• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ronike's Test Subject Mafia: Game's Over: Town Wins! Nick pulls a Hando

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't understand wyh you all unvote FF for merely posting that he hasn't died or something. Weren't you trying to pressure him into talking? But he hasn't said anything yet.
I didn't try to pressure him into talking. I voted him because inactive = useless. If he doesn't post I still vote him but since he announced to post more I'm going to assume that he'll be more active from now on. If that doesn't change I'll vote him again (unless somebody has "priority" 'cuz he's overly scummy).

If there's anybody worth pressuring it's either Karthik or Nick imo

:059:

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
The point was to get him to post. If he follows through and posts some content tomorrow, then fine, else I'll revote him.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I have two things. 1) Does anyone else notice that Swords is prety much following Nick in his actions?

2) Voting to pressure someone and unvoting them because they say 'hi guys' isnt pressuring them. I assume you wanted him to post, but to post something of substance. If you are aiming to kill in activity and coasting then doing it this way doesn't do anything at all.

Right now it looks like, to me, that Swords and Nick seem to be a little buddy buddy here. And they also sound wishy washy with their votes.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I have two things. 1) Does anyone else notice that Swords is prety much following Nick in his actions?

2) Voting to pressure someone and unvoting them because they say 'hi guys' isnt pressuring them. I assume you wanted him to post, but to post something of substance. If you are aiming to kill in activity and coasting then doing it this way doesn't do anything at all.

Right now it looks like, to me, that Swords and Nick seem to be a little buddy buddy here. And they also sound wishy washy with their votes.
As to 1)... well, you've got a point. Swords, you need to think for yourself in this game! You never know who might be mafia.

As for 2), point taken. However, I'll trust Frozenflame and wait for a post. If he doesn't post before Thursday, I'll vote him again. Simple as that.

Finally, as to your claim of me being "wishy-washy" in my votes, what evidence do you have of that? All I did was unvote Frozenflame slightly early (which Gheb did as well). Are you really going to call that "wishy-washy"?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Sorry nick, that one was aimed at Swords

Sword: You aren't thinking for yourself. I'd like to hear your own thoughts even if they reiterate opinions of those said. If you aren't saying "i agree with x' you are making a nonsense post. You've jumped on every bandwagon so far, and followed nick in all his votes. What's goin on dude?

unvote vote: Swords

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Sorry nick, that one was aimed at Swords

Sword: You aren't thinking for yourself. I'd like to hear your own thoughts even if they reiterate opinions of those said. If you aren't saying "i agree with x' you are making a nonsense post. You've jumped on every bandwagon so far, and followed nick in all his votes. What's goin on dude?

unvote vote: Swords
First off, i have voted things that he hasn't, some of my votes are different from his. Second, my thoughts on those of the Nick and tom thing are the same as yours, i think it is quite odd that he asked everyone for their opinion. And about the bandwagoning, i was trying to help pressure people, being that there was no discussion besides bandwagoning going on at that time.

@Frozenflame

you still haven't posted, and it's already 8:09PM here. I'd like to hear your opinion on some of the things so far.

@Karthik

You still have contributed none to the discussion, so my vote stays on you until you give me your opinion on what has happened lately.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I've never ever done this in a mafia game but here we go.

Please, call me Sword. And really, no one knows who is mafia, and who isn't. It's really just guessing at this point.

Vote: KevinM

No hard feelings.
KK so here we have the OMGUS vote to Kevin. RVS...whatever I guess.

Thanks for the support tom!
Incredibly useful

Bandwagoning on Marshy! All aboard!

Unvote

Vote Marshy
Nick jumping on the bandwagon
I'm in!

Vote Marshy
Swords 8 minutes later.
lololololololol
again real useful

ALLL AABBBBOOOORRRDDD!!!!

unvote

Vote Riddle
Another bandwagon for Swords

So 3-year olds are smarter????

:p:psycho:
Another insightful post

My bad.

unvote Riddle; Vote: Karthik
Another bandwagon.

First, i'll join your bandwagon. unvote; Vote Frozenflame

second, what does FoS mean? (kinda new to mafia games....)
ANOTHER BANDWAGON

Alright, unvote

@Gheb

I'm not sure about Nick yet, asking about the tom vs nick argument was really odd though. I'm going to keep my eye on him. I'm don't think it earns a FoS though.

I'm going to vote Karthik, because like Jungle said, he has contributed nothing to this discussion. Vote karthik
Finally a vote that makes somewhat sense.
Same here.
This contributes nothing. Even if your opinion is the same, you should still say something about it, like why you voted KK.

4 bandwagon votes. What exactly are you doing? I know I don't always have insightful posts, but I also don't bandwagon every...bandwagon. It's strange to me.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
A very useful post. :p

Yet another wonderful post.

And this is why i voted Karthik.
As i read through this post, i regret posting it, as it is stupid. Ignore that post, i'm going to say my reasoning for voting KK, and if you look at it, you can use the same argument for lynching me as you can for KK. He posts don't consist of much useful information, he's hopped on at least 3 bandwagons, i've jumped on around 4-5 or something.

My reasonings for Bandwagoning is that we need to pressure some people, while i agree it isn't a good idea to do it too much (like i did), it is able to pressure people into posting something, wether it be of substance or not.

This is my first game in which i've lasted more than a week, i have a lack of inexperience.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yeah you haven't been around much :) I always want to lynch KK.

Like i said, i dont claim to make insightful posts all the time, but when i do i try to articulate my thoughts as well as i can.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Still waiting for frozenflame to post something useful.

The whole thing is going nowhere with so little input...it's basically only me/jungle/sword/nick debating. Wondering where some people are. Tom? Kevin? Mentos? Riddle? Any suspicions? Any thoughts on swords behaviour? I'd like to hear more of you guys because so dar we have accomplished very little we need to go and scumhunt.

The thing with swords is that he isn't the only one who's acting strangely (lack of a better word). I mean why should we be suspicious of him when Karthik is posting the same garbage, jumps every bandwagon too but doesn't even respond to anything? At least sword does. It's just the general inactivity that makes it difficult cuz it helps scum to coast through D1 pretty much undetected. Plus few active people makes BWs even more difficult.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK, I double checked. Kevin hasn't posted in 3 days, Tom hasn't posted in 4 days. Where u @???

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, KevinM and Tom haven't posted what they thinks of Nick or Frozen or KK. I'd like to hear your stances on some of this stuff.

I'm still waiting for Frozen to post. I'm beginning to wonder if he is lurking.

Ronike

Smash Ace
No flavor today. Too busy.

Vote Count:
Swords(1): Jungle
Frozen(1): Marshy
Karthik(1): Swords
Nick(2): Kevin, KK
Riddle(1): Tom
Rockin(1) Riddle

Not Voting: Nick, Rockin, Mentos, Frozen, Gheb

Kevin and Riddle get prods, Tom barely avoids one.

Deadline in 1 week!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Lol must be nice being Tom and being exempt from prodding while posting less frequently then those that received them ;).

I'm still down to lynch Nick after all I've read *shrugs*

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Lol must be nice being Tom and being exempt from prodding while posting less frequently then those that received them ;).

Would you like to explain why?

At any rate, I think that our best lynch option is Karthik_king, as he has not been contributing to discussion, yet has been on almost every bandwagon, and has been following KevinM around. True, Sword has done some of the same stuff, but he has been posting more lately, and he's quite new at the game. So,

Vote Karthik

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

its very nice being Tom @ swf. it is a totally different treatment than what i get on my current account at ms. though people still say i give off a townie presence i say a lot less and people grill me a lot more.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I got prodded :(.

How the Scots invented the modern world said:
[John Hunter] passed on his great motto, "Don't think, try," to his most famous English student, Edward Jenner.
I've neem guilty of this. I've been watching this but thinking too mcuh about it and didn't really post.

Swords I really think I need some better answers from you than what I'm getting. I'll cut you some slack though. Your pretty new.

Same goes to KK. But he has no excuse. If he doesn't post something useful he's getting my vote.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
hey look frozen didn't follow up on his promised post and no one's taking issue with it or voting him like they said so nice to see we're really committed to getting responses from people. ok with lynching frozen nick or riddle

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Maybe your time zone is different from mine, but as of my time zone, he posted it yesterday at around 2AM. He still has the rest of today to follow-through.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, Frozen promised a post then disappeared with nothing. I'm cutting him a little slack because he said in one of the games that he caught up on all 4 games he's in yesterday, and I know from when I got behind even catching up on 2 at a time is rough if you've been gone a few days.

As for Swords, I tend to agree with Jungle. He has been really bandwagon jumpy, and pretty much just followed other peoples thoughts. The same could be said for KK, but I've lynched him at least 3 times for that same reason and had him flip town, it's what I expect from him(Not to say it bypasses suspicion, but it's certainly less odd from someone who has done it repeatedly as town vs seeing someone do it the first time.)

For right now, I'll Vote: Swords. I'll make sure your swords are broken... WITH A NOOSE!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
hey look frozen didn't follow up on his promised post and no one's taking issue with it or voting him like they said so nice to see we're really committed to getting responses from people. ok with lynching frozen nick or riddle
Your thoughts on swords?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The same could be said for KK, but I've lynched him at least 3 times for that same reason and had him flip town, it's what I expect from him
Doesn't change the fact that he's pretty much useless for town atm. More so than swords imo because swords at least responds to suspicions. Riddle/KK/Swords are top lynches for now although I'm not sure about nick he's more helpful for town than KK is so I don't think we should vote him. I'd rather go for a KK/swords BW hoping that Riddle will be somewhat more helpful.

Still hope for frozenflame to show up and post btw. Still my top vote unless somebody turns out scummy.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Thing about frozen is that he doesn't post often. But when he does he posts they are wellthought out posts

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
frozen hasn't had a decent post all game despite us being over a week into play

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, we're a week into to play with just over two pages of non RVS content. I'm sorry, but there just really isn't much for me to have an opinion on.

I've been reading through the thread every day, trying to find a good lead or pick up a scum tell, but honestly, I just haven't gotten a good lead. Nothing has jumped out at me. I'm not gonna come in here and pretend like I have some awesome lead just for the sake of acting like some master scumhunter and riling things up. Any accusation I made now would just be me grasping at straws, and correct me if I'm wrong in assuming that fabricating cases against people just for the hell of it isn't exactly optimal town play.

When something jumps out at me I'll bring it up immediately like I always do. But right now, this game is simply devoid of anythings particularly telling.

To comment on the Tom v. Nick thing, all I see are two townies going at it about what constitutes good scumhunting and some other semantic BS. I agree with most of what Tom has to say, but that doesn't mean Nick's arguments are without merit. What Nick has been putting out there is stuff he seems to genuinely believe, and regardless of how valid or not I might think it to be, the way he's been arguing for his beliefs doesn't seem indicative of scum. As much as I hate letting my judgment be clouded by the newbie card, I'm fairly confident here that the argument at hand is simply a misunderstanding between a newer and more experienced player. Neither of the two seemed particularly scummy throughout the argument.

Sorry again, but this is really all I've got. If there are specific questions you'd like me to answer, then shoot. That goes for anyone. I need some focus material to help me sort this game out anyway. Especially you Marshy, seeing as how you seem awfully fixated on me this game.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, we're a week into to play with just over two pages of non RVS content. I'm sorry, but there just really isn't much for me to have an opinion on.

I've been reading through the thread every day, trying to find a good lead or pick up a scum tell, but honestly, I just haven't gotten a good lead. Nothing has jumped out at me. I'm not gonna come in here and pretend like I have some awesome lead just for the sake of acting like some master scumhunter and riling things up. Any accusation I made now would just be me grasping at straws, and correct me if I'm wrong in assuming that fabricating cases against people just for the hell of it isn't exactly optimal town play.

When something jumps out at me I'll bring it up immediately like I always do. But right now, this game is simply devoid of anythings particularly telling.

To comment on the Tom v. Nick thing, all I see are two townies going at it about what constitutes good scumhunting and some other semantic BS. I agree with most of what Tom has to say, but that doesn't mean Nick's arguments are without merit. What Nick has been putting out there is stuff he seems to genuinely believe, and regardless of how valid or not I might think it to be, the way he's been arguing for his beliefs doesn't seem indicative of scum. As much as I hate letting my judgment be clouded by the newbie card, I'm fairly confident here that the argument at hand is simply a misunderstanding between a newer and more experienced player. Neither of the two seemed particularly scummy throughout the argument.

Sorry again, but this is really all I've got. If there are specific questions you'd like me to answer, then shoot. That goes for anyone. I need some focus material to help me sort this game out anyway. Especially you Marshy, seeing as how you seem awfully fixated on me this game.
Good to see you again.

I know what you mean by not really any scum-tells, there hasn't really been anything yet.... Also, i'd like to know your opinion on Karthik.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
My opinion on Karthik?

All I've seen from him is are short statements about how he's uneasy about having brothers in the same game, a joke about me always dying night 1, his liking of bandwagonning until L-1, and his adamant opinion of lynching anyone who quick lynches a bandwagonned player sitting at L-1.

Other than that, just RVS junk and other whimsical bandwagon votes.

Doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me. No the most helpful, but definitely not derailing. My initial impression of him is typical laid back and impulsive Karthik. He hasn't really drawn my suspicion.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Still want to hear more from Tom, Kevin and Rockin. Who are your top lynches for now? Would any of you guys mind KK or Riddle dying?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Still want to hear more from Tom, Kevin and Rockin. Who are your top lynches for now? Would any of you guys mind KK or Riddle dying?

