• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ronike's Test Subject Mafia: Game's Over: Town Wins! Nick pulls a Hando

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Edit: lol I got ninja'd with a KK bandwagon being about to start. What irony lolz.

:059:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
nick if you weren't a new player i'd advocate your lynching/vigging for
Still find it odd since it's somewhat not confirmed that a executioner is in the game or not.
In anycase, I always feel that every townie should be counted, whether we go to lynch the executioner or not.
fos rockin for discouraging wagons by suggesting unlikely roles. plus second quote makes no sense. a townie for a scumbag is a good deal

vote frozenflame

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
fos rockin for discouraging wagons by suggesting unlikely roles. plus second quote makes no sense. a townie for a scumbag is a good deal
Really, I like to consider there's more roles then just the typical cop and doc roles. Also, I like to hear you say that when we lose a pr townie. I know saving all townies is nearly impossible, but I want to try and lynch as many anti townies as possible without a mislynch of the kind. But again, that's very hard.

Nick was asking for other people's opions on their debate and this is the best you can come up with? No comments on their disagreements or the OMGUS votes/Tom's unvoting? I don't like how you tend to wait for other people's opinions first (also happened in Simpsons mafia...).

:ohwell:
I would've said something in terms of that minutes later had he not said that last part of what do we think. Again, I didn't like it, since I'm sure most (if not all) we gonna discuss that anyway. It just seemed almost unnecessary >>

Again you keep yourself out of the discussion for the most part. Not scummy but not terribly helpful either. I'd rather have you adress some of the points that are brought up instead of just dodgin them like that. Dunno what to rhink of your policy.

Since it's pretty much apparant, I'll share my view onto the matter...even though I was going to share it anyway >>

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well, as said, the topic really talked about each other's opinion in terms of mafia and bandwagons. Nic gave out some good points, but so did Tom. Neither were right or wrong, but they both had opinons. I'm also starting to notice a slightly different Tom in this game, but I think it's too early to tell. All I know is that he seems more bandwagon happy then how I usually see him.

Also, Tomafia 3 was a bad example. Reason why people went to stratford was cause he was inactive as hell. Back then, we were more prone to lynching inactive players. So after a few votes, stratford made this bs post and that ensured his fate. I wouldn't really call that a good way to bandwagon cause he was litterally active and not lurking or whatnot.

IMO, I don't like bandwagons much. I like for my post to have some form of logic rather jumping on the train. True, it promotes pressure and it does get out information needed. It could sometimes even show a person's true colors. However, that's the kind of style I don't really want to have.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Unvote
Vote: Nick

This is easier.
Would you care to explain that vote?

At any rate, Frozenflame hasn't posted much at all, and I would like to hear his opinion on the game so far.

Vote Frozenflame until he posts

@Marshy
Do you really think my opinions weren't valid? How about you explain why then?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Prod Frozenflame

The more people we have in this discussion the more likely we'll find something to start a good debate with.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Prod Frozenflame

The more people we have in this discussion the more likely we'll find something to start a good debate with.

Not every game is played with Marshy's inactivity rule.

Vote: Rockin

Your posts make me feel that you are trying to be non-commital to avoid making mistakes and that just seems scummy to me. I feel like your posts don't have much substance and your trying to look like your helping, but aren't.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Oh yeah, I forgot about Marshy's inactivity rule not being in play. Bleh...
Alright time for another BW attempt.

Vote FrozenFlame

Also FoS Rockin for the reasons Riddle posted. I already stated my disliking for his kind of gameplay but he seems to be consistent (he plays simpsons mafia like that too). Doesn't have to mean much though it's certainly suspicious.

Also, I'd like to hear some people's opinions on Toms voting for Riddle and a possible Riddle BW. I'll take a closer look at their conversation and see what info I can get out of that.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Anyway, what does everyone else think about the back-and-forth between me and Tom? I'd like some opinions.
Does this not stand out to anyone at all? Why would you want to draw attention to yourself like this? I don't understand this play at all. It's one thing to base something off the reactions of what occured between you and Tom, but it's really odd to be like 'Hey guys look at this argument! Tell me what you think about it!" when you are part of the argument, especially when, in my opinion, you are getting owned and don't know when you've lost the argument. It looks like he tried to get in the fire then wants everyone to notice it.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, I forgot about Marshy's inactivity rule not being in play. Bleh...
Alright time for another BW attempt.

Vote FrozenFlame

Also FoS Rockin for the reasons Riddle posted.
First, i'll join your bandwagon. unvote; Vote Frozenflame

second, what does FoS mean? (kinda new to mafia games....)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Does this not stand out to anyone at all? Why would you want to draw attention to yourself like this? I don't understand this play at all. It's one thing to base something off the reactions of what occured between you and Tom, but it's really odd to be like 'Hey guys look at this argument! Tell me what you think about it!" when you are part of the argument, especially when, in my opinion, you are getting owned and don't know when you've lost the argument. It looks like he tried to get in the fire then wants everyone to notice it.
Did you read the thread? See below to see how Rockin already brought that up, and what other people thought about it.
FOS Junglefever for skimming.

