• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think it's because of the platform being so high so the ceiling is lower in comparison to the stage.

You know it's funny how Halberd has a high ceiling, but the stage is so high it's actually the lowest.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hey rob boards mod could u unlock that dubz thread please? im not jsut doing this on this board im doing it on like 7 others and i don't have time to go through a bunch of other crap when im trying to conduct this research. if not then ill just ignore it but then i lose a potentially valuable partner character. come on im conductin board wide research so please can u just let me keep all the info in one convieniently located thread? just give it 3 days and if none of respond u can delete it for all i care as that would just show that the rob boards are completely uninterested in this part of the metagame at least pit wise.

Sharky

Smash Master
side B is a good move and is MAJORLY underrated
i've been using it more and more recently. il be posting my pound vids soon. i pretty much successfully used it in almost every set iv played recently, including gimping polt's yoshi with it at 0%, since sideB rips through yoshi's double jump and keeps going to stop him from saving himself with upB. if yoshi doesnt air dodge through the sideB he's dead from it at any percent off stage
he might have just canceled the double jump with an aerial which you then interrupted, you should test that.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Are there any characters that you prefer not to go to bf against?

i think lylat's the worst overall but yoshis is the worst in some matchups (MK x.x)

FDs not the best lol we get juggled mad hard there.
QFT

stingers

Smash Obsessed
hmm...not that I can think of lol. there are some chars I'd rather go some stages (****ty recoveries to frigate for example) but bfs generally the best

Croissant

Smash Apprentice
Platforms are awesome for rob. We can put our tops on them to limit the opponents aerial movements or put the top on the ground to get them above us. When the opponent's on a platform, you can shark platforms with almost any aerial-- I prefer u-air for major damage -> ff u-tilts. Also, I've seen a video of Chibo or Stingers using n-air to land on a platform with the hitbox at the bottom hitting through it to punish people under, that was pretty sick loll

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I generally agree with that ratio. But I think in terms of gameplay, it's easier for the Falco player to win, but he isn't a bad MU if you know what I mean. Kinda like IC vs Rob lol.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
When I use to second R.O.B i notice that his B is awsome and the Dspecail is cool and stroung and his grabs are realllllyyyyy fast. Good char :3

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
^^^^^^

Pro question is pro.

Would someone talk to me about responses to MK's glide attack out of both jump and shuttle loop? I've noticed that f-smash spacing only works on derpsters.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
^^^^^^

Pro question is pro.

Would someone talk to me about responses to MK's glide attack out of both jump and shuttle loop? I've noticed that f-smash spacing only works on derpsters.
If MK SL's next to you (as in you spotdodge or shield it) then I believe you get a free fair, a free upsmash or both.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
uair would be best in that scenario. usmash is dangerous because they can fly above it if you try to usmash right away, or fastfall cancel their up b if you try to react to them flying. but if you get a good read, and theyre at kill %s, it's really good. otherwise, for damage and safety (uair covers both options), uair is preferred

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
uair would be best in that scenario. usmash is dangerous because they can fly above it if you try to usmash right away, or fastfall cancel their up b if you try to react to them flying. but if you get a good read, and theyre at kill %s, it's really good. otherwise, for damage and safety (uair covers both options), uair is preferred
gotch a

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Hey people I am asking a pretty difficult to answer question, but try to answer anyways.

In order to be effective and improve with Rob, what things do I have to consider and focus on? What do I have to practice and what do I have to avoid at all costs?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
My gyro control is pretty good already IMO and I need practice on other areas before improving that. My game is too much gyro control. How do I play Rob, not Gyro :D

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That is actually a very good idea stingers. Thanks. I will try that out when I get to Brawl.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I wavebounce like a lot, like 20 or more time every match lol. That' why I said I overuse Gyro and get punished >_>

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Your argument was like suggesting that someone is in Smash Lab and you are surprised about it.
I am perfectly aware what Smash Lab is.

Top Bottom