• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ronike's Test Subject Mafia: Game's Over: Town Wins! Nick pulls a Hando

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hahahahaha Kevin you are all over the place today.

I just caught up with Star Fox mafia and I'll catch up to this game sooner or later.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
So Kevin's lynchpool atm is Me, Tom, and Riddle? Interesting.

Why me first of all? I don't really see Tom as scum either. Explanations would be nice now that we're getting later in the game.

Also curious about what Tom has to say.

Lastly, who remains in this game that did not vote for Maf Recruiter?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@KevinM
Agreed with Frozen, reasoning would be nice.

@Frozen
I think it's you, me, and mentos are all that's left.

@Tom
Not sure why Kevin thinks you're the play, but there is one thing I'm curious about. Back at post #490 (On D2), you said your giant post was based on assumption and that you were wrong, and you promised to post more later. However, you haven't followed through on that. Would you care to tell us just what the incorrect assumption was, and how your viewpoint has changed?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think I know a bit about where Kevin is coming from on Tom being the play. Don't entirely agree just yet, but I at least know where he's coming from. Also, to FF elaborating on what Nick said, me, you, and Nick are the only ones who weren't on the Swords lynch, however I was pushing his lynch all day, and only unvoted due to his role claim and wanting to think it through, and didn't have time to get back before the deadline.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah basically I'm only comfortable with lynching someone that wasn't on the Recruiter wagon.

Considering Tom keeps promising posts and not making them, along with his weird D1 play, such as when he voted Riddle and refused to take it off with the reasoning of he just didn't feel like it and it probably wouldn't end up on him D2 just seems off.

Frozen I haven't gotten a read on either.

But he has lived past n1.

I'd be fine with lynching either of them.

Ronike

Smash Ace
The room suddenly grew quiet, as though someone had broke wind and no one wanted to be blamed for it.

"Um, guys? You all know you have an important decision to be making, right? And that if you guys don't talk, your chances of making a good decision are slim, right? Just making sure...

We'll have the test result from yesterday shortly. Just keep talking until then."

Vote Count
Tom(1): Kevin

Not Voting: Everyone else.

Seriously guys, come on.

Riddle

Smash Lord
How does everyone fell about a Tom wagon? Tom what is your defense to Kev's accusations? Why are you being inactive (same reasons)?

I will be happy with the Tom wagon if he doesn't respond and maybe if he does.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Gah, sorry for not posting for awhile.

a Tom wagon may not be too bad of an idea, but I would still like reason

I've been calculating as to who is possibly either scum or indie ever since the kill for KK showed on D2. One would think 'wait, why would they kill KK?' To me, it doesn't make much sense to me. Not trying to discredit KK or anything, but a lot of the DG players know that KK has always been a 'red herring' of sorts.

This led me to believe that Riddle, Nick, and Frozen are our possible mafias (Mainly going on Riddler).

Tom said:
This means that I can eliminate Junglefever, KevinM, Riddle, and Rockin from my scum-hunt. This narrows my lynch pool to Frozenflame751, Marshy, Mentos, and Nicholas.
Why night kill those in the scum list, especially if it just push you closer and closer to the spotlight? I think Frozen is too smart to do this type of stunt, so this is why the target is mainly on Riddler.

I'm not so heavily on Nick that he's mafia, but at the same time, I feel either him, Tom, and again Frozen is our independents (mainly Tom). For all we know, Tom may be trying to hint mafia who has possible power roles, and who are vanilla townies (while trying to snuggle in the Mafia in this said section). I know the part about the power roles is kinda bs, but this is my opinion, really.

So, in terms of list

Possible Mafia: Riddle, Frozenflame, Nick

Possible Independent: Tom, Nick, Frozenflame

I'm gonna re-read the thread now to see if I found anything, but for now, I feel lynching either of those three would give us some answers

Vote:Riddle

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I completely disagree. Why would Riddle lynch the recruiter D1.
At first, I thought it was cause he saw for it was pretty **** hard to save him at this point, but because this IS a recruiter...unvote: Riddle

and I meant to say Riddle, Nick OR Frozenflame, not and.

So yeah, either Nick or Frozenflame.

I have been reading along and follow. I've just made little mistakes here and there in terms of things when I post.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Why not Tom, why riddle or nick?

Make a case.

Indie hunting is stupid.

Especially narrowing them down into separate anti-town groups.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Why not Tom, why riddle or nick?
Again, I'm just more convinced of Nick or FF are mafia due to the kill on D1. Me, you, and several others of DG players have seen how KK plays in the Mafia games. This is Nick's, Riddle's, and FF's first time seeing KK play, so I'm just taking into consideration to who's seen KK play and who hasn't. I don't know why else KK would be Night killed.

For all I know, Tom COULD be antitown, but for what alignment I dunno. Of course, it doesn't matter to us, but still. I'm not trying to really indie hunt, but at the same time, I felt I should mention something to the table (maybe something to discuss about in the future). I'm more focused on finding our possible last mafia. If everyone wants to vote for him, fine, but I want to hear what he has to say as well as give himself a chance to defend himself.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Ronike
Could we get some prods all around please?