I don't like how you immiediatly brought this to attention towards us. The talk between you and Tom were quite noticable. Of course we were gonna talk about it eventually once things seem to calm down. Almost as if it was an act. This is probably me being sensitive to some things, but I just don't like it >>
i dont like how you seem to be almost afraid to have an opinion

Your posts make me feel that you are trying to be non-commital to avoid making mistakes and that just seems scummy to me. I feel like your posts don't have much substance and your trying to look like your helping, but aren't.

@SwordsRbroken
FOS = Finger Of Suspicion.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You bring up a good point although he might just wanted to start a bigger debate based on their conversation hoping some suspicions might survace. I'm not entirely comfortable with his posts and his attitude either but I don't think he's overly suspicious.

However, before I'm dropping the Tom vs Nick issue I'd like to hear more from Nick. He was only really active when he was pressured by tom. I'd like to hear some opinions from him on Tom vs Riddle and Jungles accusation.

second, what does FoS mean? (kinda new to mafia games....)
FoS = Finger of suspicion.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
You bring up a good point although he might just wanted to start a bigger debate based on their conversation hoping some suspicions might survace. I'm not entirely comfortable with his posts and his attitude either but I don't think he's overly suspicious.

However, before I'm dropping the Tom vs Nick issue I'd like to hear more from Nick. He was only really active when he was pressured by tom. I'd like to hear some opinions from him on Tom vs Riddle and Jungles accusation.
Well, as far as Tom vs Riddle goes, I don't really see much in the bandwagon. The reason Tom gave for voting riddle was basically Riddle self-voting himself in mimcry of Tom. In the RVS stage, small things like that are as good a reason as any to vote, but when bigger scum-tells are found, it's time to move on.

As far as Junglefever's accusation, I think he's overthinking it. By drawing attention to myself and the debate, I can stimulate discussion. More discussion is definitely a good thing for town. So, what's suspicious about me asking for opinions?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I'm really not overthinking it, the minute i saw that you had said that i was like wtf? It's one thing to have a debate and watch the discussion that folows, but I don't believe I've ever seen anyone ask to be looked at in an argument. I don't really know what to think of it, but I think it's really strange, as if you are looking for the attention.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Yet another panel opens in the ceiling, this time above Frozenflame's head. The now familiar wooden rod comes down from the ceiling and hits FF square on the head.

"... I swear, I didn't do it this time..."

FF has been prodded!

Vote Count:
Riddle(1): Tom
Kevin(2): Mentos, Frozen
Marshy(1): Jungle
Nick(1): Kevin
Frozen(4): Nick, Marshy, Swords, Gheb
Rockin(1): Riddle

Not Voting: Rockin, KK

I have definite free time on weekdays, but not necessarily on weekends, so don't be that surprised if I go a Saturday or Sunday without an update. Also, Gheb, I understand that it is frustrating that FF is not here and posting, but seeing as how I am the mod, and you are the player, I would appreciate it if you did not prod players, especially since when you prodded him, he had posted less than 72 hours ago. Thank you! :)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, Gheb, I understand that it is frustrating that FF is not here and posting, but seeing as how I am the mod, and you are the player, I would appreciate it if you did not prod players, especially since when you prodded him, he had posted less than 72 hours ago. Thank you! :)
Yeah, that was my mistake. I was assuming that Marshy's inactivity rule was in play but I realized it wasn't after Riddle told me. Sorry about that, won't happen again.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Not every game is played with Marshy's inactivity rule.

Well really, not sure what else to really add onto it. The arguement itself looked interesting. Neither one of the people were right or wrong in their sayings, however there was some confusion of defitnition from nic in terms of scumhunting and whatnot. As said, I'm also noticing a different playstyle by Tom. Guess I should further explain that.

I'm noticing that Tom has gotten more bandwagon happy then usual. Usually, whether I see him play as Town or maf (I mostly seen him play townie while I only saw him as a maf twice. One time when I was with him, which was a loooong time ago and the one where he's BIM), he usually has some logical reason to his voting. Not to mention all of his post in general seems full of detail and information regarding said topic.

in this game, I can see some logical posts in here, but he seems more bandwagon happy. Again, it's too early to tell but I believe this is the first I see from him in a game that I'm in with him that he's more bandwagon happy.

