying this for the folks in general out there.
Unless you're the lead developer behind BlazBlue and she happens to be your waifu. :troll:

Then you take away her dignity and make her look like this for some reason:

[COLLAPSE="Guess Who?"]
[/COLLAPSE]

@Moonmonkey

No you can't, don't lie.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
As a Lyn supporter I have to admit that if it really comes down to it, Roy would probably stand a better chance of getting in, simply out of support. It all depends though on whether Sakurai decides to bring back cut characters or not. Backlash and all those arguments aside, it is still a possibility he might just stick a big middle finger to the fanbases and let them stay cut to explore new options.
It's usually due to popularity from what I can tell. From this backlash, I can't see why he wouldn't bring back cut characters. Not doing so, would likely cause more backlash, especially if more characters are cut.

ManlySpirit said:
Ultimately, I think the whole debate is redundant as neither is getting in. However, saying that Roy>>>>>>>Lyn is a stretch, they're much closer than you think.
Proof? How can you say that? That neither are getting in? I remember way back when I was a confused speculator for Brawl, I kept saying Olimar and Toon Link, would never be in smash, and that Bowser Jr., Krystal, and Ridley were definately going to be in Brawl. I was so very wrong. Without proof it can't really be said that a character will definately not be in, especially among a very likely choice(Roy), and a decent replacement if the former does not make it in(Lyn).
ManlySpirit said:
I know we're supposed to debate, but we've had this exact discussion like... 30 pages back. That's all I'm saying.
It saddens me to see redundant stuff on here everytime. :(
I know your pain.

DragonSniperNintendo said:
Ike is to Micaiah what Roy is to Lyn.
...so Ike might be Micaiah's son? :troll:

It's usually due to popularity from what I can tell. From this backlash, I can't see why he wouldn't bring back cut characters. Not doing so, would likely cause more backlash, especially if more characters are cut.

Proof? How can you say that? That neither are getting in? I remember way back when I was a confused speculator for Brawl, I kept saying Olimar and Toon Link, would never be in smash, and that Bowser Jr., Krystal, and Ridley were definately going to be in Brawl. I was so very wrong. Without proof it can't really be said that a character will definately not be in, especially among a very likely choice(Roy), and a decent replacement if the former does not make it in(Lyn).

It saddens me to see redundant stuff on here everytime. :(
I know your pain.

...so Ike might be Micaiah's son? :troll:
He could be......:awesome:

I mean she could have went back in time and had Ike with Greil before he met their mother. He just didn't tell anyone. :mistyface:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Guilty, but at this point im 90.9% certain that Pacman will be in the game.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Correction, gen 1 and gen 2 were not any good. The people that say otherwise should really take off those nostalgia goggles.
Gen 2 was at least competitively competent and in fixing the worst problems of the 1st gen, and I preferred it when there weren't things like natures in 3rd gen and onward that made it unnecessarily harder or more time-consuming to make whatever Pokemon you have or catch be the best it can be. Gen 2 without natures also made it easier to have things liked mixed sweep movesets of both physical and special without consequence.

Also, **** EVs, far as in-game EV training.

And lol @ the 'relevancy' arguments springing up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom