• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ronike's Test Subject Mafia: Game's Over: Town Wins! Nick pulls a Hando

Ronike

Smash Ace
Thread Hijacked For DBZ Mafia Formatting & Rules.

Welcome to Dragon Ball Z Mafia! Let's get straight into it with the rules, shall we? Note that even if you are highly familiar with the game of mafia, you are expected to read the game specific rules as there are some strange mechanics.

Rules:

This game is moderated by me, Ronike, as well as co-modded by both Tom and Xiivi. We are your gods in this game, and we expect to be treated as such god dammit. We reserve the right to add rules to the following list if necessary.

Fundamental:
9001. Have fun, and do not ruin the fun for others.
9002. The mods are always right.
9003. If we appear to be wrong, we are merely testing you. Please inform us of your awareness of the test by posting in bold separate from your post. You may be rewarded with cookies*
9004. Unless your role states otherwise, no communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread.
9005. No quoting mod PMs, or faking a quoted mod PM (including pictures). Not even partial quoting.
9006. You are allowed to quote mod PMs privately to any member that you are allowed to communicate with outside this thread.
9007. Editing your posts is not allowed under any circumstances. Leave the typo sand mispeelings aolne.

Voting and Lynching:
9001. All votes must be bolded (Vote: Tom) Please separate votes from the rest of your paragraphs as this makes my life easier.
9002. When changing your vote, you must unvote your previous vote before you revote. (Unvote Vote: M3D).
9003. A lynch will occur when a majority has been reached.
9004. You may vote for a 'no lynch' if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for to no lynch, the day will end without a lynch.
9005. If a lynch occurs, then the game enters ‘twilight,' where all alive players are allowed to freely converse (but not allowed to cast any votes) until I post a death scene.
9006. Once you are dead, you are allowed to make one final "bah go town/scum!" post, but nothing of substance.

Activity and Deadline:
9001 a) This game will enforce a strict deadline of 10 days per Day phase, with extensions if necessary (i.e: late replacement, crashboards, and anything else I deem requiring of an extension).
9001. b) There will be no extensions for suspected or actual MYLO or LYLO.
9001. c) Players may vote for a day extension by using the command Request: Deadline Extension. If there is a majority of these votes, a 72+ hour extension will be given. This extension will only be given once.
9002. You should learn to play to have fun instead of just playing to win, it really would make the game more fun for you. Since you planned to abuse loopholes in the rules, pms, and basically anything you could get your hands on, if you won, I hope you feel proud for breaking something I worked on for 6 months. I made it so that it would be fun, not so that it was lawyer proof and apparently this makes me a bad mod in your eyes. Also, changing rules that haven't been put into play is perfectly acceptable, especially if people are confused by them, don't complain about that either. If you lost, I'm sure you are johning out the wazoo and should stop losing like a child and man up. I haven't won a game in a while and I don't care, because I have fun when I play. You should learn how to as well (time stamp: May 4th, 2010)
9003. If deadline hits without a lynch, there will be no lynch.
9004. Treat this game as a commitment. I promise to check on/update the game at least once every other day, every day when possible, so I expect you to post once every 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in a prod. 3 prods will result in replacement if possible or modkill if not possible. After the 3rd day, 3 prods will be punished with a modkill.
9005. If a player does not post within 24 hours of receiving a prod, they will be issued another prod.
9006. If you are unable to participate for a period longer than 72 hours, please I/PM me or post in thread.

About your Host
9001. I find games where there are strange roles and/or weird roles to be far more enjoyable than straight up "1 cop, 1 doc, 2 mafia and a gf" games. Therefore, expect to see new roles and/or lots of them.
9002. When I host, I plan to try something new with every game. Sometimes I will tell you what this thing is, sometimes I won't.

Game Specific Rules:
9001. At night, everyone may choose to either train or search for a dragonball. Training may give a permanent boost to ones power, or provide a new power, but you aren't told when you have reached your maximum level and it may sometimes take several nights to level up.

9002. If one person collects all 7 dragonballs, they get one wish (off a list predetermined to avoid complete and total breakage). That wish will still be very gamebreaking, from bringing a player back, to granting an extra power (including night immunity), to bringing an extra player into the game. You want to get all 7 dragonballs.

9003. The person directly responsible for killing gets the deceased's dragonball/s. That means the hammerer or night killer.

9004. Dragonballs may also be publically traded by posting the command Give Dragonballs to playername.

9005. If you can communicate privately with someone, you may trade dragonballs by PMing me the same command during the day only.

9006. Post something related to dragonball z when you make a post confirming you have received and understand your role pm.

Added Rules:

Disclaimers:
*Likely will not be rewarded with cookies.

Signups:
1. xonar
2. ryker
3. rockin
4. clownbot
5. kataefi
6. the paprika killer
7. nicholas1024
8. swordsrbroken
9. mentosman8
10. meta-kirby
11. super smash bros. fan
12. overswarm
13. sold2
14. hilt
15. cello_marl

Signups:
1. Tom aka Pirate King Of Hell aka I always get the first place...
2. Marshy aka Would have been first if he read the rules
3. Rockin aka We'll call it even
4. Gheb aka He's Dead!!!!1!11!!!
5. Junglefever aka Needs to be active. Or else.
6. Mentos aka Hope he's not the prostitute of the game...
7. Riddle aka Jim Carey
8. Nick aka the token almost newbie
9. SwordsRbroken aka GunsRfair
10. KevinM aka Sir Overcompensatalot
11. FF aka Likes mirrors a lot
12. KK aka In on probation

Those Left Behind (or more accurately, stacked in the corner...)
1. Swords Mafia Recruiter: Lynched day 1
2. Karthik King Forgetful Townie: Killed Night 1
3. Gheb Town Doc: Lynched day 2
4. Marshy Vanilla Townie: Killed night 2

I reserve the right to fine tune the rules as needed, especially before the game starts.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
/in

new players, do not fret. within a week or two there will be a super newbie friendly game up :D

i need testing because I HAVE BRAIN CANCER

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'm in, since this won't start until Bad idea mafia finishes first (I know he said "or megamanfia, but what are the odds of that finishing before bad idea?)

Ronike

Smash Ace
Sorry Blazer, but I'm afraid I cannot accept you. I can't risk you being rusty, which could mess up things. Like I said, I'm doing this to test somethings out, so I want bad playing to have as little effect as possible. Please understand.

Ronike

Smash Ace
You've been in a recent game, so yes. I'm not going to limit the game to just people like Tom or FF, but just a recent swf game. Now if y'all would read the rules....

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh and in because I definitely need to improve. Ask Mentos. Lolol.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Why does everybody doubt me. Seriously I think I have proven that I am an intelligent and thoughtful poster who stays active.

Blazer

Smash Ace
You've been in a recent game, so yes. I'm not going to limit the game to just people like Tom or FF, but just a recent swf game. Now if y'all would read the rules....
I've played games elsewhere, I'm not rusty at all. In fact I hosted a lot of games elsewhere that were very successful.

I suppose though if you don't wanna take my word on it, it's fine. I can wait on another game.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I've played games elsewhere, I'm not rusty at all. In fact I hosted a lot of games elsewhere that were very successful.

I suppose though if you don't wanna take my word on it, it's fine. I can wait on another game.
You can always just link to those games. ^_^

lol tom, my avi?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Why does everybody doubt me. Seriously I think I have proven that I am an intelligent and thoughtful poster who stays active.
I agree. Read the rules more carefully.

Sorry. Please don't take it personally

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I'm in. Gotta' find out if that hooker lastnight had crabs.

Well I knew she did, but it's still good to make sure.

Ronike

Smash Ace
"riddle me this" line from batman. As horrible as those movies were, I liked carey's riddler and that's what I thought when I saw the name.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Jim Carey??? wtf? How did I deserve this nickname.
take it as a compliment. Jim carey does well in the movies he's in, and the batman movie is no exception. Especially after Evil Eye showed me that video

my god, so much GAGETRY! @_@;;

karthik_king

Smash Ace
well I came back to AIM SWFmafia and found it to be quite enjoyable winning as both lyncher and mafia. So can I join? I need to join testing in hopes to find ESPers time travellers and aliens. I hope this will help me find them. :D (Haruhi Suzumiya=WIN)

Riddle

Smash Lord
Okay I can deal with Jim Carey. I have never watched the batman movies, but I guess thats okay. The Riddler is kind of cool I guess, and so is Jim Carey.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Sorry Florida, but I'm only taking the one replacement, and he is only being subbed in a very specific case. Replacements tend to ruin a game in my opinion, so instead I will be taking the approach of modkills over replacement. We'll see if this helps the activity perhaps.

In other news, the game is now full. If you choose to drop out, you have exactly two weeks to do so, or until one of the other mafia games end. After that, its gonna be modkill time, and I will hate you forever for being modkilled before the game even starts.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Okay. No offense to Jungle or Florida but I would rather they not join this game.

Top Bottom