Nicholas1024 said:
As far as Junglefever's accusation, I think he's overthinking it. By drawing attention to myself and the debate, I can stimulate discussion. More discussion is definitely a good thing for town. So, what's suspicious about me asking for opinions?
It's about how you immediatly asked for it once it was over. Kinda like pulling people into focus of a psudo-scumhunting (I hope I said this right...). If you and Tom were having an arguement, why wouldn't you think we'd talk about it? I don't think what you did was scummy, but it's weird as hell to do. in MegaMafia, I was talking off with Chaco. Both of us were act each other in D2. Once the topic ended (which there was a clear sign when Thursday came around), after waiting for some time for a person or two to speak about the said topic, I then clearly asked what others thought about it.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think Jungle actually raises a good point about Nic. Obviously we had all seen it, but what irks me about what he said is that the argument between him and Tom was mostly about strategical differences, and it seems almost as if he wanted us to put all our focus on it. Obviously some discussion of it can't hurt, but the discussion they had was predominately not something that everyone needs to weigh in on strongly, as it was opinions about strategy being debated.

Also, Unvote: Karthik-bandwagon complete

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i agree with mentos. everyone down for a nick wagon? if not why is frozen still alive?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Mentos, your point is legit and I already mentioned before what bothers me about nick although I still don't think he's suspicious. Can't hurt to see how he acts under more pressure though (especially regarding his OMGUS vote, which was totally uncalled for). I already mentioned that I'd be down for a nick BW but I waited b/c Tom took his vote off him and a BW looked unlikely at that point.

I also wonder why Rockin was the only one, who didn't care about ANYTHING in nicks post ... neither his attentionwhoring nor his OMGUS. Instead he notices Tom being "unusally ban happy"... weird but maybe it's just me because I don't like metagaming all that much.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I also wonder why Rockin was the only one, who didn't care about ANYTHING in nicks post ... neither his attentionwhoring nor his OMGUS. Instead he notices Tom being "unusally ban happy"... weird but maybe it's just me because I don't like metagaming all that much.

I just want to say I did took a notice in Nic's post, but I was more interested in how Tom was into the 'bandwagon' thing. And if that 'attention whoring' thing is that last little line he posted about our opinon about it....err....

I don't like how you immiediatly brought this to attention towards us. The talk between you and Tom were quite noticable. Of course we were gonna talk about it eventually once things seem to calm down. Almost as if it was an act. This is probably me being sensitive to some things, but I just don't like it >>
....yeah, I kinda spoke about it first. I just wasn't wordy with it like Junglefever was. ironically, you quoted both of us saying this. Your responds to mind was 'what? Is that all?' and to JF is like 'Hmm, you make a good point' even though we both talked about the same thing. It's just he explained it better. Hmm.

also, don't care much for OMGUS vote, cause they're just votes no matter what. If people want to use their votes as 'tag backs,' then that's their business.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Marshy, Frozen's still alive cuz after this lynch he's dead regardless XD
Yeah, probably frozen, and if not him, it's going to be Tom.

@Nick

Your ask for discussion hasn't really sparked much discussion, other than starting a bandwagon on you. It is kind of awkward to ask someone their opinion on something like that.

My vote stays on FF until he posts again.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Karthik, you have the most useless posts.

Rockin: callin me wordy boy? i'll show you wordy *shakes fist*

@Gheb: there isn't much to say about his OMGUS. in fact, i found nothing scummy int he whole discussion. All it seemed like was a battle over their views of how the game should be played, which will vary player to player. While one can have a more correct answer or a better way of playing, it doesn't make them more scummy.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
So yeah I just read through 3 games tonight. My head hurts.

Simpson's Mafia D1"pre-game" trolling basically killed my motivation to scumhunt for the night. XP

I need to sleep on everything I've read and sort this **** out. I'll have substance by tomorrow, I promise.

Unvote

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I just want to say I did took a notice in Nic's post, but I was more interested in how Tom was into the 'bandwagon' thing. And if that 'attention whoring' thing is that last little line he posted about our opinon about it....err....
OK

@Gheb: there isn't much to say about his OMGUS. in fact, i found nothing scummy int he whole discussion. All it seemed like was a battle over their views of how the game should be played, which will vary player to player. While one can have a more correct answer or a better way of playing, it doesn't make them more scummy.
So what's your opinion on a nick BW?

Unvote Frozenflame

Still not sure what to think about nick but as I said I'd be down for a BW and since frozen showed up I'm taking my vote off him for now...

Want to hear more from SwordsRbroken btw...haven't heard a lot from him except him being willing to jump BWs. Anything suspicious? Your take on nick?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord

Simpson's Mafia D1"pre-game" trolling basically killed my motivation to scumhunt for the night. XP

I need to sleep on everything I've read and sort this **** out. I'll have substance by tomorrow, I promise.

Unvote
Good to see you, frozenflame.

Unvote

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice

Unvote
Alright, unvote

@Gheb

I'm not sure about Nick yet, asking about the tom vs nick argument was really odd though. I'm going to keep my eye on him. I'm don't think it earns a FoS though.

I'm going to vote Karthik, because like Jungle said, he has contributed nothing to this discussion. Vote karthik

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I don't understand wyh you all unvote FF for merely posting that he hasn't died or something. Weren't you trying to pressure him into talking? But he hasn't said anything yet.

Top Bottom