• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
****, thanks stingers. My computers was a bit slow and would lag over small details like that.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Any predictions on where R.O.B. will place on the new tier list? I have a really good feeling hes going down...same tier but bottom of his tier.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Lol it's aight Gw. You just got excited over a possible new discovery, it's cool :laugh:

IMO, ROB will probably move down. I don't think he should, but ROB gets no respect from the general public. It's sad. Makes it easier for us to ****, though.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I agree. I don't think he should go down...but with this new infinite (ZSS one, not Sheik) and lack of tourney results (at least I think? correct me if I'm wrong) we're prolly as far as we can go. Unless of course someone discovers some bizarre **** to do on Mk with R.O.B. :)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Guaranteed he will go down. Every time I go to a tournament, myself or Fishy are the only good ROB's there and that's only because we live five minutes from each other. The amount of ROB mains who go to tourneys is seriously low and thus doesn't get much rep. It's not that he's bad, he's just not getting the results.

noodles

Smash Champion
theres that infinite zss has on him which makes him less viable for tournament play. i dont main zss and i have it down close to perfect.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Would any of the outstanding ROBs here like to play me pretty regularly (a few times a week) to help me understand techniques, spacing and such better? I need to take my play to the next level.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Would any of the outstanding ROBs here like to play me pretty regularly (a few times a week) to help me understand techniques, spacing and such better? I need to take my play to the next level.
If you live on EC, sure. You use Marth i'm guessing? (I am guessing this is over Wifi since you're asking all R.O.B.s in general, right?)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
By the way, I don't know if anyone knows this, but ROB's side B does up to 24%. I just found out for my guide.

Fun fact.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Whoa whoa whoa. WAIT

Why does Peach beat ROB? I don't even understand.
I played against 2 peaches this weekend, Frank and KOKingpin. Both of which I beat. Upangled FSmash shuts down everything peach can do out of float.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
OKAY look

If a peach floats above Upangled Fsmash, then what?

Okay

There is the argument to as to how a peach could possibly beat a ROB

There you go.

I never said

"This matchup is in Peaches favor! ROB stands no chance!"

I said there is an argument for it. And obviously I'm oversimplifying above. But I really, really don't feel like typing a Peach v ROB matchup summary right now

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
OKAY look

If a peach floats above Upangled Fsmash, then what?

Okay

There is the argument to as to how a peach could possibly beat a ROB

There you go.

I never said

"This matchup is in Peaches favor! ROB stands no chance!"

I said there is an argument for it. And obviously I'm oversimplifying above. But I really, really don't feel like typing a Peach v ROB matchup summary right now
I don't think she has the range to do that? But I'm not going to argue it. I'm just curious what the argument is... that's reasonable though. I just played two... and maybe they didn't know the matchup, but it almost seemed like a HEAVILY Rob favored matchup.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
to be fair, i've never heard of the two peaches you've mentioned. ever. <.<
Well they place decently, in Tennessee. So I don't think they're BAD peaches. Doubt they're outstanding ones... but to be fair, I've never heard of any peaches (in brawl) ever.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
What to Watch out For:
-Auto and well spaced aerials
-Campers (top and laser, especially when recovering in the air)
-High priority aerials
-Quick and near lagless side step

Matchup Mentality:
-Approach with turnips as much as you can
-Down air combos really well if you can get in with it
-Toad is quite helpful as you can see his moves starting up
-Neutral air bothers him a lot
-Grab his top so he can't use it, can do aerials and forward smash while holding an item

Did you know?
-To F-smash with item, must be holding A, press forward on C-stick, then let go of A.
-In unifinished down air (last hit doesn't prop him up) can combo into other hits against rob due to his weight
-Rob CAN change direction hes facing while UP Bing if he does it right /a ROB technique

this is what the Peach Boards have in the ROB Matchup. They call it a 50/50...

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Zom B no brawl peaches at all....?? Im shocked O_o Dark.Pch, Niko K, Sky, Edreese (retired I think), Azen, Hova, and many others

But I think the matchup is 60:40 Peach if anyone cares. I played Dark.Pch (on wifi of course) amd I learned its amazing what a good Peach can do.

@ Thunder of Zeus: If you have AIM or an AiB I'm on there alot so its best to contact me via those if you have them.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
011000010111101001100101011011100010000001110000011011000110000101111001011100110010000001101100011010010110101101100101001000000110010101110110011001010111001001111001001000000110001101101000011000010111001001100001011000110111010001100101011100100010000001110011011011110010000001110100011010000110000101110100001000000110010001101111011001010111001101101110001001110111010000100000011100100110010101100001011011000110110001111001001000000110001101101111011101010110111001110100

jjvirus

Smash Champion
So the fact that at the start of the smash scene he was recognized as one of the best Lucarios counts for nothing? It does. If a player can be recognized for having a large amount of skill with a certain character it counts. Try again pl0x.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Zom B no brawl peaches at all....?? Im shocked O_o Dark.Pch, Niko K, Sky, Edreese (retired I think), Azen, Hova, and many others

But I think the matchup is 60:40 Peach if anyone cares. I played Dark.Pch (on wifi of course) amd I learned its amazing what a good Peach can do.