You can't just suggest that I die withoug giving me anything to defend myself against. A bandwagon is one thing, but proposing a lynch? That's quite another and without any accusations for me to defend myself against I don't think you should be suggesting my lynch.

Also suspicious is your lack of votes. You almost seem to be making sure everything is okay and you want to be sure that you won't seem scummy for voting KK or me. If you feel that someone is scum it isn't going to hurt to put a vote on them unless they are close to being lynched. Providing explanation of course.

I'm going to go ahead and Vote: Gheb_01. Your general throwing of suspicion at me and Karthik without voting or giving any reasoning whatsoever seems very suspicious and scummy to me.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
As to 1)... well, you've got a point. Swords, you need to think for yourself in this game! You never know who might be mafia.
Just want to say this is another thing I find odd. As soon as Jungle points out that swords is riding on Nick, Nick himself quickly tells him to shove off, not giving Swords a chance to explain his reasoning. A smidge of suspicion, but mainly odd. I'm sure if Nick waited, he would've seen that Swords was actually just going with his belief and is merely agree with said things and actions.

As far as lynching either KK or Riddles, I'll say meh on it. As mentos explained before, KK would always act this way and would always turn up town. Everytime he plays, he's a real life Miller. I don't want to lynch him mainly cause this is how he always acts any of the DG players of before knows this (aside from possibly Frozenflame). Infact, I feel that Mafia is trying to push for a KK lynch knowing that he's an acceptable choice of a lynch.

Riddles, eh...not sure why he's chosen as a lynch target. Can anyone tell me this please?

Right now, I don't really have much of a lynch target in mind. Maybe Nick, but it's not official yet. Swords may also be a decent lynch target cause of how he's been posting and how much he quickly goes on a bandwagon. Infact, I see several who really likes a bandwagon to happen. >>

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Just want to say this is another thing I find odd. As soon as Jungle points out that swords is riding on Nick, Nick himself quickly tells him to shove off, not giving Swords a chance to explain his reasoning. A smidge of suspicion, but mainly odd. I'm sure if Nick waited, he would've seen that Swords was actually just going with his belief and is merely agree with said things and actions.

As far as lynching either KK or Riddles, I'll say meh on it. As mentos explained before, KK would always act this way and would always turn up town. Everytime he plays, he's a real life Miller. I don't want to lynch him mainly cause this is how he always acts any of the DG players of before knows this (aside from possibly Frozenflame). Infact, I feel that Mafia is trying to push for a KK lynch knowing that he's an acceptable choice of a lynch.

Riddles, eh...not sure why he's chosen as a lynch target. Can anyone tell me this please?

Right now, I don't really have much of a lynch target in mind. Maybe Nick, but it's not official yet. Swords may also be a decent lynch target cause of how he's been posting and how much he quickly goes on a bandwagon. Infact, I see several who really likes a bandwagon to happen. >>
Would you like to explain why you think that Nick and I are lynch candidates? KK has jumped on as many bandwagons as i have, and even if he does play in that style, you think i'm more of a lynch candidate than he is? Lynching someone because they jump on bandwagons like 4-5 times isn't solid reasoning. (least in my opinion it is..)

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Would you like to explain why you think that Nick and I are lynch candidates? KK has jumped on as many bandwagons as i have, and even if he does play in that style, you think i'm more of a lynch candidate than he is? Lynching someone because they jump on bandwagons like 4-5 times isn't solid reasoning. (least in my opinion it isn't..)
I had a word error in there, sorry.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Would you like to explain why?

At any rate, I think that our best lynch option is Karthik_king, as he has not been contributing to discussion, yet has been on almost every bandwagon, and has been following KevinM around. True, Sword has done some of the same stuff, but he has been posting more lately, and he's quite new at the game. So,

Vote Karthik
Funny that you two are brothers AND you have been voting nearly if not entirely the same the whole game. Doesn't this feel a little bit scumy to anyone else? My Vote is staying on Nick until he clears himself in my opinion.

Sorry I have been a little slow. My history teacher thought it would be great to assign a 2 week world map and considering the fact she is also my english teacher and assigned an essay due tomorrow I have been a little busy. Will be active tomrrow.

Ronike

Smash Ace
You are **** lucky KK.

Vote Count:
Swords(2): Jungle, Mentos
Frozen(1): Marshy
Karthik(2): Swords, Nick
Nick(2): Kevin, KK
Riddle(1): Tom
Rockin(1) Riddle

Not Voting: Nick, Rockin, Mentos, Frozen, Gheb

Top Bottom