Gah, sorry for not posting for awhile.

a Tom wagon may not be too bad of an idea, but I would still like reason

I've been calculating as to who is possibly either scum or indie ever since the kill for KK showed on D2. One would think 'wait, why would they kill KK?' To me, it doesn't make much sense to me. Not trying to discredit KK or anything, but a lot of the DG players know that KK has always been a 'red herring' of sorts.

This led me to believe that Riddle, Nick, and Frozen are our possible mafias (Mainly going on Riddler).

Why night kill those in the scum list, especially if it just push you closer and closer to the spotlight? I think Frozen is too smart to do this type of stunt, so this is why the target is mainly on Riddler.

I'm not so heavily on Nick that he's mafia, but at the same time, I feel either him, Tom, and again Frozen is our independents (mainly Tom). For all we know, Tom may be trying to hint mafia who has possible power roles, and who are vanilla townies (while trying to snuggle in the Mafia in this said section). I know the part about the power roles is kinda bs, but this is my opinion, really.

So, in terms of list

Possible Mafia: Riddle, Frozenflame, Nick

Possible Independent: Tom, Nick, Frozenflame

I'm gonna re-read the thread now to see if I found anything, but for now, I feel lynching either of those three would give us some answers

Vote:Riddle
First of all Rockin, proofread your posts. I'm having a hard time following your train of thought.

Second of all, as far as the KK kill goes, mafia might have killed him to frame me (as KK and I had been suspicious of each other), and also because, being pretty solidly on the recruiter lynch, he was semi-cleared.

Thirdly, as far as the marshy kill goes, it makes you more suspicious in my eyes, as Marshy had been pushing for your lynch early D2, until Gheb took over the spotlight.

Fourthly, why and how would you indie-hunt? The only time we should hunt for independents is when there's an SK. Since we've only had one kill a night, ignore the indies and hunt for mafia.

Finally, you aren't really making that much sense with your reasoning for your mafia and indie lists.

At first, I thought it was cause he saw for it was pretty **** hard to save him at this point, but because this IS a recruiter...unvote: Riddle

and I meant to say Riddle, Nick OR Frozenflame, not and.

So yeah, either Nick or Frozenflame.

I have been reading along and follow. I've just made little mistakes here and there in terms of things when I post.
Personally, I think that it's completely possible that scum wasn't in the scumlist. I mean, swords was basically a dead man walking by the time of his roleclaim, so I can easily see mafia bussing him. Yes, the fact that he was the recruiter does make bussing less likely, but it's still possible, and we should keep it in mind.

Again, I'm just more convinced of Nick or FF are mafia due to the kill on D1. Me, you, and several others of DG players have seen how KK plays in the Mafia games. This is Nick's, Riddle's, and FF's first time seeing KK play, so I'm just taking into consideration to who's seen KK play and who hasn't. I don't know why else KK would be Night killed.

For all I know, Tom COULD be antitown, but for what alignment I dunno. Of course, it doesn't matter to us, but still. I'm not trying to really indie hunt, but at the same time, I felt I should mention something to the table (maybe something to discuss about in the future). I'm more focused on finding our possible last mafia. If everyone wants to vote for him, fine, but I want to hear what he has to say as well as give himself a chance to defend himself.
Are you sure that FF hasn't seen KK play? They've both been around for a while. But at any rate, why would it matter who's seen him play, and who hasn't?

As for the second paragraph, you aren't making much sense here. It doesn't matter what alignment Tom is? Um... what? But at any rate, I am going to give him a chance to defend himself before I vote.

@Tom
You've had long enough man. If I don't see a defense within 24 hours, I'm going to vote.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
ive been pretty busy this week last week. i will also be busy this upcoming week.

by skimming i can see that people are saying i should post or get lynched or something, which is dumb logic to begin with, but i will have to wait a bit before i can seriously sit down and read this. probably Monday night.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Vote Count:
Tom (1): Kevin
Riddle (1): Rockin

Not Voting: Nick, Tom, FF, Mentos, Riddle, Jungle

Mentos gets a prod. Frozen and Jungle is V/LA

Tom, I sympathize with you that life is busy and all, but starting today, I'm not counting anyone's "life's been busy, expect a post by x date" as being active. If life is really that busy, go V/LA.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
V/ LA is unfair to all of us as well.

FF has barely made any posts and has been V/ LA for seemingly this entire game.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, um, I just remembered why I haven't really posted in a few days... Because absolutely nothing is going on. For right now

Vote: FrozenFlame

He's been V/LA almost the entirety of the game, and I'm tired of letting him get away with posting once a week at most. Couple that with his lack of appearance on the Swords wagon, and the fact that the posts he has made haven't been as strong as I expect from townie FF, I say we start a wagon.

Tom, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts when you get the chance. You've only been slightly less absent than Frozen this game and are definitely on my radar.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I dont understand what Rockin is saying

first of all, FF and KK were both in HP Mafia.

And I don't understand why you are differentiating between indy and scum, either or are/can detrimental to the town. The only difference in your list is one person anyway.

The rest I just don't understand what you're driving at.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
This game really needs some life breathed into it.

There's a move I can make to really get things moving I think, but I'm not sure if now is the right time.

I'll think about it some more. But for now at least, Kevin and Tom, would either of you guys be down with lynching mentos or Nick, considering they are the only two remaining players (other than me) who were not on the Swords wagon?

Riddle

Smash Lord
I don't believe Tom was on Swords' wagon (for a really dumb reason too). And I think with his lack of response combined with his scummy day 1 play has earned my vote.

Vote: Tom

Honestly Tom, you promise posts and don't provide them, you are accused and you don't defend yourself. I realize your life is busy, but the lack of defense makes me very uneasy.

Ronike

Smash Ace
"Hey guys, we finished the testing on those samples we took yesterday, and we found out some stuff we, and by we I mean not my *** of a cohort currently lying on the floor with a probable concussion, think you should know it."

"What's up guys? So here's the deal: that whack job Swords? Well it turns out that weird strain of Panacea he had, well let's just say its a good thing you dudes took that thing out pronto! If you hadn't, every day the whack job would have been able to control a different one of you every night, keeping the warts and all man. So its a darn good thing that we nipped that in the bud, huh dudes? Oh, and some more good news: after analyzing the whack jobs DNA and how the Panacea reacted with it, we have determined that, at least in our little group here, the chance of another person here with the same problem is about the same as the chance of MTV being awesome again. So whatever is causing the uncool now is an entirely different problem. Later dudes!

"I don't even know who that was... But he had it right.

Vote Count:
Tom(2): Kevin, Riddle
Riddle(1): Rockin
Frozen(1): Mentos

Not Voting: Tom, Frozen, Nick, Jungle

Tom gets a prod.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Really guys? Ugh...

Tom gets another Prod, and so do Rockin and Nick. Everyone else gets a general activity prod, but no points.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I really want Rockin to explain what the hell he is trying to get to in his last posts

vote: rockin

I really have no idea what he was getting to.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I think it would be good if everyone made a player by player analysis and scum-list. That is how I am formatting my catchup and I think it would be good to get everyones opinions on record. If you don't know what I mean, just check back tonight I guess to read mine.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Looking back on it now, I think my last post was just really garbage and tasteless. sorry I wasted your time with that one ><;;. And I know Indie hunt is impossible, but still...I like to indie hunt sometimes, even though my main focus will always be scum.

Unvote

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Jungle don't waste your time with Rockin considering Ronike just stated that a mafia recruiter could have recruited once a night, it would have been suicide to bus him D1 when they could have just as easily swung the lynch onto Karthik.

This game is pissing me off, we have a shortened lynch pool due to D1, all of those people on that lynch pool are barely posting, everyone out of it is barely posting.

And Tom has promised more posts then I have made.

Frozen, why shouldn't we target you, you haven't done anything either besides claim that you think you can help us but aren't sure if you should do it yet.

Mentos you're actually second on my priorities under Tom, so your lynch is fine with me too.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Tom please defend yourself. I really don't want an analysis I want a defence.

You are acting scummier by the minute and I would be very comfortable with your lynch right now.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree I'm growing more confident in a Tom lynch. I also think that we might be going about this wrong. Yeah, I know, flavor based arguments are generally weak, but judging from the last bit, it seems as though Swords would be able to recruit once a night. If that's the case, it's VERY possible that he was the only mafia. Especially with Something entirely different being in purple, a common color for indies. One way or another, Tom and Frozen are my top targets right now(my vote sticking on Frozen for now).

Tom: Why would it help us to get everyone to do a player by player analysis? People have suspicions openly out there, is it really useful for us to waste the time having everyone post up a general list, instead of focusing on their suspicions? Also, I may very well swing my vote toward you soon, for the same issue I'll list when I go on to Frozen next.

Frozen: I think if you can possibly help us, you should do it. Right now your posts all feel off. It's not that you're so inactive, I understand you've been busy and all, it's when you do post, something about it seems off. I can't explain it that well, but anything that could potentially move my thoughts off you it would help.

Overall, I'm going to have to think about this game some more. That flavor that Ronike put up, while I know unreliable, has kind of warped my thoughts of things a little bit. While I'm still suspicious of the same people right now, if that flavor is really indicative, we're in a whole different game than we've been playing.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree that this game is stagnant and its tough to get reads on people. I'm just as frustrated as the rest of you.

Alright, now's the time to do it I suppose.

I'm the town cop. I have monk-like abilities that allow me to read other's "chi". I learned these abilities when I was learning how to be humble and non-narcissistic from monks.

I've investigated Marshy, KevinM, and Tom. All town results. I think all three of us working as a coalition can finally bust this game open.

So guys, where do we move from here?

Top Bottom