@ Thunder of Zeus: If you have AIM or an AiB I'm on there alot so its best to contact me via those if you have them.
I don't research players too much, mostly know the SE region and the national level players on the east coast...

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
So the fact that at the start of the smash scene he was recognized as one of the best Lucarios counts for nothing? It does. If a player can be recognized for having a large amount of skill with a certain character it counts. Try again pl0x.
so then count him as a lucario player you can't say he is a peach player if he plays everyone else. he does play lucario considerably more so you he could be called a lucario player but not peach.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
He plays whoever he feels like. He doesn't have a main. You don't have to main someone to be good with them. I could have an extraordinary Sonic, but I may choose not to use him in tourney, and I may not consider myself to main him, just use him for fun or w/e. This is Azen and NinjaLink's case. They have high potential with numerous characters, but they don't consider them their "main". All I did was list players with good Peaches, not Peach mainers necessarily.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Quick frame question for the community guide: I have gyro as 21 frames, but is that for an uncharged gyro shooting right away, or an already charged gyro being shot?

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Quick frame question for the community guide: I have gyro as 21 frames, but is that for an uncharged gyro shooting right away, or an already charged gyro being shot?
Probably the former. 21 frames is over a third a second. Already charged gyro is almost instant.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I was messin around with Diddy the past couple of days and I was wondering how he would fare as a secondary for ROB. You know, how well does he cover ROBs bad matchups? At the very least , he has an easier time with mk, right?

BTW Thunder of Zeus thats Joshua for FE SS in your avatar right? Awesome choice.

buenob

Smash Lord
i dunno, i seconded diddy for a while... it's fun because he's a rediculous pressure character, so if your methodical rob playing can't get the job, they probably will have a harder time with a rush-down... i do better with ZSS now then I ever did with didy, so she's my official second these days... who knows though, my friends captain falcon 2 stocked my rob, and it was probably the closest match of the tournament (i still beat him 2-1 in the set)... he picked up falcon 'cause I can beat his falco/snake/wario pretty easily now... it's all about what you prefer to play, and finding a character that fits it

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm learning to secondary the Ice Climbers. The time put into learning them is so much more worth it than most other characters.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Im starting to see more and more ICs. They have so many different chaingrabs lol

I think shooting an unchraged gyro is 21 frames..

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
I played rob on and off since release of brawl but decided to 2nd him due to me maining fox and having a few bad match-ups, i kno rob very very well but i just want to make sure im not wrong so answer these things for me...

Momentum cancel move?
Move to replenish with?
Moves i can abuse?
Moves safe on block?
Moves avoid using?
Best method of recovery?

i use ROB to take care of Sheik and IC's am i wrong?

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Fine, might as well post...

ROOKI3... Not only are you very rude, with that whole new topic thing, but you also ask some awfully basic questions for someone who "kno rob very very well." Plus, you know, I just hate people with terrible grammar even more. You're lucky I'm answering at all. :rolleyes:

Momentum cancel move? FAir starts up and ends the fastest. ROB's momentum cancelling is very poor anyway.
Move to replenish with? Grab pummel, like anyone else. Jab or poke with Tilts.
Moves i can abuse? FTilt? Intelligently-used projectiles...
Moves safe on block? Almost nothing is safe on powershield for any character. On regular shields, only DSmash and close-range projectiles are easily punished on block.
Moves avoid using? Side-B...
Best method of recovery? Depends on the opponent. Going very low and flying vertically is the most universal method for success.

And no I don't know ROB's get-up attacks frame data, nor ledge attacks.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Fine, might as well post...

ROOKI3... Not only are you very rude, with that whole new topic thing, but you also ask some awfully basic questions for someone who "kno rob very very well." Plus, you know, I just hate people with terrible grammar even more. You're lucky I'm answering at all. :rolleyes:

Momentum cancel move? FAir starts up and ends the fastest. ROB's momentum cancelling is very poor anyway.
Move to replenish with? Grab pummel, like anyone else. Jab or poke with Tilts.
Moves i can abuse? FTilt? Intelligently-used projectiles...
Moves safe on block? Almost nothing is safe on powershield for any character. On regular shields, only DSmash and close-range projectiles are easily punished on block.
Moves avoid using? Side-B...
Best method of recovery? Depends on the opponent. Going very low and flying vertically is the most universal method for success.

And no I don't know ROB's get-up attacks frame data, nor ledge attacks.
not only are you a f*ckin moron but learn to read d*ck i said that im asking to make sure, my rob is legit anyway, do me a favor be sure that you only talk to me like this on the threads because in person i'll kick your f*ckin teeth in.

Top Bottom