• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROM 4! Revival Of Mango?! NOVEMBER 19th-20th! ROAD TO APEX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
A lot of people in the chat were incredibly disrespectful to the streamers. Prog pretty much covered everything.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
to anybody who was there day 2 till the end: did u see a external hard drive at the end of the event? a wd notebook it has all my recorded matches. it was all black with plastic still on it. i thought i packed it away after i saw dr.pp vs mango but i guess i was distracted and just left it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
If people are so bothered by the stream, they are free to tune in to a "more promoted one." Look at the facts here. This wasn't on the front page of Twitch. This was mainly promoted on SWF and through social media of Smash users. This was directed more to Smash users than anything else. And if people would take a moment to see what we were dealing with, I think they would be content with the output (quality). And in the end, it was VERY watchable.

What isn't excusable, is when people have good resources like proper internet and such and just make awful technology decisions and poor stream management so it looks subpar that way, but that's for another day.

And for whoever wants to say that this is bad for the Melee community, you need to look at the facts. This stream despite it's shortcomings peaked at 756 viewers and had an average in the 400s. That's insane. As the matches got more hype, more people came in. At one point it was the 6th most watched channel currently on Twitch, and when it wasn't it generally floated around the 10th. If people see that so many people care about the game with a subpar quality stream, they get to see the dedication we have. And even if you want to shake a stick at the video, the audio was fine, and the commentary was legit.

Imagine what it will be like when we take all the followers I got an exposure to a more proper stream like I did for Sudden Death 4. Imagine what's going to happen for Apex. It's the start of something big and I think this goes a long way in showing our dedication to the game, which is something you can't put a price on, even $8.95.
Nobody watched that stream and thought "how dedicated we must be to watch." Lets just do nothing but garbage streams and show them that we are even MORE dedicated! People already posted examples of the opposite happening, gamers tuning in, and then thinking lesser of the smash community after watching. We wasted an opportunity. People who tuned in to this and saw us acting like this was acceptable quality will probably never tune into a smash stream again, unless they want a headache and a stream that can chop their tomatoes.

I like how you think that THIS was the start of something big -__- I already see that you are going to act like my channel doesn't exist.

PS: Where did you get those numbers Chibo?
PPS: You spent alot of time on the front page of twitch, it happens randomly to channels that are trending, and you spent a good portion of the day in one of the 4 side boxes.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
ITT: People who never travel to tournaments get salty that stream quality wasn't good at a venue without internet.

I'm sorry but in a grassroots tournament without any company sponsorship or community donations people do the best they can to give a stream and video coverage of our major events.

Melee isn't a tournament scene that is going to pull people in with big streams anymore as much as I or anyone else would hate to admit it.. it pulls in players thanks to it's amazing community and all together great gameplay.

People like the 2011 Strife who we all KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT that get mad and speak for the entire community about stream quality is hilarious.

You've been here for so long dude you must know how to change smash.

Peef you're clearly arguing for the sake of arguing. The streamers did their best with an adverse environment and all of the disrespectful smashers who couldn't have bothered to come out to the venue or show our community as being something to be a part of rather then just a bunch of self entitled pricks when watching a stream of their peers with technical difficulties is more detrimental then poor stream quality in promoting our scene.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
itt: People who never travel to tournaments get salty that stream quality wasn't good at a venue without internet.

I'm sorry but in a grassroots tournament without any company sponsorship or community donations people do the best they can to give a stream and video coverage of our major events.

Melee isn't a tournament scene that is going to pull people in with big streams anymore as much as i or anyone else would hate to admit it.. It pulls in players thanks to it's amazing community and all together great gameplay.

People like the 2011 strife who we all know so much about that get mad and speak for the entire community about stream quality is hilarious.

Peef you're clearly arguing for the sake of arguing. The streamers did their best with an adverse environment and all of the disrespectful smashers who couldn't have bothered to come out to the venue or show our community as being something to be a part of rather then just a bunch of self entitled pricks when watching a stream of their peers with technical difficulties is more detrimental then poor stream quality in promoting our scene.
x funking posed

Strife

Banned via Warnings
People like the 2011 Strife who we all KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT that get mad and speak for the entire community about stream quality is hilarious.

C'mon dude, not once did I actually complain about the quality of the stream. I was fine with it. I could make out what was happening and that was good enough.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'll just say we did all we could with a 4G phone and we got 600-700 people watching without anything beyond word of mouth.

Strife...please shut up.

Nothing more to say beyond that. I am sorry that someone donated 4G phone to help us and we had to figure out how to make it watchable while still busting our ***** to make sure everything was as good as possible.

How about you guys go back to calling friends for updates? Better yet FB or Twitter. Cause I have reached a personal limit with complaints. We all did a great job with the situation we were given.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
C'mon dude, not once did I actually complain about the quality of the stream. I was fine with it. I could make out what was happening and that was good enough.
You are incredibly obnoxious, i think more people hate you than me and you didn't even have to "steal" any money ;)

When I quote a prog post and say "winning so hard" I am not trying to win any friendships, it is merely a support for progs statement.... You are not entitled to ANY
THING, stop acting like you are. You can not stop me from posting because it upsets you so badly when you see me post (as you so hilariously put in your LOL-inducing PM to me). That is not your decision. I will still send you that autograph though if you want.

Mango brought the business

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
youtube.com/MeleeAtlNorth

Yeah, I gave all of the recording setups the pw for that channel, so hopefully they'll go up there. If not, I suppose they'll be posting on their own individual channels.

That being said, a major thank you to...
DarkOblivion/Pyro, for the projector as well as recording setup
MooseEatsBear, recording setup
Pakman, recording setup as well as holding down his fort
DoH, recording setup
T Webb, recording setup
Alex Strife, recording setup/livestream/getting people's assistance with recording matches
Axelslam, helping with the recording
Dionis, ^
Chibo, for constantly texting me with edits to make for better quality
Peef, for offering assistance as well
D1, HAB, Benteezy, The Lake, Reno for commentary
Alukard for getting people's **** together
Whoever provided the phone, if your bill is high, definitely post about it on the boards, I for one will be willing to donate.
Proskater Joe, for letting me borrow a piece of the floor

true shoutouts later though, maybe

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Strife...please shut up.
You know I've been nothing but cool to you and you insist on being disrespectful to me so I've had enough of you. Alex Strife....you need to shut up now. You had better stop disrespecting me like this otherwise you and I are going to have a problem.

You are incredibly obnoxious, i think more people hate you than me and you didn't even have to "steal" any money ;)
Hmmm......I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If I wanted to come to rom4, people would not be hitting up Alukard saying they don't want me to go. That kind of resentment is reserved for you and you only. And honestly it's not realistic for smashers to despite anyone as much as you when they haven't stolen thousands of dollars from the community.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
You know I've been nothing but cool to you and you insist on being disrespectful to me so I've had enough of you. Alex Strife....you need to shut up now. You had better stop disrespecting me like this otherwise you and I are going to have a problem.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Welp :\ I am just going to report this. Please stop posting things like this.

Banks

Smash Hero
good times. lots of good games, good sweat, and good pizza.

gg's to everyone i played in teams, singles, and the ridonkulous amount of friendlies that went on

i'll see people at apex. shoutouts either later or never

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Waiting on the results thread for everything but...

As someone who was there with getting the stream set up, trust me, we made something incredible with nothing as far as the stream is concerned. Anyone who isn't grateful really needs to frankly consider sodomizing themselves because there's no way any of you would have been able to do any better. I'm not Chibo's biggest friend or fan really (ROB Love though!) but the man helped us put everything together through text message, without even being there. Prog, Alex and I along with a handful of other people used the very little bit we had (along with god knows how many wasted hours of potential fun tourney-going and friendlies) to make the experience as good for you as possible.

I particularly loved how, while we tried to set up the live stream, I spent my own time giving text updates through Prog's twitch.tv account which fell on essentially deaf ears over all the repeated asking of where the stream is and why the whole thing was taking so long. No thank yous, no gratitude, no nothing.

Smashers seem to forget that people like Alukard, Prog, Alex and myself have professional careers and legitimate lives and don't have to put all this work into the enrichment of the community. I used to wonder why Prog wanted to retire from this community and frankly it wasn't until yesterday and reading all these messages today that I not only completely understood, but almost encouraged him to.

I've got FAR too much stuff to do with my life right now and the only reason I keep coming back to this community at my own (sizeable) expense is because of my love for all the wonderful people I met over the past ten years (to the day!).

But even that is getting to be difficult now that I see all the straight-up disrespectful negativity in this community.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Reading through some of these posts I can tell you guys must be new to the world of "Stream Monsters"

Battlecow

Play to Win
Great tourney, and while the stream quality was frustrating, you can always just wait for the vids if you don't like watching poor-quality streams.

The matches were hella entertaining, but I feel like there was much less hype than there could/should have been. Everyone kept talking about Apex this and Apex that and while Apex is cool, it doesn't need to be the focus of commentary for the grand ultrahype supercool PP-Mango showdown of destiny.

ANYWAYS I had a great time watching the stream, I'm gonna have a great time watching the vids, no one stole any money from the winners, GOOD ****.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
We watched it on the drive home. Made the drive go pretty damn fast.

A steam is better than no stream. Plus it was pretty damn good for tethered internet from a phone.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if it makes you feel any kind of way, you were an important topic on the ride home to NC for all of us.

having yay in the car made that all so much more interesting hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom